Why do admins NEVER play security/heads of staff jobs?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Why do admins NEVER play security/heads of staff jobs?

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #721946

Pretty much almost every admin avoids any job with a modicum of responsibility such as warden and chief engineer.
Why?

The sole exception to this is trexter, or kraven lockharte, who i see often playing HOS and RD.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: Why do admins NEVER play security/heads of staff jobs?

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #721947

Since when do admins play the game?
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #721948

we're only here to ban people
► Show Spoiler
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #721950

A ton of admins play Ai, thats a role with a ton of rules. I play sec but only on one character, I know Maxipat plays a ton of sec and Iain0 is number 1 CMO
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721951

We're supposed to play the game?

Serious answer tho: we're sitting in the booth with all them buttons that do whatever we want to spice up the round. There's not much reason to pick a role with any level of authority since we already have that behind the scenes; Personally, I prefer to leave that to the players.

If I'm playing I want something cozy and chill like cargo tech, janitor, roboticist, engineer or mediborg.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #721957

Don't tell anyone I told you this, all admins are required to either be an ai main, med main or a felinid, from which the latter is impossible to play heads of staff as.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721959

Like Conrad said, they "play" all the authority like, all the time. Sometimes it's nice to just kick back and do whatever instead of being Sec or a Head; alongside the fact that they're role models (SOMETIMES) and held at higher scrutiny than the rest of the playerbase, and thus it may be intimidating to play a role that's 900% more likely to see a bwoink through completely normal gameplay no matter how right you are.

But hey, I'm not a min, so I could be wrong in my armchair psychoanalyzing >;3c
Walter brought back Crack.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721961

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:23 am ...and thus it may be intimidating to play a role that's 900% more likely to see a bwoink through completely normal gameplay no matter how right you are.
Bro I got bwoinked once 'cos this lizoid imbecile QM said "I'm gonna build BSA on Bridge". I was HoP, so rightfully I arrested them, took the spare they apparently had and said "If I see you on bridge again I'm ripping your fucking tail off".

In comes BWOINK "Hey why are you plaing sechop?", said the admin completely oblivious to the fact I am on the roleplay server and this head of department just said theyre putting a goddamn space shotgun pointing at my office.

This was after I was adminned too. So I don't wanna worry about that. Just wanna wipe the floor or drag boxes and only sometimes shoot trespassers with my mosin.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #721962

because they're all pretty unrobust and would get rolled sadly just the way it is
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #721966

This is another win for God's Strongest Armchair Psychologist.

Also, SecHoP allegations are always the funniest because I've had multiple occasions where I demote chefs after they refuse to stop serving HUMAN FUCKING MEAT and batong them to take their ID and force the demotion if Sec doesn't delegate the goonsquad for me. SecHoP allegations will NEVER land.
Walter brought back Crack.
conrad

Post by conrad » #721968

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:27 pm This is another win for God's Strongest Armchair Psychologist.

Also, SecHoP allegations are always the funniest because I've had multiple occasions where I demote chefs after they refuse to stop serving HUMAN FUCKING MEAT and batong them to take their ID and force the demotion if Sec doesn't delegate the goonsquad for me. SecHoP allegations will NEVER land.
I honestly think it's because the days of HoPs gearing up at brig and pretending they're another HoS are over. I haven't seen a proper sechop since I came back to tg in late 2022.

So since there's barely any hopcurity happening, but people know they exist, a malicious player will see a HoP batonning someone and a clueless admin will accept the leap to hopcurity.

Actually, come to think of it, if I'm feeling like it I'd still put on the old dusty CE white hardhat just so I can break and fix and break and fix telecoms.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #721970

i am like 1000% certain I have more sec hours than OP it's my 3rd most played role
Also the reason admins dont play heads is cuz they're all non-human playing scum
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #721971

Every time I tried playing CMO I got used as a loot pinata by people who only got banned for being griefing shitters much later.

Shoutout to the fact that one of them actually tried to bribe me to do shit for them by no-joke dming me over discord that they wouldn't break rules for a day on sybil
moral of the story is that you shouldn't play medical
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #721972

For me, I have to be asked to play one of those.

Heads of command, I played 300 hours RD/HoS/captain enough to genuinely not care, I have always left the that role rolling to my friends as they were funny with them. Roi beard/ceejay are wild captain, nex lofas/Wesley Isaman are great RD that taught and was salty. Phoebe/lukas/lucia are better dynamic HoS. Etc.

Security is the most interactive department you can pick. As admin, I already interact and watch everyone with the "Advanced camera eye plus plus plus." I set the few rules and conditions to play in round and have to do more data diving into folks than blood/fingerprint records. I enjoy the most is detective for Security as you aren't secoff, so I can help or not help security. If I get my way, I am brutally defensive against antagonists, as they will have no where to hide on the station.

Again, if you ask for me to be on a role, I tend to honor that asking as long as it was round prior.
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #721991

no mention of worlds best CE Brick Mortar huh
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #721999

no mention of worlds lamest RD Kraven Lockharte huh
Spoiler:

Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #722038

Scriptis wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:38 pm no mention of worlds lamest RD Kraven Lockharte huh
He's in the first post
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #722039

fuck
Spoiler:

kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #722044

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:12 am Pretty much almost every admin avoids any job with a modicum of responsibility such as warden and chief engineer.
Why?

The sole exception to this is trexter, or kraven lockharte, who i see often playing HOS and RD.
theyre too busy depriving the innocent grey tide of their working rights
respect (let him do his thing)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722060

Admining is like playing sec but your crowd are (man)children 10/10 times instead of 5/10 times
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #722062

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:23 am Like Conrad said, they "play" all the authority like, all the time. Sometimes it's nice to just kick back and do whatever instead of being Sec or a Head; alongside the fact that they're role models (SOMETIMES) and held at higher scrutiny than the rest of the playerbase, and thus it may be intimidating to play a role that's 900% more likely to see a bwoink through completely normal gameplay no matter how right you are.
I used to enjoy a spot of CMO gameplay (as does Iain I believe?) but-
kieth4 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:36 pm because they're all pretty unrobust and would get rolled sadly just the way it is
I got rolled by revs too many times. Now I just prefer roles where I can fuck off and do whatever at any time.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #722063

tattle wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:44 am
DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:23 am Like Conrad said, they "play" all the authority like, all the time. Sometimes it's nice to just kick back and do whatever instead of being Sec or a Head; alongside the fact that they're role models (SOMETIMES) and held at higher scrutiny than the rest of the playerbase, and thus it may be intimidating to play a role that's 900% more likely to see a bwoink through completely normal gameplay no matter how right you are.
I used to enjoy a spot of CMO gameplay (as does Iain I believe?) but-
kieth4 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:36 pm because they're all pretty unrobust and would get rolled sadly just the way it is
I got rolled by revs too many times. Now I just prefer roles where I can fuck off and do whatever at any time.

Total skill issue I haven't died once pal so owned :geek:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #722064

u were headmin which is like super turbo dweeb admin so this tracks tbh
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #722065

conrad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:04 pm
DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:27 pm This is another win for God's Strongest Armchair Psychologist.

I honestly think it's because the days of HoPs gearing up at brig and pretending they're another HoS are over. I haven't seen a proper sechop since I came back to tg in late 2022.

So since there's barely any hopcurity happening, but people know they exist, a malicious player will see a HoP batonning someone and a clueless admin will accept the leap to hopcurity.

Actually, come to think of it, if I'm feeling like it I'd still put on the old dusty CE white hardhat just so I can break and fix and break and fix telecoms.
it's cus during my tenure as super warden i killed them all and wiped out hopsec as a species

i used to baton the captain for wordlessly walking into my armoury like nah bro idgaf who you are im the gun jannie and you must follow protocol

of course this is back in the ancient days when after a dragon or blob we would round the guns back up that we gave out, how far we've fallen fr
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #722070

dendydoom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:54 am it's cus during my tenure as super warden i killed them all and wiped out hopsec as a species

i used to baton the captain for wordlessly walking into my armoury like nah bro idgaf who you are im the gun jannie and you must follow protocol

of course this is back in the ancient days when after a dragon or blob we would round the guns back up that we gave out, how far we've fallen fr
This so real! I remember the days of gun round up cause if that happens, the round goes on 30+ minutes more!
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #722073

What kind of bullcrap reasoning is that. Just because I'm unrobust as shit and have an average of 180ms ping with spikes of 12k doesn't stop me from playing HoS
- Brazilian Manuel Player

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #722074

DATAxPUNGED wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:39 am
pinataposting
holy shit is that a pinata where the hell did that come from
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #722078

What kind of bullcrap reasoning is that. Just because I'm unrobust as shit and have an average of 180ms ping with spikes of 12k doesn't stop me from playing HoS
Sorry pal...I can't hear u over ur loot that is now in my pocket..
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #722081

On Terry almost everyone who plays CMO is an admin.

AI's are pretty frequently admins too.
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #722082

saprasam wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 am
pinataposting
holy shit is that a pinata where the hell did that come from
I may be a walking loot stash but at least i am happy...
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Bmon
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Bmon

Post by Bmon » #722109

security officer is my most played job lmao
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #722370

its more fun to watch and enable the antags than stop them also im unrobust
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler: