We need more cross server play

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

We need more cross server play

Post by vect0r » #722325

I remember a while ago seeing imitates on Manuel and I remembered just how many cool people are on Sybil! Manuel players, play some on Sybil (I know I will attempt to), it’s not the hellish PvP zone you think it is! Sybil players, play some on Manuel! It’s not the meta gang hugbox that you think it is either!
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Re: We need more cross server play

Post by Donglesplonge » #722326

just got done playing two terry rounds and it consisted of us finding random people to beat up and rob despite the circumstances of the robbery being blatantly different from one-another

quite fun i would wholly recommend (these are my first two non-manuel rounds)
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #722327

absolutely. best kind of things happen when people get outside of their bubble and try to impress new people they don't know.
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #722328

Manuel was fun the last few times I played it
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #722331

One does not simply decide to go on Manuel without preparatiion... it has different rules and you run the risk of getting banned from all of tg for doing things that are normal to you.

Manuel players going on Sybil, on the other hand, is absolutely fine. The worst that can happen is getting robusted early, in which case you can easily server hop right back to Manuel.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #722333

ekaterina wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:43 pm One does not simply decide to go on Manuel without preparatiion... it has different rules and you run the risk of getting banned from all of tg for doing things that are normal to you.

Manuel players going on Sybil, on the other hand, is absolutely fine. The worst that can happen is getting robusted early, in which case you can easily server hop right back to Manuel.
I have gotten more notes on Sybil than I have on Manuel and I don’t even read the rules lol. As long as you just don’t murder the entire crew as a tot or something you’ll be fine.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #722336

admins need to spawn in more trash disposals that send you to terry
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #722344

iwishforducks wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:12 pm admins need to spawn in more trash disposals that send you to terry
If Riggle will give me the admin circuits that does that. I would try that a few times!
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #722345

iansdoor wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:38 pm
iwishforducks wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:12 pm admins need to spawn in more trash disposals that send you to terry
If Riggle will give me the admin circuits that does that. I would try that a few times!
Riggle sent me to skyrat bro. Wrong server
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #722346

vect0r wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm I remember a while ago seeing imitates on Manuel and I remembered just how many cool people are on Sybil! Manuel players, play some on Sybil (I know I will attempt to), it’s not the hellish PvP zone you think it is! Sybil players, play some on Manuel! It’s not the meta gang hugbox that you think it is either!
I like how Terry isn't mentioned
- Brazilian Manuel Player

vect0r

Post by vect0r » #722348

DATAxPUNGED wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:59 pm
vect0r wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:07 pm I remember a while ago seeing imitates on Manuel and I remembered just how many cool people are on Sybil! Manuel players, play some on Sybil (I know I will attempt to), it’s not the hellish PvP zone you think it is! Sybil players, play some on Manuel! It’s not the meta gang hugbox that you think it is either!
I don't have a low enough ping to survive on terry
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #722349

vect0r wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:11 pm
I don't have a low enough ping to survive on terry
come give it a go we can make it work
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #722351

wonderfully awesome thread
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #722352

I just assumed it's because Manuel and Sybil are both US servers, thus you'd assume someone who can play on one can play on the other. The same is not necessarily true for European servers.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #722353

I left Sybil to avoid the routine murderboning (and Lisa Green)
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #722359

ekaterina wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:02 pm
I just assumed it's because Manuel and Sybil are both US servers, thus you'd assume someone who can play on one can play on the other. The same is not necessarily true for European servers.
I honestly forgot that was a thing, my ping in US WEST and Europe servers are about the same (180ms)
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #722360

Manuel has better pop at the times I play.

But I should go back to Sybil to see how times have changed.

One day, maybe. I like playing with people I know...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #722393

Since you mentioned me by name, I figure I should tell you I started playing on Manuel mainly because I was tired of it always being extreme deadpop (5-15) on Sybil during the time of day when I'm usually active, since I'm awake during the night and sleep during the day.

Now I decide to play on both fairly equally I'd say. I like both. I like Sybil because of the antag freedom to nuke the station whenever I want, and I like Manuel for the increased RP.

I always feel like I'm going to get banned on Manuel, though, because of the increased admin scrutiny. My only ban thus far is on Manuel, and even though I got it overturned on appeal, I still feel more nervous there.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722402

I just think I've had my fill from back before Manuel for what Sybil offers. I was deeply entrenched in that culture for so long that I just don't have the taste for it anymore. It's not like I'm not being challenged at all by Manuelites, they're good sports for the most part and clever too. But I appreciate that there is a lesser emphasis on mechanical prowess and an expectation to always be ready to have to maintain a mechanically minded playstyle from roundstart the moment someone starts acting out. It just gets a bit tiring on a per round basis, and so doing it in moderation is fine by me, which Manuel provides plenty.

My ping has only worsened over time as I move from place to place. I miss having 150-200ms, I felt so much more responsive. So Terry is entirely off the table at this point, I think the worst it gets is 400ms on there. Every other server is 250-300ms. But I did like my few Terry visits.