Play on Sybil today :>

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #727830

The problem with Sybil having low people is caused by people not playing. I think more people should be playing, so then more people will be playing!

Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Re: Play on Sybil today :>

Post by Scriptis » #727831

but im busy
Spoiler:

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #727832

I'll play a couple rounds when I get home
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #727833

We've done it! Bagil has regained its rightful place!
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #727836

Its finals week :c
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #727838

clear case of too much draining

pity

terry will be gone by the end of next year.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #727840

drain gang
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #727841

dendydoom wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:25 pmdrain gang
play on sybil
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #727850

Kendrickorium wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:53 pm clear case of too much draining

pity

terry will be gone by the end of next year.
Another funeral? :(
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Bdudy
Byond Username: Bdudy

Post by Bdudy » #727914

I wasn't looking until this past month or so. Where did the population go????
Someone explain it to me. I don't mind the 6 player rounds though
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #727916

Everybody has their own theories on where pop went
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #727917

Some say that they are sleeping still, beneath a hill, and will return at the moment they are needed the most
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #727918

They went to blackstone
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #727952

Jacquerel wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:19 am Some say that they are sleeping still, beneath a hill, and will return at the moment they are needed the most
What are they, Constantine the XIth?
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #727972

Bdudy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:52 pm I wasn't looking until this past month or so. Where did the population go????
they banned all the "problematic" people

they force maps no one wants to play on with the new voting system

i can't talk about manuelmins or manuelplayers throwing tantrums and crying on sybil because of sybil players because it's "problematic"

too many admins butt patting other admins in game and out so players have zero voice

etc etc
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728009

Wait you guys were serious about the “grrr mrpmins ruining tg” thing? I thought that was silly pretend server tribalism.

The vote system change was 100% trash and you can’t convince me otherwise. Don't @t me.
Last edited by RedBaronFlyer on Fri May 03, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #728010

Can someone explain what's happening?
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728013

a xenomorph vored all of sybil's pop
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #728014

the sea peoples got them
feedback appreciated here <3
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #728048

what was up with the sea peoples anyway? they just came outta nowhere and decided to end the bronze age
why did they do that

and why dont we know where they came from? we NEED every scientist we have to work on this and figure it out
they could come back any fucking time and end the information age too
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #728049

scamoppi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm what was up with the sea peoples anyway? they just came outta nowhere and decided to end the bronze age
why did they do that
bit of a laugh innit
AnonymousForumUser
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by AnonymousForumUser » #728050

Jacquerel wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:37 pm
scamoppi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm what was up with the sea peoples anyway? they just came outta nowhere and decided to end the bronze age
why did they do that
bit of a laugh innit
YOU WERE THERE!?
(forum profile distorted to protect privacy)
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728058

scamoppi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm what was up with the sea peoples anyway? and why dont we know where they came from?
The sea
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #728061

Bdudy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:52 pm I wasn't looking until this past month or so. Where did the population go????
Combination of stagnation from us not having a tide in a while with a new flavor of the week totally not life web server popping up and college finals.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #728075

scamoppi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm and why dont we know where they came from? we NEED every scientist we have to work on this and figure it out
becuase they were not one single blob that came from a single place, it was just groups of tribes migrating due to climate change all over the place and it destabilised the very fragile trade and communication routes of the bronze age.

All complex systems collapse due to disorder eventually.
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 04, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AsbestosSniffer
Byond Username: The Asbestos Sniffer

Post by AsbestosSniffer » #728076

scamoppi wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:36 pm and why dont we know where they came from? we NEED every scientist we have to work on this and figure it out
There are theories, my personal bet is that they were Aegeans/Mycenaean Greeks who were displaced due to uprisings in their home territories (We've found evidence of settlements' palace quarters, such as those at Mycenae being burned). Things like names aren't really reliable to me mostly because the way we "transliterate" Ancient Egyptian is artificial (It's mostly made to make things easier to speak and write for laymen whilst academics debate over the exact pronunciation of stages of Ancient Egyptian). If we look at the actual physical archaeological evidence such as genetics, the depictions of them at sites such as Medinet Habu as well as pottery, it would seem the Sea Peoples were Aegean, made even stronger by the fact that the Philistines also seemed to have Aegean origins (and were thus likely descended from a group of Sea People).

Of course, this is CONJECTURE, there's nothing conclusive that points to the Sea People being this or that, it's simply the opinion of academics which I happen to align with.

Edit: I would also like to add that the Sea Peoples were really the icing on the cake, we've found evidence of that period being remarkably unstable in every other way too (Climate, trade, society, etc), the Sea Peoples could've been displaced themselves, as mentioned before and probably didn't single-handedly bring about the end of the Bronze Age World.
Last edited by AsbestosSniffer on Sat May 04, 2024 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Observer main. Otherwise I play Lucy Trelawney on Manuel.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #728078

it was the atlanteans (before they left for space)
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #728081

My birthday wish is to save lrp ss13
Bdudy

Post by Bdudy » #728108

Kendrickorium wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:35 pm
Listen man I'm not trying to sound like an asshole but I can't stomach another round of birdshit station or whatever that place's name is. What the fuck is going on with that map is my next question
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728115

Bdudy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:22 am
Listen man I'm not trying to sound like an asshole but I can't stomach another round of birdshit station or whatever that place's name is. What the fuck is going on with that map is my next question
no no bro just one more time playing birdshot when two people voted for it bro you don't understand it grows on you when you are chained to this pipe please I haven't had food in two weeks they had to remove the most popular map being the one that won the vote bro you don't understand players just don't like the map because it's new please ignore the other maps people liked fairly quickly like wawa or flander those are fake news they also just had to hide the poll results because the players just couldn't handle the sheer amount of people voting for birdshot bro it's okay that the map plays like hot dogshit on a summer's day it's designed to look and play like ass bro don't you get that it's fun to not have half your departments shit at the start of the round bro don't you like broken window theory coming out in full force bro just one more round bro please don't leave the server

just one more PR bro just one more map PR will make birdshot not suck bro
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #728116

Well Terry pop is still reaching 100
Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #728121

Yeah my wish is gonna get monkey paw'd and Terry will have a massive boon but not a server I don't have 150+ ping to
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #728126

Bdudy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:22 am
It’s fixable (one z level and in space) but the map does not give off good vibes currently
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #728130

I really try to enjoy Birdshot but something's very off about it, and unlike other maps it's super jarring when it gets elected consecutively, specially in low-pop (can't it be made to have a min pop req of 30 already?). I hate to be of this opinion but it looks like it truly is one of the pop killing factors usually.

I think I played on Flander like once and I loved that map almost immediately so it's not about "being used to the others". Where did that map go?? :<

BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #728152

birdshot isnt that bad compared to tramstation before the ladder mouse update and the tram speed updates. birdshot is meant to be shit on purpose to make you feel like you're in a corporate hellhole but not detrimental to the actual gameplay unlike tramstation where it was impossible to get between departments.
Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #728167

Nah Birdshots layout is 100% detrimental to the game, getting lost all the time in the nonsensical station setup basically stops you from using the station as a sandbox for what you want to do and instead forces you to revel in its awfulness.

There's a difference between a death trap and a maze.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #728181

Agux909 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:14 pm I really try to enjoy Birdshot but something's very off about it, and unlike other maps it's super jarring when it gets elected consecutively, specially in low-pop (can't it be made to have a min pop req of 30 already?). I hate to be of this opinion but it looks like it truly is one of the pop killing factors usually.

I think I played on Flander like once and I loved that map almost immediately so it's not about "being used to the others". Where did that map go?? :<
Flaunder station is experiment between rageguy and myself. I do work on it from time to time, but the goal is to have the maintenance filled with players direct input. Since not everyone know how to use mapping tools and I do remember and mark who made what as a memory.
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728182

iansdoor wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:49 pm
Agux909 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:14 pm I really try to enjoy Birdshot but something's very off about it, and unlike other maps it's super jarring when it gets elected consecutively, specially in low-pop (can't it be made to have a min pop req of 30 already?). I hate to be of this opinion but it looks like it truly is one of the pop killing factors usually.

Flaunder station is experiment between rageguy and myself. I do work on it from time to time, but the goal is to have the maintenance filled with players direct input. Since not everyone know how to use mapping tools and I do remember and mark who made what as a memory.
oooooh, that explains why it has so many empty rooms in maints. I always felt like that was odd, but that makes sense.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #728188

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:17 pm Nah Birdshots layout is 100% detrimental to the game, getting lost all the time in the nonsensical station setup basically stops you from using the station as a sandbox for what you want to do and instead forces you to revel in its awfulness.

I miss Kilo
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #728216

dragomagol wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:52 pm
Indie-ana Jones wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:17 pm Nah Birdshots layout is 100% detrimental to the game, getting lost all the time in the nonsensical station setup basically stops you from using the station as a sandbox for what you want to do and instead forces you to revel in its awfulness.

I miss Kilo
Kilo feels a bit run down but it still looks nice in terms of visuals and layout. I still miss it. It felt cozy for lack of a better word and that’s coming from someone who probably only played it a dozen times so it’s not nostalgia or some map I had hundreds of fond stories on.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #728264

What can i say about sybil, that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

It looks bombed out, and depleted.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #728265

Where did the bombs come from
warbluke

Post by warbluke » #728269

Indie-ana Jones wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 pm Where did the bombs come from
Some nabbed from the British Empire, some from the Soviets, some from the U.S.
Places, you know.
Bdudy

Post by Bdudy » #728513

Bdudy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:52 pm I don't mind the 6 player rounds though
I said this and then I tried playing some more. What the fuck am I supposed to do with eight of you people??
Barren, desolate wasteland
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #728531

Can it rise from the dead?
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #728580

half of the servers arent breaking 10 pop. Can we get Sokoban station in rotation now?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #728590

You have to identify the symptoms. I think the main cause is that it is almost basil season, which is taking players from Sybil.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #728744

it kind of hit me like a truck when i started playing again recently how dead sybil is. this shit makes me sad
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)
Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #728756

If I had to identify symptoms:

- Weighted Random in tandem with Birdshot plus a lower pop means Birdshot plays more often, people don't like Birdshot. Weighted Random was also just in general a very player-hostile move, removing their agency
- Above keeps pop lower than favorable, and pop begets pop, preventing the natural cycle of going from Sybil lowpop to Sybil highpop from occurring
- A decent amount of longstanding player bans, usually who were friends of the unbanned players
- Other server opportunities arose recently that haven't shut down after like a month, letting not banned players play with the banned ones
- Threat was never increased after it got pretty well decreased from previous headmin administration, despite the player vote saying they'd much prefer high threat than low threat
- Several Sybil admins retired in a short span, pretty big considering there wasn't much to begin with
- Not many interesting developments/changes with regards to the game itself
- No new player influxes to keep the heart beating

And no, I don't think this is Sybil and Bagil trading active/inactive status. That used to happen because there was actual differences between Sybil and Bagil, none of which exist anymore.
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #728758

its so over