Eye for an Eye justice leaves us all nutty.

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Eye for an Eye justice leaves us all nutty.

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #725673

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36018

I'm on the side of vekter here, this seems bizarre as hell for a lawyer to do. "Insane medical doctor" might, but why is the defense attorney pickling your eyeballs for being an escaped convict?
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: Eye for an Eye justice leaves us all nutty.

Post by Jacquerel » #725675

It's funny to imagine your lawyer saying "don't worry, we argued him down from 'execution' to 'eye removal'" but that does not seem to be what happened here.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #725677

Bro rushed the admin complaint too
Speedrunning FNR approval?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #725678

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36017

oh there's a complaint thread too
well if Vekter ever gets tired of borderline ridiculing this man and we need someone else to take on the task of providing no solutions to problems, refusing to deescalate, and not listening to the complainant, then I'm sure this thread will perform adequately as is tradition
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #725682

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:14 pm viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36017

oh there's a complaint thread too
well if Vekter ever gets tired of borderline ridiculing this man and we need someone else to take on the task of providing no solutions to problems, refusing to deescalate, and not listening to the complainant, then I'm sure this thread will perform adequately as is tradition
I can always just stop borderline ridiculing him and outright call him an idiot if he'd prefer.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #725688

This is the kind of lawyer you don't want defending you for anything
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #725691

Wait.

In his current complaint, (which dendy already closed), he says
this was ALSO the same admin that exalted the exact same behaviour a prior time to me, on a much worse scale as they had banned me for not even breaking any rules, but an AHELP itself.
And then links to a complaint where he ahelped Vekter and... had his ahelp ruled as an IC issue.

So while we're on the topic of lawyers, I would like to present to the jury compelling evidence that this guy is not only an idiot, but a liar as well.
The prosecution rests, your honor.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #725693

We should assemble a jury of his peers to decide whether he should be placed on FNR approval
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #725702

"I only said I would do it as a joke" isn't a defence which functions when following saying the thing, you then did the thing
DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #725707

1 day ban appeal what's the dang point.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #725709

>1 day ban
>I just said I would do it as a joke

BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #725713

DaBoss wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:07 pm 1 day ban appeal what's the dang point.
if you win the appeal it removes the note and they can reopen their complaint about vekter (it will go nowhere)
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #725714

I can imagine defending these actions if this had taken place in LRP, but, given that this took place on Manuel, the ban just seems... normal... what did he even expect?
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #725716

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:42 pm "I only said I would do it as a joke" isn't a defence which functions when following saying the thing, you then did the thing
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
conrad

Post by conrad » #725717

Gif is not related but "as a joke" hits the neuron connection for this movie every time and it's an excellent movie.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #725718

conrad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:20 pm Gif is not related but "as a joke" hits the neuron connection for this movie every time and it's an excellent movie.
THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY

YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

conrad

Post by conrad » #725728

Vekter wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:50 pm
conrad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:20 pm Gif is not related but "as a joke" hits the neuron connection for this movie every time and it's an excellent movie.
THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY

YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT
You story makes my heart heavy, and my prostate weak. 😔

My bladder is full to burst.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #725731

let them go... but only if they play for 1 week of having the blind trait selected
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #725733

Part of me wishes we had LOOC so people can communicate OOCly to say I don't want or like this. Torture RP I believe is fine UNLESS a person in it doesn't like it. And if somebody doesn't like it, it should stop immediately because it can be traumatic.

Speaking from experience.

If you are being tortured in game and it feels too far and you do not like it, even if it's from an antag, ahelp it I say. I have the firm belief that things like that should be honoured. Unless you are trying to game the admins, but admins are smart and can tell when things are not good.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #725734

Constellado wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 pm Part of me wishes we had LOOC so people can communicate OOCly to say I don't want or like this. Torture RP I believe is fine UNLESS a person in it doesn't like it. And if somebody doesn't like it, it should stop immediately because it can be traumatic.

Speaking from experience.

If you are being tortured in game and it feels too far and you do not like it, even if it's from an antag, ahelp it I say. I have the firm belief that things like that should be honoured. Unless you are trying to game the admins, but admins are smart and can tell when things went to far.
For the record, even if we had LOOC and Typhnox consented to what was happening, I still would have at least noted Lectu. The issue isn't so much "Typhnox was uncomfortable" as it was "This is really outside of what a security officer should be doing, much less a lawyer". It probably would have been less of a punishment but still noteworthy.
Spoiler:

BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #725738

Is it not okay to do a little torture every now and then? Asking for a friend...

(I totally didn't recently try to rip someone's laser gun implant out of their arm as the warden recently...)

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
conrad

Post by conrad » #725739

BonChoi wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:43 pm Is it not okay to do a little torture every now and then? Asking for a friend...

(I totally didn't recently try to rip someone's laser gun implant out of their arm as the warden recently...)
Get out more.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #725740

Well, torture wouldn't be the best way to put it, I wasn't getting weird with it or anything. They just kept going "ohh it would be harmful to bring me to medbay and have them take it out oohhhhh" and I got tired of all the bitching so I had an officer hold them down in the reeducation room while I tried to dig it out myself.

ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #725743

Constellado wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 pm Torture RP I believe is fine
The quarrel between two similarly-named people who tortured each other still lives in my head rent free, many moons later. Axle and Alec, I think it was.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #725748

torture rp is one of those borderline things where it's always shit to be on the receiving end of. "oof ouch owieee im so hurt oh no please stop hurting me i wont like it waaa" while the other person just fucks with you until they're bored.

it's fine if it has a purpose like you want information and there are stakes involved but when it's just for the weird enjoyment of the other player, and they start to seem like they're enjoying it too much, it gets so uncomfortable.

not saying that's specifically what's going on here, but i've had a few instances of experiencing this as a player and more often than not it just became a situation of "alright dude, there's no point to this any more, please just kill me now"
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
conrad

Post by conrad » #725752

Dendi touches the correct amount of grass.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #725760

Upon reflection and reading everyone's thoughts in this thread, although at the time this scenario had made me really uncomfortable, if I were to go through the same thing today, I guess I would not ahelp it under the same complaints I originally cited. I agree with how Vekter handled this, and the rules cited. The lawyer really had no justification to be gouging out my eyes, especially since I had never garnered any enmity with him whatsoever. Correct call on Vekter's part in every aspect.

I would however like to take this time to complain about the Manuel players in this shift. I was screaming on common channel for help, 3 times before the secoff removed my headset, and not only did everyone fluoride stare at the walls and not care, a doctor even came over and helped them by hand delivering them tools to use! Additionally, even when I was brought out from the surgery room into the central exam room and clearly told all the surrounding doctors and whatever random people were hanging out in the exam room (You know there's always a few) that security and the lawyer were torturing me and gouged out my eyes, they STILL didn't care. Some MRP server, is this how you guys would seriously act if you happened to be in a hospital lobby and you saw a cop and a lawyer pinning a prisoner to a bed in cuffs with their eyes gouged out screaming that the lawyer had ripped out and eaten their eyes, you would seriously just fluoride stare at the walls and be indifferent to the whole scenario, or maybe even help them torture the person by giving them more tools to work with? It wasn't until the Captain happened to come to the exam room and I begged them for help did anyone else care, and even then the medical staff only helped me under the Captain's direct commands! Such shoddy roleplay!

If any of you except the Captain from that shift dare to tell me you have high roleplay standards again, I can only look on you in disdain and speak to you with derision! You really bring shame to Manuel's RP reputation. Even Sybil is better than you Manuel players, and I'm tempted to try out Terry now, purely for the sake of comparing! I would hazard even they're better than you, and their reputation is that they're cleaver-wielding valid-hunting ooga-booga cavemen!
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #725761

@kieth4 deploy the cool it with the anti-Terry remarks gif
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #725762

NSFW:
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #725763

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 am @kieth4 deploy the cool it with the anti-Terry remarks gif
If I said even one incorrect thing in my last comment, may kieth4 strike me down for my sins! I'm not looking down on Terry, but no one can deny that what I said about that being their reputation is true. Frankly, I think that sort of playstyle I mentioned of them is charming in it's own way.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #725765

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 am @kieth4 deploy the cool it with the anti-Terry remarks gif
I have seen a few. I made sure that security died/demotied to trial IC via centcom investigating. Though they would be bwoinked if they fought back their actions of demotion. I dream of IC investigation that leads to a few day job ban from CentCom inspectors, that is a callback to what I saw on higher RP servers.
ekaterina

Post by ekaterina » #725773

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am their reputation is that they're cleaver-wielding valid-hunting ooga-booga cavemen!
Among who? Reputation is not universal. That's not their reputation on Terry, that's for sure.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #725777

Torture rp is best when you only add a pinch of it when handling someone you “hate” IC. Taking out their eyes or kneecapping them or giving them brain damage via physical trauma and then letting them stumble to med while the crew reacts to how low security is willing to go, along with giving whoever you tortured or a friend of theirs very good reason to do something huge for their revenge is peak. Something morally reprehensible that you do as the “good guy” opens a lot of RP opportunities that antags and nonantags can latch onto

Slapping someone on a bed in brig med and then spamming 7 surgeries in a row to get them to go ssd or catatonic or otherwise be permanently incapacitated is cringe because it severely limits the RP opportunities for everyone involved.
conrad

Post by conrad » #725778

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am You really bring shame to Manuel's RP reputation. Even Sybil is better than you Manuel players, and I'm tempted to try out Terry now, purely for the sake of comparing! I would hazard even they're better than you, and their reputation is that they're cleaver-wielding valid-hunting ooga-booga cavemen!
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #725780

mfw some maniac is screaming that security is hurting them over the radio (it happens every shift)

DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #725781

>see cries of "Sec is abusing me!"
>see lizard name
>do everything in my power to assist security
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #725786

the best course of action on manuel is to simply not deal with security because you will run into issues any which angle you approach dealing with security outside of a select few interactions

unless you're an antag

moral of the story? just get admins to give you antag
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #725787

Donglesplonge wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:44 pm the best course of action on manuel is to simply not deal with security because you will run into issues any which angle you approach dealing with security outside of a select few interactions

unless you're an antag

Are you saying, I have to wait 10 whole business days for antag?!
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #725788

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:30 am ....

Some MRP server, is this how you guys would seriously act if you happened to be in a hospital lobby and you saw a cop and a lawyer pinning a prisoner to a bed in cuffs with their eyes gouged out screaming that the lawyer had ripped out and eaten their eyes, you would seriously just fluoride stare at the walls and be indifferent to the whole scenario, or maybe even help them torture the person by giving them more tools to work with? It wasn't until the Captain happened to come to the exam room and I begged them for help did anyone else care, and even then the medical staff only helped me under the Captain's direct commands! Such shoddy roleplay!

If any of you except the Captain from that shift dare to tell me you have high roleplay standards again, I can only look on you in disdain and speak to you with derision! You really bring shame to Manuel's RP reputation. Even Sybil is better than you Manuel players, and I'm tempted to try out Terry now, purely for the sake of comparing! I would hazard even they're better than you, and their reputation is that they're cleaver-wielding valid-hunting ooga-booga cavemen!
you're real as fuck for saying this, but even if it's not for self-aware reasons, have you considered this is how a lot of people do react to everyday sorts of violence until a higher authority either authorizes them to join in or rallies them to shut it down?

it's all very exaggerated here, but what we used to call the "Citadel stare" is also the mechanism by which a lot of atrocity towards people unrelated to and made different from you is allowed to occur IRL

at the risk of being too political here: if you're on a safe computer and have the stomach for it, take a look at what's been done with some of the ISKP shooters from the Moscow concert attack recently. you can buy parts of them on auction. (edit add: i said at the risk of being too political: this basically happens and happened in the U.S. as part of the global war on terror. even if the wounds and dismemberments were in many cases psychologically lasting rather than physical, leaving behind people too broken and now too old in custody to ever really live outside again is what we did in Guantanamo and how many other places as of yet unnamed. you don't have to look far to find some great inhumanity people are okay with or even happy to slot themselves into - especially towards an outgroup.)
edit for a source, not too explicit, but it's WaPo so at least slightly vetted: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ ... torture/

also torture rp sucks shit. there's a reason it doesn't work IRL - it deprives you of as much agency as it takes that you will say and do anything to end it in the moment or kick it down the path. it's mostly about power and satisfaction rather than any material gain.

to borrow an illustrative quote from a piece of fiction, and warning, also explicit:
► Show Spoiler
the thing about torture that makes it so particularly heinous to imagine (and we touch on this in an RP sense) is that short of even just killing someone, the continued suffering and helplessness is part of the point

except this is RP, so you're instead wrestling whether it's worth it to write it out as a person, to either deal with the deprivations other players come up with or act like they worked - in either case, personally, not something I've ever found all too rewarding

wrt bystanders and the banality of evil among MRPers:
tweak the circumstances a bit and this is how some people, enough people at least, will act if they're not already.
Last edited by Higgin on Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feedback appreciated here <3
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #725790

this really isnt that deep guys
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #725792

Higgin wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 pm -word vomit-
What on earth are you guys on about?
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Higgin
In-Game Admin

Post by Higgin » #725794

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:31 pm
Higgin wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:13 pm -guh-
bwuh?
the point is that it's not failRP to ignore bad things being done to somebody else, even if you're OOCly unaware that it's what you're doing, when you consider how people deal with exposures to atrocities and authorized abuse IRL
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #725795

iansdoor wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:56 pm
Donglesplonge wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:44 pm the best course of action on manuel is to simply not deal with security because you will run into issues any which angle you approach dealing with security outside of a select few interactions

unless you're an antag

Are you saying, I have to wait 10 whole business days for antag?!
yeah you have to mail in the application with the 10 dollar check attached it kinda sucks but if its what it takes
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #725797

You know it’s a good Higgin post when he throws out the Waiting for the Barbarians quotation.

On the real, though? It’s kinda hard IC and OOC to stop steamrolling Sec unless it’s incredibly obvious, prolonged, and directly in front of you. I wasn’t in your round so I can’t speak to the events that went on, but last night a Captain demanded I only revive the Clown if I left him a nugget.

Point-blanked the motherfucker with “Why?” like six times and the Cap could never deliver, so we fixed ‘em up and got the poor dude moving and grooving again, but some people really do just look at the rank and not the man. Just so, some people really do sit on their rank and just Do Shit. It’s fucked up.
Walter brought back Crack.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #725798

Higgin wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:36 pm
bwuh?
the point is that it's not failRP to ignore bad things being done to somebody else, even if you're OOCly unaware that it's what you're doing, when you consider how people deal with exposures to atrocities and authorized abuse IRL
it's also the case that a lot of people might just not notice. it sucks to not get help (it's happened to me before and it's for sure frustrating) but it's not worth taking it personally and blaming them on an OOC level. except for the guy that brought them a retractor and didn't question what was going on. that was a bit weird.

i play a lot of medical and people screaming all around you in agony is about par for the course for an active medbay. i'm locked in on the life i'm trying to save. i've operated and revived people while gunfights and explosions are taking place around me and just not paid attention to it because i'm doing 5d chess in my head to figure out how to save this dude lying supine with their guts hanging out in front of me, it's something you just get used to as an MD.
NSFW:
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #725799

especially when the person screaming for help is a person wearing orange prison garb and is shackled to the operating table in handcuffs by security, with a lawyer present.

I feel that there are many times to complain about the bystander effect when you're being wronged but this isn't one of them lol

Higgin
In-Game Admin

Post by Higgin » #725800

dendydoom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:06 pm
bwuh?
it's also the case that a lot of people might just not notice. it sucks to not get help (it's happened to me before and it's for sure frustrating) but it's not worth taking it personally and blaming them on an OOC level. except for the guy that brought them a retractor and didn't question what was going on. that was a bit weird.

i play a lot of medical and people screaming all around you in agony is about par for the course for an active medbay. i'm locked in on the life i'm trying to save. i've operated and revived people while gunfights and explosions are taking place around me and just not paid attention to it because i'm doing 5d chess in my head to figure out how to save this dude lying supine with their guts hanging out in front of me, it's something you just get used to as an MD.
great point, it's not all at all willful - how many times in sec or med do you come around to only find out after the fact some fucked shit has happened or been enacted and have to triple take getting caught up? sometimes in the same brig or treatment center!
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #725802

dendydoom wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:06 pm
bwuh?

This is a fair take but I feel like it's a bit different when three different non-antags all took part in this. The lawyer who got banned, the secoff who helped him and was standing off to the side the whole time and kind of half approved of it, and the dude who actively helped them by bringing them tools. It's one thing if everyone is indifferent and I'm being ignored when I need help, fine, that happens all the time, who hasnt slowly bled out in crit while being ignored in a main hall surrounded by 7 people before, but the frustration level rises about 20000x times when it's multiple people getting actively involved in helping the bad situation along, as non-antags.

Sorry if I was a bit much in my first post in this thread, but as everyone has pointed out, a lot of people did a lot of really weird things in this shift to me. I'm okay now, I just had to rant a bit, that shift was very frustrating.
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #725803

+1 to getting caught up in work the quadruple-taking, eyes bulging out of your skull at the awful shit you missed during your personal D-Day
Walter brought back Crack.