🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by dragomagol » #720785

Bottom post of the previous page:

Who will wax? Who will wane? Will Cheshify make someone cry at the debates? Find out on today's edition of the Headmin Elections!

Campaign Threads:
Rex9001
Kieth4
Timberpoes
TheBibleMelts
WalterMeldron
Kinnebian
DendyDoom
Tegun
Tattle
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: 🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by TheBibleMelts » #721036

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:42 pm
Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:30 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm
Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:33 pm We better get more candidates.
I'm not sure what I think of anyone outside of timberpoes.

Keith4 wasn't a great headmin and most of his ideas are "meh" at best. I'm divided over TBM while they have done good things I don't feel like they're the right way for me, Walter's a great dude but his thread and points feel bare but it's early days, rex's has a few busywork points when it comes to bureaucracy.
No one is perfect! But we can strive to be. Could you be more specific about the busywork parts?
The adminpm guideline and headmins always posting "we're looking into this" makes it feels like we're some kind of call center. I fear it might lead to more soulless handling of tickets.

I'm not great at describing nit
The problem is that we also get feedback saying that we're not professional enough in how we handle things, so like...
admins ain't being paid, they don't need to act like outsourced customer service representatives. as long as they're being cool and helpful I couldn't be caught dead giving a damn about how casual they're acting.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721037

Admins don’t have to act proffessional, but you shouldnt be a dick. I think everyone likes to know that someone is looking into something and regardless of how we feel a nice and friendly ending cuts down a lot of frustration. If something ends well you will look back on the whole thing better.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721039

dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:33 pm
DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 pm -my own goddamn gladiatorial snip-
me watching the proceedings reclined on a silk chaise longue while a trialmin feeds me grapes and another fans me with a big palm leaf
Putting your fist up to give the thumbs up or thumbs down as the court vizier spawns a fire axe that overrides the decap PR for the winner to take their head off
Walter brought back Crack.
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721040

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:45 pm We should answer all ahelps in character
imagining getting verbally berated for all of my character failures for half an hour (I ahelped because my uplink broke)
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721041

There is not enough candidates so far in my opinion.

Where are all the funny candidates? Why ban em from posting? :(
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #721042

conrad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:38 pm
dendydoom wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:33 pm me watching the proceedings reclined on a silk chaise longue while a trialmin feeds me grapes and another fans me with a big palm leaf
Which trialmins?
epoc, he's been impressing me lately

and uhhhhhhhhhhhh

snaps fingers

you
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721050

kinnebian wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:06 pm i will run next term i think
SIKE
respect (let him do his thing)
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #721051

I forgot to vote last year and the year before that I think I went by which username I thought was the coolest. Maybe this will finally be the year I practice educated voting or maybe I'll go off of Forum pfp.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #721053

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 am There is not enough candidates so far in my opinion.

Where are all the funny candidates? Why ban em from posting? :(
We're sorry to conclude that all funny candidates have killed themselves with a shot to the back of the head against their will.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721054

LET BLACKLIST RUN FOR HEADMIN :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721056

We need more admins advocating for player designed events.

Places for players to workshop some EPIC lore moments.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #721057

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:11 am We need more admins advocating for player designed events.

i think you've seen a few of my events. i'm pretty big on laying out tools and toys and letting the players choose their own adventure while i play along with it. i think your newest video on the youtubes was an example of that.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721064

Something something campaign propaganda here.

Admins don't have to get professional, they just have to be polite, neutral and non-confrontational. Too many players have learned to detest admin interactions because those admins have no personalities in tickets.

In any ticket a player just wants to be listened to. Too many crappy ahelps lack conversation, it's just the admin speaking at the player instead of with them.

That's it. Players wouldn't be scared of ahelps as much if admins didn't play into those tropes. We're not customer service agents, we're conflict mediators. Totally different skillet and our customer service agent admins tend to burn out over time and become very jaded and cynical. Our conflict mediator admins tend to thrive.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721065

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:11 am We need more admins advocating for player designed events.

Well you are in luck, its part of my platform! I wanna create a space on the discord for player run events
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721068

It's a bit of a meme that comes up every election.

The difficulty with player created events is that it needs someone to run them.

Few admins are willing or, honestly, sometimes even capable of running them. Fewer players fall into this category still.

That is the great barrier. Players can already suggest events that nobody runs, making it easier to suggest events nobody will run is putting the cart before the horse.

You need to come up with a plan for how event suggestions regularly get thrown at the game servers first, then back it with ideas to get event suggestions forwarded into the pipeline.

I have no clue how to make this happen in a sustainable long term way, but if someone did have a clue and I liked it then I'm all ears.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721069

I think game servers already handle events well, conduct and good sense prevent running an event every darn round. I’d follow my own discord suggestion instead of the forums because discord is just faster and more convinient for organising stuff like that. The ultimate plan is to use the ”event runner” role (in game) a tad more and allow these events to function with admin oversight but letting the player ”run” it so to speak. Hopefully this might also get us more contributors and event mappers.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721071

Event runner is cool but time consuming because you need to find people who even want the role (very small pool) then supervise them. Not that many people want to be an event runner or supervise
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721072

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:03 am Event runner is cool but time consuming because you need to find people who even want the role (very small pool) then supervise them. Not that many people want to be an event runner or supervise
How would mentors be different?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721074

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:03 am Event runner is cool but time consuming because you need to find people who even want the role (very small pool) then supervise them. Not that many people want to be an event runner or supervise
I fucking love events I really WISH there were open event runner applications or some shit like that. Unless I'm missing something, of course, and then I'd feel stupid >:3c
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #721075

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:45 pm We should answer all ahelps in character
Can we all agree to do this over April Fool's please?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #721076

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:28 am
I fucking love events I really WISH there were open event runner applications or some shit like that. Unless I'm missing something, of course, and then I'd feel stupid >:3c
When I gave someone event runner they asked me then I asked the other headmins at the time and was told ye bro if you want to supervise them and are sure they won't grief go ahead (or smth along these lines) I think you just need to ask someone (possibly only admin trainer +)
Last edited by kieth4 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #721077

conrad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 am
Well it's not entirely the same is it?

In terms of responsibilities and access to tools mentors would only be answering questions. I do not think it's comparable to event runner.

Plenty of ppl would be willing to be mentors as it's low responsibility and people want to share their knowledge.

Whereas event runner is someone being given tools and supervised. They can see normal tickets and shit etc.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721078

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:24 am

In terms of responsibilities and access to tools mentors would only be answering questions. I do not think it's comparable to event runner.

Plenty of ppl would be willing to be mentors as it's low responsibility and people want to share their knowledge.

Whereas event runner is someone being given tools and supervised. They can see normal tickets and shit etc.
You'd still need to train mentors, and make sure they're not being bad quality, and if they break rules (like say rule 8) during a mentor help to have someone spend time judging whether they should remain a mentor.

I think it's naive to think you just slap perms and put a button that don't exist yet and would require a code change and call it a day. Am I missing something?
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #721079

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:22 am
DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:28 am
When I gave someone event runner they asked me then I asked the other headmins at the time and was told ye bro if you want to supervise them and are sure they won't grief go ahead (or smth along these lines) I think you just need to ask someone (possibly only admin trainer +)
Kieth is right, you can ask any AdminTrainer+ for this role. In fact, if you have eyes on becoming a real admin some day this is great experience.

I think this option should be better publicised somewhere...
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #721080

conrad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am
kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:24 am

You'd still need to train mentors, and make sure they're not being bad quality, and if they break rules (like say rule 8) during a mentor help to have someone spend time judging whether they should remain a mentor.

I think it's naive to think you just slap perms and put a button that don't exist yet and would require a code change and call it a day. Am I missing something?
I think the training would be absolutely minimal, I'm not entirely sure I've interacted with a trained mentor before. The ones I've spoken too have just been pretty casual conversations about the game. Mentors aren't admins and most people are able to answer questions pretty well!

If the mentors are being weird they can be quite easily removed as well as there's no real power behind the role. If they're using the system to do rule 8 shit they'd be server banned too I'm sure.

The real issue would be finding a place for them in the current admin hierarchy and who oversees them etc. This is where the biggest piece of work will be.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721081

Now what if there was a space to easily request and get admin trainers to possibly look at your ideas...
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #721082

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 am Now what if there was a space to easily request and get admin trainers to possibly look at your ideas...
This isn't a bad idea honestly but there's a very real chance a lot of players simply cannot be trusted with the role due to notes/history/whatever.

Wonder if we could make a role with less access to shit.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721083

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:43 am
TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 am Now what if there was a space to easily request and get admin trainers to possibly look at your ideas...
This isn't a bad idea honestly but there's a very real chance a lot of players simply cannot be trusted with the role due to notes/history/whatever.

We probably can config something up.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #721085

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:45 am

Skyrat had a thing on the discord where players could propose events and admins would sometimes pick them up- a discord forum thing could work for letting people provide ideas maybe.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #721086

Vekter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:42 pm
Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:30 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm
Dax Dupont wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:33 pm We better get more candidates.
I'm not sure what I think of anyone outside of timberpoes.

Keith4 wasn't a great headmin and most of his ideas are "meh" at best. I'm divided over TBM while they have done good things I don't feel like they're the right way for me, Walter's a great dude but his thread and points feel bare but it's early days, rex's has a few busywork points when it comes to bureaucracy.
No one is perfect! But we can strive to be. Could you be more specific about the busywork parts?
The adminpm guideline and headmins always posting "we're looking into this" makes it feels like we're some kind of call center. I fear it might lead to more soulless handling of tickets.

I'm not great at describing it
The problem is that we also get feedback saying that we're not professional enough in how we handle things, so like...
Counterpoint, we're volunteers for a game server and not a corporate environment where we have to massage clients over the phone.

I'll be polite to people but I'm not interested into having to recap and get drawn into the whole discussion we just had for the last 5 minutes. Also when you're the only admin and you're already handling a bunch of tickets at the same time sometimes "handled" is gonna come out because you're already balls deep in several logs for another ticket.
My priority in that case is the correct handling of ahelps vs wrapping my answers in roses.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721089

Wait event runner is an actual role?

That exists?

Where are the app forms. I'm in.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721091

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:52 am Wait event runner is an actual role?

That exists?

We don’t have an apps form, what I’m proposing is that. Vote Rex!
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #721093

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:52 am Wait event runner is an actual role?

That exists?

It exists on a per-round basis. You can ask an AdminTrainer (or GameMaster / Headmin) for the permissions, if you've got an idea
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721094

WineAllWine wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:08 pm

That exists?

It exists on a per-round basis. You can ask an AdminTrainer (or GameMaster / Headmin) for the permissions, if you've got an idea
Ooooohh

I see!

Yeah there needs to be easier ways to get events from players done.

I want to make sprites of bluespace entities and give them to admins to bully the station with.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
conrad

Post by conrad » #721096

AYO THE GOOPTER IS INNNNNN

Although with that thread I think oranges is gonna nuke him from the face of the earth.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #721101

conrad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:21 pm AYO THE GOOPTER IS INNNNNN

Although with that thread I think oranges is gonna nuke him from the face of the earth.
ive ran on less
Living God

Extraordinary Person

kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721104

kieth4 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:48 am

Skyrat had a thing on the discord where players could propose events and admins would sometimes pick them up- a discord forum thing could work for letting people provide ideas maybe.
this is already in my platform
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721105

Mf have you read my campaign, this is what I've been pushing for in it.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721107

rex i know for a fact we have the same thing in our platforms
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #721111

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:31 pm

Mf have you read my campaign, this is what I've been pushing for in it.
Sorry for the lack of clarity, I mean if u get perms changed a bit otherwise I think it's somewhat mid
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #721112

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 am
a discord channel or Ideas threads for events on the forums would work well for this, but it's worth keeping in mind: Skyrat relies much more heavily on those sorts of events for there to be anything going on in the game, and part of the reason they have the discord area for it was an internal requirement that admins get preapproval for events.

it's a great idea to get people thinking about cool things to do with the game outside of the normal loops or mechanical* antags, but just to be clear: what skyrat was doing was not just collaboration and idea-gathering but also limiting what staff and players could do spontaneously in the round through the approval process (introduced spring of last year, idk if it's been rolled back since or on nova now, I don't keep up with them)

it's a very stifling situation to have been in and one many people were unhappy with when introduced - so just be clear if it's only idea development you're interested in through this

edit for extra context:
► Show Spoiler
feedback appreciated here <3
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #721114

Higgin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:05 pm meow
we already have a subforum for proposing events
viewforum.php?f=63

the issue with player proposed events is it usually requires knowledge of admin tools to know if your event is realistically doable, I got a lot of suggestions for events that were simply impossible to do with the current tools.
► Show Spoiler
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #721118

Events don’t need to be the focus of a round to be great. One of my favorite admin events was on Sybil where an admin made it so that anyone who said the word “Bingus” would have the antique teleported to their hand. Simple, silly, awesome. I had a gunfight with a traitor that round where we were both yelling bingus to wrestle control of the laser. Do more stuff like this and less stuff that tries to be the focus of the round with centcom announcements and faxes.
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721123

small scale interactions (which i hesitate to call events) are part of my normal adminning. most players like it when after they interact with the world, it interacts back in a personalized way. it makes them feel like their presence in the round is felt by someone else, and it makes their story more personal.

if i'm going to do a big event then in all likelihood i've already planned the material for it beforehand. i like to take study breaks where i do creative writing and a lot of this is narrative stuff for rounds. i'm active on the manuelcord too where lore threads are a common thing, so i am constantly absorbing the backstory of your OC to slip bits and pieces of it into my interactions with you.

like with most things it's a balancing act. sometimes you just want a normal round of ss13, and when that starts getting stale, it's nice to have an event to shake things up. if you have a red alert invasion with lore dumps and cutscenes and john nanotrasen turning up in power armour to save the day every single round, then it stops being special.
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721124

wrt player events, a lot of my conversations with people around this has been that when offered, they would rather someone else run the event so they can participate in it.

i actually had no idea the event runner role was still a thing, since i've never actually seen it utilized. it's an interesting idea, but yes, it does need more oversight than just throwing someone the power to control reality itself and letting them go wild with it. admins know that big events usually generate more ahelps, and player event runners will not be able to handle those.

there are times where i've asked "does anyone want x, y or z next round?" or just going into dchat like "anyone wanna play an event role? give me some ideas" and we'll work together to improv something.
NSFW:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #721126

dendydoom wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 pm small scale interactions (which i hesitate to call events) are part of my normal adminning. most players like it when after they interact with the world, it interacts back in a personalized way. it makes them feel like their presence in the round is felt by someone else, and it makes their story more personal.
Thats such a great way of putting it! Being "The world" is one of my favourite parts of adminning
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721133

I think 110% one of the most interesting parts of an event round, or even just a round with active admins, is seeing the game feel go from concrete I can do X and Y to a more D&D/TTRPG maybe if I try a custom action here, I’ll get something new to happen?

That sort of thing always, always, always gets me more invested in the round- when suddenly, something that makes sense but isn’t in code can be done and still have a sensible effect? I love that.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #721135

I like running those horror events, those always end up going well.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #721137

now that TTS is back i can go back to my old shit of making vending machines talk to people. one time i had it say some shit like "We've been stealing John's blood while he's asleep and putting it in the soda! New and improved recipe!" and they lost their minds. i caught them trying to code dive to find it in discord later.

if you're reading this john (wasn't their name but i don't remember it) it was me all along. I WAS THE VENDING MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NSFW:
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721138

Remember that the forum is fully unlocked tomorrow! If you have any questions about my platform feel free to slide em in there when the forum is unlocked!
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721142

Remember that the forum is fully unlocked tomorrow! If you have any questions about my platform feel free to slide em in there when the forum is unlocked!