Rulebending racist retard rages rigorously

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Rulebending racist retard rages rigorously

Post by Timonk » #727514

joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Re: Rulebending racist retard rages rigorously

Post by Timonk » #727515

- Cunt
- Idiot
- retard
- retard
- cunt
- dumbfuck
- mongaloid (yes, i spelled it how he did)
- ligger
- retard
- mother fucker
TLDR i would have been permabanned from goon if i did this
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #727518

It's not the first time he got angry and would start spouting insults. He looks like he has major anger issues. It does not look and feel IC at all. Don't even try to tell him to not do something after he does it as a superior IC. He will not listen.

A big chunk of Manuel has NOT been wanting him there because of his behaviour.

The only way I can see him staying without getting permabanned by something eventually is if he changed his static, name and all and fixed the anger problems.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #727520

Constellado wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:28 pm
The only way I can see him staying without getting permabanned by something eventually is if he changed his static, name and all and fixed the anger problems.
He already has changed his 'static'. He was a fucking moron and kept the appearance so everyone instantly knew it was him.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #727522

I'm honestly surprised he didn't ahelp this situation himself and then open an admin complaint when it didn't go his way again.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #727523

Wait, hold the phone.

He can write full sentences?
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #727524

I just dont play manny when hes on
because I'm just going to get metagrudged again
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #727525

If he can make a character that acts like he does to admins he would be more liked.

But even then...

He is very very much missing the entire point here. He is playing by the rules only, and is not seeing *why* he got banned. He got banned for being a big old asshole. He can only defend rule 11 but not rule 1. There is a way to play an asshole character that is fun for all involved and feels IC. That is not how you do it. Calling a person a retard every time they disagree is very low effort and just looks OOC. I don't care if you had IC reasoning for it, in my opinion what he did was too far.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Blacklist897
Byond Username: Blacklist897

Post by Blacklist897 » #727526

this dude is a banbaiting asshole who screams retard at you ic and then acts all woe is me in ahelps
profile picture by "Cowboy Owlbear"
I play alexander Moore on Manuel
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #727527

"Appo Martin"

I am not surprised at all. I distinctly remember saying a week and a half ago that I felt like he was going to be QC banned or something.

Anyway, I'm surprised MSO is letting the "ligger = racism" thing stand? Is it because of the overall context of the entire situation, or what? Since I know he explicitly protected the term.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #727528

if you use ligger in a context that seems out of place and more fitting for the n-word you are gonna have a bad time.

Using it on a human (regardless of skincolor) smells like you are just using it as a stand in the n-word, as a random insult to be thrown around to get a reaction. at that point it stops being speciesism and stops fitting under the exception for ic species-ism.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #727529

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification MSO.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #727531

I swear always only realize that some player I can't even recall was a massive dickhead after they got banned and everyone comes out with their horror stories with said player.

I guess it helps that I stick to solitary jobs. The only guy I was 100% expecting to get banned was that one guy who's entire character being a doctor (or something) and baiting people with IC racism to the point of absurdity. IIRC that was the guy that ended up being stuffed into a bodybag and intentionally forgotten in the morgue or something. If ALL of medbay is willing to let your corpse rot you really done goofed somewhere along the way.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #727532

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:18 am The only guy I was 100% expecting to get banned was that one guy who's entire character being a doctor (or something) and baiting people with IC racism to the point of absurdity. IIRC that was the guy that ended up being stuffed into a bodybag and intentionally forgotten in the morgue or something. If ALL of medbay is willing to let your corpse rot you really done goofed somewhere along the way.
OH WAIT IT WAS THE SAME GUY AHAHAHAHA
viewtopic.php?t=34333
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #727533

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 am
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:18 am The only guy I was 100% expecting to get banned was that one guy who's entire character being a doctor (or something) and baiting people with IC racism to the point of absurdity. IIRC that was the guy that ended up being stuffed into a bodybag and intentionally forgotten in the morgue or something. If ALL of medbay is willing to let your corpse rot you really done goofed somewhere along the way.
OH WAIT IT WAS THE SAME GUY AHAHAHAHA
viewtopic.php?t=34333
HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAH

How is he still here.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #727534

i would do this but to moths because currently thats like half the crew on terry
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #727535

This one man hates lizards more than Shepard hates Batarians
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #727537

Fuck this guy
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #727539

We need to restore order to tg...
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #727540

Drag wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 amFuck this guy
hell no wtf
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

carshalash

Post by carshalash » #727542

Timonk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 pm - Cunt
What's wrong with saying cunt?
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #727543

What is their ic name tho

Also I feel like this is gonna result in "ligger" being turned into a banned word if its not being used for its purpose which is to kill bait lizards
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
AsbestosSniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #727548

carshalash wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 am
Timonk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 pm - Cunt
What's wrong with saying cunt?
Nothing, people call others cunts plenty of times on /tg/, it's the other insults that landed Avaster in hot water.
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #727554

cunt is like the meanest word that isn't a racial slur for some of us non-oceaniacs
and then for them it's just what you call everyone
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

Post by Bepis » #727555

Fuck is fun, but it's so overused. I used to say fuck/fuckin' as a buffering word to think of what I actually wanted to say. You can really draw out the F, just let it hiss through your teeth.

Cunt is probably my favorite word, period. Starts out strong, and that ending T in the word really helps stick the landing.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #727559

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am Also I feel like this is gonna result in "ligger" being turned into a banned word if its not being used for its purpose which is to kill bait lizards
Unless MSO picks a new host or he wakes up someday and decides that his whole life has been a lie, "ligger" is here to stay
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #727560

AsbestosSniffer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am This one man hates lizards more than Shepard hates Batarians
ok but is it more than Admiral Hackett's hate for Batarians
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #727562

Justice12354 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:57 pm
MooCow12 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am Also I feel like this is gonna result in "ligger" being turned into a banned word if its not being used for its purpose which is to kill bait lizards
Unless MSO picks a new host or he wakes up someday and decides that his whole life has been a lie, "ligger" is here to stay
At least on Manuel, ligger might as well be banned. I've rarely seen someone say it without getting their head slammed into a table to the point of breaking both.
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #727565

Out of curiosity, are there any other rules/diktats on the server entirely from MSO aside from the ligger thing?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #727567

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:55 pm
At least on Manuel, ligger might as well be banned. I've rarely seen someone say it without getting their head slammed into a table to the point of breaking both.
Being met with IC consequences I think isn't the same as it being banned. If it was banned you'd have your head slammed by an admin, not another player.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #727568

PapaMichael wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm Out of curiosity, are there any other rules/diktats on the server entirely from MSO aside from the ligger thing?
The ligger thing is more out of his wish for a separation between bigotry and species-ism as well as not explicitly banning the use of words but how they're used.

For instance: I can call myself a faggot here because that word isn't banned and I'm not being bigoted by doing so (I'm bisexual). If I did that on Goon, I would be banned. If I call someone else a faggot, I run the risk of being banned here, since that's bigoted.

That's really the only mandate I can think of that's relevant rules-wise. He's had a few codebase mandates before (not removing viruses from the game was a pretty contentious one) but the only real rules one is "Don't ban words, ban using them in bigoted contexts".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #727571

I generally tend to qualify anything about the use of slurs with "in anger" because as Vekter points up, intent and context are what matter here - the disposition of bigotry or prejudice - not the words themselves.

that said, I also tend to avoid using even the ones that I might apply to myself or share with friends in a non-bigoted sense (like using homophobic terms to self-describe as a matter of self-acceptance or reclaiming them) because it's a bad practice to keep when you don't know your audience and they don't know you -

if you've gotten hit with hate crimes and sincere bigotry, it's not likely to help you feel safe in a space to come in and see the same repertoire being used without the context. it creates a grey area in which those who might hold prejudices can smuggle them in and get the impression they're allowed to act out or express them here when they're not.

this isn't the rule - this is just my personal philosophy about it. if you're going to use them, save your slurs for use only with your intimates and interrogate why you might be using them in the first place.
feedback appreciated here <3
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #727572

Jacquerel wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:58 pm
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:55 pm
Being met with IC consequences I think isn't the same as it being banned. If it was banned you'd have your head slammed by an admin, not another player.
True, but I would argue that with the intensity that it is enforced on manuel by it's population it might as well be a ban there at least, at least to a limited extent.

Ligger is still 100% cringe; at least be original if you're going to be discriminatory.
Higgin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm I generally tend to qualify anything about the use of slurs with "in anger" because as Vekter points up, intent and context are what matter here - the disposition of bigotry or prejudice - not the words themselves.

that said, I also tend to avoid using even the ones that I might apply to myself or share with friends in a non-bigoted sense (like using homophobic terms to self-describe as a matter of self-acceptance or reclaiming them) because it's a bad practice to keep when you don't know your audience and they don't know you -

if you've gotten hit with hate crimes and sincere bigotry, it's not likely to help you feel safe in a space to come in and see the same repertoire being used without the context. it creates a grey area in which those who might hold prejudices can smuggle them in and get the impression they're allowed to act out or express them here when they're not.

this isn't the rule - this is just my personal philosophy about it. if you're going to use them, save your slurs for use only with your intimates and interrogate why you might be using them in the first place.
Admittedly I've let lose a few "tard" and "retard" insults in anger for someone being incredibly and recklessly stupid ingame but I try to limit it.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #727576

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm True, but I would argue that with the intensity that it is enforced on manuel by it's population it might as well be a ban there at least, at least to a limited extent.

Ligger is still 100% cringe; at least be original if you're going to be discriminatory.
If players choose to utilize the rules available to robust their fellow players into compliance, who am I to argue with them and what they want for the community? The person who said it got what they were hoping for. A reaction. And the person responding is entitled to dole out that reaction in according degrees of escalation. If it means the culture shifts, good for us I say.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #727577

Just call the lizards something creative. It took me forever to realise AI gets to call them Taildraggers with Vox and I find it immensely funny that was included over the lazy option
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #727581

Can we R9 this guy?
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #727586

Who do I even ask for the "objective opinion"....
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #727588

my objective opinion is that this guy sucks, is utterly toxic ic to the point of it no longer being justifiable under the pretenses of "ic", absolutely knew what he was doing, and was incredibly lucky to get off with 4 days
you can send my check in the mail
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #727589

avaster wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 pm but if nothing I've said will change/has changed your opinion I'd rather get an outside perspective / objective opinion to the situation. hope you understand
Hello, I am an outside perspective.
I think that the ban should be retained and also that your bed should be filled with sand. Thank you.
PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #727590

too slow and i did it better nerd
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #727591

PapaMichael wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm too slow and i did it better nerd
you werent objective enough
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #727604

My objective opinion is the color purple looks the coolest
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Constellado

Post by Constellado » #727607

4 days???

Fuck this I was hoping for a whole week of peace.

Noooo
My friends are going to dissapear again.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #727608

DaydreamIQ wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 pm Just call the lizards something creative. It took me forever to realise AI gets to call them Taildraggers with Vox and I find it immensely funny that was included over the lazy option
He was calling a human a ligger.

So, just like usual, we all know what he is doing, but for some reason, we're being forced to be ignorant of his garbage behaviour.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #727619

who cares
who cares
who cares
who cares
i saw that his was a peanuit thread in the OP and immediately stopped reading i did not read any of your posts you are all to be shamed for still doing this it has been a decade get a job
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #727620

fucking locked
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: