Manuelmin (the)drag(meme)s AI through the mud like a nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

Manuelmin (the)drag(meme)s AI through the mud like a nut

Post by 8bot » #721814

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35811
no u don't get it my event is that u do what i say and i kill you
the gamer formerly known as "remanseptim"
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Manuelmin (the)drag(meme)s AI through the mud like a nut

Post by Timonk » #721818

personally i would get banned if i had killed the AI for turning on the intercom
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #721822

I can guarantee if the HOS had killed the guy for destroying vital station equipment in response to the "event" he'd have eaten a weekban for "interfering with my event".
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #721824

Weird event.

This is a sandbox game and on some level you have to know players are going to use whatever tools are at their disposal when you run an event.

I don't think this complaint will go anywhere but it just feels wrong.

I kind of get what Drag was trying to do here but it just dosen't click.

It might have been better just to wait for a round when ghosts were interested.

Side note: Whenever I've played a CC offical during an event it never felt clear to me what my powers were or even what path I should take to resistance.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721826

I cannot say that I am fans of events where the admin running the event is p much the main character. It rubs me the wrong way. Especially if the admin is using the event to send an ert to kill players who are ic interfereing with the event. I feel that it would have been better to wait. Headmin is kind of involved so it's got a potential to be a tricky situation to resolve.

Interested on how this gets investigated as admin guidelines do tell you to be careful when killing people;
If you need someone to fill a role in-game, such as an event character or someone who is AFK, prioritize players over admins. We're here to create fun for them, not for ourselves. If you are killing or otherwise acting as an antag as an event character yourself, think twice.
Although not directly killing/acting like an antagonist spawning an ert to target someone could be seen in that vein

Going off only the info presented tho so obviously this might not be the exact circumstance
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721827

Having read the logs, it was moreso a shitty event for the AI and HoS than breach in conduct. Admins on CC clothing on station level are pretty much a no-no for me as that leads to people being nervous of messing up with Mr Admin and getting punished, unless they're doing a very obvious gimmick like "I am an AA and cool six-shooter piñata for anteg".

Spawning yourself as CC: not even once. At least they tried to get some players beforehand and seemed not be acting in bad faith.

I don't think anything like a demotion is going to (or should happen to) drag, but what I guarantee will happen is them getting bollocked by a lot of people aaaaaaall the way until the end of the complaint and then some, players and staff alike. And I assure you that my guarantees are better than dorsidarf's shitpost conjecture.
kieth4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:21 pm Although not directly killing/acting like an antagonist spawning an ert to target someone could be seen in that vein
I think the same way, and although that's not what the ERTs were spawned for, when you push buttons as an admin, you're responsible for what those buttons do. I spawned ERTs not two days ago on a round where practically 1/3 of the station was antags round start and was yelled at by players for cucking a cult victory. I can't blame the ERTs.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #721828

conrad's guarantee is indeed a lot better because hes being serious
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
conrad

Post by conrad » #721831

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:40 pm conrad's guarantee is indeed a lot better because hes being serious
tg is serious fucking business
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721833

ive no real take on the other stuff but i think that doing an event for a 1 on 1 interview with your friend so you can loredump eachother is lame
events are for everyone and just 20 minutes or lore stuff like that just encourage metafriends and gangs to exclude people not in the know of their personal lore
respect (let him do his thing)
Hans
Byond Username: Lipino7

Post by Hans » #721834

what teh fuck is a non antag token
conrad

Post by conrad » #721835

Hans wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:42 pm what teh fuck is a non antag token
Admin gimmick token for spawning shit you'd not normally find, like tot items as a non-antag. It's a drag thing I'm lead to believe.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721836

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:35 pm Admins on CC clothing on station level are pretty much a no-no for me as that leads to people being nervous of messing up with Mr Admin and getting punished
i got a 2 week deathsquad and sentience potion spawn ban for shoving and tabling the CC commander on the centcom level
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #721837

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.
Additionally:
Timonk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:36 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:35 pm Admins on CC clothing on station level are pretty much a no-no for me as that leads to people being nervous of messing up with Mr Admin and getting punished
i got a 2 week deathsquad and sentience potion spawn ban for shoving and tabling the CC commander on the centcom level
Don't interfere with admin events, hope this helps!
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #721838

Timonk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:36 pm
What you just said there was you bring a dumdum
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721840

yeah actually what is a non-antag token
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721841

like for cc inspector?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #721843

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/man ... nd-224279/
Attack and game logs combined filtered only for Thedragmeme's ckey.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[2024-02-20 04:49:59.587] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Now you&#39;re being snarky." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:50:14.419] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Ugh, fine. I&#39;ll send in an actual team." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:50:29.292] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Its refreshing. Theres a different air about you." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:50:47.762] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Thedragmeme re-adminned themselves.
[2024-02-20 04:51:00.699] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "That is none of your concern." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:51:07.458] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "+Law 2+ bring me your Ai core." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:51:47.458] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Thats what the extra guns are for." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:52:05.549] GAME-COMPAT: ADMIN: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) created a CentCom response team.
[2024-02-20 04:52:13.547] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) makes a general sweeping motion with his hand over the room. (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:52:15.634] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "No." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:52:17.663] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "In fact." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:52:29.146] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I&#39;m not done with you, I think." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:52:47.184] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Does that +bother you?+" (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:05.643] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "How do you feel about your work." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:08.244] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) grabbed *no key*/(MothOS) passive grab (NEWHP: 100)  (Interrogation Room (67,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:11.288] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Ah." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:16.342] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Good." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:20.772] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Anchor." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:36.619] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Since youre so +affixated on whats going on in here.+" (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:53:55.965] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I noticed." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:01.825] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "And I remember distinctly." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:13.693] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "That if you turned it on again." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:20.975] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "That there would be consequences, yes?" (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:24.090] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Send them to me." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:36.121] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Interrogation." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:39.469] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Oh, no." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:54:53.884] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I&#39;m just have very little to do, so I thought I&#39;d make it a show." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:55:02.063] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Do stay around for the finale." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:55:07.904] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) checks his watch. (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:55:14.578] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Kill it." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:55:36.087] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Let this be a lesson." (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:55:42.611] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "That you +dont fuck with me.+" (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:08.130] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Yes, I just had a disrespectful machine to deal with." (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:11.908] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) has thrown the intelliCard - MothOS . (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:11.910] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) threw and hit Velaxco18/(George ''The'' Man) with the intelliCard - MothOS (NEWHP: 82.5)  (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:15.084] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Get rid of it." (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:30.763] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I want all byt my ERT and Samson to leave." (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:42.205] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Is that your entire team?" (Interrogation Room (69,112,2))
[2024-02-20 04:56:43.808] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) grabbed DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) passive grab (NEWHP: 94.1)  (Interrogation Room (69,111,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:00.483] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) nods. (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:04.945] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Good, now." (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:19.698] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Not yet." (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:22.813] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Now-" (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:36.826] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "The Hos has been a little lippy, and seems to have forgotton who +owns them.+" (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:46.673] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "If they try anything, take care of them." (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:57:57.978] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "And anyone else who gets in your way." (Interrogation Room (67,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:58:17.403] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "With the will of NT behind your aim, yes." (Interrogation Room (67,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:58:29.039] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "But, not until they try anything." (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:58:41.535] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "It can be revived, it matters not." (Interrogation Room (69,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:58:51.994] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I think it learned its lesson." (Interrogation Room (68,113,2))
[2024-02-20 04:58:57.353] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) is stripping DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) of the handcuffs. (Interrogation Room (69,110,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:01.655] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Pick a side, now." (Interrogation Room (69,110,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:02.563] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) has stripped DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) of the handcuffs. (Interrogation Room (69,110,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:18.755] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Submit or die." (Interrogation Room (69,111,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:23.438] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) nods. (Interrogation Room (69,111,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:34.975] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "For you-" (Interrogation Room (68,111,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:37.396] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Yes." (Interrogation Room (68,111,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:47.466] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Captain." (Interrogation Room (69,111,2))
[2024-02-20 04:59:53.755] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) sighs. (Interrogation Room (68,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:05.028] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Find Ritter. Hes of personal interest." (Security (67,107,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:11.590] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) grabbed DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) passive grab (NEWHP: 37.9)  (Security (71,107,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:14.467] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Yoink." (Security (74,107,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:31.870] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "No, no. I need you alive. For now." (Security (74,107,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:36.613] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "And +no.+" (Brig (74,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:45.265] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "No, Im not." (Brig (75,114,2))
[2024-02-20 05:00:57.157] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) nods. (Brig (75,114,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:01.857] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I know, isnt it great?" (Brig (75,115,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:07.478] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) is stripping DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) of the medical HUDSunglasses. (Port Primary Hallway (82,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:09.809] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Follow or die." (Port Primary Hallway (82,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:10.104] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) has stripped DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) of the medical HUDSunglasses. (Port Primary Hallway (82,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:13.377] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) is stripping DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) of the zipties. (Port Primary Hallway (82,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:18.599] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) has stripped DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) of the zipties. (Port Primary Hallway (82,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:19.702] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "+Follow or die.+" (Port Primary Hallway (82,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:21.672] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "No." (Port Primary Hallway (82,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:22.078] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) fired at Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser from Aft Central Primary Hallway (NEWHP: 100)  (Aft Central Primary Hallway (86,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:22.293] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser (NEWHP: 100)  (Aft Central Primary Hallway (86,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:42.560] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser (NEWHP: 90.7)  (Starboard Primary Hallway (127,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:42.874] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) fired at Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser from Starboard Primary Hallway (NEWHP: 78.2)  (Starboard Primary Hallway (129,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:43.030] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser (NEWHP: 78.2)  (Starboard Primary Hallway (130,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:43.451] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) fired at Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser from Starboard Primary Hallway (NEWHP: 65.9)  (Starboard Primary Hallway (133,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:43.953] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser (NEWHP: 65.9)  (Starboard Primary Hallway (135,125,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:51.032] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Kill them." (Starboard Primary Hallway (131,124,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:55.647] ATTACK: Bisar/(chaos magicarp) (mob_4809) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the bolt of teleportation (NEWHP: 56.3)  (Aft Central Primary Hallway (101,126,2))
[2024-02-20 05:01:55.651] GAME: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) has teleported from (Starboard Primary Hallway (142,125,2)) to (Art Supply Storage (135,120,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:11.118] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Lets go." (Starboard Primary Hallway (149,124,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:20.441] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Wait." (Xenobiology Maintenance (140,116,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:24.487] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) nods. (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:25.840] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Come." (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:31.534] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Kill any in your way." (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:46.227] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I will be obeyed. Your Hos is a lesson." (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:02:54.990] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "I suggest you learn it, now." (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:03.382] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "+Good.+" (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:03.991] ATTACK: HerCoyote23/(Kaarl Obrien) (mob_4187) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the laser (NEWHP: 65.6)  (Xenobiology Maintenance (140,119,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:06.682] ATTACK: Jotuc/(Security Officer Perkins) (mob_4912) shot Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) with the disabler beam (NEWHP: 53.4)  (Transport Shuttle (139,112,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:07.964] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at the shuttle floor (Transport Shuttle (139,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:12.515] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Focus on the idiot SHOOTING ME." (Transport Shuttle (139,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:13.551] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at the plating (Transport Shuttle (139,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:13.707] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at the plating (Transport Shuttle (139,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:13.865] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at the plating (Transport Shuttle (139,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:32.104] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Get in a chair." (Transport Shuttle (140,109,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:33.045] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at Samson Ritter (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:33.611] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at the shuttle seat (Transport Shuttle (140,111,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:42.835] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Go back to your Team." (Transport Shuttle (140,109,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:43.918] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at Security Officer Perkins (Transport Shuttle (140,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:54.364] GAME-SAY: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) "Yeah, yeah" (Transport Shuttle (140,110,2))
[2024-02-20 05:03:55.323] GAME-EMOTE: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) points at the plating (Transport Shuttle (140,114,2))
[2024-02-20 05:04:02.643] ATTACK: Thedragmeme/(Vex Petunia-Licht) (mob_4564) grabbed DefinitelyNotATraitor/(Samson Ritter) passive grab (NEWHP: 4.1)  (Xenobiology Maintenance (136,118,2))
All about this rubs me the wrong way.

They're in-game, in-character, acting like an antagonist. After the HoS treats them like one, the HoS gets killed too.

This isn't what I call good escalation. This isn't an appropriate event. This just reads like a self-insert power trip/power fantasy.

It is not an appropriate way for an admin to conduct an event they're the main character in. This is just not appropriate at all for tgstation admin conduct standards.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct
Don't cheat. Do not use admin powers for your own benefit. Don't use your powers to abuse other players.
Don't be a hypocrite. If you're doing something you'd normally ban someone for doing, you're breaking this.

Admins who use admin buttons to mess with their friends or players at random are rolling the die when it comes to admin complaints and do so at their own risk. If new admins are picking up bad habits from watching tenured admins, those admins may be held accountable.
- Basically, be sure to respect player boundaries when it comes to messing with them, and be responsible for the results of your actions.

If you need someone to fill a role in-game, such as an event character or someone who is AFK, prioritize players over admins. We're here to create fun for them, not for ourselves. If you are killing or otherwise acting as an antag as an event character yourself, think twice.
A good litmus test for whether the event/badminning you're doing is appropriate or not, is to think about whether you would have found it appropriate as a player or not.
Above all, you're here to keep the game fun and fair for the players.
This is all sorts of no from me and skirts around way too many conduct rules for my liking. Some it even nails head-on.

This may seem minor, but we have so many conduct rules around self-inserting as the main character in your own event for a reason. The power trip approach to this is what makes it so bad. They self-inserted as an event character and ordered the execution of anyone that didn't obey them. They spawned an ERT specifically to kill another player that committed the grave crime of snooping on a roleplay event. If that's not using admin powers to act like an antag, what is?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721845

very cringe thing to do as an admin just all-together. Even if you can argue that its "technically" within conduct or whatnot its still just running an event for you and your OOC pals and then giving the short end of the stick (with admin powers) to players that IC disagree even when they have a very good reason to. You can powertrip on private servers or de-adminning preround and playing as command staff normally
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #721846

Timonk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:57 am personally i would get banned if i had killed the AI for turning on the intercom
This was my biggest thought when the complaint came up. If an admin took this role that was initially intended for a non-admin player to take, why should they have more leeway in what they can do (killing an AI for eavesdropping instead of taking another course of action like removing the intercom or ordering it not to listen and ahelping if it didn't)? Re-adminning and summoning an ERT isn't something a player character can do, which pushes things further into the sus zone.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721847

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:35 pm Having read the logs, it was moreso a shitty event for the AI and HoS than breach in conduct. Admins on CC clothing on station level are pretty much a no-no for me as that leads to people being nervous of messing up with Mr Admin and getting punished, unless they're doing a very obvious gimmick like "I am an AA and cool six-shooter piñata for anteg".

Spawning yourself as CC: not even once. At least they tried to get some players beforehand and seemed not be acting in bad faith.

I don't think anything like a demotion is going to (or should happen to) drag, but what I guarantee will happen is them getting bollocked by a lot of people aaaaaaall the way until the end of the complaint and then some, players and staff alike. And I assure you that my guarantees are better than dorsidarf's shitpost conjecture.
kieth4 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:21 pm Although not directly killing/acting like an antagonist spawning an ert to target someone could be seen in that vein
I think the same way, and although that's not what the ERTs were spawned for, when you push buttons as an admin, you're responsible for what those buttons do. I spawned ERTs not two days ago on a round where practically 1/3 of the station was antags round start and was yelled at by players for cucking a cult victory. I can't blame the ERTs.
In the screenshot posted it showed that the ERT was spawned to exterminate the AI.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721848

I think evaluation of intent is really important. I firmly believe the event was way outta line and absolutely shit, but it doesn't feel like when Shockshard was deadminned.

Then again I think Timber has a point, and I changed my mind about just having this end with a slap on the wrist.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #721850

events don't matter just tell whoever is mad to roll the next round smh
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #721852

like i legitimately have ruined more rounds of ss13 to bugs than an admin will achieve in a thousand life times imagine if we gave people tokens for bugs instead of just telling them to suck it up and get to the next round.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #721854

Those logs that just got posted are pretty messed up.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #721857

before any outcome of any investigation we've been having some pretty big discussions in bus around the role of CC commanders (the ones that are 100% always admins, never given to players) and how they blur the line between IC and OOC because players know it's an admin, and the limits of what that should be if they for some reason end up on the station.

hopefully whatever we decide from this, there is also value in the discussions admins (and the community in places like this) are having around it.

i'll probably have more to say at some point soon; you know me, i can't help but write when i know there's people willing to read it. but i would like to have all my facts straight before i commit to a response, and there is work to do internally before then.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721858

The admin conduct rules aren't just there to protect the players, they're also to protect the admins from themselves.

I don't think they intended to break conduct, but I do think they intended to roleplay their event character the way they did and were totally reckless as to whether they broke conduct in the process.

The only good decision they made was to try and spawn the original ERT. Every single decision they made after that just cascaded repeated poor choices with complete disregard to if what they were doing was actually acceptable within conduct.

By using a role they themselves spawned they started that cascade of failures. This is inherently risky conduct-wise and the margins for mistake are razor thin when you do this.

Stepping onto the station z-level was their next big mistake. They're not held to observing admin rules or Centcom z-level rules, but to station z-level rules at that point. They lose all those protections admins get when they keep off the station z-level. Out of the admin playground and into the game world proper.

The next big mistake was playing as an antagonistic force to the crew with all of the above in place.

Observer or stay on Centcom? More acceptable.
Don't take the central role in the event? More acceptable.
Take the central role, leave Centcom, but perform no antagonistic actions and allow all executive decisions to be made exclusively by the crew instead of you when it comes to "punishing" people that disobey you? More acceptable.

Following up via whatever methods be it direct or indirect to enforce their will including utilising admin-spawns to antagonise for them once they were firmly established as the event's main character was also incredibly blind to our acceptable conduct standards.

It's just... It's a lot like the upheld Justice complaint. People didn't go out to intentionally break conduct. They just fucked around on the station z-level and didn't seem to care if their actions did break conduct. Which makes for incredibly difficult decisions, because acting with disregard for conduct is -at least to me - often as bad as intentionally breaking it.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
conrad

Post by conrad » #721859

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:20 pm It's just... It's a lot like the upheld Justice complaint. People didn't go out to intentionally break conduct. They just fucked around on the station z-level and didn't seem to care if their actions did break conduct.
That's what I'm leaning towards after a good night's sleep and a fresh cup of timberpost.

E: Actually I take back what I said and remove my horse from this race 'cos Justice's case was way worse.
Last edited by conrad on Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #721866

Meta-conmentary:
► Show Spoiler
I'm not familiar enough yet to give a fully-informed comment on the complaint itself, though Timber's parsed logs paint a poor picture well-put alongside conduct. I don't go in believing there was any malice or satisfaction in tripping on the affected players. I've seen Drag run great events and take many L's doing it - even (and especially) wearing the funny green coat of a CC official and inviting the server to tip them over (with extra ghost roles and opportunities for other people to get involved as primary actors.)

Will edit this or add a post when I get a better look if there's anything worth me saying.
feedback appreciated here <3
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #721867

Samson and drag do interact on a weird meta friend level occasionally. I've attempted to join their chats and just get shoved off. Not to mention how Samson deals with friends much differently as sec
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721869

This falls kinda close to home because I love events but this one just aint it. If you spawn yourself in as an event character DO NOT CHEAT, stay deadminned for the role if it was intended to be given to a player. If something comes up IC (like this telecom thing) deal with it IC and DO NOT readmin. Events have to be flexible and if you fail to get ghost roles for example spin something new out of it! You can send a message like the ferry crashed on the way and then everyone has a laugh and you move on, or you can give someone on the station a field promotion as some sort of "hidden" inspector to report back to you. There are tons of ways of solving no ghosts for a ghost role, taking the role yourself isnt a good look in any situation and readminning makes it even worse. I personally think that you shouldnt spawn yourself in as a player intended role at all if you are running an event since its easy to get sucked in and pressing that "RE-ADMIN" button.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #721870

i too spawn erts to kill somebody for interrupting my larp session
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721871

conrad wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:23 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:20 pm It's just... It's a lot like the upheld Justice complaint. People didn't go out to intentionally break conduct. They just fucked around on the station z-level and didn't seem to care if their actions did break conduct.
That's what I'm leaning towards after a good night's sleep and a fresh cup of timberpost.

E: Actually I take back what I said and remove my horse from this race 'cos Justice's case was way worse.
To me, part of the missing context is some of the adminbus discussion following the complaint going up.

It's all conversation you were reading alongside me. Non-zero amount of trash talking on complaint maker from misc admins, non-zero amount for deflection of responsibility from misc admins. That sort of stuff. It has a number of matching vibes, just in a different location than asay this time.

I just gotta be careful how I approach the topic in public. I don't have the same impenetrable shield I once used to.
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #721872

Hasn't Drag been in hot water for something similar to this before
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721873

viewtopic.php?p=687164#p687164

Different scenario, was an appeal with poor ticket conduct.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #721875

It would be interesting to hear the other headmin candidates thoughts on this
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #721878

(Mirrored from appeal)
As both moore and the ERT medic I have a few things to add.
at the start of the round set a custom traitor objective to take revenge on ritter by executing him with the captain's gun
I then get a admin message (the voice in your head one) that I should remove ritters mind implant in the process.
later we get the warning about a inspector and then I kidnap ritter and remove his implant before executing him.
this leads to me getting caught by the implantless ritter and executed.
after taking the ERT roll and killing the AI, the Hos attacks first, causing a gun fight that killed most of sec and a friendtagging traitor, Before we can retreat to the ert shuttle another two or so officers/crew get shot
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #721879

As a side note, I love a good conduct complaint like this. It genuinely gets to the very heart of our admin team and the kind of standards we hold ourselves to internally.

What Drag did is probably super acceptable conduct on other servers where admins are meant to be the focal points of events and have a pass to self-insert as antagonists in a DM sense. Places where the server serves the admin team more than the other way around.

But on tgstation our conduct puts the players first and asks the admins to serve them. It's part of our team's culture. We can't even take random rolls we were tangentially involved in the spawning of. If you go in asay and say like "man, this is boring, we should spice this up" and another admin then slams spawn blob - you'd almost certainly get a slap and a warning from a headmin if you signed up for and got that blob roll even though it was spawned by another admin.

As another example, adminning up mid shift to spawn yourself a pen so you could write something on a piece of paper would put you at genuine risk of being demoted or deadminned. Even though it's so incredibly minor you're still genuinely cheating. This isn't the case for admins on many other servers and doing little spawns like that is considered one of the perks of the role.

That kind of stuff is why I love being an admin, it is generally supposed to be selfless; you're volunteering your time so that others can have more fun. On tgstation it has massive, big dick, give back to the community energy. We're all in it to make other people's experience on the server better and that by doing so, ours is better when we play too.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #721880

timber is securing my vote with their previous post
Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #721881

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 pm We can't even take random rolls we were tangentially involved in the spawning of. If you go in asay and say like "man, this is boring, we should spice this up" and another admin then slams spawn blob - you'd almost certainly get a slap and a warning from a headmin if you signed up for and got that blob roll even though it was spawned by another admin.
bmon and his wizard rolls....... :evil:
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721885

Blacklist897 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:53 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 pm We can't even take random rolls we were tangentially involved in the spawning of. If you go in asay and say like "man, this is boring, we should spice this up" and another admin then slams spawn blob - you'd almost certainly get a slap and a warning from a headmin if you signed up for and got that blob roll even though it was spawned by another admin.
I don't think bmons wizard rolls was spawned in by another admin though.

I wasn't in this round but I will say it looked like some people involved did have fun, but I assume it was the people that did not get merked by the ERT. Which... Yeah, friendships aside... it does look bad not gonna lie. TG is, as what timber says, a place for player first, and discourages admins acting in this way. It can be fun for some players having the occasional admin fun but I think it should be more curated story type events or really funny silly things that doesn't look like admin statics throwing their power.

I will be sad if Drag gets deadminned, but I don't think it's unfair, per se. The server culture is different to the other ones Drag has adminned in.

Manuel needs more events that are not just send official or inspector down.

You can have your admin fun by changing the sprite of an object and giving it anomalous or funny effects like what they do in Sybil. I miss seeing funny things like that.

Mind you I think I missed a recent round where SpongeBob showed up.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #721886

Constellado wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 pm
Blacklist897 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:53 pm

I wasn't in this round but I will say it looked like some people involved did have fun, but I assume it was the people that did not get merked by the ERT. Which... Yeah, friendships aside... it does look bad not gonna lie. TG is, as what timber says, a place for player first, and discourages admins acting in this way. It can be fun for some players having the occasional admin fun but I think it should be more curated story type events or really funny silly things that doesn't look like admin statics throwing their power.

I will be sad if Drag gets deadminned, but I don't think it's unfair, per se. The server culture is different to the other ones Drag has adminned in.

You can have your admin fun by changing the sprite of an object and giving it anomalous or funny effects like what they do in Sybil. I miss seeing funny things like that.

the ultrakill one was spawned by fish because the first one that round died and bman won the roll
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #721889

Constellado wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 pm

LOL I was not prepared for the spongebob sidebar at the end
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721897

Constellado wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:28 pm Mind you I think I missed a recent round where SpongeBob showed up.
Spunch Ob, Patrice, and Planked Ton... Planked Ton had a fucking nine and shot spongebob, shit was absolute heat.

More on-topic, I do think the sort of cascade of iffy choices here is certainly no good look for Drag, but I will say I've looked up to her for her Central Command events in the past.

I'm quite a fan of the CC flavor, so any interactions the big boys in green have with the station, I'm very happy to play along with, barring few exceptions. When I was in the round, I caught the barest mention of a lotta this stuff, so it coming out after the fact after seeing Chesh(?) as the Intern for inspecting all of once is a huge surprise. Wild.
Walter brought back Crack.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #721907

Can we make a rule where essay posts longer than 100 characters have to have a TLDR
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721910

Timonk wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:38 pm Can we make a rule where essay posts longer than 100 characters have to have a TLDR
ITT TLDR; essay bost fug :DDDDDDD
Walter brought back Crack.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #721912

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:07 pm This just reads like a self-insert power trip/power fantasy.
Them's the optics here.

No ghosts for an event? Run it at a later date. Desperately need a ghost to play some role in an event that's already running but there isn't one? If you do it yourself, you better be a punching bag. Be more willing to lose than ever. Use a random name, it's not your character but just a tool to move the plot. Sometimes you might need direct control over some key character in an event, but even in that case they shouldn't actively be making decisions about the direction the story's going to take.

I think the big thing here is how Dragmeme reflects on this. Road to hell's paved with good intentions, and I like how Timber describes this as cascade of failures. You don't necessarily think about this kind of outcome when setting on the path but it's one of those things where it takes you anything from 10 seconds to a day to realize you did an oopsie woopsie and the odds are you won't do it again, messing up is a damn efficient way of learning. I know I've made some mistakes I'm not proud of, they just didn't spawn complaints or peanuts even if they maybe should've.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #721913

kinnebian wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:02 pm yeah actually what is a non-antag token
It is a token that I personally provide when I hit buttons too hard, but per admin policy we cannot provide antag tokens unless we cause a full server crash and reboot or ruin an antags round in a major way.

The token essentially says that I am obligated to help you with any non antagonist gimmick, such as being a black market dealer or whatever. It's up to the player as long as the gimmick isn't antagonistic in nature.

Edit: And yes I did reflect on this, I will not be doing any events that involve any of my own characters in the future.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #721916

It's impossible to maintain a character story that goes over multiple rounds without having to do a hidden conversation somewhere. There is espionage, mental health talks, secret meetings about building a secret whatnot, information gathering, interviews, etcetera, etcetera. Maintaining a character will require you to do it atleast once, and it is always very enjoyable for all involved, as it is guaranteed character RP. It can be fooled by some people barging in, or whatnot, but that is good and part of it.

I don't mind the fact Drag was talking to a person in the interrogation room with their character. That is fine and makes sense, as they were acting a character that knows Samson, and saw Samson in a weird state that needs talking to, from what I can see. The bad part was sending the ERT to the AI. That was solved with the token, though.

Sometimes acting in character while you have admin powers or as a CC official can cause you to accidentally be a bit too heavy handed, as is very easy to think: "I am a CC official I should be able to do this as a CC official in character." Sadly, that doesn't fly in TG most of the time. Its to avoid players feeling weak, and may erode admin trust. They can make it feel like a special snowflake admin character, which a lot of people in TG does NOT like. I personally don't mind it (to a point) but I can understand why people do not like it when they see admin statics showing power.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #721918

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:37 pm viewtopic.php?p=687164#p687164

Not the one I was thinking of: viewtopic.php?p=672539
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #721919

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:44 am
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:37 pm viewtopic.php?p=687164#p687164

Not the one I was thinking of: viewtopic.php?p=672539
Oh. Ah. What!