Miner W Flexing Room

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Miner W Flexing Room

Post by DrAmazing343 » #725573

WE JUST DID A FULL CLEAR OF ALL LAVALAND BOSSES WITH TWO MINERS AND TWO TIDERS. I KNOW MOTHERFUCKERS WILL SEE THIS AND GO "OH I CAN DO THAT SOLO" BUT I'M JUST SO FUCKING PROUD RIGHT NOW AND MY MINER BROS WERE SO COOL AND AND AND AT ONE POINT ONE OF OUR TIDERS GOT DUSTED BUT THEN NOX LET US KILL THE LEGION TO TAKE THEM BACK FROM THE VERY HEART OF THE NECROPOLIS AND THEN WE WENT ON TO KILL BUBBLEGUM DURING OVERTIME WITH THE FUCKING THUNDERDOME CAMERA PLACED INTO BUBBLEGUM SO THE SHUTTLE COULD WATCH AND I GOT THIS SHIT ON VIDEO AND IT'S PEAK. IT'S SIMPLY FUCKING PEAK. GRAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Anyway, now that that's outta my system, flex YOUR miner w's
Walter brought back Crack.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: Miner W Flexing Room

Post by iansdoor » #725575

I am a cheap bastard and being an American to Terry, where my ping is 160+. I have used mining bots for years to clear out everything. The boys are 84-4 in megafauna takedowns.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #725585

I once slaughtered 3 ash drakes and a colossus at the same time. No idea how that shit was wacky. Also high TD played a Part in it soooo
winterseasalt
Byond Username: Winterseasalt

Post by winterseasalt » #725600

i beat bdm miner by myself recently i guess
Imageyou will eat zunda at the end of the worldImage
► Show Spoiler
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #725604

All fauna kills are a W
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #725607

now use a crusher
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #725616

I've done crusher BDM and Hiero using a cheese strat. I've not done it in a while so I don't know if it still works, but BDM basically lets you easily fight hiero due to that damage reduction so long as you timed it right. Otherwise I've only done those two with legit methods and upgrades (including crusher)

My only actual colossus kill I did with a regal pipegun and a lot of backpedalling.

I've killed....only a small handful of drakes? And I've never killed bubblegum but I got mighty close once.

Oh wait that's not true, I killed OLD bubbles. When he used to just walk straight towards you. That was a really, really bad version of bubbles.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #725619

I ONLY USE CRUSHERS RAAAAAAAAH. MINER CORP!!!!
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #725632

I don't play miner but I do enjoy making miners pissed off by pestering them to do the mining part of their job and then immediately using what they bring up for borg shells and mechs and then pestering them for more.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #725742

I got another colossus via rifle but unfortunately DrAmazing was sacrificed in the process. Definitely very easy to kill most bosses this way, if I had to be honest. I wonder how it will fair against bubbles. I'm, however, not using the shit rifles again, spending several seconds running away, dodging deathbolts and hammering the bolt to try to get it to rack is annoying a shit.
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #725745

Sakhno Precision Rifle my beloved... god forbid you put a Sport version in my hand, it may be my favorite gun in the whole game. The shitty Russian rifle v. Colossus was too good not to get in on.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #725746

I might try fighting megafauna with a pipegun next. Functionally just x4 Range PKA with some leeway. And having to load in new bullets manually could be fun.
Hernacious
Byond Username: Thugofneon

Post by Hernacious » #725751

I've killed everything that can be killed on lavaland and icemoon, and I've cleared all of lavaland with a crusher.
Nothing puts the fear of god in me greater than when the Collossus screams PERISH.
Henk :honk: :honkman:
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #725753

Hernacious wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:23 am I've killed everything that can be killed on lavaland and icemoon, and I've cleared all of lavaland with a crusher.
Nothing puts the fear of god in me greater than when the Collossus screams PERISH.
Perish is fucking awful but for me it's RETRIBUTION!

Especially since he'll sometimes call late, not at all, or you've just gotten him on screen again after his runechat disappears, so I eat a full serving of SHOTGUN to the mouth and dust immediately. It sucks.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #725809

Got two back to back colossi in one round. The hiero arena is an excellent spot to kill it. Those indestructible walls do a lot. Honestly, it feels nice to actually be doing the parts of lavaland I was always too nervous to try because of my latency. I really just had to compensate in some ways that I wasn't going to learn without trying.
gameaddict07
Byond Username: Gameaddict07

Post by gameaddict07 » #725824

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:44 am Perish is fucking awful but for me it's RETRIBUTION!

Especially since he'll sometimes call late, not at all, or you've just gotten him on screen again after his runechat disappears, so I eat a full serving of SHOTGUN to the mouth and dust immediately. It sucks.
You should keep your distance as much as you can. He repeats Retribution several times before switching to another attack. You should just hang back while he's shotgunning and move in when he finishes other moves.
Another important thing to keep in mind is how many hits you can safely get in after each attack. If you can figure that out and only attack when you're not in danger of being hit, then the only threats you have to deal with are the massive walls of projectiles caused by our 99% lag free servers.