Squirrel Nut!Slapper gets stuck in Shitsec Dufflebag

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Squirrel Nut!Slapper gets stuck in Shitsec Dufflebag

Post by Justice12354 » #727408

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36083

We've had so many complaints lately, haven't we?
Oh well...

To start off, Duffelbag is still a Candymin so I'll be very surprised if they did something complainable while being trained (in which case, would the Trainer also be held accountable?)

I totally understand Squirrel's frustration here, but the admin gives a pretty good point, like, were they supposed to leave a message on the SecOff's Admin Remarks and drag this ticket throughout however long it took until they could get in direct touch with the SecOff? Sounds a bit of a stretch to ask the admins to do that (I wouldn't, I'm sorry; quick reminder that adminning is not a full-time job)

Not mentioning the arrest motive is not against the rules and we can't really punish someone for something we do not understand enough. I know this looks like an enormous loophole, but it's easily closed by extreme cases of repeated abuse. If this SecOff is that much of a griefing asshole, they will eventually get caught shitsecing soon and, let's be real here, it's not because of an arrest that the world will end, especially if it was as short as Rhials made it seem.

TL;DR: I understand Squirrel's frustration, but admins aren't mind-reading wizards
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: Squirrel Nut!Slapper gets stuck in Shitsec Dufflebag

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #727409

I mean it was pretty fucked up. Not only was he arrested initially by Victor, other Security Officers held him in custody in shuttlebrig until the end of the round and were themselves asking why he was in custody but refusing to release him, and the Captain was explicitly trolling him, per the logs in the complaint I posted. Dude got griefed HARD.

Also im not so sure it was a short event, I saw him being held in the evac holding cell for a while before shuttle arrived.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #727410

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 am (...) and the Captain was explicitly trolling him, per the logs in the complaint I posted. Dude got griefed HARD.
Bro, I just went back to the complaint and saw that I completely misread the Cap's logs. I read ["let him go", "i dont think its funny"] instead of ["dont let him go", "i think its funny"]. Yeah, cringe from the Captain, but something tells me that Rhials didn't catch up on that. Retrospectively, the handling admin could've looked into the Cap's conduct, but, for the rest of Sec, it's the good old paradox of "I'm doing this bc another SecOff told me to" and maybe that other SecOff was in the wrong, or maybe he wasn't bc in this case we don't have enough information
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
britgrenadier1
Byond Username: Britgrenadier1

Post by britgrenadier1 » #727412

I wonder how long the dude was held for, if it was just for the shuttle timer then I'd say yeah GG go next. Usually we see admins apply notes on people that DC and say "Appeal it on the forums." Very interesting!
I play Culls-The-Leviathan and Chris O' Riley. Primarily on Manny

DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #727416

Very unfortunate sec moment— I do hope there’s some justice to this, but Rhials has been candymin for like, three days or something? Would be odd to make an acomplaint about, but I feel for the squirrel slapped here too.
Walter brought back Crack.
ItzRiumz
Byond Username: ItzRiumz

Post by ItzRiumz » #727417

I'm not really sure what to make of this complaint. Reading through the logs it seems to be a wordless arrest by Victor Stone which is pretty shit and can void his metaprotections. Though the time taken between Victor cuffing Sean and bringing him to the departures checkpoint and then the shuttle brig till round end stays below the 10 minute mark, thus technically making it an IC issue. I'm probably going to just chalk this up to a shitsec officer round. It sucks to have to deal with that, but I feel they're likely going to get bonked sooner or later for their behavior if they keep it up.
I play Checks-Your-Health and Jeremy Hankins

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #727421

As long as the candidate wasn't going rogue (they weren't) they basically operate on the trainer's admin licence.

Anything the trainer allows them to do or instructs them to do is the trainer's problem.

I'll have a looksie at this tonight probably since I did the basic non-ticket training with Duffy. Every day's a school day!
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #727422

On one hand, not being held in custody for long makes it lean towards an ic issue

on the other hand, the shuttle itself is a part in the round where everypony wants to be active and free because its when a lot of plots and conflicting ponyfactions converge, keeping somepony cuffed until the round ends fnr is borderline early EORG, and adminponies tend to still go after ponies that are offline anyway.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #727424

yo dude are you ok?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #727425

I think the player's club broke him
Walter brought back Crack.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #727427

This month sure has been weird.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #727428

April Fool's extended to 4 weeks long
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #727429

everywhat
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #727436

Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
junkgle
Byond Username: Junkgle

Post by junkgle » #727439

hi everypony
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #727440

Jesus Christ
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #727441

Also the complaint doesn't seem to have much real merit, maybe the officer in question needs talking to but if the player was arrested for less than 10 minutes it's technically an IC issue. If that officer wasn't there to be actively talked to, I don't think I'd consider it worth pursuing either.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #727443

This complaint could have been a feedback, I feel.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #727447

Did the superhero rper look like an antag? I could easily see them wearing secoff gear or something and a real secoff seeing them, assuming the non-secoff running around with a gun is up to no good, and arresting them.

By the logs it looks like quite a lot of context was omitted from the complaint. I hesitate to overtly call it "lying by omission", but I do think it's heading in that direction:
  • Literally 30 whole seconds after the complainant was arrested, Victor Stone was attacked by a traitor miner whilst still dragging Sean.
  • Victor runs off to fight this miner on the Icemoon, while another secoff grabs Sean and takes him to the shuttle brig
  • Victor dies within a few minutes
  • This whole time, Sean is pleading to be released, and being taunted by the Captain
Sec's actions make a lot more since in this light. Full disclosure, I probably wouldn't release someone else's prisoner from the escape shuttle brig without confirming it with the arrester—I certainly wouldn't take the prisoner's word for anything.
Maybe the initial arrest was bad, but it seems like unlucky happenstance prevented the secoff responsible from handling it and not negligence or shitsec behavior.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #727449

PapaMichael wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pmDid the superhero rper look like an antag?
Uh, he was wearing normal assistant stuff with a gas mask and a bedsheet cape, with his ID on.
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #727455

MooCow12 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:12 am On one hand, not being held in custody for long makes it lean towards an ic issue

on the other hand, the shuttle itself is a part in the round where everypony wants to be active and free because its when a lot of plots and conflicting ponyfactions converge, keeping somepony cuffed until the round ends fnr is borderline early EORG, and adminponies tend to still go after ponies that are offline anyway.
This is your first funny bit
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #727457

I feel that the admin could've explained their reasoning better. Something like "OK, so, looking into the logs I wasn't able to find a reason for your arrest, so I wanted to message the secoff in question to get their side of the story, but they seem to have disconnected already. Since your arrest duration was shorter than 10 minutes, per Security Policy it should be ruled as an IC problem, and even if your arrest was unjust I don't feel comfortable giving a note to someone without knowing the full context of the situation."
Comm from
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #727474

The best therapy to feeling like you were wronged in spaceman simulator is an admin menacingly whispering in your ear "its been dealt with" but i dont think lieing is something admins are allowed to do.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #727482

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 pm This complaint could have been a feedback, I feel.
This post gave me "This meeting could've been an email" vibes
Spoiler:
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #727484

TheSmallBlue wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:27 pm I feel that the admin could've explained their reasoning better. Something like "OK, so, looking into the logs I wasn't able to find a reason for your arrest, so I wanted to message the secoff in question to get their side of the story, but they seem to have disconnected already. Since your arrest duration was shorter than 10 minutes, per Security Policy it should be ruled as an IC problem, and even if your arrest was unjust I don't feel comfortable giving a note to someone without knowing the full context of the situation."
Tbf, sometimes it's hard to make a satisfying ticket response when you're in a rush bc the round is about to end, you might have another ticket on the clock, and you just gotta rush the deal. Rhials is also still a Candymin so we can't really expect perfect replies even if Isratosh helped him bake them. On the other hand, Rhials kind of said the same as you, but with less fluff, possibly due to the hurry. Nonetheless, the reply you suggested could probably be more satisfying to the player (judging from the tickets I posted, I doubt it but meh) and I'll make sure Rhials gives it a look, so thanks for the suggestion :heart:
Spoiler:
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #727485

admins should just move nothing complaints into the appropriate feedback threads if it doesnt happen already
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #727488

TheLoLSwat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:55 pm admins should just move nothing complaints into the appropriate feedback threads if it doesnt happen already
That's what the Headmins will do if they find the complaint not to hold anything beyond feedback
Spoiler:
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #727491

Justice12354 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:19 pm
Tbf, sometimes it's hard to make a satisfying ticket response when you're in a rush bc the round is about to end, you might have another ticket on the clock, and you just gotta rush the deal. Rhials is also still a Candymin so we can't really expect perfect replies even if Isratosh helped him bake them.
OH yeah I don't doubt it at all, didn't mean for my message to come off as "heh, these badmins don't know nothin about proper tickets....", that's not what I think at all
Comm from
BonChoi
Byond Username: BonChoi

Post by BonChoi » #727493

time for another mandatory 72 hour training session
Another bad take provided by yours truly.

Istoprocent1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:36 pm Baseless claims. I have been to the vault minimum of 38 times, how many suicides?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #727622

fuck off
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: