Head Shaving

mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Head Shaving

Post by mosquitoman » #103484

Jacough wrote:Being on fire should cause your hair to burn off over time if you're not wearing fireproof gear. After a minute of being on fire you go completely bald and maybe get a bit of flavor text as well. Great for trolling people who prefer super kawaii long hair
I recommend using the clippers that are already in the game for that purpose. You'd be surprised how confrontational some fagets get when you try shaving them bald :honkman: .
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Jacough » #103719

mosquitoman wrote:
Jacough wrote:Being on fire should cause your hair to burn off over time if you're not wearing fireproof gear. After a minute of being on fire you go completely bald and maybe get a bit of flavor text as well. Great for trolling people who prefer super kawaii long hair
I recommend using the clippers that are already in the game for that purpose. You'd be surprised how confrontational some fagets get when you try shaving them bald :honkman: .
I've done that a couple of times. Had one guy who immediately started punching me and made a beeline for the nearest fire extinguisher when I did it once. Maybe because I played the sad trombone on my PDA.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103721

Yeah and I've dealt with a couple of losers who adminhelped getting killed because of it and I just tell them they're shit outta luck.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #103736

Well, that's your failure, not theirs. That's not by any means a reasonable escalation.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #103742

Have you considered not going out of your way to be a dick to people IC if you aren't expecting them to retaliate?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103744

>I'm totally going to provoke a reaction from this guy by being a huge dick!
>Whoa what the fuck they got mad and robusted me!
>Please ban them!

IC issue, don't start fights you can't deal with.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103752

Saegrimr wrote:Have you considered not being such a special snowflake that if your carefully colored and picked hair gets buzzcut by an assistant you just gotta murder them?
ftfy

On the other hand, the buzzcutter is also in the wrong for being a griffin' killbaiter.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #103766

You talkin' shit about my pomp?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #103821

Ikarrus wrote:>I'm totally going to provoke a reaction from this guy by being a huge dick!
>Please ban them!

Slipping someone for a couple of seconds, shaving their head, and running off never to bother them again isn't really being a huge dick. We're talking about shaving someone's head, not stealing their ID or force feeding them booze.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Head Shaving

Post by imblyings » #103851

>forcing a psychopathic spessman witness and party to over three hundred confirmed deaths and murders to the ground and nonconsensually cutting off their hair on a station where human lives are worth less than a hundred watts of power derived from a free power source
>expecting no consequences
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #103859

Why do you accept this as reasonable escalation but you don't let security kill shitters?
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #103861

Killing someone for doing stuff like head shaving is totally reasonable in SS13 as long as you bring them back for cloning or revival or whatever.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #103879

Scott wrote:Why do you accept this as reasonable escalation but you don't let security kill shitters?
Because the rules explicitly say otherwise as a special rule applicable only to security and nobody has bothered to change that.

That and because secuirty usually has the choice to deal with them non-lethally.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #103898

Killing people for shaving you? My god you people are uncreative. This sort of thing is what the maintenance surgery room and cable restraints were made for.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #103901

Can't a mirror change out of the shaved hairstyle super easily?

I mean if it was a virologist releasing a disease that screwed your appearance forever sure escalate but there simply have to be in game ways to remedy this short of violence.

If we really need it goon used to have hair grow tonic when they had a barber, something similar could be done hey you could even kidnap them and inject them full of it to force them hairy. Now that would be ironic and fitting escalation.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #103908

imblyings wrote:>forcing a psychopathic spessman witness and party to over three hundred confirmed deaths and murders to the ground and nonconsensually cutting off their hair on a station where human lives are worth less than a hundred watts of power derived from a free power source
Alright, next time I'm online I'll beat someone to death for disarming me. After all, my character is a psychotic Spessmen witness and party to over three hundred confirmed deaths and murders and their lives are worth less than a hundred watts of power derived from a free power source.

I take it I can expect no consequences from doing this?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #103915

Incomptinence wrote:Can't a mirror change out of the shaved hairstyle super easily?

I mean if it was a virologist releasing a disease that screwed your appearance forever sure escalate but there simply have to be in game ways to remedy this short of violence.

If we really need it goon used to have hair grow tonic when they had a barber, something similar could be done hey you could even kidnap them and inject them full of it to force them hairy. Now that would be ironic and fitting escalation.
I seem to recall goof ported hairgrownium, but maybe not.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #103921

If you go out of your way to be a dick (regardless of how big the dick is) to another player for no legitimate reason, they have every right to seek retaliation (though if they're creative and torture you in maint for an hour, bonus points). It's not the action so much as the meaning behind it: "I intend to cause trouble with you because I dislike you".
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #103957

Checked it mirrors reverse it in seconds it doesn't remove hair forever or anything IT JUST CHANGES YOUR HAIR STYLE. This is hardly being a dick this is less than "HE STOLE MY GENERIC ASSISTANT SHOES MUST KILL!" but more that in an insane dimension with literal infinite shoe machines some people still choose to fight to the death over mass produced shoes.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #103970

Its more "people that annoy you are valid".

This is a good thing.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #103983

Pretty sure nobody here said to go kill people that annoy you, and anybody posting here should fully expect a ban incoming if they think they're gonna be cute about it.

The point is if you're gonna go out of your way to be a dick to people, you shouldn't expect them to just walk away and dealwithit, and I certainly wont feel sympathy if you have to take a trip to medbay afterwards.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #103985

Ikarrus wrote:>I'm totally going to provoke a reaction from this guy by being a huge dick!
>Please ban them!

Saegrimr wrote:Have you considered not going out of your way to be a dick to people IC if you aren't expecting them to retaliate?
You should probably see a doctor about your bipolar disorder.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #103991

Jacough wrote:
imblyings wrote:>forcing a psychopathic spessman witness and party to over three hundred confirmed deaths and murders to the ground and nonconsensually cutting off their hair on a station where human lives are worth less than a hundred watts of power derived from a free power source
Alright, next time I'm online I'll beat someone to death for disarming me. After all, my character is a psychotic Spessmen witness and party to over three hundred confirmed deaths and murders and their lives are worth less than a hundred watts of power derived from a free power source.

I take it I can expect no consequences from doing this?
>I'm going to do X which I know greatly annoys some people
>I'm going to go onto the forums to not only defend doing X but shitstir when people express the opinion that X is really annoying and if you start shit you get hit

stop
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #104002

Malkevin wrote:You should probably see a doctor about your bipolar disorder.
That's the exact problem with this community. You can't have anything be "IC" anymore because you'll get wonderful nuggets like
Jacough wrote:Alright, next time I'm online I'll beat someone to death for disarming me.
Then again these are the people i'd love to Rule 0 straight into the ban appeals section.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104019

And what exactly is so bad about killing someone that disarm spams you?
Is there any need for a spessmen to disarm another spessman? No, there isn't.

Like I've been saying for years: if people run the risk of getting dunked for being a cunt they're less likely to be a cunt.
Apparently the low rules round Sticky recently ran proved me right, again.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #104027

Malkevin wrote:And what exactly is so bad about killing someone that disarm spams you?
Is there any need for a spessmen to disarm another spessman? No, there isn't.

Like I've been saying for years: if people run the risk of getting dunked for being a cunt they're less likely to be a cunt.
Apparently the low rules round Sticky recently ran proved me right, again.
Jesus christ am I really the outlier here? Is the entire server seriously wanting a 24/7 pseudo-deathmatch or what? Is the only reason stopping people from just toolboxing eachother at roundstart the fact we like to pretend we have any semblance of roleplay, or "light RP"?
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #104035

Saegrimr wrote:Pretty sure nobody here said to go kill people that annoy you, and anybody posting here should fully expect a ban incoming if they think they're gonna be cute about it.

The point is if you're gonna go out of your way to be a dick to people, you shouldn't expect them to just walk away and dealwithit, and I certainly wont feel sympathy if you have to take a trip to medbay afterwards.
A trip to medbay isn't a problem. Getting knocked around a bit for shaving someone's head seems like a reasonable response unless they start fighting back in which case, hey go ahead and start kicking their face in. That's why I'm fairly cool with what happened to me. Dude punched me a few times then made a beeline for the nearest fire extinguisher but didn't cave my head in with it. He sort of stood back brandishing it as if to say "come closer and I'll splatter your brains all over the floor" sort of way which again, seemed fair. I played the sad trombone sound and walked off. That was the end of the ordeal.

What I'm saying is that it's a problem if they decide "Oh hey! The clown just shaved my head and ran off! Better chase him down and murder him over something that can easily be fixed in five seconds with a mirror!". Minor nuisances like that should warrant a trip to medbay to get a few patches or a sleeper pod, not a trip to cloning to be brought back from the dead.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #104040

Jacough wrote:What I'm saying is that it's a problem if they decide "Oh hey! The clown just shaved my head and ran off! Better chase him down and murder him over something that can easily be fixed in five seconds with a mirror!".
Dude can and will catch a ban for it then.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #104064

Is it seriously so hard to just not be a cunt about it? The reason we cannot ever have nice things is that as soon as an admin says you should be able to robust people who are needlessly dickish to you a million shitters go "OH WOW LOL U CAN VALID PEOPLE WHO SHAVE UR HEAD TIME TO GET DEM KILLS!" Seriously it does not seem that hard to know when it is appropriate to beat someone up
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #104066

Wyzack wrote:Is it seriously so hard to just not be a cunt about it? The reason we cannot ever have nice things is that as soon as an admin says you should be able to robust people who are needlessly dickish to you a million shitters go "OH WOW LOL U CAN VALID PEOPLE WHO SHAVE UR HEAD TIME TO GET DEM KILLS!" Seriously it does not seem that hard to know when it is appropriate to beat someone up
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #104070

I kinda want to throw people into perma after shaving their heads.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104073

Someone give me one good reason why you should go around shaving people's heads against their will.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #104075

Malkevin wrote:Someone give me one good reason why you should go around shaving people's heads against their will.
Yea, My statement was too simple. I wish SECURITY would shave anyone stuck into perma and/or gulag.

Personally I feel as though anyone shaving a random person in the hall has every right to get their shit kicked in.(And also shaved)
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #104080

Why? To laugh at how mad they get and waste their time by refusing to engage in combat and just run around until they either give up, or catch you.
It's like yackity sax with security, but without the tasers.

Pretty much why washing Ian was funny, Or stealing shoes, Or hiding by a wet floor tile in a closet and leaping out with a toy energy sword and scaring the shit out of someone.

Honestly the only real problem with head shaving is when the shaver turns on the person who got shaved and beats the dog shit out of them,
If you earn your licks take em. I do.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #104081

People trying to steal things from you might at least have something to gain from it.

Head shaving has zero practical benefit. It's done purely just to be an asshole.

Which is fine. Just don't expect admins to protect you from getting your shit kicked in.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #104082

Malkevin wrote:Someone give me one good reason why you should go around shaving people's heads against their will.
Because it's a completely harmless and amusing prank to pull as a clown that can be fixed in like 10 seconds by walking up to a mirror and clicking it? Give me one good reason why it's a good idea to outright murder the guy for doing that.
Honestly the only real problem with head shaving is when the shaver turns on the person who got shaved and beats the dog shit out of them,
If you earn your licks take em. I do.
A few licks for the prank is fine. Shit I actually find it makes it more amusing. Outright murder though is just way too extreme, especially if it ends up taking the person out of the round permanently.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #104086

This thread is extremely dumb. Head shaving is so benign and easy to fix that next you'll be calling people valid for equally benign things, like picking someone's pockets, slipping them or tabling them.

This never used to be an issue until Ikarrus apparently independently decided to make it one a few days ago.

I don't shave people's heads, and usually retaliate by disarming the shaver, stealing the clippers and trying to shave them back, but still, I want people to be able to have a bit of harmless fun at other people's expense in the game without having to sit out for it.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #104093

This entire thread is insane. I propose we amend the server rules to the following

1. Dont be a cunt

2. If someone is being a cunt, you may do one (But not both) of the following: Slap their shit, or adminhelp it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104179

Amnestik wrote:This thread is extremely dumb. Head shaving is so benign and easy to fix that next you'll be calling people valid for equally benign things, like picking someone's pockets, slipping them or tabling them.
Its not about head shaving your dunderhead, its about the broader question of "If x is a jerk to y, does x still get admin protection when y decides to plow x's skull?"

And yes, picking pockets and slipping and tabling people should all make you valid for retribution, why?
Because:
-A. its how we used to do things before the wet nurses took over the server.
-B. life is cheap in spessmens, we have cloning technology, we have borging technology, we ability to regrow someone as a plant, and we have slimes that are able to pull spirits into a mortal body.
-C. All of the above have zero reason for a non-antag to do beyond being a jerk, all of the above are things antags do to do antag things or to murder people - a normal person shouldn't have to hesitate and go "Oh he's only a jerk, I can't defend myself" and then quickly find up the jerk is actually an antag who then proceeds to murder them.

Really, if you've got nothing better to do in the round than going around being an asshat, perhaps you're surplus to requirements?
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #104182

Malkevin wrote:
Really, if you've got nothing better to do in the round than going around being an asshat, perhaps you're surplus to requirements?
Or a clown. :honkman:
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #104192

>Get head shaved
>reason to fight, understandable.

To fight or beat up. Fine.
To kill? No.

Especially when

>You can literally....go to ANY mirror. ANY mirror. Get your special snow flake hair back.
My question to people who are complaining about this, why is this really not your answer to this solution instead of go straight to murder town?

Is it really that much of an inconvience to lose your hair, go to the dorms and get the same hair in under a second?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104193

Jacough wrote:
Because it's a completely harmless and amusing prank to pull as a clown that can be fixed in like 10 seconds by walking up to a mirror and clicking it? Give me one good reason why it's a good idea to outright murder the guy for doing that.
Falamazeer wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Or a clown. :honkman:
I said a good reason, being a clown isn't an excuse to be a jerk, your job is to entertain people not yourself.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #104216

This is a level bellow petty theft Malkevin a resource hasn't even been expended during the prank no damage dealt either.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104223

As I've already said, it's not about shaving someone's head it's about being a jerk and expecting to get away with it.

Put yourself in the shoes of the victim.
You're just standing in the hallway, minding your own business, when some arsehole clown shoves you to the ground and shaves your hair off - its publicly humiliating.
You're asking that a player, who is being good, has to put up with and deal with some other player, who has decided to be a jerk for no reason other than it gives them a slight chuckle - you're telling me this isn't going to be infuriating to some people and actually drive off the good players?

A bully shoving a nerd into a locker doesn't harm the nerd either, but would YOU want to be that nerd?

Stop drawing lines in the sand, all it ever does is allow line toeing shitburgers an area where they can keep being line toeing shitburgers whilst chanting "la-laaa can't touch me!"

I'm not saying you should space the clown, but critting them and tossing them in the hallway with the rest of the trash is the least they should expect.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #104228

Malkevin wrote:As I've already said, it's not about shaving someone's head it's about being a jerk and expecting to get away with it.

Put yourself in the shoes of the victim.
You're just standing in the hallway, minding your own business, when some arsehole clown shoves you to the ground and shaves your hair off - its publicly humiliating.
You're asking that a player, who is being good, has to put up with and deal with some other player, who has decided to be a jerk for no reason other than it gives them a slight chuckle - you're telling me this isn't going to be infuriating to some people and actually drive off the good players?

A bully shoving a nerd into a locker doesn't harm the nerd either, but would YOU want to be that nerd?

Stop drawing lines in the sand, all it ever does is allow line toeing shitburgers an area where they can keep being line toeing shitburgers whilst chanting "la-laaa can't touch me!"

I'm not saying you should space the clown, but critting them and tossing them in the hallway with the rest of the trash is the least they should expect.
Why do I get the feeling that you were bullied when you were younger?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #104229

Because I play Spessmens and therefore am likely to be a nerd like the rest of you?

Yes, I was bullied in school. And you know what I did about it?
I took up karate.

Funny thing is, I've never once had to throw a fist in anger because as soon as it got out that I'd learned to defend myself the bullying stopped.
Because bullies are pussies.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #104241

And this has jack shit to do with getting your head toolboxed in for shaving someone, does it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #104263

Malkevin wrote:Put yourself in the shoes of the victim.
This about sums up my take on it.
It's not the specific nitty-gritty details of it - in fact, boiling things down to a million tiny little clauses and subclauses and "can I do this" and "can I do that" is pretty much how these line-toeing shitters operate. The only important question here is "did this person go out of their way to fuck with someone who was minding their own business?"

The go out of their way part is the important thing here. "oh it's just two minutes to go to the dorms" - that's two minutes of their time that they didn't want to spend going to the dorms and just wanted to play spessmans. Essentially, all the people defending these sorts of actions and saying they shouldn't be getting dunked for them, no matter what form they take, are essentially saying that other players' enjoyment of the game is less important than theirs.

Seriously, the rules-lawyering over shitters demanding their rights to be shit because something's not technically bannable - fuck it, does a server lose anything of value by shitcanning them? I've tossed people out of tabletop games for less.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #104268

Basically what I get from this thread:

Be a dick all you want, but don't whine and bitch when you get dicked back.

Sounds fair to me.
Last edited by Xhagi on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #104269

Screemonster wrote: It's not the specific nitty-gritty details of it - in fact, boiling things down to a million tiny little clauses and subclauses and "can I do this" and "can I do that" is pretty much how these line-toeing shitters operate. The only important question here is "did this person go out of their way to fuck with someone who was minding their own business?"
Should just replace the rules with these guidelines honestly.