Ciggie smoker gets burnt out

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Ciggie smoker gets burnt out

Post by EmpressMaia » #721177

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=35740

"I merely called them an English slang for a cigarette"
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Ciggie smoker gets burnt out

Post by NecromancerAnne » #721261

For a moment I thought this was tg but lol it's TGMC. Why would you do that on TGMC?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #721272

He was entrapped by an admin and still ate a month long ban? This is outrageous, and the admin who baited him needs to be deadminned immediately, or at least face some other proportionally serious action.
NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:40 pm For a moment I thought this was tg but lol it's TGMC. Why would you do that on TGMC?
He was called something he may have understood as a slur regarding his condition (although I seriously doubt that's how anyone intended it given that we don't just guess that he does have some form of disability), and replied with a slur. It's not that serious.

Also can we talk about that TGMC headmin's profile picture? Why is he wearing a duffel bag? Can we note him for suboptimal gaming?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #721273

ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:03 pm Also can we talk about that TGMC headmin's profile picture? Why is he wearing a duffel bag? Can we note him for suboptimal gaming?
I actually find their pfp really cute ngl
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #721274

Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:10 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:03 pm Also can we talk about that TGMC headmin's profile picture? Why is he wearing a duffel bag? Can we note him for suboptimal gaming?
I'm not denying that... but I am denying any possibility of him being a robust spessman...
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #721275

ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:14 pm
I'm not denying that... but I am denying any possibility of him being a robust spessman...
He plays TGMC, what would you expect? I mean, if he's a Headmin, he prob doesn't play anymore =P
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #721276

Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:19 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:14 pm
He plays TGMC, what would you expect? I mean, if he's a Headmin, he prob doesn't play anymore =P
I would expect exceptional robustness, given that TGMC is ALL combat!
Sure, there are other factors to being robust, like knowing game mechanics and being able to improvise, but the importance of combat is undeniable. Robust spessmen must click good.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #721280

ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:21 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:19 pm <snip>
Sure, there are other factors to being robust, like knowing game mechanics and being able to improvise, but the importance of combat is undeniable. Robust spessmen must click good.
You will never truly be robust until you can feel deep in your bones when someone will attack you even without a single movement. The art of being slippery is more important than the art of clicking! They couldn't know that duffelbags are unrobust if they're given gear roundstart smh
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #721281

Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:32 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:21 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:19 pm <snip>
You will never truly be robust until you can feel deep in your bones when someone will attack you even without a single movement. The art of being slippery is more important than the art of clicking! They couldn't know that duffelbags are unrobust if they're given gear roundstart smh
Ah, yes, the first rule of shitsec: never stand in melee range. It allows unrobust officers to compensate for not having this instinct.
(also me and my fellow sec gamers reading that line about roundstart gear :? )
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #721282

ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:36 pm (me and my fellow sec gamers reading that line about roundstart gear :? )
Okay, maybe not the best choice of words hahaha, but you still gotta know what to use as a SecOff and there's a certain level of "artistic freedom" still involved
Spoiler:
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #721283

Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 pm
ekaterina wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:36 pm (me and my fellow sec gamers reading that line about roundstart gear :? )
Okay, maybe not the best choice of words hahaha
Sure it is. I recently learned how useless I am without gear or access. There are robust spessmen out there who make do and still come out on top.
Justice12354 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 pm but you still gotta know what to use as a SecOff and there's a certain level of "artistic freedom" still involved
In 90% of cases, it's just haha batonga go bzzz. Security officers do not have to be robust. Many of them aren't, which explains why sec consistently gets clowned on.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #721284

My favorite defense on the use of that slur in anger was when somebody once told me "you have no idea how many dicks I've sucked"

I did not

Otherwise looks like a pretty sympathetic appeal if they otherwise had no history. Hope they're in a better spot in a month.
feedback appreciated here <3