Leaving banana peels in shuttle entrance airlocks

Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Leaving banana peels in shuttle entrance airlocks

Post by Amnestik » #104980

Just came from a round where I and some other guy reached the shuttle last second, only to be spaced because someone had left a large banana peel under one of the entrance airlocks. I adminhelped it, and the anonymous admin who answered it called it funny and said they didn't really consider it to be shuttle griefing.

From my what I know it's been widely accepted for years that blocking access to the shuttle or spacing people out of it as a non-antag is shuttle griefing. So I'd like some clarification around this. Was this one admin making a decision based on how they felt rather than what rules/precedents indicate or has there been some loosening in policy around shuttle griefing that I (and perhaps any other player) don't know about yet.

I'd make a ban request for whoever did it, but as this admin didn't take my complaint seriously and the round ended shortly afterwards, there wasn't time to get the fingerprints off the peel and banana peel dropping isn't logged/banana slips if listed in attack logs don't have the dropper listed beside them afaik.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Leaving banana peels in shuttle entrance airlocks

Post by Saegrimr » #104990

This IS shuttle griefing, and no different from lubing up the halls. Unfortunately we don't have things like fingerprint logs for that so now that the round is over the evidence is essentially gone. I'll talk with the other admin about this and get more info.

Edit: Talked it over, shouldn't happen in the future.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #105316

A banana peel is now shuttle grief?

We are seriously moving towards a no fun allowed policy aren't we.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #105322

A banana peel in the airlock on the shuttle side seconds before the shuttle is launching...maybe.

I tend to leave them on the interior airlock doors on the station side, so at least no depressurisation occurs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105324

CPTANT wrote:A banana peel is now shuttle grief?

Good job reading the rules page there.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Policy
6. Griefing on the shuttle can also be a no warning ban scaling up from 15 minutes. Shuttle griefing is attacking people or preventing people boarding before the shuttle has launched for no IC reason.

If your "IC reason" is "lel so fanny" then you can go right up there with "lol my character iz so insane!!1""
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #105343

Saegrimr wrote:
CPTANT wrote:A banana peel is now shuttle grief?

Good job reading the rules page there.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Roleplay_Policy
6. Griefing on the shuttle can also be a no warning ban scaling up from 15 minutes. Shuttle griefing is attacking people or preventing people boarding before the shuttle has launched for no IC reason.

If your "IC reason" is "lel so fanny" then you can go right up there with "lol my character iz so insane!!1""
This is exactly the reason why the completely spelled out rules are so stupid. Someone will always take them to the extreme to justify banning people. This rule was obviously ment to prevent people from shockbolting the escape doors or building reinforced walls in front of the doors. Not to go boohoo when there is a banana peel in the way.

I found reading this story fucking hilarious. Teeth grinding horrible hilarious if it happens to yourself, but hilarious non the less.

The fun police is real.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105345

CPTANT wrote:This is exactly the reason why the completely spelled out rules are so stupid. Someone will always take them to the extreme to justify banning people. This rule was obviously ment to prevent people from shockbolting the escape doors or building reinforced walls in front of the doors.
And the exact same thing with shitters like you dropping max potency banana peels in the airlocks or lubing up the hallway while people are trying to escape because "I WAS HAVING FUN".
Your fun doesn't come at the expense of others, save it for when you're an antag.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #105351

CPTANT wrote:This rule was obviously ment to prevent people from shockbolting the escape doors or building reinforced walls in front of the doors. Not to go boohoo when there is a banana peel in the way.
Guy who actually added that rule here.

It's totally meant to cover a wide variety of things, from players hindering others from entering it, or spamming banana peels/other obstructions, to simply spam, because the shuttle is such a shitty place for peopel to start shit in.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #105389

honk :peel: :honk: :honkman:

seriously though this is the kind of shit you reserve for antag clown/botanist. does no one know that anymore?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #105463

I have no qualms with banana peels anywhere on the shuttle other than the entryway. I don't care about being slipped or tabled on the shuttle, only about being prevented from boarding by someone hoping to get away with stranding/spacing a guy because the admins won't be able to tell who left the peel.

In my case I didn't really suffer much because of it. I only had to observe for a couple of minutes until round-end. But it's still random murder, and fucks over antags who have spent the shift working towards greentext.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #105836

Just get the fuck out
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #105839

Any problems could be somewhat mitigated by swapping the evac shuttle to face a west to east direction instead of a north to south, means there's more places to get on the shuttle so there's less of a mass congregation of people trying to squeeze into a few doors.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105840

Or people could just not be dicks by leaving peels and lube all over the hallways.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #105844

Steelpoint wrote:Any problems could be somewhat mitigated by swapping the evac shuttle to face a west to east direction instead of a north to south, means there's more places to get on the shuttle so there's less of a mass congregation of people trying to squeeze into a few doors.
And harder for traitors to hijack it? No thx.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #105847

The only way traitors can hijack the shuttle is if they get the outer doors bolted/emagged shut and are able to rapidly break into the cockpit and emag it. There is no way in the seven hells a lone traitor can hold off the crew or kill the entire crew to secure the shuttle outside of very low pop. If anything the design I have in mind would not really change the difficulty much, but I'm getting off topic.

I honestly think why do we care about this? Outside of someone wielding the airlock doors shut and emagging them I think people just need to be more careful.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #105989

oranges wrote:Just get the fuck out
Why? For complaining about *rdm which has been against the rules *since probably /tg/'s inception?

Maybe you should get the fuck back to Nox.
Last edited by Amnestik on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #105990

Kelenius wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Any problems could be somewhat mitigated by swapping the evac shuttle to face a west to east direction instead of a north to south, means there's more places to get on the shuttle so there's less of a mass congregation of people trying to squeeze into a few doors.
And harder for traitors to hijack it? No thx.
You don't even play here, why do you care?