How many paragraphs can we write before getting to the point?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

How many paragraphs can we write before getting to the point?

Post by Jacquerel » #726700

OR: this whole appeal could have been a ban request

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36058

1085 words completely unrelated to the ban which you could replace with "I was annoyed before the round started".
340 words which could be replaced with "I blew up some guy as a nonantagonist because I was mad for unrelated reasons" (a very normal thing people get banned for all the time).

No words spent on "any reason I should not have had a 24 hour ban".
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: How many paragraphs can we write before getting to the point?

Post by EmpressMaia » #726702

We should put all tg players through a college lit class
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726703

i cant even come up with a light novel title for this
the pAI mustve been laughing his ass off the whole time
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726705

Fun fact: this is the guy who copped a 14 day ban from the Discord for posting his "grudge list" in #mrp-general, saying "Today I have decided to cause drama"
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726706

What has been going on with MetaGruding recently
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Re:Mad - I am still mad even though a new round has started

Post by Timonk » #726707

Okay I got a title
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #726709

His long-winded tirade would be better if he had any grasp of the English language, but it seems that he lacks both brevity and knowledge of grammar.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726710

BonChoi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 pm Fun fact: this is the guy who copped a 14 day ban from the Discord for posting his "grudge list" in #mrp-general, saying "Today I have decided to cause drama"
What.
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #726712

If Yobro reads this, general piece of advice:

Put the main points you want somebody to take action on up front, at the end, and keep the middle limited to the stuff that supports those points (primacy and recency effects.)

In this case, lead with something like
"I want this ban lifted or the note amended. The ban itself is overall valid because I overescalated on the guy, but I felt like I was getting griefed at the moment.

I'd been having a bad night with previous rounds and didn't represent myself well - for some additional context, here's what had been going on although I understand it doesn't bear directly on the round in question.

<your writeup here - put it in spoilers for the sake of your readers if you can admit it's not directly relevant. they'll appreciate it and won't feel like they're getting bombarded with irrelevance.>

'Thanks for your time' or some other signoff - or, include any questions or specific requests for a note/ban change here for emphasis.
Being pissed off and having a bad night are not themselves mitigating factors for a ban after killing someone and leaving then lay. A day ban for an unjustified kill or overescalation incident like this is not prescribed but pretty common.

I feel bad for Dunham catching what seem to be all these sorts of specious tickets, appeals, and complaints recently.
feedback appreciated here <3
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726713

I have a stark feeling that this is just what happens on Manuel "after hours™ "

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #726715

i'm leaking my adminbus summary because not even chatgpt could summarize this properly and i had to actually sit down and properly read through it:
first monstrous paragraph: they were robbed by a spy while afk and then tried to get help from the chef who was unfortunately an opportunistic heretic

second paragraph: they try to gear up but the AI stops them from getting holodeck gear and the roboticist ignores them

third monstrous paragraph: they continue in some sort of insanely complicated comedy of errors to get gear and fail and keep breaking in to places to get items, eventually getting into a rodded armoury and get da gear, but after stepping in a bear trap they miss the shuttle and their chance at revenge goes with it

fourth paragraph (where they actually talk about the ban reason): in the next round an engineer deconstructs a tool vendor they're using and they flip shit and welderbomb him, finish off his burning body and then leave him there
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726716

why'd you waste your time i summarised it in the op
smdh
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #726717

yeah keep noddin gandalf see what happens
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726718

as more info has come to light I would just like to draw attention to the fact that I think that the way our round end report can say "John Mellons was a Spy (died as Gorilla 776)" means we are making a good video game
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Re:Mad - I am still mad even though a new round has started

Post by Vekter » #726719

The situation is confusing because I still cannot for the life of me figure out why the fuck overwatch_voice did that, it's such a weird, out-of-pocket thing to do that if Yobro had just crit him and taken him to medical I would be tempted to go "Yeah okay that's fair". Just a strange thing to do with no benefit to anyone, not even yourself. But he's an antag, so I guess that's all the reason he needs.

This was definitely over-escalation though, and I think Yobro owes me $5 for how long it took me to read all that shit for only like 20% of it to matter.
Timonk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:35 pm Okay I got a title
2/10 see me after class
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726721

BonChoi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:48 pm I have a stark feeling that this is just what happens on Manuel "after hours™ "
The sundowning of LRP and non metafriend players on Manuel is CRAZY
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #726722

I can't believe Dendy admits to using chatgpt for shame.

But I've been in this dudes shoes before and autistic long posting aside I too would probably beat the shit out of an engineer for being an asshole like that.
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #726723

Vekter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm The situation is confusing because I still cannot for the life of me figure out why the fuck overwatch_voice did that, it's such a weird, out-of-pocket thing to do that if Yobro had just crit him and taken him to medical I would be tempted to go "Yeah okay that's fair". Just a strange thing to do with no benefit to anyone, not even yourself. But he's an antag, so I guess that's all the reason he needs.

It’s really fun to find small ways to fuck with specific people/departments as antag in a way that is kinda lost when you are doing grand sabotage / murderbone. It’s like a personalized trolling
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #726724

DaydreamIQ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm I can't believe Dendy admits to using chatgpt for shame.
it's actually amazing for summarizing long articles that were mostly generated by AI themselves and gigantic, eye watering blocks of text with no paragraphs or punctuation or any attempt at editing. AKA, my essayposts from 4 years ago.
NSFW:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726725

DaydreamIQ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm I can't believe Dendy admits to using chatgpt for shame.

But I've been in this dudes shoes before and autistic long posting aside I too would probably beat the shit out of an engineer for being an asshole like that.
if you just beat the shit out of him i doubt an admin would show much concern tbh
it was using a welding tank explosion and then leaving his delimbed burning corpse to rot that crossed a line
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #726726

dendydoom wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm
it's actually amazing for summarizing long articles that were mostly generated by AI themselves and gigantic, eye watering blocks of text with no paragraphs or punctuation or any attempt at editing. AKA, my essayposts from 4 years ago.
Word, I use chatgpt to go over points in my head and language AI will pull and construct what was being said usually. Since asking a question in a different way, may flip the view on what is written.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #726727

TheLoLSwat wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm
Vekter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm The situation is confusing because I still cannot for the life of me figure out why the fuck overwatch_voice did that, it's such a weird, out-of-pocket thing to do that if Yobro had just crit him and taken him to medical I would be tempted to go "Yeah okay that's fair". Just a strange thing to do with no benefit to anyone, not even yourself. But he's an antag, so I guess that's all the reason he needs.

It’s really fun to find small ways to fuck with specific people/departments as antag in a way that is kinda lost when you are doing grand sabotage / murderbone. It’s like a personalized trolling
Maybe that's where I differ from some people, because I don't get joy out of doing those kinds of things to others. I just find fun in trying to complete my objectives without getting caught.

It can be kind of funny to shove people and steal things from them, but I get something out of that - the thing I stole.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #726730

Are you telling me you want to read all 1,085 words of this appeal yourself?
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #726732

Eh I suppose I'm just used to the Stigma of it being something only lazy people use, on other non-ss13 communities im in we have issues with people using it to write applications for example. All the power to you if it helps make your brain not hurt reading through that monstrosity
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #726733

DaydreamIQ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:21 pm Eh I suppose I'm just used to the Stigma of it being something only lazy people use, on other non-ss13 communities im in we have issues with people using it to write applications for example. All the power to you if it helps make your brain not hurt reading through that monstrosity
You are totally in the right of thinking that! If you are hard stuck writing something, a writers block and can throw what you wrote to chatgpt and ask the question of what do you make from this as (placeholder writing professor or Dungeon master or a young college student).

Also if you have no idea, how to start a dialog, but you have the questions an issues. Chatgpt can potentially help guide you into what to focus on. Don't copy and paste and re-read what you wrote to make sure it's formed well.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #726734

fuck
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #726736

This is what goes through the minds of people writing recipes for food blogs.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726738

The metagrunk list was literally three entries long and one was marked as a joke— why did they even BOTHER dropping it? Every day, people confuse me in their defiance of common sense and willingness to make an ass of themselves in service of a task they still fail at.
Walter brought back Crack.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #726743

My metagrudge list:
  • Jane Sierpenski
  • monkey (73)
  • Cleanbot
  • Jane Sierpenski
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #726744

Yobrocharlie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 pm However I do just want to say that the actions of the engineer as the antagonist in the round before fully stripping me while i was ssd was just straight up against the rules. it does say in the MRP rules "Antagonists are expected to put in at least some effort towards playing their designated role, though may break with it given sufficient in character reason." I dont think there is any real way you can spin what he did besides just powergaming and metagaming because at the time they didnt even bother to set up power- and they specifically targeted somebody who was SSD so that they could get the gear without risk.
I told Yobro I would cover how this would actually possibly be against MRP rules, because the rule he's quoting doesn't actually have anything to do with acting outside of RP expectations as an antag.

This is probably closer to a RPR 1 (Higher Expectations of Roleplay) or RPR 7 (Do Not Powergame) infraction. I'm not actually sure what situation he's referring to because the only engineer he mentions is Overwatch from round 227300, but I'm assuming he's talking about the guy who raided the bar while he was SSD. Apparently that person was a Spy, and I'm not sure what objectives they had, so it's not really something I can explicitly say "Yes, this was okay" or not. Depending on that fact, I probably would have asked the person why they ran them for their shit while SSD and, if the reasoning was anything OOC ("I wanted his gear", "I was looking for his shotgun", etc.) possibly acted on it.
PapaMichael wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm My metagrudge list:
  • Jane Sierpenski
  • monkey (73)
  • Cleanbot
  • Jane Sierpenski
To be fair, Cleanbot has it coming.
Spoiler:

Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #726745

you shitters. Leave my Cleanbot alone.

DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726752

tbf monkey (73) kinda had it coming anyway
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #726753

sometimes being petty as an antags just alot more fun than it is going after objectives

the takeaway is that you should self-antag every round so you can always experience the joy of being a petty antag
Yobrocharlie
Byond Username: Yobrocharlie

Post by Yobrocharlie » #726767

Vekter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 pm
Yobrocharlie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 pm However I do just want to say that the actions of the engineer as the antagonist in the round before fully stripping me while i was ssd was just straight up against the rules. it does say in the MRP rules "Antagonists are expected to put in at least some effort towards playing their designated role, though may break with it given sufficient in character reason." I dont think there is any real way you can spin what he did besides just powergaming and metagaming because at the time they didnt even bother to set up power- and they specifically targeted somebody who was SSD so that they could get the gear without risk.
I told Yobro I would cover how this would actually possibly be against MRP rules, because the rule he's quoting doesn't actually have anything to do with acting outside of RP expectations as an antag.

This is probably closer to a RPR 1 (Higher Expectations of Roleplay) or RPR 7 (Do Not Powergame) infraction. I'm not actually sure what situation he's referring to because the only engineer he mentions is Overwatch from round 227300, but I'm assuming he's talking about the guy who raided the bar while he was SSD. Apparently that person was a Spy, and I'm not sure what objectives they had, so it's not really something I can explicitly say "Yes, this was okay" or not. Depending on that fact, I probably would have asked the person why they ran them for their shit while SSD and, if the reasoning was anything OOC ("I wanted his gear", "I was looking for his shotgun", etc.) possibly acted on it.
PapaMichael wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm My metagrudge list:
  • Jane Sierpenski
  • monkey (73)
  • Cleanbot
  • Jane Sierpenski
To be fair, Cleanbot has it coming.
His name was joe dugga i think
"A shitter am i? i will show you just how right you are."
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726768

Is he on your grudge list now

Yobrocharlie

Post by Yobrocharlie » #726769

BonChoi wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 pm Fun fact: this is the guy who copped a 14 day ban from the Discord for posting his "grudge list" in #mrp-general, saying "Today I have decided to cause drama"
That list was a metagrudge list as a joke,
its actually a list for people- people have never had a good interaction with or otherwise i have never heard a single good thing about from anybody.
As such there is literally only one name on there and the second genuine one doesnt really count because its bmon and hes a very mixed bag but undeniably kind of a shitter, but a good admin.
Yobrocharlie

Post by Yobrocharlie » #726770

BonChoi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:49 am Is he on your grudge list now
No I havent heard overwhelmingly negative things about him infact ive heard nothing about him.
Yobrocharlie

Post by Yobrocharlie » #726771

dendydoom wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm
I didnt use ai
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726772

>posting in your own peanut
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #726774

Yobrocharlie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 am
That list was a metagrudge list as a joke,
its actually a list for people- people have never had a good interaction with or otherwise i have never heard a single good thing about from anybody.
As such there is literally only one name on there and the second genuine one doesnt really count because its bmon and hes a very mixed bag but undeniably kind of a shitter, but a good admin.
doesn't really seem like a joke
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #726776

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:08 am >posting in your own peanut
The appeal had the admin saying I will explain in the peanut...
He was invited!

Also how can a metagrudge list be a joke if it's a real list of people that people see as shutters? It's still real..

A joke metagrudge list would be like the one in this thread for example.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #726777

This is probably what overwatch_voice expected to happen, of all things.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #726778

Constellado wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:32 am A joke metagrudge list would be like the one in this thread for example.
Hahahaha... yeah...... joke.... humor.... hahahahahaha
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #726780

Metagrudge list:
  • You
  • You
  • Polly
  • You
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #726781

Spelling Poly as “Polly” is horrific. Put some respect on her name…
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #726782

DrAmazing343 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:46 am Spelling Poly as “Polly” is horrific. Put some respect on her name…
No
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #726783

While coding a thing on another server I think I discovered a bug with poly. I need to replicate it and fix it though.

Poly shall be able to land on the CE one day I can feel it!

(You just have to give poly a cracker and hope it decides to perch on you. Issue is I think the perch on person code is broken. But it may not be and be caused by my hacky way of making a custom parrot like mob.)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726785

Constellado wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:32 am
He was invited!
Vekter invited them to partake in their doom lmao

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dendydoom » #726787

BonChoi wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:01 am
Constellado wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:32 am
He was invited!
Vekter invited them to partake in their doom lmao
you rang?
NSFW:
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726788

o shit