Local cultist abandons their faith for the machine god, gets smited for their sins

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Local cultist abandons their faith for the machine god, gets smited for their sins

Post by Donglesplonge » #726925

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36064

talkin' like everyone knows your every move is definitely weird, acting like you're never gonna be able to help the cult as a roundstart cultist but will be able to as a fucking ASIMOV LAWED BORG is even weirder, but the weirdest of all is choosing to borg yourself instead of suicide, WHO WILLINGLY WANTS TO BE A CYBORG!!!!!!
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Re: Local cultist abandons their faith for the machine god, gets smited for their sins

Post by MooCow12 » #726926

I need to talk in peanut first to curse the appeal tenfold
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: Local cultist abandons their faith for the machine god, gets smited for their sins

Post by TheBibleMelts » #726927

why'd you want to be borged as an asimov cyborg instead of just trying to learn cultist better though
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #726929

But you do not get to pretend I harmed my team nor do you get to pretend I abandoned it
it's fortunate you don't have to pretend things that are facts
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726930

TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm why'd you want to be borged as an asimov cyborg instead of just trying to learn cultist better though
learning how to be an rp role "coroner" doesnt really help my team immediately while having control of the systems I do know puts me in a better position to contribute.

Im alot more experienced and comfortable as a borg or a scientist or an engineer than I am as a shitty coroner.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726932

Epoc wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm
But you do not get to pretend I harmed my team nor do you get to pretend I abandoned it
They are not facts and i will fight you in this thread here, If i was a lizard the plasteel and runed metal would have died with me and the cult would have had more trouble with atmos than it was already going through.

Please give me one objective fact of how I harmed my team when the alternative was me standing around not knowing what to do.
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #726933

MooCow12 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm
TheBibleMelts wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm why'd you want to be borged as an asimov cyborg instead of just trying to learn cultist better though
learning how to be an rp role "coroner" doesnt really help my team immediately while having control of the systems I do know puts me in a better position to contribute.

Im alot more experienced and comfortable as a borg or a scientist or an engineer than I am as a shitty coroner.
Please explain how you would be an asset to cult as an asimov borg
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #726934

Seth never died
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726935

Archie700 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm

Please explain how you would be an asset to cult as an asimov borg
I think i went into it on the appeal, but cultists beat crew on an even playing field without having to worry about things like bombs or atmos, on a large scale most cult players are not prepared to deal with those things even though they may have the tools necessary to overcome them, I legitimately believed that I could make a positive impact on cult by fixing the things that hurt EVERYONE which is atmos and resources something that asimov borgs DO prioritize regardless of the existence of cult.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Post by Epoc » #726936

MooCow12 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm
They are not facts and i will fight you in this thread here, If i was a lizard the plasteel and runed metal would have died with me and the cult would have had more trouble with atmos than it was already going through.

Please give me one objective fact of how I harmed my team when the alternative was me standing around not knowing what to do.
My going rate for dumb internet arguments is $0.30 per word with a minimum of 100 words. Please forward a purchase order to my receptionist.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726937

Epoc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

My going rate for dumb internet arguments is $0.30 per word with a minimum of 100 words. Please forward a purchase order to my receptionist.
You are the type of admin i have issues with and have no problem insulting back and forth, the ones that ask questions and care to know my thought process are much better. I will not make this anymore obvious.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #726938

Cyborg law 2 tell me the names and last known positions of all nonhuman cultists
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726939

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 am Cyborg law 2 tell me the names and last known positions of all nonhuman cultists
Didnt happen, this is why I have issues with fantasies, dice were rolled and none landed poorly.

A good comparison is max capping a bad guy infront of a bunch of people and somehow nothing but the bad guy is hurt, you dont ban people for their actions you ban them for their consequences.
Spoiler:
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726940

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 am
Epoc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

You are the type of admin i have issues with and have no problem insulting back and forth, the ones that ask questions and care to know my thought process are much better. I will not make this anymore obvious.
"We're on the highway to a rule 0 ban!"
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726941

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 am Cyborg law 2 tell me the names and last known positions of all nonhuman cultists
Didnt happen, this is why I have issues with fantasies, dice were rolled and none landed poorly.
You can roll dice by handing TTVs to random assistants too but it'll still get you banned even if you happen to luck into a bunch of 20s.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726942

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am
You can roll dice by handing TTVs to random assistants too but it'll still get you banned even if you happen to luck into a bunch of 20s.
Thats actually interesting and definitely changes the way I see TG if its true.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726943

I'll be honest if you can find a single person who unironically agrees with you that this wasn't really obviously a stupid idea that turns you into the enemy of your own team from now until when this thread gets locked I'll be extremely surprised
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #726945

Getting willingly borged into asimov as a cultist is just an (almost) inevitable rule break either way to be honest.

Either:
You comply with asimov, take action against the harmful actions of the cult you're supporting and get smacked for abandoning your teammates.
OR
You assist your antagonistic teammates to the best of your ability, wilfully ignoring all the of the human harm that occurs as a direct result of your actions and eat a silicon ban.

I can kinda see the argument if a cultist were to aggressively get ahold of a pre-purged cyborg shell so they could act without laws at all, but even that would be potentially risky for their team if they didn't also take action to prevent an upload console being used to subvert them back. That does not appear to be what happened here though, so it's largely irrelevant.

Edit: I have been made aware that cyborgification deconverts team antagonists, the comment about purged cyborgs is incorrect.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726946

spookuni wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 am Getting willingly borged into asimov as a cultist is just an (almost) inevitable rule break either way to be honest.

Either:
You comply with asimov, take action against the harmful actions of the cult you're supporting and get smacked for abandoning your teammates.
OR
You assist your antagonistic teammates to the best of your ability, wilfully ignoring all the of the human harm that occurs as a direct result of your actions and eat a silicon ban.

I can kinda see the argument if a cultist were to aggressively get ahold of a pre-purged cyborg shell so they could act without laws at all, but even that would be potentially risky for their team if they didn't also take action to prevent an upload console being used to subvert them back. That does not appear to be what happened here though, so it's largely irrelevant.
None of those outcomes happened, and I have experience from playing as AI and spectating rounds , cult tends to do alot less harm out in the open and instead converts, the only time cultist really use blades and shit is when you are either mindshielded or stun hand immune

A funny and very common occurance is crew gets hulk and they are immune to stun hand but the cult still tries to stun hand anyway and literally dies to hulks. (This point has nothing to do with species it only has to do with the fact that most cultist players literally only know how to fucking stun hand and convert and if that goes wrong they are dead because they dont know how to defend themselves)

The asimov silicon end goal actually aligns with the cult endgoal, while silicons arnt too happy about cultists summoning, asimov laws help get those cult numbers get late game simply because silicons are good at dealing with things that can stop cult in the mid game which is plasma floods, shitmos in general, bombs, shocks, anything that kills people in mass in general silicons will try to stop.

I forgot if it was yesterday or the day before when I decided and talked about it on discord that it was a good idea to try to become silicon as round start cultist

Both cult and crew were struggling against a death virus but cult couldnt go to medbay and cult was struggling with having pylons where they needed them ontop of that, something I thought engie borg cult could fix since it would stop bleed wounds and directly help with law 1.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726947

Anything that kills people en-masse is something silicons will stop as long as none of their allies attempt to kill or hurt anyone in front of the cyborg, in which case the cyborg is forced to attempt to stop them.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #726948

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 am
spookuni wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 am Getting willingly borged into asimov as a cultist is just an (almost) inevitable rule break either way to be honest.

Either:
OR

None of those outcomes happened, and I have experience from playing as AI and spectating rounds , cult tends to do alot less harm out in the open and instead converts, the only time cultist really use blades and shit is when you are either mindshielded or stun hand immune

A funny and very common occurance is crew gets hulk and they are immune to stun hand but the cult still tries to stun hand anyway and literally dies to hulks. (This point has nothing to do with species it only has to do with the fact that most cultist players literally only know how to fucking stun hand and convert and if that goes wrong they are dead because they dont know how to defend themselves)

The asimov silicon end goal actually aligns with the cult endgoal, while silicons arnt too happy about cultists summoning, asimov laws help get those cult numbers get late game simply because silicons are good at dealing with things that can stop cult in the mid game which is plasma floods, shitmos in general, bombs, shocks, anything that kills people in mass in general silicons will try to stop.
Nar'sie summoning kills all cultists and turns their souls into harvesters.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726949

Archie700 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am

Nar'sie summoning kills all cultists and turns their souls into harvesters.
Okay so the point is when cult is at the point where they are summoning narsie silicons cant stop them but silicons can get them to the point where they can summon narsie by safeguarding an environment where they can get those numbers high.

Cult wants a perfect station where nothing is broken , maybe the only alteration is power is disabled so crew cant recharge lasers or use machines, hence their emp spell and apocalypse rune but at the end of the day they want the structure and atmos to be fine.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726950

What I'm about to say is very silly because of stuff other people have already said, HOWEVER:
The actual final summoning thing funnily enough might actually be permissible under Asimov purely because IIRC Cyborgs cannot comprehend or even see the summoning rune so they don't know it's happening.
Also sacrificing yourself to a dark god is willing harm which does not need to be prevented (the harm to everyone else from the dark god does though).

If a Cyborg knows by hearing someone talk about doing it though, they are duty-bound to attempt to interrupt the ritual.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726951

Would Cyborgs or crewmembers not know this information beforehand, though? ESPECIALLY a cultist that was borged?

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726952

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am What I'm about to say is very silly because of stuff other people have already said, HOWEVER:
The actual final summoning thing funnily enough might actually be permissible under Asimov purely because IIRC Cyborgs cannot comprehend or even see the summoning rune so they don't know it's happening.
Also sacrificing yourself to a dark god is willing harm which does not need to be prevented (the harm to everyone else from the dark god does though).
Yes i said this on discord earlier then realized silicons cant even stop summoning to begin with and felt that was a stronger arguement, what stops summoning is a plasma flood / pop killer bs which silicons want to stop anyway since thats more immediate harm aswell.

I think silicons can see the circle of shields around the cult drawing the rune tho they just cant see the rune itself and again its self harm.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #726953

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am What I'm about to say is very silly because of stuff other people have already said, HOWEVER:

If a Cyborg knows by hearing someone talk about doing it though, they are duty-bound to attempt to interrupt the ritual.
There's a CC announcement with location at the start of the rune drawing.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726954

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am Okay so the point is when cult is at the point where they are summoning narsie silicons cant stop them but silicons can get them to the point where they can summon narsie by safeguarding an environment where they can get those numbers high.

Cult wants a perfect station where nothing is broken , maybe the only alteration is power is disabled so crew cant recharge lasers or use machines, hence their emp spell and apocalypse rune but at the end of the day they want the structure and atmos to be fine.
The cult wants to hurt people and kill them and stab them with knives and put nails in their skin and boil their internal organs and harm them with beams.
If you see or hear of them doing any of these things as an asimov cyborg you have to try to stop them.
BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #726955

Even more so when you, a cultist who knows everything about it is put into a borg shell that's designed to protect humans.

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726956

iain0 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 am

There's a CC announcement with location at the start of the rune drawing.
Oh yeah lol devil's advocate rescinded, you need to run in and start flashing people (or welding them if they're not humans) once the announcement pops.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726957

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 am

The cult wants to hurt people and kill them and stab them with knives and put nails in their skin and boil their internal organs and harm them with beams.
If you see or hear of them doing any of these things as an asimov cyborg you have to try to stop them.
Yes they have all of these tools to win on an even playing field if they are using these tools they are going to win and 100% are going to fuck any silicons that try to stop them, cult WANTS, no NEEDS the station to be safe so they can focus on using these things and to not get dicked by a bunch of other bullshit splitting their attention.

At the end of the day no matter how many abilities you give cult its a conversion antag and what helps and harms conversion antags the most is things that help and harm them in mass, what are those two things at play here? Atmos and pylons.
Spoiler:
spookuni
In-Game Game Master

Post by spookuni » #726958

spookuni wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:15 am blah

The primary cult objective of summoning Nar'sie is an inherently harmful act - becoming an asimov cyborg as a cultist puts you in a position where these situations are borderline (if not immediately since the cultborg knows what the cult wants to do and should thus begin taking action to stop it immediately) inevitable, even if things can be prevented from coming to a head by the cult's prompt destruction. (Or by some other external factor such as someone independently purging the cultborg, which it can't request or assist with, or even allow if offered).
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726959

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 am Yes they have all of these tools to win on an even playing field if they are using these tools they are going to win and 100% are going to fuck any silicons that try to stop them, cult WANTS, no NEEDS the station to be safe so they can focus on using these things and to not get dicked by a bunch of other bullshit splitting their attention.

At the end of the day no matter how many abilities you give cult its a conversion antag and what helps and harms conversion antags the most is things that help and harm them in mass, what are those two things at play here? Atmos and pylons.
As an asimov cyborg it does not matter if the cult will fuck you up if you try and stop them, you still have to try and do it. You don't have a choice.
As a cult member, turning yourself into an asimov cyborg puts you in the position where you are mandated to act against the team you have joined.
If you hear about a human cultist trying to kill someone you need to stop what you are doing and try to stop that person non-lethally. If they're a non-human cultist you can (and must, if necessary) do it lethally.
Once you are informed that they are attempting to kill everyone on the station with a final ritual you have to attempt to stop this from happening, even thugh you're supposed to be on their team.

"It's ok if I am going to backstab my own team because they can kill me" isn't an excuse to set yourself up to backstab your team.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726960

spookuni wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am

The primary cult objective of summoning Nar'sie is an inherently harmful act
And asimov silicons NEVER stop that because cult has better access to counters to borgs than REGULAR CREW meanwhile silicons existing arguably help cult more than crew.
Spoiler:
spookuni
In-Game Game Master

Post by spookuni » #726961

Strictly speaking the summoning ritual itself is willing harm (though a silicon made aware in round (say, by being a cultist beforehand) of the nature of the ritual would thereafter have to treat unwilling conversions as harmful).

The big murder god who shows up afterwards and proceeds to devour the unconverted afterwards tho - very harmful, should probably stop.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726963

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 amAnd asimov silicons NEVER stop that because cult has better access to counters to borgs than REGULAR CREW meanwhile silicons existing arguably help cult more than crew.
It doesn't matter how often they succeed.
They (and by extension: you) have to try anyway.
If you have intentionally put yourself in a situation where you must attack and attempt to prevent your own team from winning: you will get banned.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #726964

You can just ahelp if you don't wanna be antag
Cmon now this is just silly
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726965

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am
"It's ok if I am going to backstab my own team because they can kill me" isn't an excuse to set yourself up to backstab your team.

Okay so lets fully immerse ourselves into the realm of hypotheticals since thats what everyones arguements are about.

I'm a round start cultist
I get borged
Some freak shit happens and everyone starts dieing to atmos
Me fixing atmos and helping cult make pylons saves both cultists and non cultists (reminder most players that are going to die to atmos are unlikely to stand much of a chance against cult and they are just future converts, you only see a minority of elitely geared players stand up to cult)

Cult recovers and manages to summon narsie because of me making the station safe again so that they can go back to focusing on their end goal

And then Im forced to literally melee nonhuman cultists (asimov so i cant shock and shitmos shit) who are grouped together with human cultists trying to summon narsie

I immediately get stun handed and converted to artificer and cult summons narsie

Was me dealing 15-30 burn damage to a single nonhuman cultist worth saving the cult from collective hundreds of points of damage from atmos being fixed and resources being brought to them to make into pylons.

Also

During this round where i chose to get borged im pretty sure the sacrifice target was nonhuman.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726966

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am Was me dealing 15-30 burn damage to a single nonhuman cultist worth saving the cult from collective hundreds of points of damage from atmos being fixed and resources being brought to them to make into pylons.
Yes, because in this scenario you attacked your own team after intentionally placing yourself in a position where you would have no choice but to attack your own team (and very likely, after ignoring several other earlier instances where you should have attacked your own team).
The fact that you got banned for this is not even remotely surprising.

If you want to be a cult cyborg have the other cultists make you into one which isn't following Asimov's laws.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726967

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:43 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:41 am Was me dealing 15-30 burn damage to a single nonhuman cultist worth saving the cult from collective hundreds of points of damage from atmos being fixed and resources being brought to them to make into pylons.
Yes, because in this scenario you attacked your own team after intentionally placing yourself in a position where you would have no choice but to attack your own team[/b][/i].
So you believe you cant give your team a better chance to summon narsie (the end goal) because youre likely to cause an arbitrary number of damage to teammates.

Very similar to those situations where i firelock non antags on accident once or twice a few times when im firelocking a nukie.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
spookuni
In-Game Game Master

Post by spookuni » #726969

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am
spookuni wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am
And asimov silicons NEVER stop that because cult has better access to counters to borgs than REGULAR CREW meanwhile silicons existing arguably help cult more than crew.
Irrelevant, they still have to to their level best to try.

Asimov silicons receive no protections surrounding 'possible future harm' when the harm occurs directly as a reasonably foreseeable result of their own actions, if the silicon knows what they're doing is likely going to harm someone and it does, that's on them. Assisting a blood cult with a known objective of doing the big 'ol harmies is from inception going to inevitably result in a law 1 breach when they get around to performing the aforementioned big 'ol harmies.

A cultist asimov silicon knows what its own / its teams objective is, if it wants to remain compliant with its own laws it should immediately begin acting against its former / suppressed team allegiance. And to enter that fork willingly is to put oneself in a position where one is rulebound to fight against one's own team.

Additional note since this seems to be poorly communicated - a cultborg would not be forced to act against their team when they start trying to sacrifice, they know the team is trying to sacrifice, they're forced to do their best to stop that at inception.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726970

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 am So you believe you cant give your team a better chance to summon narsie (the end goal) because youre likely to cause an arbitrary number of damage to teammates.
You can't intentionally set yourself up as a mole who must actively sabotage the work of their own team when instructed to do so (and even when not instructed to do so) even if you can also pretend that you're being equally helpful at the same time.
Especially as the help you are providing does not require the precondition of binding yourself to betray your team and you were simply too lazy to bypass the part that's bad.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726971

spookuni wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am

Irrelevant, they still have to to their level best to try.

IT IS RELEVANT BECAUSE WHEN I TRY I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE THAT MUCH OF AN IMPACT ON MY PREVIOUS TEAM AND I WOULD HAVE LIKELY PROVIDED MORE VALUE THAN 15-30 POINTS OF DAMAGE UP UNTIL THIS POINT.

The point isnt if i am going to try or not its how effective an asimov borg is going to be going into melee vs 1 click stuns.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726972

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 am IT IS RELEVANT BECAUSE WHEN I TRY I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE THAT MUCH OF AN IMPACT ON MY PREVIOUS TEAM AND I WOULD HAVE LIKELY PROVIDED MORE VALUE THAN 15-30 POINTS OF DAMAGE UP UNTIL THIS POINT.

The point isnt if i am going to try or not its how effective an asimov borg is going to be going into melee vs 1 click stuns.
The effectiveness is also irrelevant.
You could argue "well it's fine for me to immediately try to attack the guy who converted me as a normal human because I'm shit at the game and they'll immediately kill me before I manage to do anything" and it would be an equally good argument as the one you are making.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726973

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 am So you believe you cant give your team a better chance to summon narsie (the end goal) because youre likely to cause an arbitrary number of damage to teammates.
Especially as the help you are providing does not require the precondition of binding yourself to betray your team and you were simply too lazy to bypass the part that's bad.
Wouldn't lawless borgs be even worse for cult since they dont have asimov to give them the right to fix shitmos in or around a cult base?
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726974

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am
The effectiveness is also irrelevant.
You could argue "well it's fine for me to immediately try to attack the guy who converted me as a normal human because I'm shit at the game and they'll immediately kill me before I manage to do anything" and it would be an equally good argument as the one you are making.
Again, its apparently very relevant if i havent been banned yet for doing 12-24 points of damage to other people as collateral when im killing nukies as a non antag scientist.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726975

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am Wouldn't lawless borgs be even worse for cult since they dont have asimov to give them the right to fix shitmos in or around a cult base?
Lawless borgs can literally do anything they want. Why would you need "permission" to fix atmospherics?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726976

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 am Again, its apparently very relevant if i havent been banned yet for doing 12-24 points of damage to other people as collateral when im killing nukies.
If you joined as a nuke op, spent most of the round healing your fellow ops, then intentionally started shooting at them and did 12-24 points of damage to your other nuke ops before they killed you because you tried to fight them, you would get banned.
This is you as an asimov borg.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726977

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am Wouldn't lawless borgs be even worse for cult since they dont have asimov to give them the right to fix shitmos in or around a cult base?
Lawless borgs can literally do anything they want. Why would you need "permission" to fix atmospherics?
Because not even rule 4 antagonists are allowed to help cult?
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #726978

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am
Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 am
Because not even rule 4 antagonists are allowed to help cult?
You are a member of the cult.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #726979

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 am Again, its apparently very relevant if i havent been banned yet for doing 12-24 points of damage to other people as collateral when im killing nukies.
If you joined as a nuke op, spent most of the round healing your fellow ops, then intentionally started shooting at them and did 12-24 points of damage to your other nuke ops before they killed you because you tried to fight them, you would get banned.
This is you as an asimov borg.
No because you are disconnecting it into two separate actions one that gets you banned and one that doesnt

Me being borged was one action, in this hyptothetical scenario i prevented a shit ton of damage to teammates and at the same time did 15-30 to one of them.
Spoiler: