I am the uncontested Vault safe king but the adminfriend is taking the fun out of the game and it's driving me crazy!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

I am the uncontested Vault safe king but the adminfriend is taking the fun out of the game and it's driving me crazy!

Post by Timonk » #726195

Bottom post of the previous page:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36042

I am honestly split on this. Krokodil is doing a harmless gimmick not annoying anyone and lenald is just grieving him for no reason

On the other hand lenald is allowed to do that

I think I should run HoS and arrest lenald for rushing a high security area round start. Opinions?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Re: I am the uncontested Vault safe king but the adminfriend is taking the fun out of the game and it's driving me crazy

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726260

BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:49 pm By my count (according to the logs of him getting shocked) this guy has broken into the vault THIRTY FUCKING EIGHT TIMES since the 24th of March.
Impressive dedication as well as unhealthy amount spent on the game. No suicides, no ghostings. Always helping crew out.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: I am the uncontested Vault safe king but the adminfriend is taking the fun out of the game and it's driving me crazy

Post by Jacquerel » #726261

BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:52 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:51 pm
BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:49 pm By my count (according to the logs of him getting shocked) this guy has broken into the vault THIRTY FUCKING EIGHT TIMES since the 24th of March.
he's been electrocuted while breaking into the vault 38 times, theres always a chance there were more rounds where he just didnt hit a shock wire on the way in
No, I separated all of the rounds out and removed the repeats in my count. There are 38 unique round IDs in there.
no what I mean is, it's only round IDs where the door shocked him
there might be more rounds that are not in the logs because the door did not shock him in those rounds

38 is the minimum, the actual number could be higher
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #726263

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:48 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:25 pm Why does this appeal mention Lenald so much? It doesnt feel very relevant. If this appeal is to be accepted the ”lenald admin cabal” angle isnt likely to work, you should instead focus on why you did the right thing or why what you did was justified.
Since we are noticing alot, lets notice that an adminfriend is using metagaming information to be a dick for no other reason than they dislike somebody.
Ban request forum is long closed. Ahelp when it actually happens in round instead.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #726264

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:53 pm Impressive dedication as well as unhealthy amount spent on the game. No suicides, no ghostings. Always helping crew out.
your last two rounds were spent suiciding because you a) weren't antag and b) couldn't get your vault loot

again this is lame as hell and is well-deserving of a note
Spoiler:

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #726265

dendydoom wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:20 pm i will never be comfortable demanding that people play the game. it is not something that i will ever act on administratively. they are free to quit for whatever reason they like. but if you (not specifically you, but the royal you) quit the game because you lost or something happened that you don't like, then to be perfectly honest it makes you a sore loser and you are harming the experience of others, which will have an impact on their view of you as a player.

That makes sense, yeah. People being a good sport is surprisingly important to ss13 being (and staying) fun!

dendydoom wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:13 pm i just want to say that the vault is a secure area, it's a VAULT, and my reading of this detects the implication that the "newfriend" hos wasn't acting appropriately to put a stop to it. i could be wrong here, but i would like to take the opportunity to clearly state that breaking into a restricted area is grounds for being arrested. you aren't entitled to items that aren't job-specific, especially not items locked behind 2 doors and reinforced walls.
I do wish people would actually treat more secure areas as, well, secure. No sec officer gives the slightest shit about EVA, Teleporter, etc breakins now that they arent traitor objectives, and every single round begins with multiple greyshirts openly cruising in/smashing down the shutters in 10 seconds or so, taking a bunch of metal, jetpacks, the hand tele, etc., even though EVA is a restricted Command area that only sec and heads get and even most heads of staff dont get Teleporter access.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726266

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:54 pm
BonChoi wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:52 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:51 pm
he's been electrocuted while breaking into the vault 38 times, theres always a chance there were more rounds where he just didnt hit a shock wire on the way in
No, I separated all of the rounds out and removed the repeats in my count. There are 38 unique round IDs in there.
no what I mean is, it's only round IDs where the door shocked him
there might be more rounds that are not in the logs because the door did not shock him in those rounds

38 is the minimum, the actual number could be higher
See the edit :lol:
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #726267

I find it a little funny he calls the vault loot drip when the drip includes a Makarov, telescopic baton, suppressor and sunglasses. Other than that there's just a suit in there that you could probably get from dorms.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726268

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:59 pm I do wish people would actually treat more secure areas as, well, secure. No sec officer gives the slightest shit about EVA, Teleporter, etc breakins now that they arent traitor objectives, and every single round begins with multiple greyshirts openly cruising in/smashing down the shutters in 10 seconds or so, taking a bunch of metal, jetpacks, the hand tele, etc., even though EVA is a restricted Command area that only sec and heads get and even most heads of staff dont get Teleporter access.
To be honest I believe IC and OOC that EVA should be open to everyone so that they're able to do what they would like - especially assistants. Not a huge fan of the teleporter break-ins though, but for some stupid fucking reason NT decided to leave a very sensitive piece of technology sitting on a table behind just one regular airlock in a place where everyone can see it through a window on most maps.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #726269

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:48 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:25 pm Why does this appeal mention Lenald so much? It doesnt feel very relevant. If this appeal is to be accepted the ”lenald admin cabal” angle isnt likely to work, you should instead focus on why you did the right thing or why what you did was justified.
Since we are noticing alot, lets notice that an adminfriend is using metagaming information to be a dick for no other reason than they dislike somebody.
Read what I said again. Also ahelp this? Im not sure in what world you think Lenald is above the law but I assure you that nobody is.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726270

IIRC in code we did actually lower EVA to not require a command-access slot to put on someone's ID card or something of the like, purely because there really isn't any reason for it to count as a secure area any more.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726272

TheRex9001 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:05 pm Read what I said again. Also ahelp this? Im not sure in what world you think Lenald is above the law but I assure you that nobody is.
I understand that nobody is above the law, but after all the mental gymnastics there were with Janice in order to paint them white. Oh man.
Rageguy505 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:02 pm I find it a little funny he calls the vault loot drip when the drip includes a Makarov, telescopic baton, suppressor and sunglasses. Other than that there's just a suit in there that you could probably get from dorms.
The cool looking bag, never forget.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #726273

lmao he ignored my post
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726274

Vekter wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:33 pm This is not something a well-adjusted person says. I hate to break it to you, but we don't ignore bad actions from people just because the person sometimes plays games with us. Lenald didn't break the rules.
I gotchu buddy, no worries.

I have pointed out that they were breaking Rule 2 as well as Rule 1 by using metaknowledge about other player's actions and then going out of their way to prevent those actions or do things to cause the maximum amount of grief for no other reason than "lol its just funny".

You also said I am cringe. Yes, I agree.
DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #726275

Let's be real, the reason this is happening on Metastation in particular is because of the extra gamer gear in the vault on that map. Besides the piggy bank, an insignificant amount of gold/silver, the useless belt and the secret docs that have zero value to anyone but antagonists, the metastation vault has these items in the safe.

https://i.imgur.com/tLQnNQG.png

Duffel bag just has a full set of clothes including gloves, the silver id is a real silver id but it starts with no access. The disabler is the clear goal here, and I posit that the accused is breaking in for this disabler because they are a weenie baby who is too scared to mug a security officer for one or feels that they wouldn't be able to justify this gimmick if they were breaking into security's areas and smashing the lockers. Maybe they can't muster the courage to attack brig's lockers and aren't satisfied with the items from the departmental/aux security outposes because those lockers got nerfed because weenie babies kept breaking them for effort-free loot. Maybe they just feel that cargo is easier to beat in a fight than security.

If the admin steps in to say "keep this shit to antag rounds please" then fair enough, surely? Experimenting with breaking and entering and practicing committing minor crimes is fine as non-antag, but how much of this is honest experimentation with the game for gimmicky reasons and how much of this is just gamering a disabler and spare anonymous identity every round for an advantage? It's not even as though antag rounds are terribly rare right now, especially conversion ones like revs.

Furthermore: if those items are crucial, there are other ways to get them. The most obvious is bribing the damn QM for the items. You could do a single bounty and that is usually enough for cargo to buy you a disabler crate no questions asked, they might even break it open for you. Same with the silver ID. You could play any of the cargo roles and just buy it yourself.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #726276

Just move RPR 10 to the main rules, since the "metaknowledge of a gimmick that a player does all the fucking time" policy ruling that was linked already kinda half implies it anyway.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726277

DaBoss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:21 pm If the admin steps in to say "keep this shit to antag rounds please" then fair enough, surely? Experimenting with breaking and entering and practicing committing minor crimes is fine as non-antag, but how much of this is honest experimentation with the game for gimmicky reasons and how much of this is just gamering a disabler and spare anonymous identity every round for an advantage? It's not even as though antag rounds are terribly rare right now, especially conversion ones like revs.
to be clear it seems like the noted player does not even object to any factual element of the note or that an admin asked them to cut it out
they just don't want to have a note, and the reason they don't want the note to be there is that they don't like having the note
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #726278

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:05 pm IIRC in code we did actually lower EVA to not require a command-access slot to put on someone's ID card or something of the like, purely because there really isn't any reason for it to count as a secure area any more.
(I don't really know how the new ID slot system code works, I just know internally its still handled as a Command access. It might have been so that sec could still have it when the access type change was made?)

It's just always kinda strange how people are so casual about handing out spacesuits these days given how exposed a lot of critical/secure areas are to space on most maps. Like, traitors pay telecrystals/ lings have powers for a spacesuit but what's the point when you can just smash down the EVA shutters in a few seconds and take one that doesnt make you valid, you know? But if we're leaning into the "space gear being freely available is expected and intended behaviour" we could always hand EVA off to Supply.
Last edited by Not-Dorsidarf on Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726279

DaBoss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:21 pm Let's be real, the reason this is happening on Metastation in particular is because of the extra gamer gear in the vault on that map. Besides the piggy bank, an insignificant amount of gold/silver, the useless belt and the secret docs that have zero value to anyone but antagonists, the metastation vault has these items in the safe.

https://i.imgur.com/tLQnNQG.png

Duffel bag just has a full set of clothes including gloves, the silver id is a real silver id but it starts with no access. The disabler is the clear goal here, and I posit that the accused is breaking in for this disabler because they are a weenie baby who is too scared to mug a security officer for one or feels that they wouldn't be able to justify this gimmick if they were breaking into security's areas and smashing the lockers. Maybe they can't muster the courage to attack brig's lockers and aren't satisfied with the items from the departmental/aux security outposes because those lockers got nerfed because weenie babies kept breaking them for effort-free loot. Maybe they just feel that cargo is easier to beat in a fight than security.

If the admin steps in to say "keep this shit to antag rounds please" then fair enough, surely? Experimenting with breaking and entering and practicing committing minor crimes is fine as non-antag, but how much of this is honest experimentation with the game for gimmicky reasons and how much of this is just gamering a disabler and spare anonymous identity every round for an advantage? It's not even as though antag rounds are terribly rare right now, especially conversion ones like revs.

Furthermore: if those items are crucial, there are other ways to get them. The most obvious is bribing the damn QM for the items. You could do a single bounty and that is usually enough for cargo to buy you a disabler crate no questions asked, they might even break it open for you. Same with the silver ID. You could play any of the cargo roles and just buy it yourself.
I never broke in as an antag as I found it to be of poor taste and a bit too powergamey. Since my gimmick was "hey, its me again in the vault" and being crew/sec aligned rather than "hurr durr I get more gear, I pretent to help and they won't do anything about it". Sometimes I even put the gear into dorms 4 locker if I was converted or got midround antag. I also pointed out that I rarely took the disabler and when I did I used it to show gratitude to cargo techs/QMs by giving it to them.

The note is harsh and unjustified. There is little to no reason to slap me with a Rule 1 griefing note.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726280

The best peanut threads are where the appellant tries to plead their case in the peanut thread.

Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #726281

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:25 pm The note is harsh and unjustified. There is little to no reason to slap me with a Rule 1 griefing note.
Would you feel that it's no longer unjustifiably harsh if all the un-needed stuff/context was removed and it was just changed to the pure recordskeeping
"Asked to stop breaking into the vault as an assistant at the start of every round and to instead communicate with or be the Captain/QM if they want to grab gear from the vault on a semi-regular basis."
?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726283

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:25 pm
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:05 pm IIRC in code we did actually lower EVA to not require a command-access slot to put on someone's ID card or something of the like, purely because there really isn't any reason for it to count as a secure area any more.
(I don't really know how the new ID slot system code works, I just know internally its still handled as a Command access. It might have been so that sec could still have it when the access type change was made?)

It's just always kinda strange how people are so casual about handing out spacesuits these days given how exposed a lot of critical/secure areas are to space on most maps. Like, traitors pay telecrystals/ lings have powers for a spacesuit but what's the point when you can just smash down the EVA shutters in a few seconds and take one that doesnt make you valid, you know? But if we're leaning into the "space gear being freely available is expected and intended behaviour" we could always hand EVA off to Supply.
The change made was basically so the HoP can put EVA access on any ID card whereas previously it could only be put on a Silver ID Card which are normally reserved for heads of staff.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #726284

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:20 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:33 pm This is not something a well-adjusted person says. I hate to break it to you, but we don't ignore bad actions from people just because the person sometimes plays games with us. Lenald didn't break the rules.
I gotchu buddy, no worries.

I have pointed out that they were breaking Rule 2 as well as Rule 1 by using metaknowledge about other player's actions and then going out of their way to prevent those actions or do things to cause the maximum amount of grief for no other reason than "lol its just funny".

You also said I am cringe. Yes, I agree.
I shouldn't entertain this, because it's literally just "I got in trouble for doing something I know I shouldn't be doing, so I'm going to deflect onto someone else who seems like an easy target", but nothing they did actually breaks the rules. You have no explicit proof that what they did was inherently because you were breaking into the vault as much as you were, and even if you had that proof, the most they would get is being told to adminhelp it next time instead of taking it into their own hands.

This would happen regardless of who it is. Them playing a completely unrelated video game with an admin does not mean they get preferential treatment.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726285

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:27 pm
Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:25 pm The note is harsh and unjustified. There is little to no reason to slap me with a Rule 1 griefing note.
Would you feel that it's no longer unjustifiably harsh if all the un-needed stuff/context was removed and it was just changed to the pure recordskeeping
"Asked to stop breaking into the vault as an assistant at the start of every round and to instead communicate with or be the Captain/QM if they want to grab gear from the vault on a semi-regular basis."
?
Potentially. The ideal outcome would be no note and we just have the appeal as a funny piece of history. I would change my gameplay patterns as a reasonable talking to would be enough for me and there doesn't have to be any persistent negative consequences.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726286

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:27 pm
?
I think this would be fair tbh.

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726287

Vekter wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:29 pm I shouldn't entertain this, because it's literally just "I got in trouble for doing something I know I shouldn't be doing, so I'm going to deflect onto someone else who seems like an easy target", but nothing they did actually breaks the rules. You have no explicit proof that what they did was inherently because you were breaking into the vault as much as you were, and even if you had that proof, the most they would get is being told to adminhelp it next time instead of taking it into their own hands.

This would happen regardless of who it is. Them playing a completely unrelated video game with an admin does not mean they get preferential treatment.
I wish it was so and I was not getting metagriefed round after round by a single person who thought it would be funny to do so.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #726288

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:13 pm if an admin does not note something and theres no record then its up to someone thinking to ask a different admin on discord if this guy has done a thing before
and it's worth considering from the player side that this is not ideal at all, because players are not privy to this conversation and have no oversight over how admins interpret their behaviour as a player.

notes make both players and admins accountable. if an admin makes a ruling based on a note, then they are beholden to ensuring the reasoning is sound. if an admin makes a decision based on a conversation that happened offhandedly in adminbus, then the player isn't aware of the process and can't even fairly appeal it with the full context.

adminbus gossiping is much, much worse than a note.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #726290

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:37 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:29 pm I shouldn't entertain this, because it's literally just "I got in trouble for doing something I know I shouldn't be doing, so I'm going to deflect onto someone else who seems like an easy target", but nothing they did actually breaks the rules. You have no explicit proof that what they did was inherently because you were breaking into the vault as much as you were, and even if you had that proof, the most they would get is being told to adminhelp it next time instead of taking it into their own hands.

I wish it was so and I was not getting metagriefed round after round by a single person who thought it would be funny to do so.
>I'm being metagrudged by someone round after round!
"Do you have any proof?"
>I'M BEING METAGRUDGED BY SOMEONE ROUND AFTER ROUND!
Spoiler:

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726291

Yeah, I posted the griefconga in here after that you can just look up Metastation rounds where Improvedname is playing QM either as Lenald or Gaslights-The-People. There are of course snippets of them talking trash about me and expressing their dislike towards me, which solidifies the metagrudging/metagriefing aspect. Since my appeal has little to do with "don't let this drop", then it would be not productive spending time and finding all the instances.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726293

Timonk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:37 am
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:27 am replying to your own peanut is triple cringe
shit man shoulda warned him, but i decided against it

yall tripping for calling this metagaming
what he gets from opening the safe is drip, a syndie dufflebag, the champion belt, a swaggy chain and if i remember correctly a single charge of C4. whats metagaming about that? i personally can confirm that he goes to medbay to do medbay stuff with that.
he ghosted out when the HoS arrested him because he wanted to do torture RP, which i understand ghosting out from.
and i like to think that he wouldnt suicide when nothing is in the safe when it isnt obvious hes being fucked with by a guy going QM for the sole reason to fuck with him (what the fuck?)

Krokodil did nothing wrong, and i will die on this hill unless new information comes to light
The vault safe gives you a syndie bag with armour, a baton, a Makarov, and a suppressor
DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #726294

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:28 am 20 minutes of trial and then getting shot is not fun roleplaying.
Bro's out of your mind, trials are the best shit this game has to offer, i'm sorry you can't appreciate them.
- Brazilian Manuel Player

DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #726295

Also, whether or not the QM is metagrudging you doesn't really change the fact that your "gimmick" (emphasis on the quotation marks here) is detrimental to the rounds, and that you clearly just want the gamer gear and not much else.
AND the QM is all within their right to stop you from doing that, it's your fault really for being so fucking predictable, again, look at the headmin ruling:
While this is a roleplay game, we are humans who are capable of recognizing patterns. Don't go out of your way every round to stop someone's typical strategy, but you can respond or react to it if you see the starting signs of it start to show. If you're doing the same thing round after round and people start to complain about it, maybe it's time to change things up. Admins can possibly ask people to try different tactics if it's getting boring.
And besides, if you feel you are being metagrudged, ahelp it, your ban appeal is not really the place to accuse them of metagrudging, it just makes you look like you're deflecting blame.
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726296

it makes it look that way because thats what is happening
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #726298

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 pm Yeah, I posted the griefconga in here after that you can just look up Metastation rounds where Improvedname is playing QM either as Lenald or Gaslights-The-People. There are of course snippets of them talking trash about me and expressing their dislike towards me, which solidifies the metagrudging/metagriefing aspect. Since my appeal has little to do with "don't let this drop", then it would be not productive spending time and finding all the instances.
QM and cargo tech collectively make up 11 hours of their playtime over the last 30 days, are you telling me they only play it when you're around and specifically only to cuck you from breaking into the vault?

If it has nothing to do with your appeal, then why bring it up unless you're explicitly trying to deflect? I don't have an issue with you personally, but I feel like situations where players blame admin bias for their misdeeds should be severely ridiculed so others don't do it.
Spoiler:

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726299

There is no blame to be deflected. Somebody has been going out of their way to stop someone else's "typical strategy". If they had an issue with it, maybe they should have ahelped rather than just blatantly metagame and metagrief?

The issue started with "why you ghost/suicide fnr?", I had reasons, pointed them out. Now we are discussing whether going to vault is right or wrong.

I did ahelp when they got me brigged over sunglasses at round start with a claim that I had broken into the lawyer's office. Never saw them nor anybody around. Vents observed me, nothing came of it. Could have ask how they knew I had stolen them etc.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #726302

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 pm There is no blame to be deflected. Somebody has been going out of their way to stop someone else's "typical strategy". If they had an issue with it, maybe they should have ahelped rather than just blatantly metagame and metagrief?

The issue started with "why you ghost/suicide fnr?", I had reasons, pointed them out. Now we are discussing whether going to vault is right or wrong.

I did ahelp when they got me brigged over sunglasses at round start with a claim that I had broken into the lawyer's office. Never saw them nor anybody around. Vents observed me, nothing came of it. Could have ask how they knew I had stolen them etc.
I've been talked to about calming down on gimmicks before too man. Vekter got angy (And by that I mean he politely asked me to stop and noted me) at me for HFR nuking the station a bit too often before. This isn't a unique situation. If you were breaking in once or twice a day and then waiting for 3 or 4 days, no admin would have said a peep. Instead, you've done it so often that people are memeing on the sheer number of times you've done it in this thread and trying to see the *checks notes* literal dozens of times they can find.

Also, besides the fact that the lawyer's office is one of the few places that sunglasses exist, you know forensics exists, right?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726303

by the way, how do you guys like my thread title?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726304

Bit of a mouthful
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726305

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 pm There is no blame to be deflected. Somebody has been going out of their way to stop someone else's "typical strategy". If they had an issue with it, maybe they should have ahelped rather than just blatantly metagame and metagrief?

The issue is you having a "typical strategy" where you rush gamer gear every round. This is a spess role playing game
DaBoss
Byond Username: VICIOUS O REILLY

Post by DaBoss » #726308

EmpressMaia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:54 pm The vault safe gives you a syndie bag with armour, a baton, a Makarov, and a suppressor
Oh yeah, this is in a seperate case that used to have nothing but was fixed late 2022. That's a lotta gear, deltastation has a deagle in its safe too for some reason. This is more along the lines of stealing bridge's axe or armory's contraband locker as assistant, makarovs are immensely lethal if used properly - maybe worse than the axe because it's pocketable and baggable. I don't really get the reasoning that this is lame for an antag to do but okay for a non antag to do? Isn't breaking into the vault something we want antags to do and crew not to?

As for the friend of the admin thing, I don't doubt that this is the case in a small community like this. I don't think them having an e-friendship is proof of admin corruption though, if proof exists that the admins are selectively enforcing or not enforcing rules maybe gather that up and post in admin complaints where it will actually go somewhere. Putting it on your ban appeal, frankly, makes you look like a wingnut.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726309

Timonk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 pm by the way, how do you guys like my thread title?
i like it makes me think of one of those really long light novel titles
maybe throw in some isekai elements next time
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #726310

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:44 pm
Timonk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:41 pm by the way, how do you guys like my thread title?
HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT

The thread title just went up 3 whole points for me based on this post alone
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726311

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:37 pm I've been talked to about calming down on gimmicks before too man. Vekter got angy (And by that I mean he politely asked me to stop and noted me) at me for HFR nuking the station a bit too often before. This isn't a unique situation. If you were breaking in once or twice a day and then waiting for 3 or 4 days, no admin would have said a peep. Instead, you've done it so often that people are memeing on the sheer number of times you've done it in this thread and trying to see the *checks notes* literal dozens of times they can find.

Also, besides the fact that the lawyer's office is one of the few places that sunglasses exist, you know forensics exists, right?
Its not the same situation. First of all my gimmick was not destructive or nor affected people to the point where they would light up the ahelps with "THIS FUCKING GUY IS DOING THIS SHIT AGAIN". My gimmick wasn't an issue until I blueballed a seccie who wanted for me to watch my execution in body, now suddenly I am a red flag and on 10 different watchlists and after that specificly being set up by the admins. No suicides/ghostings before. And yet now he suicides. Why is that? We have figured it out why, right?

As for forensics, when, where and how? You can check the round 226701. Now of course they can check the logs and see how exactly I entered.

Also oh noes....

Code: Select all

02:07:53	SAY	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) "arrest krokodil"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:07:56	SAY	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) "stole lawyers sunglasses"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:08:05	EMOTE	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) nods.	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:08:10	SAY	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) "or do you want to wait"	(129, 132, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:08:11	EMOTE	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) points at the floor	(137, 130, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:08:11	EMOTE	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) points at Bradley Howard	(137, 130, 2)	Bar Lounge
02:08:14	SAY	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) "oiptionally"	(141, 131, 2)	Bar Lounge
[b]02:08:19	SAY	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) "you can you wait for him to get into vault"	(142, 131, 2)	Bar Lounge[/b]
02:08:24	SAY	Improvedname/(Lenald Wabbite) (mob_3408) "and get a makerov that way"	(142, 131, 2)	Bar Lounge
... no metagaming here.

The title is of masterwork quality, Timonk.
Last edited by Istoprocent1 on Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
COwlbear
Byond Username: Cowboy Owlbear

Post by COwlbear » #726312

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:44 pm
Was about to say the same, maybe add in an interrobang next time for flavor?
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726313

Is this one of those Japanese animes I've heard so much about
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #726314

finally, some good fucking appeals to read. The note isn't even that bad, and the admin even took it in good faith that he was only going for the "drip" when they appear to have also grabbed all the gamer gear in the vault as well.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #726315

Timonk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:37 am
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:27 am replying to your own peanut is triple cringe
shit man shoulda warned him, but i decided against it

yall tripping for calling this metagaming
what he gets from opening the safe is drip, a syndie dufflebag, the champion belt, a swaggy chain and if i remember correctly a single charge of C4. whats metagaming about that? i personally can confirm that he goes to medbay to do medbay stuff with that.
he ghosted out when the HoS arrested him because he wanted to do torture RP, which i understand ghosting out from.
and i like to think that he wouldnt suicide when nothing is in the safe when it isnt obvious hes being fucked with by a guy going QM for the sole reason to fuck with him (what the fuck?)

Krokodil did nothing wrong, and i will die on this hill unless new information comes to light
Auctally he gets a suspicous dufflebag a makerov and a telebaton from vault
The future is horrible!
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #726317

I walked just past in my blue suit from dorms when you exited it
The future is horrible!
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #726318

can someone please illuminate me on what is supposedly inaccurate about the note because i'm not reading that novella
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726319

How is this any different from security looting the contraband locker every round that rng rewards them with a gun.

Both locations are (socially) inaccessible, the contraband locker is.... contraband...and the vault safe is locked away...although not specifically labeled contraband it's probably trespass to get into there, the room itself is often used by literally anyone and everyone that wants to link the ore silo and silicons are not reluctant at all to let people in, im often let in just to take the round start gold that spawns in one of the crates.

This note can kind of be interpreted that round start gamer gear that doesn't belong to a specific job is kind of a policy nightmare.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #726320

Ezel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:24 pm I walked just past in my blue suit from dorms when you exited it
Could you be more specific about what you saw? Was there anything particular or was it just quick in and out?
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #726321

Epoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:27 pm can someone please illuminate me on what is supposedly inaccurate about the note because i'm not reading that novella
Lizard rushes vault loot every meta round as assistant(telebaton makerov silencer suspicous dufflebag) doesn't get it suicides.
Claims hes doing it for the drip the round where i left the drip on the ground(he did not get the drip, clearly he was doing it for the makerov telebaton
Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:28 pm
Ezel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:24 pm I walked just past in my blue suit from dorms when you exited it
Could you be more specific about what you saw? Was there anything particular or was it just quick in and out?
I saw you exit from lawyer office(from a broken window) when i just passed pay and relayed that information to bradley
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:27 pm How is this any different from security looting the contraband locker every round that rng rewards them with a gun.

Both locations are (socially) inaccessible, the contraband locker is.... contraband...and the vault safe is locked away...although not specifically labeled contraband it's probably trespass to get into there, the room itself is often used by literally anyone and everyone that wants to link the ore silo and silicons are not reluctant at all to let people in.

This note can kind of be interpreted that round start gamer gear that doesn't belong to a specific job is kind of a policy nightmare.
I don't suicide each time the unica doesn't roll in the contrabrand locker
Last edited by Ezel on Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The future is horrible!