security officer cannot articulate probable cause nut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

security officer cannot articulate probable cause nut

Post by Scriptis » #722239

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35831

i think that ekat might've been fine if they'd said they checked the room and saw two nasty viruses first
Spoiler:

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Re: security officer cannot articulate probable cause nut

Post by dendydoom » #722671

fwiw to ekat: if you feel strongly that having this rule amendment is something you and other players would benefit from, then it may be well worth starting a policy thread on it. this is much more beneficial than trying to create policy amendments through appeals.

it allows for a wider discussion amongst the community in a more serious setting than peanut threads. you may find that no one else has the issue you had, or you might find that it's a somewhat common issue that no one really talked about before and it reveals something we didn't realize was happening.

however, if you are just kinda pissed that you didn't notice the flavour text before, then this might just be better suited as a lil lesson. the meme in adminbus is that flavour text carries this game more than rules do. we use it quite often in rulings. no harm no foul. gl either way.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #722673

some of you people have never not had access to a multitool and it shows
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722678

TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:00 am some of you people have never not had access to a multitool and it shows
Make tools medium size :3c. And give antags more tools for either breaking doors or opening them...
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #722679

EmpressMaia wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:46 am
TheFinalPotato wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:00 am some of you people have never not had access to a multitool and it shows
Make tools medium size :3c. And give antags more tools for either breaking doors or opening them...
Please somebody might take that seriously please no :(
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #722680

Please unnerf agent IDs. I absolutely loved using it for stealth and slowly accruing AA by stealing it one ID at a time. It's way too clunky now, and has a limit on the access it can hold. I usually just set it once and leave it as is for the rest of the round, instead using airmags to break in.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #722686

NoxVS wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 am
Please unnerf agent IDs. I absolutely loved using it for stealth and slowly accruing AA by stealing it one ID at a time. It's way too clunky now, and has a limit on the access it can hold. I usually just set it once and leave it as is for the rest of the round, instead using airmags to break in.
(we could probably do with an unnerf to IDs in general, honestly…)
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #722687

I have the best rounds when I don't have everything ready on demand. The most I want is coffee, whatever job and a crowbar. If my job supplies me with it, nice! if I wander by a closet in maints and tools are there, sweet. The action of me going to cargo, to print tools. I did that for 2000+ hours, I am okay, I don't want that anymore.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #722689

I would like the agent card more if it held more than 5 access points? is 7 or 9 too unreasonable, what a HoP does. Agent card is worth 3.2K CR and a silver card from cargo is worth 1.4k CR and gives more access.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722707

make toolbelts fit into backpacks again
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #722734

Let it be known that I didn't lock the appeal
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #722743

I'm always down for people using the agent card more because people forget it blocks AI tracking too. Had a really funny moment recently where I realised the reason the self-promoted acting RD couldnt be located like he asked was his card and sent them a polite reminder that certain items may interfere with AI tracking by PDA (None of my business after all).
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #722761

We have dedicated all access tools for antags and a variety of mechanics without making the agent ID a must have for all access.

It's way more of a stealth or funny gimmick tool - being a totally customisable ID with some access bonuses on top. I believe it also forces the way to the front of wallets letting you hide other ID cards under it. So go collect a wallet of access.

Also lots of people dont realise you can just stand near the Cap while he's not paying attention and swipe any access you want wirelessly. If you want AA buy the airlock emagger. If you want AA without a paper trail steal door remotes or spend a sec to get the wires from a maint side department door or create a fake wall or jaws or smash a window or ask the AI or get another ID with access or ask the HoP for access or ask the dept head for access or bomb your way in with explosives or melt the wall with thermite or sneak in behind someone opening the airlock or ask someone to let you in.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #722762

lame
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #722764

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:50 am We have dedicated all access tools for antags and a variety of mechanics without making the agent ID a must have for all access.

It's way more of a stealth or funny gimmick tool - being a totally customisable ID with some access bonuses on top. I believe it also forces the way to the front of wallets letting you hide other ID cards under it. So go collect a wallet of access.

Also lots of people dont realise you can just stand near the Cap while he's not paying attention and swipe any access you want wirelessly. If you want AA buy the airlock emagger. If you want AA without a paper trail steal door remotes or spend a sec to get the wires from a maint side department door or create a fake wall or jaws or smash a window or ask the AI or get another ID with access or ask the HoP for access or ask the dept head for access or bomb your way in with explosives or melt the wall with thermite or sneak in behind someone opening the airlock or ask someone to let you in.
I just thought it was a lot of fun and I really miss it. I'd always use chameleon kits and agent IDs to repeatedly swap between identities and I liked being able to eventually steal my way up to AA that I can conveniently keep on me all the time.

I once used this to go around committing crimes as some bizarre figure running through maint. I then swapped identities to an agent sent to take down my previous identity. When too much heat was on that identity, swap again. I ended up walking around security as a fake engineer, talking with the exasperated sec officer who had been chasing me down. He vented to me about how frustrating catching the person behind this massive conspiracy was, so I wished him luck with the case before grabbing my objective on the way out. I like to think he sat there until something I said clicked in his head and he rushed over to the security records console, just to discover the engineer he had just been talking to didn't exist. However he found out, I was already swapped to yet another identity by the time he was screaming about me over sec comms.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #722775

I would personally be totally fine with someone boosting the number of wildcard slots on the agent id a little bit to be honest but I'm not doing it, I'm waiting to see whether people will stop asking and start doing
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #722813

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:50 am We have dedicated all access tools for antags and a variety of mechanics without making the agent ID a must have for all access.

I like to steal ID console and HOP office access to make myself a wallet of silver IDs + an agent id.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #722815

That was one of the outcomes I set out in https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/59652 as being desirable.

All access isn't impossible, but it's a different mini-quest. You need to use your agent ID to hide your wallet accesses. Players having multiple ID cards and using wallets was also a goal of the original ID card rework.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #722816

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:49 pm
All access isn't impossible, but it's a different mini-quest. You need to use your agent ID to hide your wallet accesses. Players having multiple ID cards and using wallets was also a goal of the original ID card rework.
I would like it communicated ingame that carrying around extra ids in wallets for more access for legitimate use, right now most HOPs are very hesitant about giving out extra IDs to hand out more access if a player desires one, like a note saying that describing how sometimes crewmembers may desire more than one id if their current id has insufficient access levels

Handing out another ID or more to a player if they want more access should be normalized.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #722817

im not hunting down a wallet every time i want to ask the hop for Extra Access. this shit is a lame goal. sorry.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #722819

I think the number of accesses you can stash per card should be higher for the Agent ID, but I also do really love the wallet access side quest from victims or purloined from people on Med beds or what have you— Hunt down the wallet. It’s not hard, and it’s great.
Walter brought back Crack.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #722853

did you know dorms spawns 2-6 guaranteed wallets on average
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #722861

nianjiilical wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:36 am did you know dorms spawns 2-6 guaranteed wallets on average
YOU CANT MAKE ME GO INTO DORMS YOU CANT MAKE ME GO INTO DORMS YOU CANT MAKE ME GO INTO DORMS YOU CANT MAKE ME GO INTO DORMS YOU CANT MAKE ME GO INTO DORMS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #722890

I never really struggle with access because I play humans and have the biggest access card in the game to call on, but wallets are fiddly and annoying and I virtually assume anyone I spot using one when the walletstation trait isnt active is up to no good because theyre SO much less convenient than a PDA that theres no real reason you'd want to have it. They make using cash harder, they take away an inventory slot for your PDA and basically banish it to the backpack meaning you dont have a convenient little light when its gone dark, and you gotta go out of your way to pick one up.

sorry walletheads but the PDA will continue to reign supreme as long as it can be used as an ID because its a fun useful and convenient tool that can share a slot with one of the 2 items in the game it could possibly compete with.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #722896

Just put it in your pocket and pull it out when you need it.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #722897

Your wallet, that is. Not the other thing. Pervert.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #722903

Is that a PDA in your pocket or are you holding several ID cards in one convenient location?
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #722923

the pocket slots reserved for matchboxes and spaghetti if i ever receive it everything else is backpack or dufflebag-i'm-dragging-because-i-don't-wanna-wear-one territory
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #723114

I think the ID change was mostly good but the sad bit was just decimating the HoPs job content. You'd get loads of people wanting ID changes at the start of a shift and you could make them do paperwork for it!

Now he can only add little bits no-one sees him anymore. And if you tried to make them do paperwork for maintenance access all you'd get is a polite "fuk off m8"

More HoP job content and more paperwork!
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #723178

I literally just burrow holes through the walls instead of getting access. Nobody is going to give a shit about a bunch of secret passages in discreet locations.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #723244

WineAllWine wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:33 pm I think the ID change was mostly good but the sad bit was just decimating the HoPs job content. You'd get loads of people wanting ID changes at the start of a shift and you could make them do paperwork for it!

Now he can only add little bits no-one sees him anymore. And if you tried to make them do paperwork for maintenance access all you'd get is a polite "fuk off m8"

More HoP job content and more paperwork!
Just issue whole ids instead of editing access on current cards