The Sixth Sense: Your Third Eye, and You!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

The Sixth Sense: Your Third Eye, and You!

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721671

Hello little gay people inside my wall mounted rotary phone (forgot what it was called the last thread).

This is effectively a Re: of the current Unrobustness thread, but more targeted so I can hear more stories.

What were some times in which you knew, you could feel the evil miasma in the air, but acted too slow to counter it? What were some times you acted on a feeling but managed to nail the coin flip, sticking it to the Syndie Man?

I’ve always thought the (game)sense component of this game bordering on actual literary dramatic tension was one of the most interesting pieces to develop over time with my experience and skill; what are your perceptions of your own experience with that sort of thing?

This thread is rather open-ended; share any and all stories you’d like, no matter how quasi-related or tangential they may be. We don’t get enough writing content despite all the hours we sink in, so pray tell!
Walter brought back Crack.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: The Sixth Sense: Your Third Eye, and You!

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #721675

I can sense rats(Valids) And I just have to let them go sometimes. BUT THE HATE IS VISCERAL
Living God

Extraordinary Person

winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #721681

ive gradually gained the ability to tell when people are evil basically based on behavior alone
i think for botanists for example if theyre not actively at botany and are constantly running around 9 times out of 10 they are probably evil
same could be said for med doctors like what the fuck are you doing bro go be a doctor
one time i was coroner, bryce cmo, and clyde was med doctor but right away hes not in medbay
bryce tells him to go to medbay, clyde says 'im busy' and bryce says 'hes probably busy doing heretic stuff and stealing anomaly cores'
and then not even 10 minutes into the match he gets fabian exploded with a hot potato
he wasnt exactly a heretic but indeed he was quite obviously bad
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #721682

When it's dynamic and there are only 5 people on the station you have a 50% chance of guessing if someone is an antag, and I still have a remarkably bad track record when it comes to stopping anyone as sec.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721697

i am antag
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721698

irl btw
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Jackary
Byond Username: Jackary1

Post by Jackary » #721699

I would out Paris Konets when he was antag so laughably fast that he wasn't even a threat to me. Until he'd win anyways due to me getting cocky, atleast
I play Wolf Muddler on /tg/station Sybil, Monkestation, and Goonstation Heisenbee
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #721712

i always grow plants in the back of botany out of sight because it attracts less attention. pretty much any scenario where someone asks my coworker for me by name, usually people I don't normally interact with but sometimes people I do, they're an antag. my other botanist coworker usually picks up on this and just tell them they'll pass it on to me instead of saying that i'm right there.

if you see the same person randomly outside your department just briefly passing by alone every minute to five minues or so, they're an overeager heretic looking for a sac.

the majority of people that randomly stop you just to say "hi" WITHOUT making more conversation immediately are usually antags (and probably typebaiting). i stopped replying to people because it's easier than ahelping the typebaiting.

guy in assistant clothes, gas mask on, ID, but no PDA. probably an antag with a bad disguise. a single crew manifest check exposes these types but usually I say to them next time to include the pda or it's a dead giveaway.

overly quiet AI is either new or malf, usually malf. use this metaknowledge to fuck with people by playing as a really quiet AI just to hear people suddenly wanting to check your laws for no good reason. a lot of malf AI players are so excited to antag that they completely blunder by not keeping up appearances and missing commands.

alex barber used to be able to tell i was cult and announce shift prediction cult because as botanist i'd grab the eva plasteel roundstart as it. so players who normally don't care about plasteel suddenly wanting it is a big cell. he stopped doing this after i started grabbing plasteel every round just to make him look stupid.

non-med staff using the crew monitor regularly tend to be antag more often than not. bob stange spots people out by doing this.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #721809

TypicalRig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:36 pm guy in assistant clothes, gas mask on, ID, but no PDA. probably an antag with a bad disguise. a single crew manifest check exposes these types but usually I say to them next time to include the pda or it's a dead giveaway.
I do this on purpose as a non-antag sometimes just to fuck with people.

Honestly it's fun to intentionally ape obvious but non-hostile antag tells as a non-antag from time to time just to keep people on their toes, you know you've made it when you can freak people out by doing things as innocuous as carrying around a briefcase.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #721813

TypicalRig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:36 pm All the ways you can spot antags
In your personal experience, will you get murdered/attacked by the crew for doing anything suspicious?
On terry the moment you look a little out of place, you'll be lasered into crit, strip searched and dumped in medbay if they dont find any syndicate items on you.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #721816

spookuni wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:36 am
TypicalRig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:36 pm guy in assistant clothes, gas mask on, ID, but no PDA. probably an antag with a bad disguise. a single crew manifest check exposes these types but usually I say to them next time to include the pda or it's a dead giveaway.
I do this on purpose as a non-antag sometimes just to fuck with people.

Honestly it's fun to intentionally ape obvious but non-hostile antag tells as a non-antag from time to time just to keep people on their toes, you know you've made it when you can freak people out by doing things as innocuous as carrying around a briefcase.
Im surprised you didn't get killed by the crew.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #721817

As others have said you can usually tell if someone is an antag because they’ll act really weird. Stuff like asking “is (random crew member) here” asking where department pets are (yes progtots are this stupid) super vague stuff like “I need to show you something” or “can we meet at (place) I need to talk to you” is code for “I am going to decapitate and throw your head out of an airlock” 9.9/10

Some roles are obvious antags depending on what they do, like CMO randomly fucking of fifteen minutes at a time is a pretty dead giveaway. Things like HOP can usually get away with not being seen far longer.

Also someone being in your department when they have no reason to be there is a big red flag a lot of the time (less so for medical). Usually players will look at you for a second or two and awkwardly step around before moving in to attack/stun you. I always assume paramedics are antags because they usually are tiding with their AA kr they’re actually an antagonist.

I tend to just play along in good faith since a majority of Manuel antags don’t tend to round remove you unless it is an objective. One time an old lady asked me to inspect part of maintenance because “it smelt weird” and I went along anyways. I figured something was up because she was pacing in front of my department and asked two coworkers about where I was. Sure enough she was a heretic and I blurted out “I NEED AN ADULT” over the radio as I got sliced up.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #721819

One time I went to cargo and asked one of the miners to print a kitchen knife for me. I told him the cook lost their knife and that they had asked me to get them a new one. The miner pulled me into a quiet room in maintenance and told me that you can also use the plastic knives from the service printer to make heretic blades... And I thought I was being so slick and sneaky for a first time heretic! He still gave me the knife too. I couldn't even respond before he left because the excuse I managed to blurt out got blocked by the IC filter.
𓆏 [...]... ([...] [...] [...] [...] [...]?)