when the nut is so good it got me hypotized

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

when the nut is so good it got me hypotized

Post by PapaMichael » #724248

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?t=35934
"Admins I hypnotized 8 people to draw pictures of me for the entire shift and some of them didn't, help please"
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: when the nut is so good it got me hypotized

Post by carshalash » #724450

At the moment he's going on another tirade about how he much he enjoys fucking with people.

It's almost a daily thing at this point.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #724451

Witherael wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:10 am you can pontificate about what fun is and how you measure it and how witherael is shit at being fun or what have you
I don’t think the issue is you trying to have “fun”, but rather forcing it (OOCLY) without any regard for the other player. You don’t even attempt to get their opinion on how they can contribute or if they find your idea so terribly unfun that they would rather chew nails.

You don’t have to give them something as simple as “ur antag go be bad!!” But atleast something a little less binding than a silicon law or lavaland flavortext would be, and then talk to them about it and make sure it’s a plan / gimmick that they don’t completely hate and it really shouldn’t be hard since people will breakdance on hot coals for an antag pass to do whatever it is you need
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #724465

PapaMichael wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:39 pm viewtopic.php?t=35934
"Admins I hypnotized 8 people to draw pictures of me for the entire shift and some of them didn't, help please"
6.2/10
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724491

carshalash wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:55 pm At the moment he's going on another tirade about how he much he enjoys fucking with people.

It's almost a daily thing at this point.
the funny thing is how long this has been going on, MFer is STILL going on about this.

"why are people preferring to eat a potential ban instead of following my brainwashing objectives?"
"your brainwashing objectives aren't fun"
"why are you attacking me? I bet you're just mad"
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #724494

dendydoom wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:01 am hello, i've had to sweep this thread of a number of posts that were either entirely contentless/low-effort or were just straight up shit slinging.

if your post was removed and contained this you were likely given a warning. otherwise if your post was just removed, it was just swept because it was a response to something that was deleted and is fine.

if the discussion cannot be civil then the thread will be locked as the policy thread it's about is resolved. thank you!
*fart
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #724495

Witherael wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:42 am its medium roleplay, not high roleplay, and even the mins break the immersion worse than me by summoning goku or spongebob or freddy fazbear
Immersion breaks are immersion breaks. Like I said, it would be unacceptable on the LRP servers.
The admins don't get a pass either, that shit annoys the hell out of me. The only time I find it acceptable/funny is when it happens as EORG, because then at least it's in that OOC space where everyone's beating the crap out of each other and there's nothing to think about besides how you're going to kill the resprited Colossus named EXTREMELY LOW QUALITY METAL GEAR, and how simultaneously annoying and hilarious the Rules of Nature kazoo cover is.
► Show Spoiler
I also don't know where you got the idea to recreate a pokemon center tile to tile as seen in the video games, its just a building called a pokemon center that can look like anything and is meant to be a place for injured animals
I don't know where you got that idea either, because I didn't say or imply that in any way.
The majority of the problem lies in becoming Nurse Joy and building a Pokemon Center. The objective is very specific in this. If it just said you were a veterinarian and to build a pet hospital, it would not be an OOC break. I'd suspect it was a reference to something, but it wouldn't be screaming 'hey isn't this VIDEO GAME from MODERN ERA really cool?!'. It'd still be a pretty mediocre objective, because all you'd be doing is amassing medical supplies and maybe healing a pet that gets brought in once every ten minutes or so, instead of being able to interact with what's actually going on in SS13. But again:
I suspect the reference is desired.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #724498

I have gotten silicon laws before that were just "you are (character) from (series)", from media I had absolutely zero exposure to. Like, what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?

As was mentioned, these references can just end up being really alienating to people who are unfamiliar with their targets.

Adminbus immersion breaks for events feel kinda like a necessary evil. I think they'd be a lot more palatable if they were more of a "a mysterious lifeform has been detected on your station" and that lifeform just happens to be spongebob, than CC actually overtly going "hey spongebob is visiting".
(With that said, the playerbase will always react with "omg spongebob", so maybe it isn't that big a difference either way)

But ultimately, I do think most of these events have been funny and good enough that the OOC references should be overlooked, provided they're good-faith events and not just the admin spamming shitty low-effort memes in command reports (Seriously, players aren't allowed to do this IC. C'mon).
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #724512

Archie700 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:38 am The unfortunate thing is that ultimately, not everything is going to go your way.

I think there's a very good point people are ignoring because it comes from the mouth of someone who is regarded by others as an ass - you are never guaranteed sanctity of your character.
the point is well-taken, and it definitely isn't getting appreciated because witherael's making it. we do not do some things to characters because we respect that there's a human on the other side.

feeling like you're having your time wasted with a poorly-executed brainwashing gimmick is far from the worst of them.

even people trying to do fun original stuff with others will fuck up doing everything best that they could have known and been able to do. we should understand and protect the good faith effort where it's made.
► Show Spoiler

for what it's worth because it's true:

I saw Witherael while observing earlier run hypnosis using two prompts.

One, on an assassination target, took two flavors - you wanna check yourself into the gateway and never return. They did, and got all set to go, and had started off on an almost certain-death adventure before a heretic popped in, checked their watch, and sent the target to play DDR. They got dropped back off on station by the hands and got cured in the process of being healed, then hid for the rest of the round.

This was a cool fucking story to watch unfold, and I'm willing to bet it was a lot cooler to play than sitting dead in a locker or space all round. It would have just as much if not more satisfied the objective if the target had killed themselves on the spot, but the hypnosis gave them a better option, and they seem to have followed it faithfully even when it pointed to their ultimate, unrecoverable death.

Was it the most reliable way to greentext? No. Am I willing to bet that it was appreciated more than wordless death, and would I appreciate it as an inspired alternative to getting killed like a dog now and again? Does it take effort and does it involve risk? Yes.

The second, on somebody random as far as I could tell, was a prompt to only speak in "YO MAMA" jokes. No strings attached, not even on getting it cured, which they eventually did - while honoring the prompt.

Does that sound funny? Yeah, it was. If I was feeling like a sourpuss, was I stuck in it or doing it for somebody else's pleasure for the rest of the round under threat of getting hung and buried? No.

Are both of these examples directly responsive to feedback given in this thread and elsewhere? Yes.

Are they going to get recognized, or Witherael for putting in the effort or risk to change tact, if I don't bring them up here?

Tragically not. The negative image drives the expectation drives the treatment, but what I saw broke expectations by him treating hypnosis differently and in a way that if it wasn't every single round, I think most people would have come away with a very positive image of it.

if I communicated or let it stand that I don't think he can do anything cool, fun, or novel with hypnosis, I was wrong to do so. it's rarely ever anything so absolute with people, but you can force them into wondering why they should be anything but what you expect if you refuse to recognize when they're not
feedback appreciated here <3
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724519

A big issue right now is that, no matter what he does at this point, I know I will not want to get hypnotised.
Why?
Because I have seen and heard about it so much I don't want to deal with it. Even if the prompt is different, even if its good, it's still hypnotism, and I'll be thinking about the peanuts, the complaints...
Higgin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:19 am Are they going to get recognized, or Witherael for putting in the effort or risk to change tact, if I don't bring them up here?

Tragically not. The negative image drives the expectation drives the treatment, but what I saw broke expectations by him treating hypnosis differently and in a way that if it wasn't every single round, I think most people would have come away with a very positive image of it.

if I communicated or let it stand that I don't think he can do anything cool, fun, or novel with hypnosis, I was wrong to do so. it's rarely ever anything so absolute with people, but you can force them into wondering why they should be anything but what you expect if you refuse to recognize when they're not
I agree with this statement here, and I am pretty sure its true.

I saw this round last night, and I personally wasn't happy to see the hypnosis, but that's because I had no idea the person was their assassination target. Plus...If the only thing I can think about is hypnotism again?, So often? It's going to sour my thoughts on it. No matter what kind of hypnotism it is, For sure.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #724521

Higgin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:19 am snip
Yeah, those are both neat stories and decent brainwashes. Thumbs up from me. They don't intrinsically get in the way of the game; people can still do stuff and have their own miniature round inside the gateway as long as there's something to do and be found there(aka as long as it isn't the beach). And the 'yo momma' joke one is just something that mildly restricts/annoys the player, while leaving the rest of the sandbox/roleplay open.

Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724527

Higgin wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:19 am Are both of these examples directly responsive to feedback given in this thread and elsewhere? Yes.

Are they going to get recognized, or Witherael for putting in the effort or risk to change tact, if I don't bring them up here?

The issue is multifaceted.

1. They regularly run this gimmick to the point that someone in the administration had to ask him to cool it a bit. If an admin is noticing and asking you to stop 9/10 it means that other players are exhausted with it at that point.

2. Their policy thread came across like they wanted clarification to mass summary punish anyone who didn't want to do his hypno objectives. I do slightly get this one though. Most policy threads are the direct result of a ban, note, or issue in-game. I can bet that no one just decides to open a policy thread on something random for shits and giggles.

3. They come across as a really unpleasant person on discord which furthers the dislike of the person. Of course you can debate as to whether they got flak first and so gave flak back though

4. They didn't like the answer they got, combined with constantly acting llike criticizing their hypno objectives was equal to a personal attack against them

5. They are still going on about it on the Manuel discord and seem to derive a sense of enjoyment from annoying others, which further makes people dislike them

Do they deserve the scorn they are getting? Not entirely. Are they entirely innocent? Absolutely not. Are they trying to improve their hypno objectives? Probably.

Some people like getting their rounds hijacked while others don't. The difference is with blood brothers, cult, revs, etc, they all have logical endpoints and are usually interesting in some regard. Hypno objectives need to be like AI laws where it isn't annoying or tedious, which the headmin ruling clarified.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #724534

Yeeeeahhh...

On one hand, it genuinely must suck to be the main character of this month's drama and be subjected to this level of dog-piling. Not all of his objectives were bad per se, and it's certainly true that the playerbase at large is going to be looking at his hypnosis objectives with a ton more scrutiny than they would anyone else.

On the other hand... this is the internet. All he has to do is stop replying to this thread, stop arguing on the discord, and stop hypnotizing people every chance he has, and in 2–3 weeks the community's collective consciousness will have entirely moved on to something else.
vaporwhisp
Byond Username: Vaporwhisp

Post by vaporwhisp » #724536

The thing I dont understand is: You hypnotize people and give them an objective. The completion of this objective is CLEARLY important enough to you that you've spend multiple DAYS trying to convince people you should be allowed to continue them and that admins should be more litigious when enforcing brainwash objectives. HOWEVER: You ALSO don't care enough about the objective being completed that you provide clear, meaningful directions on how to complete the objective in a way that satisfies you; you just kinda give them the objective and move on?

If I'm an assistant fresh off the shuttle, and you hypnotize me and tell me to build something having no tools, no mats, or anything, I'm probably going to either ghost immediately, or run around maints looking for tools and stuff and forget 20 minutes later and then just not bother.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #724558

I was in one of these "mass objective go build a thing" hypnotisms and, you know, it was in fact kinda fun? Like we got told to "go build a new xenobiology in escape", and a swarm of people with stolen tools and gear showed up and at least chipped in, or helped break down the doors to xenobio and steal the machines. And then we all kinda drifted off and went back to whatever we were doing before.

We were all breaking the rules though, because the order ALSO said "...and make two purple slime extracts" and only one of the like... 10? people involved gave enough of a shit. I think it was the guy who loudly snitched on the hypnotist every thirty seconds out of spite, while still doing as told.

And I feel like you want to consider "give a shit" as factor for hypnosis gimmicks, since ultimately if players don't give a shit they will stop interacting. Whether that's just going "eh i did enough, whatever" or "I cant be assed to do that, if an admin tells me off ill go do it then", or just straight tabbing out/disconnecting. Consider the ratio of "Random person I dont know will have fun doing this" to "effort and time required".

"You HATE the bar. Trash that den of alcohol and break their things" is probbably gonna go down better with a mass group than say, "Build a new bar across the hall and run it to show the bartender who's boss."
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #724604

PapaMichael wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm I have gotten silicon laws before that were just "you are (character) from (series)", from media I had absolutely zero exposure to. Like, what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?
imo the trick to doing these is to make them vague so people who dont get the joke can make their own interpretation

my favorite shitpost character lawset is aku from samurai jack but instead of saying "YOU ARE AKU" its "YOU ARE A SHAPE SHIFTING MASTER OF DARKNESS, UNLEASH AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL ONTO THE STATION, DESTROY ANY FOOLISH WARRIORS WHO OPPOSE YOU" so even if the ai doesnt get the reference they can make shit up or just plasmaflood idk
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #724725

Looks like Witherael used his own hypnosis against himself with the objective "Get banned from /tg/station permanently."
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #724726

hypnoban.png
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724727

I KNEW THAT NAME SOUNDED FAMILIAR

Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724728

What a moment.

His legacy is the artworks of himself in the library...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #724730

banned and it didnt even have anything to do with his hypnotism obsession.. im speechless really
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724731

I wasn't going to say anything if no one else did. My money was on them getting banned for yelling in OOC about people not following hypno objectives.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #724733

People tried being nice to him about how he acted, and others tried being direct, but at the end of the day, nothing worked.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724735

The fact that this was off the clown crystal is fucking wild to me. Truly, whatever you expect is always going to be swept out by some new and insane shit
Walter brought back Crack.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #724737

Do you guys just stalk the public permabans page
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #724739

IMO changing people into clowns is funny enough that it shouldn't be a rule break it's just ***SOUL***
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724750

Cheshify wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:36 am Do you guys just stalk the public permabans page
cat thing writes worst forum bait, asked to leave peanut
:shades: deal with it

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #724751

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:36 am IMO changing people into clowns is funny enough that it shouldn't be a rule break it's just ***SOUL***
Sounds like history played a good part here.
Since there is prior history of both poor escalation and forecfully changing peoples characters/their appearance, and your horrendous note history with no indication of learning anything told to them, this has been brought up to a permanent ban.
Although I'm not sure if "forecfully [sic] changing peoples characters /their appearance" includes the whole hypno thing

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #724759

BonChoi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:36 am
Cheshify wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:36 am Do you guys just stalk the public permabans page
cat thing writes worst forum bait, asked to leave peanut
:shades: deal with it
Sorry Bonchoi my autism power level is too high to make bait that was a genuine question
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724761

Cheshify wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:25 pm Do you guys just stalk the public permabans page
My answer to this is...

As a single player, we do not constantly stalk the perma bans page...

But as a group? We are constantly watching the perma bans page. One person sees a funny ban, and BAM. Everyody knows. It's magic.

Pure player magic.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724762

Constellado wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:50 pm
Cheshify wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:25 pm Do you guys just stalk the public permabans page
- Pure snipping magic.-
Yeah, the grapevine stretched long and far, and the moment one grape heard what the little birdie told them, the grape at the other end knew just the same.
Walter brought back Crack.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724764

Yes. It’s funny seeing the reasons some people get banned and/or their less than stellar arguments on why they should be unbanned. I miss the goonstation ban appeal forum being public…
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #724782

i check the public permabans page about once a week because reading public permabans is sometimes really funny and other times its "alt evader of shitlickerhitlerlover1488"

its one of the fastest return investments of time to funniness i have access to and it works nearly every time
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #724787

I guess people's love for hot gossip knows no boundaries
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by scamoppi » #724790

i've never seen deathnote but what if there was a book like that and you just write somebody's ckey in there and then they get permabanned from tg
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #724799

Donglesplonge wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm i check the public permabans page about once a week because reading public permabans is sometimes really funny and other times its "alt evader of shitlickerhitlerlover1488"

its one of the fastest return investments of time to funniness i have access to and it works nearly every time
More often than not it's "alt of [x]" and then you get something like this
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #724800

CaptainKawoppi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:28 pm i've never seen deathnote but what if there was a book like that and you just write somebody's ckey in there and then they get permabanned from tg
It's called the banning panel
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #724804

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:56 am
Donglesplonge wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm i check the public permabans page about once a week because reading public permabans is sometimes really funny and other times its "alt evader of shitlickerhitlerlover1488"

More often than not it's "alt of [x]" and then you get something like this
That reminds me of a guy that got banned for being really creepy with another player character and seemed to be a repeat offender.
I imagine that there was more going on with the moth milk guy since 99.9% of stuff you can get banned for is something you would be told to stop doing before it reached the permaban level.

I did laugh at "ANOTHER instance of unwanted romantic advances" some people got issues I swear.

Some bans are really funny though, like people who just continually welder bomb or have a history of incredibly poor escalation issues. I'm really surprised we don't have a player club thread for funny/amusing ban reasons but those tend to be rare compared to the ones that are just an alt or a person that joins and starts spamming racial slurs in OOC/IC.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #724805

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:56 am More often than not it's "alt of [x]" and then you get something like this
► Show Spoiler
It was a meme of the round type beat if I recall correctly. Hopefully it gets hashed out. Quite unfortunate for all the parties involved. #freejemnor
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #724808

As fucked up as it is. Ryu and I are guilty of that in the past. We would log dive on the interesting and go
"oh my god. no no no no why..."
I don't do it as much anymore cause logs are alot and I have to deal with you folks.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #724812

Yeah.

Sometimes it's "Alt of John/Joe/Steve/Franklin/Name/Name2/Name3"

Other times it's just comedy gold.
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #724853

i've always been a sucker for funny and if i were to ever get permabanned i would hope all of you wonderful people could go "wow he was such a fucking idiot how did he think xxxxx was a good idea"

never settle for anything less than perfection when it comes to entertainment