Metacomms, uses exploit, "sowwy :("

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Metacomms, uses exploit, "sowwy :("

Post by Timonk » #720810

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Metacomms, uses exploit, "sowwy :("

Post by NecromancerAnne » #720814

Literally still refusing to elaborate on the exploit. How does he expect his second attempt to go any better than his first? It is entirely possible that his method is still in the game.

The attempt in question: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=35001
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #720816

NecromancerAnne wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:56 am Literally still refusing to elaborate on the exploit. How does he expect his second attempt to go any better than his first? It is entirely possible that his method is still in the game.

The attempt in question: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=35001
They did explain how they did it, which was included in the appeal. The issue is the explanation they provided is half-assed and incorrect. It lacks details and mentions the wrong machine, to the point where it's impossible to replicate the issue from this explanation alone.

If they did it once and explained in detail how they did it so it could be fixed then I think it probably would have been fine. But this was an exploit that had been used multiple times on Campbell with no issue report. There were multiple times where I would hop on Campbell to check it out leading up to this ban and notice players having gotten to CentCom, which I initially thought was just an admin letting them in.

It has since been fixed but because ShadowedEnvy refused to make an issue report for it Vekter had to make one using secondhand information that had to be corrected before anyone could fix the problem.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720841

Bro is treating a random centcom exploit like a national secret, which is single handedly delaying his appeal by however long he refuses to tell it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720844

Metacomms where? Is this title... misleading?!!
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #720845

Justice12354 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:17 pm Metacomms where? Is this title... misleading?!!
Their last appeal included this line, when asked about how they knew people were playing mafia:
In response to TheBibleMelts question: I metagamed. I'm not going to mince words, metagaming is a large part of Campbell's culture, because the way that the game is structured does not lend itself well to long rounds without it. I don't metagame on any other server.
So "Metacomms" is a misnomer, and probably what the thread maker intended to get across.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #720848

Cheshify wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:41 pm So "Metacomms" is a misnomer, and probably what the thread maker intended to get across.
The title is soo misleading. Peanuts Club is so over :(
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #720849

The original appeal basically came down to "Nobody enforces the rules on Campbell so you're literally Hitler for doing it despite the fact that nobody has ever said 'the rules don't apply on Campbell'".

This is the same guy who got big mad at me because I asked him to show me how to perform the exploits he was doing and he felt like he was "betraying the people who trusted him". We found out there was a small group of people sharing and refusing to disclose exploits so they could use them. Big fucking no-no. I think I talked to like 10 people over this issue.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720850

Cheshify wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:41 pm
Their last appeal included this line, when asked about how they knew people were playing mafia:
In response to TheBibleMelts question: I metagamed. I'm not going to mince words, metagaming is a large part of Campbell's culture, because the way that the game is structured does not lend itself well to long rounds without it. I don't metagame on any other server.
So "Metacomms" is a misnomer, and probably what the thread maker intended to get across.
i dont know how you can in good faith assume this was only metagaming when an alt would have been caught quickly
unless im missing critical information here and they announced it in OOC in russian
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720851

Vekter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:06 pm We found out there was a small group of people sharing and refusing to disclose exploits so they could use them. Big fucking no-no. I think I talked to like 10 people over this issue.
imagine tgstation but we left in all exploits ever discovered
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #720853

I mean, metagaming and exploiting are both the biggest rule-breaks you can do "in-system", and he did both. And by that I mean, the only way to rule break harder is something like DDoSing or crashing the server, or real life threats or something, stuff outside of the game, but still in the community. They're the biggest rule breaks you can do within the normal confines of the game.

Soooo it ain't looking good for this dude, especially if he refused to cooperate with getting the exploits fixed. Like, how can the admin team trust he won't just exploit again? I would bet $500 he's in some private discord where they all share SS13 exploits, with zero hesitation.

Edit: I am a firm believer in second chances and forgiveness, but I also believe in contrition... If he disclosed the exploits properly I'd have zero issues with the guy. I doubt anyone cares about my opinion for this but there it is.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #720857

i dont know about you but i can imagine way worse results from breaking other rules
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720860

Last time I got into centcom sightld2 took all of my clothes and squished me
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720868

yeah that sounds like sightid2 (owned)
Walter brought back Crack.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #720870

DrAmazing343 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:38 pm yeah that sounds like sightid2 (owned)
who the fuck is sightid2
there is no such admin
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #720871

WHAT
Walter brought back Crack.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #720913

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:13 pm Last time I got into centcom sightld2 took all of my clothes and squished me
some people are into that
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #720924

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:13 pm Last time I got into centcom sightld2 took all of my clothes and squished me
At least you made it out better than Vlad. I stole his hand teleporter, legs, first born, pronouns, and sent it home with permanent bad luck.

celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #721590

breaking into centcom is always based, esp if you get enough gear to kill the commanding leaders
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #721596

if you want to do what you want with no rules or expectations of fair play then host your own server for you and your friends.

we have rules here and we will enforce them. you don't get to metagame and abuse bugs because you find it fun or convenient, and we will not let you participate if you do so. sorry to be a killjoy.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721641

Honestly if you find a way to break into centcom just tell the exploit after and you are fine
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721643

Now that the exploit is out it sounds very funny
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #721645

Timonk wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:37 am Honestly if you find a way to break into centcom just tell the exploit after and you are fine
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you