security officer cannot articulate probable cause nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

security officer cannot articulate probable cause nut

Post by Scriptis » #722239

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35831

i think that ekat might've been fine if they'd said they checked the room and saw two nasty viruses first
Spoiler:

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: security officer cannot articulate probable cause nut

Post by Timonk » #722243

Can I (a security officer) invite a friend to my workplace (the armory) to give them a tour of the guns?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #722244

additionally creation of a harmful virus by virology is in its self fine and part of the job...
So here's the thing. If I'm sec and the AI alerts me that the viro is making AARDS or something, they're toast. I've been on the giving and receiving end of these types of raids and frankly, because of the hyper lethal nature of the virus I don't think we should prevent sec from raiding viro if they're making gigadeathcovid20.
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722246

If you're gonna RP it at least make it believable that your friend would want to see your pet biohazards
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #722247

Does "Didn't turn on suit sensors when asked" count as probable cause? Because that is my go-to reasoning.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #722248

Just dropping in to say I hate this note, waiting for the other 2/3rds of my metagang to come in and say the same.
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722249

The most relevant policy thread on the matter, given this is essentially a random search based on circumstantial evidence. Effectively this was just an investigation prompted by two people being in a department together, one of whom being someone who is expected to exist in that department. Which is kind of nonsense to me, you shouldn't have to have a justification to invite someone into your department.

You can, in fact make negative/dangerous viruses as virologist for reasons other than antagonism. Virologists can sell them for bounties, and sometimes lethal symptoms are needed to get the right set of stats (the most lethal tend to have the biggest negative values, for example). So long as they're contained to the virology department, or not deliberately spread through the crew, nothing bad happens, and security shouldn't be fussed by viros...doing the job they signed up for. You cannot arrest someone for having unneutered culture bottles in virology as a virologist, that's nonsense. They're going to, at any given point, probably have a unneutered virus if they're doing their job.

It'd be even funnier if those bottles were the two roundstart unneutered virus bottles.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #722252

britgrenadier1 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:33 am
additionally creation of a harmful virus by virology is in its self fine and part of the job...
So here's the thing. If I'm sec and the AI alerts me that the viro is making AARDS or something, they're toast. I've been on the giving and receiving end of these types of raids and frankly, because of the hyper lethal nature of the virus I don't think we should prevent sec from raiding viro if they're making gigadeathcovid20.
I wish that was true! Not this case, what do you roundstart in virology when engineering doesn't turn on the SM till 15 minutes or so and instead builds a sillycone cafe? That is just how rounds roll sometimes.

I genuinely hate that my name was dropped for slander.
I'll drop game logs and show you the deal here.

Context:
Here is me and Alison chatting and goofing off till the APC is blue or green charging, I do my job to the best I can with the 8? cultures made that drained 49% of the apc. You can read and know that I RP cause it's fun to bullshit around!

We both have RDS and I ask her to come to virology to get bubba and these rat bastard xeno hunters to stop bugging me. I had 3 in the first moment, walking thru the airlock, I just got off the shuttle. She comes to bother and I give her my viro winter jacket, so that she can eat. She reads the label and I am making plasma virus, rolled two for starlight, then filled the rest with virus food. rolled 6 times and had just a normal starlight with 12-9- -(4)-10 with not sali acid cure, I kept getting that one. While I am looking for beakers, I wonder if that virology office" has food?" (its meta, sadly no). She points at the monkeys are food and I say I cut open the monkey with a glass shard, she says "yeah or something" and I reply back that "we could use her sharp wings" to which flat out said her wings are fluffy and fragile. (sure..). I ask if she wants anything else, cause its my office and notified her that "I probably got 30 drops and then we are good to go!". She is just thinking, so I respectively listened and just watched her thoughts.
► Show Spoiler
Context:
This is where Marina makes their first wrong assumption and lets continue on.
I made note to Alison that "there it is. Finally, The power is dead" to which she replied "oo, inducer, maints cabling, or both, choose." To which at some point the power is going to come back on, I assumed (I was terribly wrong) and designated Alison cause she has fluffy wings to be my "power source" to be my power source. We do an act, she is on my shoulders and channeling power and APC doesn't fucking charge because that is just pipedream on engineering not even doing the SM at that point. I enjoyed the shit out of that moment as it was fun to pass the time!

► Show Spoiler
Context:
This is where Marina came in with terribly thought suspicion. Her probable cause was just that two folks are in virology. I accept that, sure as long as you realize that there isn't anything and you may leave the way you came. She didn't ask any story, she made the assumption that something bad was happening. I believe that every person has the right to make the assumption and if its wrong or just lacking, then you don't really have to stay.

40 seconds after we are playing around with the APC, she is still on my shoulders. Two red biosuit security officers walk into my office. Maks uses Law 2 to break in and enter my office. (They didn't check with the CMO, who walked in early, who made note of us two and then walked right out [00:05:44.564] Aktidre/(Anthony Burns) (mob_3438) "the creature" (Virology (61,88,2)).
This is their thing, Marina ask what viruses, I say starlight, I point out that there is "no power". and we all point to the APC that has no power. (I can't finish my virus without power.) Marina law 2 to turn on the power, to which they look and see "Starlight base virus." Maks believes me and realizes that it is a "real food virus" "good." Alison calls shitsec, I will give them benefit of the doubt and play along. Marina unpromptly demands that they are "going to need to search those bag,s gentlemen". I give them my bag and everything else, so they can go with the business. Alison doesn't want to, that's her choice. We were more than generous to assisting the shitsec that had no reason after searching the virus and my bag and looking around the room. The issue here is that they didn't fucking talk about the reason they came until they left medical and when I bickered at brig. So continuing on, Alison is refusing, and they fine her. saying "she is carrying dangerous microbes in her wings" and "you have created a workplace hzard." I am pissed at this point at the AI and their time that was eating up my goddam apc power "very nice. you wasted my power and unjust searching of security. They shot her with .38 special and harmbaton to crit for assaulting them with a fucking pocket crowbar against their body armor. I can't believe that, she pleading for me to uncuff and I am just astounded that that 9 ish minutes of fun chatter ended in span of 6 minutes dealing with those two. They take her away, give me some ass reasons on why they came by to check on viro.
► Show Spoiler
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722253

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:04 am The most relevant policy thread on the matter, given this is essentially a random search based on circumstantial evidence. Effectively this was just an investigation prompted by two people being in a department together, one of whom being someone who is expected to exist in that department. Which is kind of nonsense to me, you shouldn't have to have a justification to invite someone into your department.

You can, in fact make negative/dangerous viruses as virologist for reasons other than antagonism. Virologists can sell them for bounties, and sometimes lethal symptoms are needed to get the right set of stats (the most lethal tend to have the biggest negative values, for example). So long as they're contained to the virology department, or not deliberately spread through the crew, nothing bad happens, and security shouldn't be fussed by viros...doing the job they signed up for. You cannot arrest someone for having unneutered culture bottles in virology as a virologist, that's nonsense. They're going to, at any given point, probably have a unneutered virus if they're doing their job.

It'd be even funnier if those bottles were the two roundstart unneutered virus bottles.
Again, I wish that was the case. Speedrunning starlight+17 resist is 2 minutes with right rng and easy cure. That apc drains in 8 create culture, So I did the best I could!
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722272

iansdoor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:21 am Again, I wish that was the case. Speedrunning starlight+17 resist is 2 minutes with right rng and easy cure. That apc drains in 8 create culture, So I did the best I could!
I mean, Meta Viro seems to have a frequent problem with power in particular, I've had it die on me almost every time I play viro there because it is the furthermost point from the engine. But how often is it that your engineers just don't turn on the engine at all? Is it because they fuck off with the tools, or is it that they're too busy making the engine something ridiculously overturned?

Also, if you had hit starlight and it was present in the unprepared viruses, in what world does someone suspect that it's a dangerous or grief virus? Has Ekat ever actually played virology once or do they think people have to be neutering viruses as they go along rather than all at once at the end?
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722277

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:56 am
iansdoor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:21 am Again, I wish that was the case. Speedrunning starlight+17 resist is 2 minutes with right rng and easy cure. That apc drains in 8 create culture, So I did the best I could!
I mean, Meta Viro seems to have a frequent problem with power in particular, I've had it die on me almost every time I play viro there because it is the furthermost point from the engine. But how often is it that your engineers just don't turn on the engine at all? Is it because they fuck off with the tools, or is it that they're too busy making the engine something ridiculously overturned?

Also, if you had hit starlight and it was present in the unprepared viruses, in what world does someone suspect that it's a dangerous or grief virus? Has Ekat ever actually played virology once or do they think people have to be neutering viruses as they go along rather than all at once at the end?
2 out 5 station's virology offices are just poorly wired in my 130 hours of virology. Yeah, the engineering staff were not doing anything with the engine till way later. What else can you do!

I don't know their actual reasoning and Marina wasn't budging on how bad this sequence was. IC, they can tell me all they want that assistant cannot be in that virology office, but that excuse doesn't hold up at all. There was just so little effort to be ensure that they were "valid."
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #722280

ekaterina wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:50 am
I did (and still do) not believe this routine interaction would've gotten any attention had it not been another admin, Iansdoor, to be the one to ahelp. Thus, unless the policy above does exist, in which case the actions in question would be explained, I would also like the headmins to look into:
  • Whether Iansdoor exploited his admin status to get me bwoinked as OOC retaliation for a normal IC search against his character and his friend's character
Iansdoor plays both sybil and terry and both servers have a seemingly different reaction to random searches, at least on sybil I think it seems a bit more demonized by players. Admin or not, if you arn't educated well on the rulings I think its likely someone would base their understanding on how the players treat it.

Also if neither Iansdoor nor the Iain0 knew that ekaterina found evidence of foul play in virology and that was their probable cause to arrest Iansdoor

Why is ekaterina pushing the implications of abuse against Iansdoor at the same time providing delayed evidence that they wern't playing in a lame and punishable way.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #722283

iansdoor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:19 am fucking huge snip
Good context, keep the note, RIP to the viro RNG btw its a pain. Also 17 resist is hella high, what's the transmission on that if you get resist to 17?
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #722284

Double post but different point

A finished death virus left in virology is like a finished maxcap ttv in ordnance, you cant really do anything to the creator of either of them despite how fast they can impact everything

But for future reference

You can dismantle, dispose of, or destroy them, I don't see anything against the rules in that regard and that should be made the solution we point to if you have issues with their existence. Although you might face escalation if they are meant to be used for something like refining anomaly cores.

But the appealer saying they just found a bunch of un-neutered symptoms could literally just be stat boosts for a virus in progress, un-neutered symptoms isnt detailed enough.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722287

britgrenadier1 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:10 am
iansdoor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:19 am fucking huge snip
Good context, keep the note, RIP to the viro RNG btw its a pain. Also 17 resist is hella high, what's the transmission on that if you get resist to 17?
I always aim for touch spread. So the minimum there is 7 to 11 transmission.

I hate cough and sneeze spreads that some folks do. Pills only work if you set them out everywhere.
Hans
Byond Username: Lipino7

Post by Hans » #722288

Ekat consistently has one of the worst sec plays on terry
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #722290

ekaterina wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:50 am
  • Whether Iain0 acted on personal bias against me over my public opinion about him in the last headmin election
Good for Ian0 for figuring out the cost of living crisis by living inside Ekaterina's head rent free.

Also non-neutered culture bottles is a complete non-issue. If I give you megaregen and no need to breathe and you bag search me 'cos you start sneezing I'm fucking spacing you.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722294

it's a courtesy to neuter sneezing, but these weren't even released, they were incomplete viruses that needed power to finish. That's...just to be expected to be in an unprepared state.

Like, you can go into any virology room on any round with an active viro within the first 10 minutes, baton them, look at their virus and see a similarily incomplete virus. That's just how you do virology. They bag searched them for being a virologist if that's the extent of their claim.
conrad

Post by conrad » #722296

If you arrest me for being uncourteous I'm also spacing you.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

Post by Prussen » #722355

BonChoi wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:52 am Just dropping in to say I hate this note, waiting for the other 2/3rds of my metagang to come in and say the same.
I agree
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #722356

ekaterina took a strong set of L's in this thread damn
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #722361

in 2564 it is a crime to merely be a virologist

the fish doctor shadow government has gained control

this is good actually
feedback appreciated here <3
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722362

oranges wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:37 pm ekaterina took a strong set of L's in this thread damn
Don't they always
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #722368

We need sinfulbliss here to defend him
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #722371

but if the reflexively anti-admin devil's advocate is himself the one making the appeal, who will post pro-appeal comments on his obviously valid note peanut...
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #722374

random searches are cringe unless you know for sure they are up to no good, its way more fun to over exaggerate being suspicious of them like a cartoon
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #722377

imo it's fine to see an assistant in viro, a "secure" area in that you have to pass through a cycling airlock system to enter it because it contains transmissible diseases, and think "something might be up" and find out what they're doing there.

but searching them just for standing in viro, with the actual virologist there, is not enough of a probable cause imho. once you find out that the assistant is actually *assisting* someone else do their job, that seems fine.

i have no issue with sec being paranoid tho. keep an eye on it. kinda sec's job. just don't strip search people for existing. it's like lain0 already put: you have to wait for something bad to happen before you pounce. it's part of the game.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #722378

I only search people if they’re openly carrying contraband or I’ve got shit linking them to a crime (The crime was done with an RCD, time to check the only engineer etc.) but on the flip side I absolutely love being suspicious when I’m not Sec.

The newspaper update has done absolute fucking wonders for being able to loiter and look 200% more stupid doing it and I love that. I keep infiltrating into Sec while confused officers go “uh…”
Walter brought back Crack.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722384

You know what, I don't think they are gonna apologize at all.
For the peanuts to give.
If you read what I bitched about. what do you do if there is no power in virology.
Marina too had this moment, imagine that for that entire station.
00:21:54.837]Ekaterina von Russland/(Marina Rudinova) (mob_3417) "AAAAAAAAAAAA" (Research and Development (121,106,2))
00:21:56.007]Ekaterina von Russland/(Marina Rudinova) (mob_3417) "THE POWER" (Research and Development (121,106,2))
00:22:04.286]Ekaterina von Russland/(Marina Rudinova) (mob_3417) "I WAS ABOUT TO PRINT AN INDUCER" (Research and Development (121,105,2))
00:22:06.638]Ekaterina von Russland/(Marina Rudinova) (mob_3417) "AND WE RAN OUT OF POWER" (Research and Development (121,105,2))
00:22:12.030]Ekaterina von Russland/(Marina Rudinova) (mob_3417) "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, THIS STATION IS A SHITHOLE!!" (Research and Development (121,105,2))
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #722398

DrAmazing343 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:59 am The newspaper update has done absolute fucking wonders for being able to loiter and look 200% more stupid doing it and I love that. I keep infiltrating into Sec while confused officers go “uh…”
The newspaper is so goddamn good.

The sprite is soul and I am pretty sure AIs can't track you using it.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #722399

imagine if theyd just asked the CMO why an assistant was in viro and let him handle this departmental access issue. EZ resolution.

except they didnt do that because what they clearly ACTUALLY thought was 100% "I think theyre blood brothers because why else would someone be hanging out where they arent meant to be this early in a round?" but they know they can't use that as IC justification so had to fish for shit like "oh why do you have symtom bottles, doing your job are you? thats sus hand over the bags or else".

Handling your own ticket is a bit cringe tho.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722401

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:12 pm Handling your own ticket is a bit cringe tho.
iain0 and iansdoor are different people, dorsi!
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #722404

Ya, handling their own ticket to end in a note would have likely been an instant demotion.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #722405

To be completely fair, I have never seen iain0 and iansdoor in the same room
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #722409

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:59 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:12 pm Handling your own ticket is a bit cringe tho.
iain0 and iansdoor are different people, dorsi!
i thought it was weird nobody was mentioning that. how did I not know theyre different people
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722421

TheLoLSwat wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:51 pm To be completely fair, I have never seen iain0 and iansdoor in the same room
Bob is Terry only! I am Terry/Sybil
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #722426

bad note lol
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #722427

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:56 am Why is ekaterina pushing the implications of abuse against Iansdoor at the same time providing delayed evidence that they wern't playing in a lame and punishable way.
Because ekaterina is convinced that the admin team has it out for them. That's why I won't handle any issues involving them - I don't want to slip up and handle something even slightly wrong and have it reinforce that belief. It's not worth my time or sanity. Another admin can handle it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
conrad

Post by conrad » #722430

Vekter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 pm Because ekaterina is convinced that the admin team has it out for them.
I don't think this is true. I think Ekaterina just thinks they're some sort of unrecognized genius with a masters in Law and a PhD in tg rules interpretation.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #722432

conrad wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:17 pm
Vekter wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 pm Because ekaterina is convinced that the admin team has it out for them.
I don't think this is true. I think Ekaterina just thinks they're some sort of unrecognized genius with a masters in Law and a PhD in tg rules interpretation.
So like the last one who had it out for the admin team.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
conrad

Post by conrad » #722433

Archie700 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:35 pm
conrad wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:17 pm
So like the last one who had it out for the admin team.
We're not some poor wretches that can't take players scrutinizing our work. I don't think Ekaterina is like that. They just think they're always right and like to parade that. That's different than the people specifically going after trying to burn out staff.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #722441

iansdoor wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:07 am
what do you do if there is no power in virology.
for future incidents the station actually has a much larger supply of decent size and prepowered cells that you can switch out into your apc than it may first seem, every round start canister can be screwdrivered and crowbarred to have its cell taken out (the cell is there for the shielding mechanic incase the room loses power, it was added to roundstart canisters to raise the skill floor for atmos techs that might kill everyone on accident due to power going out causing their burn can exploding)

Medbay has one for cryo doesnt it? That canister will never need a cell unless someone wants to cryo with pyroxadone which was killed by ghilker anyway (cryotubes explode at 2000k or something)

Incase you dont know how to, you just need a way to pulse wires (Multitool/timer/(2x)remote signalers) then hack a random (not important) apc to find the wire that unlocks it, hack your own apc to unlock it, then unlock the cover, crowbar, and then switch out the cell

This is alot more complicated than it sounds and while its alittle bit slower than printing an inducer you wont have to repeatedly induce that apc since it will have the cell you would be inducing it with in the first place and not a mini one.
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722443

You know, even after all this time, I hadn't considered hacking APCs via signaler. That's some baller tech I just learned.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #722444

NecromancerAnne wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:41 am You know, even after all this time, I hadn't considered hacking APCs via signaler. That's some baller tech I just learned.
You can also hack airlocks without getting shocked using remote signalers since putting them on and taking them off of wires doesnt shock you (opening the ui does so dont close it, just walk 1 tile away for each ping)
Spoiler:
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722449

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:37 am
iansdoor wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:07 am
what do you do if there is no power in virology.
for future incidents the station actually has a much larger supply of decent size and prepowered cells that you can switch out into your apc than it may first seem, every round start canister can be screwdrivered and crowbarred to have its cell taken out (the cell is there for the shielding mechanic incase the room loses power, it was added to roundstart canisters to raise the skill floor for atmos techs that might kill everyone on accident due to power going out causing their burn can exploding)

Medbay has one for cryo doesnt it? That canister will never need a cell unless someone wants to cryo with pyroxadone which was killed by ghilker anyway (cryotubes explode at 2000k or something)

Incase you dont know how to, you just need a way to pulse wires (Multitool/timer/(2x)remote signalers) then hack a random (not important) apc to find the wire that unlocks it, hack your own apc to unlock it, then unlock the cover, crowbar, and then switch out the cell

This is alot more complicated than it sounds and while its alittle bit slower than printing an inducer you wont have to repeatedly induce that apc since it will have the cell you would be inducing it with in the first place and not a mini one.
Oh I am 100% aware of the cells. I wanted to make a funny out of it. Virologist is a relaxing role that is done in 2 minutes and the rest of the time, you don't do anything.

I will start grabbing signallers more often to test wires.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #722452

SIGNALLERS TO TEST THE WIRES I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT OUUUUGH.

I’ll still barehand them because it’s faster. Mama ain’t raise no bitch, and the Tide is strong.
Walter brought back Crack.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #722453

MooCow12 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:42 am (opening the ui does so dont close it, just walk 1 tile away for each ping)
is that a bug i spy........
NSFW:
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722457

dendydoom wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:37 am
MooCow12 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:42 am (opening the ui does so dont close it, just walk 1 tile away for each ping)
Not anymore unusual than every other UI pop up. The one security camera, you could be like 4 tiles away and video feed still showing someone on screen. I am not sure what the snap to close is or not.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722461

dendydoom wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:37 am
its more like walking away from something electrified to not get shocked when it reacts
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #722671

fwiw to ekat: if you feel strongly that having this rule amendment is something you and other players would benefit from, then it may be well worth starting a policy thread on it. this is much more beneficial than trying to create policy amendments through appeals.

it allows for a wider discussion amongst the community in a more serious setting than peanut threads. you may find that no one else has the issue you had, or you might find that it's a somewhat common issue that no one really talked about before and it reveals something we didn't realize was happening.

however, if you are just kinda pissed that you didn't notice the flavour text before, then this might just be better suited as a lil lesson. the meme in adminbus is that flavour text carries this game more than rules do. we use it quite often in rulings. no harm no foul. gl either way.
NSFW: