How many phone screens have you broken?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

How many phone screens have you broken?

Post by Nabski » #723501

The screen on my phone. Roke today. I am not even sure how, I brought it in from the car and put it on the stairs and next time I picked it up it was broken. Did I drop it and just not remember?

The only other time I broke a screen was three years ago on my wedding day when it was time for pictures and I realized my phone was making an ugly bump so I underhanded it into a chair. It was a super cheap android that was so out of date that I was having to disable pre installed apps so they didn't update and use up the small amount of memory it had. 8 GB of memory and almost all of it the OS (and discord).
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Re: How many phone screens have you broken?

Post by iwishforducks » #723505

im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #723506

I've gone through 4 cell phones in my whole life
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #723511

Living God

Extraordinary Person

Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #723513

Only 1. It fell out of my pocket while I was changing at the gym. Luckily, by a miracle of fate and blessed by the gods, it was literally on the same day I was planning to go buy a new phone anyway because that cell phone was getting outdated and slow after I had it for a few years.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #723514

I havnt broken a phone screen fully because somehow the phones I get are indestructible.

One time I was running and my phone fell out of my pocket and skidded on concrete for like 5 meters, screen down. All it got was a single little crack in the corner and some skid marks. It still worked. The crack hasnt grown in the years since. (I dont use it anymore though)
Also the corners of the phone was just wrecked but again, it was designed with it in mind I am sure of it.

And I am not kidding here: it had NO phone case.

I have no idea how it survived it.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #723528

2. One my old flip phone, one a smartphone i dropped face down (and it was still usable for months)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #723531

Smashed one by letting it drop onto the pavement once when I was running, think that's basically the only one. My fingers aren't that sharp.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #723563

Depending on how you define it, 0 to 2.

I have never broken the actual screen, only the protective layer. And even then, I have never broken the protective layer until about 3-4 months ago when it happened twice
I also may have broken the Display of another phone that I was trying to repair (no visual damage though)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #723568

2 but they were older phones from like a decade ago with shittier manufacturing
I also don't use a case anymore
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #723581

0 even though I've dropped my phone(s) a handful of times
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #723589

1. I dropped it seconds after passing a very difficult interview and being hired on the spot. Paid for repairs with my first salary.

I could swear I heard "KARMA REALIGNED" as soon as I picked up my phone with the cracked screen.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #723608

smashed screens aplenty I'm a fucking stupid bitch that sleeps with her phone next to her in bed and I toss a lot in my sleep so it goes sliding onto the floor.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #723622

Honestly, 7 over a decade. Usually in the stupidest ways, and in my driveway as I am waking up.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #723628

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:35 pm smashed screens aplenty I'm a fucking stupid bitch that sleeps with her phone next to her in bed and I toss a lot in my sleep so it goes sliding onto the floor.
This is the realest shit in the world. The feeling when you can't find your phone and work is in twenty minutes and you find it after 15 minutes of frantic, increasingly stressful search and IT WAS STUCK BETWEEN THE BED AND THE WALL
Walter brought back Crack.
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #723665

i drop mine pretty often but the screenprotector and thick case are holding steady
i think my i broke the screenprotector only like once and i just had to peel it off and stick on a new one and then it was fixed
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #723718

0. However, my mom has once done the epic classic of dropping the cellphone in the toilet by accident
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it