Average Yellow rock setups

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Average Yellow rock setups

Post by iansdoor » #724636

I tend to make fun of this stupid engine cause the rock is just eh. Volume two is to be released as followed.
All my open air atmos make average 2.2mw of power without dying. Really isn't much need to filter out anything, but plasma. I hate this rock.
The start of condense, 25 tiles SM
The start of condense, 25 tiles SM
Screenshot_96.png (68.42 KiB) Viewed 540 times
What if we went smaller. 12 tiles
What if we went smaller. 12 tiles
Screenshot_100.png (32.91 KiB) Viewed 540 times
Smaller they demanded 9 tiles
Smaller they demanded 9 tiles
Screenshot_109.png (24.04 KiB) Viewed 540 times
Start of even less.
Start of even less.
Screenshot_118.png (26.92 KiB) Viewed 540 times
Functional one with a port to add in more fuel 6 tiles
Functional one with a port to add in more fuel 6 tiles
Screenshot_119.png (19.15 KiB) Viewed 540 times
One made by Alison 8 tiles
One made by Alison 8 tiles
Screenshot_120.png (22.57 KiB) Viewed 540 times
One made by Lola 8 tiles
One made by Lola 8 tiles
Screenshot_121.png (19.8 KiB) Viewed 540 times
Green
Green
Maybe you want it to cycle
Maybe you want it to cycle
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Average Yellow rock setups

Post by Timonk » #724639

Make a setup with as many shards as possible
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #724640

Timonk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:46 am Make a setup with as many shards as possible
Record is 30 by brick. Made sure that note was recorded correctly. I do have a gif of 28, but somehow it's too big for this forum even at 4.6MB
image1.png
Edit: I did not receive any power that shift with his 48MW into the system somehow.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #724644

iansdoor wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:50 am I do have a gif of 28, but somehow it's too big for this forum even at 4.6MB
Try embedding it with [img]
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #724669

These aren't the craziest but I did get to see them live which was fun. One of them is not even a supermatter pic but it was still funny enough to be included.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724676

OH LORD, MY NEWEST HYPERFIXATION IN A THREAD...

I wish I had more images, I've got a specific pattern of emitters I like to call, "the Butterfly." I'll try and snipe a pic some engineering round soon. It's destroyed in one of these images, so you can sorta see it, but the full thing in action is crazy to behold. The round these pics were taken during was a wild fucking engineering shift.

This first one was our CIMS during the top efficiency of the Supermatter; it turned blue and spawned a shitload of anomalies while remaining at 100% integrity.

Then, meteors struck, atmos slowdown hit, yadda yadda, we had to downscale and it stopped being blue and sucked ASS so in the last ten minutes of the entire round I whipped up a BSA!

We made sure everyone was on the shuttle and away from our area of effect, and then we shot the fucking Supermatter with a BSA. As Engineers do. It's basically a big emitter, right?

It instantly fucking deleted the SM and the shockwave of the BSA strike blew the area to SHREDS. In commemoration of Engibro Dan Boone and I immediately making the same reference;

Dude, Where's My Supermatter?
Walter brought back Crack.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #724683

DrAmazing343 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:49 pm oh lord
This post is absolute gold.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #724709

There should be some sort of funny interaction for firing the BSA directly into the supermatter. Make it turn into a singulo or a tesla or something.
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724722

All my SM setups are boring as heck.

I need to make some pipe spaghetti just for the fun.

Or just do more emitter art...
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #724736

It's a shame that stacking on emitters has no real effect.
unknown.png
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724744

zxaber wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:14 am -emitterstacksnip-
Yeah, naw, I 100% spend way too much time stacking as many emitters as humanly possible cuz I'm in it for the love of the game. I HAVE TO BUILD THE BUTTERFLY!

This is my most recent SM build, done entirely solo over a longer round. I got very lucky with good cargo and enough coworkers to just shrug off my responsibilities, and even tried my first CO2 dump and got up to nearly 10MW in the grid when hotwired!
My goal is to learn more sustainable CO2 use, and the plasma internal cooling system is gonna be my key there, I think, as well as figuring out how to N2O, as well. I wish emitters did more, but hey, gas is gamer.
Walter brought back Crack.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #724748

zxaber wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:14 am It's a shame that stacking on emitters has no real effect.
unknown.png
Normie hitscan emitters, yeah no, damage doesn't stack too well. BUT screw a real laser weapon into emitter. GOD, the damage output spikes like crazy. My favorite thing to do is a single 70 tile range accelerator laser cannon and that is 3.3mw per hit. If one was to add 50+ more tiles, laser ball colliding into the stupid yellow rock, would tesla every hit. I got a good gif of this, but limitations on the forum.
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724792

I had a crazy SM idea and I will attempt it today.

The station may run out of power or I might get dusted during setup but it will be worth it.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #724794

you can make a 1x1 engine by putting a portable heater, portable scrubber, and tesla coil on the same tile as the crystal using disposals pipes, and then power it with an emitter with a disabler

edit: or blow kisses at it
Spoiler:

iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #724828

Scriptis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:23 pm you can make a 1x1 engine by putting a portable heater, portable scrubber, and tesla coil on the same tile as the crystal using disposals pipes, and then power it with an emitter with a disabler

edit: or blow kisses at it
Not a true 1x1. No way to collect power. I'll give you a rating of 4 tiles, 2 less than mine
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #724831

Constellado wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:35 pm I had a crazy SM idea and I will attempt it today.

The station may run out of power or I might get dusted during setup but it will be worth it.
BEHOLD
behold, an SM.png
0 vents, 0 injectors, 9 scrubbers, 9 overclocked pumps and a some plasma cooling.

An atmos tech helped out with it. They got dusted half way through. We had a moment of silence.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler