I Got Reincarnated As A Blob Only To Get Immediately Robusted By A Single Roboticist?!

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

I Got Reincarnated As A Blob Only To Get Immediately Robusted By A Single Roboticist?!

Post by TheSmallBlue » #726818

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36060

Skill issue, luck issue, I'd love to know in what round this happened
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
TheSmallBlue

Re: I Got Reincarnated As A Blob Only To Get Immediately Robusted By A Single Roboticist?!

Post by TheSmallBlue » #726819

Sorry for digging your style timonk
Comm from
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: I Got Reincarnated As A Blob Only To Get Immediately Robusted By A Single Roboticist?!

Post by EmpressMaia » #726821

"Let's take an example from a round that just ended:"
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #726826

I was in this shift, and I was a bit incredulous at this fight actually. The blob spawned in the Bar area on Icebox, and the crew could not get to it easily because the staircase to the bar got blocked off due to a pyro anomaly plasmafire. So the whole crew could only go down in the back service area to fight it, and it got a HUGE lead before anyone started fighting it because no one found it for a very long time. Even so, the one Durand and like 2 crewmen with welders and lasers killed the Blob, and it couldn't do that much, despite surrounding the durand and wailing on it multiple times, and even having a blobbernaut help out too.

I still disagree with the policy proposal, but like, I get why they're salty about that shift.
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #726828

they should ban roboticists making combat mechs
not because of balance concerns or anything to do with antags or whatever who cares about those guys midround antags deserve 0 protections ever bro ghosts have no rights they're either obs gang (cringe) or they died in round (skill issued)
but just to force them into the borg mines
you VILL make ze posibrains you VILL make ze AI shells you VILL NOT vaste ze research points on ze mechs
und you VILL be happy :)
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #726835

me when the roboticist takes every last microgram of resources out of the silo to build this
NSFW:
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #726842

dendydoom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 pm me when the roboticist takes every last microgram of resources out of the silo to build this
NSFW:
I remember being a CT one shift and over the course of an hour and a half shift probably 50% of the budget went into ordering glass and steel crates for robotics. They had so many mechs. IIRC we had xenos, spiders, blob or something and they got absolutely destroyed since robotics handed out an entire legion of combat mechs to the crew.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #726843

https://massifpress.com/lancer

if you like mechs you should checkout Lancer

if you like rag-tag mechs you should checkout salvage union

https://leyline.press/collections/salvage-union
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #726845

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:42 pm Sorry for digging your style timonk
5/10 title 3/10 for originality
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #726848

Timonk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 pm 5/10 title 3/10 for originality
Not sorry at all actually, I can and will take the originality points but the title is fire
Comm from
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #726851

Realistically speaking, blob probably just needs to do more obj damage.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #726854

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 pm Realistically speaking, blob probably just needs to do more obj damage.
sure does! The Situation is funny and real sad to see the blob get stuck on windows and then die.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #727092

This is actually more about debris devourer than mechs it has one of the lowest damage outputs of any blob type and has very little going for it (woo a few points of damage reduction i cant sustain) unironically give this strain a shit ton of obj damage so it can break stuff and use that stuff to add to its own armor values for the blob tile that eats it

Pretty sure this blob strain just does 5 damage or some shit its actually a meme
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #727094

Either nerf mechs or buff Blob object damage, code issue.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #727123

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm Either nerf mechs or buff Blob object damage, code issue.
Wasn't the blob using the weakest (or one of the weakest) blob types for killing a mech?
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #727127

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:48 pm
AsbestosSniffer wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm Either nerf mechs or buff Blob object damage, code issue.
Wasn't the blob using the weakest (or one of the weakest) blob types for killing a mech?
Still doesn't invalidate my point either way.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Flightless
Byond Username: Emuboi

Post by Flightless » #727265

I kinda feel like the blob using the weakest possible tools against a mech dose kinda invalidate there being anything wrong with it loosing to said mech.
Is immune to good ideas, hates both greytiders and security. Curator 4 life.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #727624

holy fucking shit is this the whole board fuck off
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #727720

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 am holy fucking shit is this the whole board fuck off
Yes, Peanut Threads/Posts are allowed/encouraged in Player's Club, and Admins actively like the fact that they exist (IE have said as much themselves), because it helps keep them accountable, but also offers somewhere that perspectives that may not otherwise have been considered can be seen without flooding the actual threads with peanutting.