Supernutter Ruined by Singulor Vote

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Supernutter Ruined by Singulor Vote

Post by DrAmazing343 » #723988

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35927

I got to witness this one live, it was genuinely fucking peak. We had over half the crew sitting in front of the damn thing eating rads to watch it delam with popcorn— Even if the rules say one thing, sometimes, the heart should 100% say another.

Walter brought back Crack.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: Supernutter Ruined by Singulor Vote

Post by Sightld2 » #723990

Deja vu, I've just been in this place before, higher on the beat-

viewtopic.php?p=706914#p706914

Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #723992

Fun is not allowed on ss13 people should know this by now
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #723994

Letting this slip would be very much a rule 0 thing. Other than that, it's hard to conduct an in-game vote which really prompts everyone involved in the round. From IC point getting the entire crew on it should be enough, but aiming to end the round like that would be dickish to people who aren't in the crew like certain antagonists or ghost roles, people whose existence you can't even be sure about. Practically impossible for a player to say everyone was fine with it. The appeal does not seem to give any new information, argument is still that plenty of people enjoyed it but it was resolved based on the existence of a person who did not enjoy it. The risk taken was calculated but maths is hard.
DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #723996

Direct consequence of making accidental singuloose borderline impossible. People thirst for singularity carnage and they simply ain't getting their fix.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #724001

this is an amazing thread title btw
Tegun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:41 pm Letting this slip would be very much a rule 0 thing. Other than that, it's hard to conduct an in-game vote which really prompts everyone involved in the round. From IC point getting the entire crew on it should be enough, but aiming to end the round like that would be dickish to people who aren't in the crew like certain antagonists or ghost roles, people whose existence you can't even be sure about. Practically impossible for a player to say everyone was fine with it. The appeal does not seem to give any new information, argument is still that plenty of people enjoyed it but it was resolved based on the existence of a person who did not enjoy it. The risk taken was calculated but maths is hard.
boils it down beautifully.

as a nerd for ethics and political theory, this jumps to my mind:

1. running the vote to begin with on Bmon's part was charitable and gave the fair opportunity for everyone who saw it and thought to answer to say "this was cool and I don't mind it" - Bmon didn't just assume nobody would have an issue with changing and ignoring the rules for the round
2. when that concrete person said no, they didn't want it, Bmon protected them and took action that vect0r even acknowledged in the ticket.

everyone's got a claim to the same game laid out under the rules. nobody wants to be told that their rulebreaking loss (of time, effort, antag roll)* is justified because everyone else had a good time. that means you can't justify doing something bad to someone else just because everyone else gets a kick out of it - sometimes the rules mean protecting the minority from the majority.

the ends (getting to do a funny singulo on a dead shift that most of the crew was vibing with and wanted to see happen) don't justify the means (fucking over somebody else who didn't expect to get their round cut short by deliberate grand sabotage by a non-antag in command)

if everyone agreed, whatever, but somebody didn't. nobody wants to be that 1:20 vote. you want somebody with the backbone to stay by the rules and give you their equal consideration if you end up in that position on anything;

or, if you think nonantags should be able to do this in whatever round as long as they pass a certain margin in a vote, you want to change the rules.

the poll results should not make you feel worse about the ban, imo - I don't understand vect0r doubling back on it here after their ticket with bmon. I hope anyone reading back into this (maybe with a bit of help from these posts in this thread, like Pink's referring to the last similar ban [which was dropped to 2 weeks after appeal from a perma. not 3 days before like vect0r's almost done with at this point?*]) gets the sense of two things:

1. this was not an easy call to make. bmon didn't do the easier things here. and
2. say what you will about the best methods or time for the crime (if any) here, but it was the right call to make.

i respect vect0r having a playlist and singularity pfp ready for this, but I come away with even more for bmon in how they've handled this so far. will watch the appeal
vaporwhisp
Byond Username: Vaporwhisp

Post by vaporwhisp » #724005

Punishing vect0r for this goes against Democracy, which means Bmon is a bug sympathizer. Deplorable.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #724006

The way this usually goes is the player goes in knowing they'll be banned and being banned is worth it.

In my years here I've seen this same incident handled a few classic ways.

Route 1 is the player reaching out to admins to try and get the thing approved - or at least to limit the ban length when they inevitably do it. In days long past I've watched a clown barter with the admin in ahelps for how long they'd be banned if they threw themselves into a singulo and it broke containment. They accepted the banning terms and then did it.

Route 2 is the admin. I myself have just said SS13 moment where people were RPing it out or seemed to enjoy the spectacle. I don't really care if you're an antag or a non-antag, all I want is more classic and memorable SS13 shifts. If you make a classic or memorable SS13 shift then I don't give a rat's ass about the rules cuz the rules are there to maximise the chances of classic and memorable SS13 shifts.

Route 3 is when everything fails. The player does the bannable thing and doesn't accept their ban. The admin sees the bannable thing and doesn't exercise their discretion.

Sometimes you have to accept that a ban can be the consequence and awho before you do something dumb to see which admin type you have online - Joker admin or Batman admin.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #724007

Tegun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:41 pm The appeal does not seem to give any new information, argument is still that plenty of people enjoyed it but it was resolved based on the existence of a person who did not enjoy it.
That player's byond username? WetBlanket.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #724008

this is clearly a

rule 10 issue
10. Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #724009

If it was funny why appeal it
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #724010

They can remove the Particle Accelerator, they can replace the engine, but they can't kill the idea.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #724013

sorry but i personally don't really care for a vote unless it's 100% of the server. roleplay is king and a vote is not IC. i know that's me being a fussy killjoy but to me running a vote is not enough to do something that ends the round on its own.

i would like to see more of the rp surrounding this event. was there build up? IC reason for doing it? did it create a good story?

these are the things i'm looking for when i'm thumbing for the rule 0 or secret rule card.

of course, like others have said, eating the ban for this kind of thing after doing it anyway because you felt so strongly about it earns you the respect of players and admins alike.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #724014

dendydoom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm roleplay is king and a vote is not IC.
It honestly boils down to this.

"I wanna do a vote to do something that will destroy the station, who's with me!"
"Won't we die?"
"Uh, yeah, what of it?"

Bruthur even if you're an antag in Manuel (unless you're an unrestricted antag I know get out of my head) you can't do that.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #724019

dendydoom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm sorry but i personally don't really care for a vote unless it's 100% of the server. roleplay is king and a vote is not IC. i know that's me being a fussy killjoy but to me running a vote is not enough to do something that ends the round on its own.

i would like to see more of the rp surrounding this event. was there build up? IC reason for doing it? did it create a good story?

these are the things i'm looking for when i'm thumbing for the rule 0 or secret rule card.

of course, like others have said, eating the ban for this kind of thing after doing it anyway because you felt so strongly about it earns you the respect of players and admins alike.
Fully agree. You got 3 days for causing a massive round-ending event. If you feel justified in it, take this slap on the wrist with grace. And if you don't want to get banned for destroying the entire station as a non-antag, don't do it.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #724020

anyone competent enough to make a singulo is competent enough to make it on another z-level with a beacon attached so everyone can consensually watch it at their own risk. players purposely doing dangerous gimmicks in public areas and then acting shocked when the hammer comes swinging.. classic
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #724021

conrad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:10 pm "I wanna do a vote to do something that will destroy the station, who's with me!"
"Won't we die?"
"Uh, yeah, what of it?"
(this didn't happen)
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #724023

dendydoom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm sorry but i personally don't really care for a vote unless it's 100% of the server. roleplay is king and a vote is not IC. i know that's me being a fussy killjoy but to me running a vote is not enough to do something that ends the round on its own.
if you truly believe this, then pretty much every admin event would be null at this point. 100% of the server will never agree to an admin's event. i don't think you seriously believe that a highlander event shouldn't happen because 10% of the server said no. (maybe you think it shouldn't happen because highlander events are dumb but i digress- you get my point)
dendydoom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm i would like to see more of the rp surrounding this event. was there build up? IC reason for doing it? did it create a good story?

you can find out for yourself in the appeal:
While I wouldn't want to see it every shift, a rare fun event that is from the crew (as in not admin started) is not a bad thing, and a fun and memorable shift for everyone involved. I spent time making this a memorable event- with a viewing chamber and the chef giving out ice cream and food to people observing the singularity. If I had to count, there were 6+ people around watching the supermatter and actively enjoying the shift.
dendydoom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm of course, like others have said, eating the ban for this kind of thing after doing it anyway because you felt so strongly about it earns you the respect of players and admins alike.
im inclined to agree but im pretty pissed that 93.3% of the server voted "yeah i was cool with that", but one person voting "Nope" is enough to nullify rule 0. seems to me that everyone enjoyed the event, except for the one Space Station 13 guaranteed malder in dchat. we just recently told someone that their antag round killed by an admin event to take a hike. why can't we do the same for the one person that said no? in-fact, to quote what you said:
dendydoom wrote: we have no desire to change overarching policy on events from a single or handful of bad experiences.

it is sad when players don't have fun, but events are as much a part of the game as anything else. admins are encouraged to run events on both large and small scales to bring the world to life and create personalized and unique experiences for players.

they will not all be award winning masterpieces, but adding lots of red tape around events just scares admins off from experimenting with what is possible with the game, or even from doing events at all. as long as the event does not break admin conduct, then the admin is advised to use their best discretion when deciding to run events.
i understand that you're talking in relation to admin events, but i think player-driven events such as these are just as powerful- if not MORE powerful because they're driven ICly- as admin-driven events.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #724025

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm -im inclined to agree but im pretty pissed that 93.3% of the server voted "yeah i was cool with that", but one person voting "Nope" is enough to nullify rule 0-
That one guy's round matters just as much as any one elses. He doesn't nullify rule 0 though, because Bmon would still be choosing to exercise rule 0 even if there were zero votes, which I don't think an Admin should ever be required to do.

That said, I was playing at the time and organized an end of the world viewing party outside the engine, it was pretty fun for a one off type deal.

Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #724026

sometimes you just gotta let the funny happen, if you gotta eat a ban to make the funny happen then you should make the funny happen, of course within the theoretical restriction of "fun" pertaining to everyones involvement, but i don't read rules and i don't intend to start now either

you may have a cake, you may get a slice, but to want to eat the whole thing, especially when you have a horde of smelly unwashed disgusting awful evil vile cave dwellers (admins i love you) watching your every move trying to PERMANENTLY BAN YOU FOREVER AND POSSIBLY MAKE IT A BLACKLIST FOR FUN is a bit silly especially when the cake is actually a black hole that kills people

also peak opportunity here for someone to use the did you ask everyone consent picture literal twin souls appeal for the images existence
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #724027

Had a vote to not get banned, lost it. L bozo. It's like when you welderbomb in halls because no balls and hope the admins don't see. Calculated risk almost, just don't get caught next time
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #724029

don't roll the dice on rule 0 if you won't accept the results.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #724030

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm snip
sorry to say, but players aren't admins. admins aren't always admins, either. if someone was de-adminned and did this while participating as a player, then i would ban them if i saw it.

admins unfortunately don't get to do whatever they want. a short while prior to the ruling you quoted, a complaint was upheld for an event that was found to breach conduct.

they are trained and entrusted with a vast number of tools to manage and maintain a detailed overview of everything that's happening in a round, and are expected to make informed choices about how they will run a round in keeping with conduct. even if it's within conduct, they can still be held accountable by the community for bad events. this might not be as vindicating as seeing the badmin thrown out and banned, but it does feel very bad and works more often than not. i've seen people need to take a break entirely because of it. players do not have this level of oversight nor, sadly, this level of trust. these roles are held to different standards.

if i end up looking into this then part of that will be going through the round logs and seeing how it panned out, how much rp was done, etc. but it would be nice to get this as part of the appeal. i am very lazy.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #724034

iwishforducks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 pm
conrad wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:10 pm "I wanna do a vote to do something that will destroy the station, who's with me!"
"Won't we die?"
"Uh, yeah, what of it?"
(this didn't happen)
I know it didn't happen. This is to illustrate the failrp.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #724037

Lame ban. Lameness aside, it was 1 singular non-consensual kill and as such it should be 1 singular day, not 3. Retroactively commute this man's sentence, give him a 2 day "get out of ban free" card.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #724040

ekaterina wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 pm Lame ban. Lameness aside, it was 1 singular non-consensual kill and as such it should be 1 singular day, not 3. Retroactively commute this man's sentence, give him a 2 day "get out of ban free" card.
that means he gets to release 2 free singularities if the math adds up........................................
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724041

I'm in agreement with the sentiment of having a slice of the cake, but not expecting to eat the rest, too.

Funny one-off, definitely against the rules, I still quite enjoyed witnessing it in the round, probably for the best if they don't do it again.

still loved it...
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724045

The note should be amended to clarify that there was a 93% vote for "I was fine with being singuloed that was base", with only 1 upset player while the rest of the crew made a viewing stand and set up concessions like it was a ballgame tbh instead of a vaguely worded "oh ya this guys a griefing asshole" note.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #724048

I can't believe nobody has remarked on Timber giving us the two genders of admin: Batman or Joker.

his pfp is literally batman just look on the fucking discord you can even see the hood and mask and-

this begs the question of where everyone goes on the batman-joker spectrum. i wanna see that graph
iwishforducks wrote: if you truly believe this, then pretty much every admin event would be null at this point. 100% of the server will never agree to an admin's event. i don't think you seriously believe that a highlander event shouldn't happen because 10% of the server said no. (maybe you think it shouldn't happen because highlander events are dumb but i digress- you get my point)
part of the difference here is that admins are accountable to both the 10% and the 90%, and the terms of that accountability are the rules.

the rules don't stop working during an admin event; but they have to in order for a player to decide to release a singulo or cascade for the funny as a nonantag in command (hell, even potentially as a restricted antag on MRP.)

if an event goes bad or is run unfairly, admins have the responsibility and tools to try to make it better in the moment and going forward - players deciding off an arbitrary vote to suspend the rules don't even know who felt wronged by it enough to vote against it in the final offing where bmon polled the whole server that was on at the time.

you probably wouldn't even want them to know, because people can be awfully shitty and toxic to those that don't conform. still, the minority has a claim under the rules as much as the majority would if everyone voted against the delam and the cap did it anyway.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Higgin on Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
feedback appreciated here <3
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #724049

After seeing how shitty people can be to the people that don't actually want an sm delam I'm fully against any "vote for delam" gimmicks unless the player actually ahelps
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724050

Archie700 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:09 am After seeing how shitty people can be to the people that don't actually want an sm delam.
People can get very pushy.
Luckily most of the time they are an antag that wants chaos and is doing anything they can to get it. Which includes arguing at whoever to try and change their mind.

Sadly, that almost never works.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #724051

:face:
Constellado wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:15 am
Archie700 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:09 am After seeing how shitty people can be to the people that don't actually want an sm delam.
People can get very pushy.
Luckily most of the time they are an antag that wants chaos and is doing anything they can to get it. Which includes arguing at whoever to try and change their mind.

Sadly, that almost never works.
If it was an antag I would understand Icly because you're the BAD GUY.

Being mad at them OOC is a different case.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #724073

I fucking love gambling, the house always wins!
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #724075

Higgin wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:48 pm I can't believe nobody has remarked on Timber giving us the two genders of admin: Batman or Joker.

his pfp is literally batman just look on the fucking discord you can even see the hood and mask and-

this begs the question of where everyone goes on the batman-joker spectrum. i wanna see that graph
I am pure joker. I am chaos incarnate. Anything is allowed as long as its funny.

The moral of this story is that permission is easier than forgiveness. You'd be surprised how often a "can I do x it'll be funny I promise" ahelp works.

It's a bit weird that Bmon allowed a vote but then didn't respect the majority imo. Making a vote but then going against a landslide is lame. Just don't do the vote.

edit - I think I misunderstood what happened. ignore me
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #724467

DrAmazing343 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:49 am viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35927

I got to witness this one live, it was genuinely fucking peak. We had over half the crew sitting in front of the damn thing eating rads to watch it delam with popcorn— Even if the rules say one thing, sometimes, the heart should 100% say another.

8/10 thread title
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724472

I was pretty proud of this one yeah
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #724629

Whats the difference between a player causing a singulo and an admin randomly spamming immovable rods to the point where two actually collide and make one during a round.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #724642

Admin is an antagonist role and as such has a license to grief and cause mass devastation
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724660

I still remember one round where the admin sent two looping rods at the station. The destruction they caused...
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit