postmortem nutter comes back from the dead.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

postmortem nutter comes back from the dead.

Post by EmpressMaia » #722251

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35830

he's the one who organized an OOC in IC shitfest.
EmpressMaia

Re: postmortem nutter comes back from the dead.

Post by EmpressMaia » #722389

dendydoom wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:22 am
EmpressMaia wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:52 am i dislike the kys phrase, even though ive used it several times in moments of anger, however i do think its odd that someone can come at you full force with insults, but once you step it up to that its an instant rule-11 violation, and the person that was slinging other insults at you in usually in the clear, even if they were the one that caused you to say what you said
you're right in that you shouldn't have to put up with someone spewing insults at you in OOC or dchat or w/e. i mute people when they get too salty, cooldown ban them if they say something too far, and i punish both if someone retaliates with something just as or even more abhorrent. there's a limit here. yeah, sure, if someone is being an asshole, tell them to fuck off. you don't have to dig deep and find the most vile thing possible to say to someone who upsets you.

but i'm not sure what it solves by retaliating with even more vile things. other people around you hear this shit when you say it, how do you know what kinda mental state they're in? is it worth it over a video game? what if, god forbid, someone you say that to actually goes and hurts themselves? are you gonna take responsibility for that?

"but dendy, that doesn't happen, it's just a joke"

i wish that were true, imaginary person i just invented. yes it does.

we are all (supposedly) adults here, and we are responsible for the things we say and do. shocking to expect accountability from full grown adults, i know.
I think a really nice addition that would help some people is a mute button in the dchat. Instead of having to dig through the mute verb
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #722397

Oh my god it would be amazing if you could mute a person in dchat or OOC for yourself.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #722418

conrad wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:05 am Kieth is like
YOU SUUUCK GRRR
Then tbm is like
YOU ALSO SUUUCK GRRR [screenshots of sucking]
Kieth responds with
I was a different person back then but YOU STILL SUCK GRRRRR
The Dendi comes with
Kieth you're sucking bro lol
Kieth responds with
You know what I sucked but tbm ALSO SUCKED GRRRRRR

Kieth are you more concerned with your presentation and inconsistency of previous terms (yours included) or with the fact these, you included, were people organizing an event telling Justice to kill themselves because of a note they put on someone almost a year ago?
This is my entire takeaway from this thread.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722533

Timonk wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:18 pm
Donglesplonge wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:06 pm so andrew was the use case for olfaction, i've been trying to figure out why that gene power existed ever since my fulp days
actually very useful tracking people
only thing that can track people without suit sensors
as a proof of concept i was able to track down a changeling because he was changing identities and olfaction could detect that
i was able to identify a traitor that sabotaged comms because of it too but i wasnt able to catch him before i died
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #722783

I'm massively out of the loop on everything related to whoever this person is and their feet sniffing.

And my life is better for it.

The only part I have any opinion on is timberpoes feeling like there should be more information given than the IC issue prompt, which while generally nice often removes some of the mystery of what's going on with the round. That third one especially conflicts with the first where you'll then have been told that something that happened to you was valid escalation and it does or doesn't turn out they were an antag and you try to do the same off their ruling and fumble it as a result.
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722793

yea the jabroni outfit would have been way better IMO
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #722794

bro could you not
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #722796

Constellado wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:39 pm Oh my god it would be amazing if you could mute a person in dchat or OOC for yourself.
you already can
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #722810

MrStonedOne wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:23 pm
Constellado wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:39 pm Oh my god it would be amazing if you could mute a person in dchat or OOC for yourself.
you already can
What's the secret sauce to muting a specific person in OOC and dchat as a non admin?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722811

you used to be able to see which ckey belonged to which ghost in deadchat with the ignore player button
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

feaster
Byond Username: Roadto3k

Post by feaster » #722812

Constellado wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:16 pm
MrStonedOne wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:23 pm
you already can
What's the secret sauce to muting a specific person in OOC and dchat as a non admin?
Ignore button in the OOC panel
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722831

the ignore button is just a giant list of every ckey on the server so sometines you wont even know who to press ignore on, and its not searchable i dont believe
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #722833

this was total ass to go through and re-investigate.

if you're banned from this, it is very likely i will oppose you returning.

if you got a second chance before i had a say in it, then don't ever do this shit again.

i think my feelings on this are very clear at this point and it's the last i'm really gonna say on it, thanks for reading.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW: