🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by dragomagol » #720785

Bottom post of the previous page:

Who will wax? Who will wane? Will Cheshify make someone cry at the debates? Find out on today's edition of the Headmin Elections!

Campaign Threads:
Rex9001
Kieth4
Timberpoes
TheBibleMelts
WalterMeldron
Kinnebian
DendyDoom
Tegun
Tattle
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Re: 🌙 Headmin Election 19 Discussion Thread 🌙

Post by kinnebian » #721142

Remember that the forum is fully unlocked tomorrow! If you have any questions about my platform feel free to slide em in there when the forum is unlocked!
respect (let him do his thing)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #721144

Remember that the forum is fully unlocked tomorrow! If you have any questions about my platform feel free to slide em in there when the forum is unlocked!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721147

With regards to event runner, there's a lot of red tape with handing it out due to how admin permissions are set up.

The minimum permission set to run events kinda crosses over with the minimum permission set to arbitrary permission escalation. So our starting point when giving people event runner is to assume they can do anything a full admin can do.

They can also see tickets and asay and all that other stuff.

So event runner is usually only handed out to players that trainers feel could otherwise be trusted with full admin permissions. There's not really much you can do about that without a massive codebase overhaul of what permissions do what - and I suspect all the vital permissions to run events, spawn items etc. could still expose vulnerabilities.

It makes use of the role as a general freebie to hand out very limiting.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721151

Remember that the questions are fully slided free! If you have any forum about my forum feel unlock to unlock em in there when the platform is tomorrow!
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721153

kinnebian wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:56 pm -copysnip-
copycat...
Walter brought back Crack.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #721155

the em platform that you to forum fully If free tomorrow! Remember slide questions there have my in any is forum unlocked unlocked! when about feel is the
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #721157

Wemembew dat da fowum is... ummu... fuwwy unwocked temowwow! owo If yew hab any quesduns abowt my widdle pwatfowm, feew fwee tew swide in thewe wif yow peets when da fowum is unwockied!
(buwu)b
feedback appreciated here <3
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #721160

right when I thought I was out... THEY PULLED ME RIGHT BACK IN!
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #721179

Wooh, went up by quite a few candidates. I think it might be time to announce the debates and finish the prep for em.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721188

All these haters tryna copy my style, but they can never touch my energy...
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #721189

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:37 pm Catposting
To condense and focus this.

Anyone with VV can perms escalate to the moon.
This is not solvable, because we are bad at our jobs. We keep things damped down and prevent call of the void moments but any guarantee is unworkable.
Do not hand out VV to someone you don't trust, or someone you can't keep watch over. Trust is a primary factor in this type of security.

This highlights the issue with player event runners, it requires keeping watch over someone you don't trust enough to make an admin, and by nature only a limited set of users can even do it (we lock down perms editing for the above reason among others).
When we've had prolific runners in the past the admin team grows fatigued and pissy, cause they'd always want to be doing something. That's the problem to solve here (somehow)
Last edited by TheFinalPotato on Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721190

Thank you based lemon person. That's a good summary.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #721191

Haha I edited it get OWNED
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721192

i think timber should abuse his modular powers to VV your post back to its original state
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721193

I still want to give people the opportunity to event run, and a space for minor events on the discord. Regardless of the issues event running can potentially pose I think it is something people want, and the space on the discord would be a good replacement for the events workshop since it allows for faster pace communication and is more accessible.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #721199

I don't think it needs a code solution, the solution is being supervised by trainers.

They can ask for help with VV. If they make a round-breaking mistake (which most people never do); then whatever, mistakes happen.

If they deliberately abuse the event runner role that's a quick way to eat a permaban
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #721201

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that I have decided not to run for TGstation head admin this year. There are a number of reasons but chief among them are that I don't play the game, and that also being head admin sounds like an enormous time sink and pain in the ass, and also that nobody knows who I am on account of how I don't play the game. I hope that you all of the people I know were hoping to vote for me can contain your disappointment and are willing to give me another chance in the next term, when I also won't be running.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721203

WineAllWine wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:22 am I don't think it needs a code solution, the solution is being supervised by trainers.

They can ask for help with VV. If they make a round-breaking mistake (which most people never do); then whatever, mistakes happen.

If they deliberately abuse the event runner role that's a quick way to eat a permaban
Yes, I second this. We’ll see but I think event runner should be utilized more.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721216

Tattle joining just fucking wrecks my voter card.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #721217

conrad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:39 pm Tattle joining just fucking wrecks my voter card.
!! A DESERT ISLAND HAS JUST JOINED THE BALLOT
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721224

I really like Tattle but deserted island is tragically enough a good way to describe their platform this year, sheer vibes will get them far on my card but no platform isn't something I personally like.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721226

The people who would be running the events 99% of the time are already an admin or on a trainers watchlist
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #721227

I can totally understand people wanting some stability after our term rewriting everything we could get our hands on.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721231

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:45 pm I really like Tattle but deserted island is tragically enough a good way to describe their platform this year, sheer vibes will get them far on my card but no platform isn't something I personally like.
Being real I encourage people to vote mainly on vibes, becuz, your homie might not be able to get their platform done because of the other 2 or something else coming up. Vibes are all you have left for the rest of the term outside of it
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721233

There's no end of ideas for events.

Any GM and any admin trainer can make any player into any admin-tier rank they like, and all trainers and GMs have the authority to promote players up to event runner. They don't even have to ask permission, it's just something they can do automatically.

We just don't want to except when we're really in the right mood or we have a player that knows the tools in and out and is proven trustworthy so we don't need to put a lot of effort or focus into overseeing them during the event.

There's little you as headmin can do to influence it. It's really just not fun to do more than once every few years before you remember how much of a pain in the ass it is and go back to volunteering your time in more fun endeavours.

If you don't have any ideas for overcoming that, it's a non-starter of a platform. The limiter isn't one of exposing trainers and GMs to event ideas, or of empowering trainers and GMs to promote player events, or of empowering normal admins to run player event ideas for them.

It's that despite event having ideas AND a team totally unrestricted from trying them AND a team totally unrestricted from promoting players to see if the player can pull them off... It's kinda just not fun to do except in theory textbooks.

If you can come up with a solution to that, now you've piqued my interest.

(For context: The usual solution is to make the player a full admin complete with training.)
conrad

Post by conrad » #721235

Maybe hot take but it looks easier to recruit someone as admin than to make them event runner.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721238

I edited just as you posted that Conrad, but yes - that's basically how it works now.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721240

Any player that has the potential is likely just pulled onto the admin team since they tick every single box necessary. And they can be running events within a couple of weeks.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721241

Truly we have a dizzying intellect.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721243

dont know about you guys but im gonna pick the one i am the most biased towards without reading their policies
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

conrad

Post by conrad » #721244

Timonk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:10 pm dont know about you guys but im gonna pick the one i am the most biased towards without reading their policies
Sorry man I ain't running.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721245

conrad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:13 pm
Timonk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:10 pm dont know about you guys but im gonna pick the one i am the most biased towards without reading their policies
Sorry man I ain't running.
im gonna write your name on the ballot then
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #721249

i appreciate your support
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721254

how would a bribe effect your bias
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721259

kinnebian wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:53 pm
Actually I'm very lonely and I need someone to play lethal company with
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721286

the headmin candidate storylines are heating up and i can enjoy this while being a deadbeat to my child (NTPW) (coming soon)
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721287

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:01 am the headmin candidate storylines are heating up and i can enjoy this while being a deadbeat to my child (NTPW) (coming soon)
give us the tierlist i need validation
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721304

The (pre questions) Second Tierlist is done!

We have a few more candidates. A massive triple threat between Timber Xemo and Keith, even though only two can win. Tattle is gunning just below while Rex, Tegun and Kinnebian are looking towards a long road ahead to securing the adminvote or the playervote. This election has picked up and although some are clearer than others, everyone has a path to one of the seats unless Dendy does an omega gambit for complete tgstation control

Notes
  • Not much to go off of so far, theres a lot of ways this can shake up in the coming days
  • Still low on candidates unfortunately
  • Only very slightly ordered within tiers, bigger gaps are between tiers
  • I hope your day is going well (yes, you)
  • Next tier list after some questions have been answered and hopefully another few names join the running
  • (Atleast for right now) Placements are relative to one another for the most part
Good luck to all candidates! Make sure to have yourself seen on servers and discord very frequently since those are where the majority of votes are coming from!
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721307

Timonk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:01 pm
kinnebian wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:53 pm
Actually I'm very lonely and I need someone to play lethal company with
That said, it's a damn shame bribes are not allowed and there is a decent chance that kinnebian has been/will be bonked for this
Is asking for bribes prohibited?

That said, I would be inclined to play lethal company with any headline candidate that makes his way onto my steam friends list.
► Show Spoiler
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721311

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:15 am The (pre questions) Second Tierlist is done!

We have a few more candidates. A massive triple threat between Timber Xemo and Keith, even though only two can win. Tattle is gunning just below while Rex, Tegun and Kinnebian are looking towards a long road ahead to securing the adminvote or the playervote. This election has picked up and although some are clearer than others, everyone has a path to one of the seats unless Dendy does an omega gambit for complete tgstation control

Notes
  • Not much to go off of so far, theres a lot of ways this can shake up in the coming days
  • Still low on candidates unfortunately
  • Only very slightly ordered within tiers, bigger gaps are between tiers
  • I hope your day is going well (yes, you)
  • Next tier list after some questions have been answered and hopefully another few names join the running
  • (Atleast for right now) Placements are relative to one another for the most part
Good luck to all candidates! Make sure to have yourself seen on servers and discord very frequently since those are where the majority of votes are coming from!
Tattle is super a super nice lady tbh. I'm sure a lot of admins might pivot vote to her just because she is so lovely.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721320

This election so good the ”worst” platforms are A-
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721335

Im genuinely fully onboard the Rex and Kieth train.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721341

Can the get Tattle Rex Dendi for the most chill positive vibes term in history?
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #721342

New survey by the Spess Research Centre™ indicates Kieth4 is leading among Terry gamers:

Code: Select all

OOC: Rex9001: Remember to vote Rex9001 on the 23rd bros
OOC: Likteer: nah
OOC: Ekaterina von Russland: Probably voting Kieth
OOC: Ekaterina von Russland: Your platform is lame
OOC: Likteer: Kevin4 is wheee it's at
OOC: Livrah: Livrah to headmin
OOC: Radioprague: KIETH 4 THE PEOPLE
OOC: Ekaterina von Russland: Nothing against you personally but lame platform
OOC: DrStankus: kieth running again?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #721356

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:15 am The (pre questions) Second Tierlist is done!

kieth4 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:34 am Tattle is super a super nice lady tbh. I'm sure a lot of admins might pivot vote to her just because she is so lovely.
Be careful, if my head gets too big I won't be able to fit through doors anymore 😝
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721358

kinnebian wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm Im genuinely fully onboard the Rex and Kieth train.
im no longer
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin

Post by TheRex9001 » #721359

AND SHAPS COMES IN WITH THE CHAIIIRRR HOLY SHIT
conrad

Post by conrad » #721360

kinnebian wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:53 pm
kinnebian wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm Im genuinely fully onboard the Rex and Kieth train.
im no longer
You're very mercurial.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721365

conrad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:56 pm
im no longer
You're very mercurial.
i consider you my friend, conrad
i wish you well
conrad

Post by conrad » #721367

kinnebian wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:51 pm
conrad wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:56 pm
im no longer
You're very mercurial.
i consider you my friend, conrad
i wish you well
I am now scared of the winds of change because I too consider you a friend 😔

Jokes aside I too wish you well Kinneb, you're badass 💪
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721371

GOD DAMN SHAPS
MIC DROP