nutter confuses dodging league matches with antag rolling ss13 rounds

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

nutter confuses dodging league matches with antag rolling ss13 rounds

Post by Timonk » #722898

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: nutter confuses dodging league matches with antag rolling ss13 rounds

Post by warbluke » #722901

Calling rounds "matches" is a new one.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #722904

Nothingburger peanut, but it is always reassuring to see how blatant actual antag rollers are. For a while I schiz’d out thinking fucking latejoining was gonna make me look like an antag roller, but no, they really are just like this.
Walter brought back Crack.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #722907

DrAmazing343 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:30 pm Nothingburger peanut, but it is always reassuring to see how blatant actual antag rollers are. For a while I schiz’d out thinking fucking latejoining was gonna make me look like an antag roller, but no, they really are just like this.
if anything you think latejoining would be the opposite since you dodge any kill objectives that would have otherwise had a chance of selecting you (at least till mid/late rolls or progtot)
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722917

Dynamically updating objectives/introduced antagonists tend to make that not so reliable. But, generally speaking, yes. Late joining will protect you from most objective targeting. Back when I was on Cit, people used to do it as well. You'd have an almost dead pop roundstart then 30 people total after 5 minutes. This also resulted in antagonists not getting their best possible gear despite the rapid increase in pop. IT was fixed eventually, and dynamic fixed it here technically.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #722918

"I don't want an antag to interact with me so I am going to latejoin" has to be the single lamest mentality possible, jeez
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #722921

Yeah naw I’m never latejoining to avoid antag targeting. You’re telling me I get a reason to fight the bad guy with the will of the people and the station behind me??! Like yeah I might get owned out of nowhere in maints but fighting the traitors if you escape the initial surprise attack OR if they (surprise surprise) choose to roleplay, you get to experience some peak.

Maybe I just enjoy being hunted.
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #722924

i latejoin so i can read the crew manifest and specifically target someone with my mind powers causing them to have a slightly mediocre round every time

no i will not stop

yes you can also do the same you just have to think really hard at someones ckey
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722927

every time im queued into a ss13 match i make sure to kill as many people as possible
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #722937

NINE PARAGRAPHS

WHY
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #722941

conrad wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:46 am NINE PARAGRAPHS

WHY
this is why we need people to read
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722961

WHY
That's not how paragraphs work. There is maybe three paragraphs total, I just broke them up in the formatting to be a bit easier to read and to separate out the points I'm addressing.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #722962

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:29 pm Dynamically updating objectives/introduced antagonists tend to make that not so reliable. But, generally speaking, yes. Late joining will protect you from most objective targeting. Back when I was on Cit, people used to do it as well. You'd have an almost dead pop roundstart then 30 people total after 5 minutes. This also resulted in antagonists not getting their best possible gear despite the rapid increase in pop. IT was fixed eventually, and dynamic fixed it here technically.
Only somewhat related but I swear I don't get selected as a kill target for months then I'll have three rounds in a row where I am a kill target. It's weird.

Never been kidnapped by a progtot, even the syndies don't want a janitor/cargo tech main.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #722972

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:58 am
NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:29 pm Dynamically updating objectives/introduced antagonists tend to make that not so reliable. But, generally speaking, yes. Late joining will protect you from most objective targeting. Back when I was on Cit, people used to do it as well. You'd have an almost dead pop roundstart then 30 people total after 5 minutes. This also resulted in antagonists not getting their best possible gear despite the rapid increase in pop. IT was fixed eventually, and dynamic fixed it here technically.
Only somewhat related but I swear I don't get selected as a kill target for months then I'll have three rounds in a row where I am a kill target. It's weird.

Never been kidnapped by a progtot, even the syndies don't want a janitor/cargo tech main.
We all know that cargo mains are already on Syndicates side, so no need to kidnap you.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #722975

NecromancerAnne wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:07 am

WHY
That's not how paragraphs work. There is maybe three paragraphs total, I just broke them up in the formatting to be a bit easier to read and to separate out the points I'm addressing.
Well... Akxhually :geek:, there are indeed 8 paragraphs there but unfortunately some have over 40 words, which is way too much for conrad's attention span

Edit: I went ahead and tried to read it, and I rly didn't know where to start bc, while the points might be well distributed, I cannot figure out each paragraph's point bc they are not highlighted... My attention span is also quite short, so I need bright colors
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #722976

How to trick people into reading your text:
  • Literally just use a bulleted list
  • Here's a thought
  • Here's another thought!
  • Each time you read a bullet, your gooner brain gets a hit of that sweet dopamine
  • Here's another!
  • Wow!
  • Please give me another bullet point PLEASE papamichael I BEG OF THEE give me that dopamine!!
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #722977

scratches arm nervously

Got any more ‘o them…

Bullet points?
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #722979

PapaMichael wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:35 pm How to trick people into reading your text:
  • Literally just use a bulleted list
  • Here's a thought
  • Here's another thought!
  • Each time you read a bullet, your gooner brain gets a hit of that sweet dopamine
  • Here's another!
  • Wow!
  • Please give me another bullet point PLEASE papamichael I BEG OF THEE give me that dopamine!!
I think that using short sentences also helps
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #723081

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm

WHY
Well... Akxhually :geek:, there are indeed 8 paragraphs there but unfortunately some have over 40 words, which is way too much for conrad's attention span

Edit: I went ahead and tried to read it, and I rly didn't know where to start bc, while the points might be well distributed, I cannot figure out each paragraph's point bc they are not highlighted... My attention span is also quite short, so I need bright colors
Hi, thank you for appealing. I want to also point out that this day ban also has come parceled with a permanent antagonist ban.

After noticing you suicide in the round that this was placed and someone ahelping to point it out, I did some investigating into your previous rounds to see whether or not you stuck around for the full length of it.

While in some rounds you did, your average lifespan was usually fairly brief before hanging about in deadchat for the remainder. Usually this gave me the sense that you were waiting for midrounds/ghostroles after dying. This is not usually a problem until it is consistent. At which point, one has to ask whether or not it is trying to maximize the potential for antagonist roles.

In most other rounds where this didn't take place, you logged off or committed suicide remarkably fast. More than once or twice joining and instantly logging off. These are the more clear cut rounds where this appears to be fairly flagrant antag rolling.

The rounds you consistently played to completion were ones you got antagonist on. You were also only engaged when ghost roles were offered, particularly antagonistic ones.

I am going to be very blunt from here on out. Making the claim that you logged off because of latency problems because you're outside of the US is a genuinely ineffective argument with me when I've dealt with this same problem, on a similarly shitty network, for my entire time on this server. I understand that it is going to vary quite considerably based on location to the server. But I have a fairly intimate knowledge of how it is to be experiencing latency enough to make the game unplayable, you would have felt it on the lobby screen. Byond screams to a grinding halt once you're above 300ms, and everything would have been telling you (as well as the ping indicator on the first tab to the right) that you are going to suffer performance issues. If you are deliberately ignoring these warnings and just logging off again and again, it is time to consider that maybe you literally cannot reasonably play here if it isn't up to a standard you can tolerate.

I have my doubts in this regard, because it definitely didn't stop you from playing out the all the antagonist rounds you got this week, so I guess it must be latency that conveniently goes away when you're antagonist.

As for population being low, there are two locations to check for this. Status tab before joining and the Who verb in OOC. You've played long enough, I think you should know where these are by now. If you don't want to play lowpop, just check the server count before joining. This argument is even worse than the latency one; you have all the information available to you before you join to make an informed decision on this. To still join and then immediately log off? You're antag rolling. That's it.

This is denied. The only chance this is getting appealed is if you actually consistently continue to play despite the inability to play antagonists. If there are rounds you are still able to play on due to periods of reduced ping issues, I would hope you see them played to full.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #723089

Archie700 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:12 am
Justice12354 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm <snip>
Hi, thank you for appealing. I want to also point out that this day ban also has come parceled with a permanent antagonist ban.

After noticing you suicide in the round that this was placed and someone ahelping to point it out, I did some investigating into your previous rounds to see whether or not you stuck around for the full length of it.

While in some rounds you did, your average lifespan was usually fairly brief before hanging about in deadchat for the remainder. Usually this gave me the sense that you were waiting for midrounds/ghostroles after dying. This is not usually a problem until it is consistent. At which point, one has to ask whether or not it is trying to maximize the potential for antagonist roles.

In most other rounds where this didn't take place, you logged off or committed suicide remarkably fast. More than once or twice joining and instantly logging off. These are the more clear cut rounds where this appears to be fairly flagrant antag rolling.

The rounds you consistently played to completion were ones you got antagonist on. You were also only engaged when ghost roles were offered, particularly antagonistic ones.

I am going to be very blunt from here on out. Making the claim that you logged off because of latency problems because you're outside of the US is a genuinely ineffective argument with me when I've dealt with this same problem, on a similarly shitty network, for my entire time on this server. I understand that it is going to vary quite considerably based on location to the server. But I have a fairly intimate knowledge of how it is to be experiencing latency enough to make the game unplayable, you would have felt it on the lobby screen. Byond screams to a grinding halt once you're above 300ms, and everything would have been telling you (as well as the ping indicator on the first tab to the right) that you are going to suffer performance issues. If you are deliberately ignoring these warnings and just logging off again and again, it is time to consider that maybe you literally cannot reasonably play here if it isn't up to a standard you can tolerate.

I have my doubts in this regard, because it definitely didn't stop you from playing out the all the antagonist rounds you got this week, so I guess it must be latency that conveniently goes away when you're antagonist.

As for population being low, there are two locations to check for this. Status tab before joining and the Who verb in OOC. You've played long enough, I think you should know where these are by now. If you don't want to play lowpop, just check the server count before joining. This argument is even worse than the latency one; you have all the information available to you before you join to make an informed decision on this. To still join and then immediately log off? You're antag rolling. That's it.

This is denied. The only chance this is getting appealed is if you actually consistently continue to play despite the inability to play antagonists. If there are rounds you are still able to play on due to periods of reduced ping issues, I would hope you see them played to full.
OH MY FUCKING EYES. I'M ON LIGHT MODE YOU EVIL WITCH
Spoiler:
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #723130

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm

WHY

-house of leaves snip-
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #723131

Justice12354 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:44 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:29 pm <snip>

OH MY FUCKING EYES. I'M ON LIGHT MODE YOU EVIL WITCH
Dark mode is hardly an improvement.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #723136

too many fuckin paragraphs in this thread, man.

anyhow, disco nunus this thread and steals ur blue buff
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)