"It's silicon policy time!" "No CentCom no!"

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

"It's silicon policy time!" "No CentCom no!"

Post by Pandarsenic » #2822

Bottom post of the previous page:

So, having undergone review by admins, I am now releasing this for public review:

Read this before posting. http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf Read this before posting.
This is intended as a thread for discussion of the ongoing hell that is making silicon policy for /tg/station13.

The goal is to create a concise listing of things that are policy, things that should be policy, and necessary information to follow that policy, with an understanding that this is primarily a precedent reference guide for people lacking experience with /tg/station13 and/or with our silicons.
This will be our /Silicon Policy General/ and the administrative team will (one hopes) take playerbase feedback about what should or should not be the case into account, but it is not obligated or guaranteed to make your opinion law.

You can use this as a place for general discussion, ask-an-admin hypotheticals, and so on. Also, if Callan speaks here, I'm just going to go ahead and say he speaks with my full support of just about anything he says as official until stated otherwise.

I'm going to moderate this topic aggressively. ANY shitposting, shitflinging, aggressive attitude towards each other or admins, and so on will be warned and deleted. No exceptions. You will discuss this matter civilly or not at all.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: "It's silicon policy time!" "No CentCom no!"

Post by callanrockslol » #10897

Malkevin wrote:Personally I think being able to fix everything with two boards is crap design. It should be difficult to fix a subverted AI.
Only if we make it hard to subvert the AI in the first place.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #10922

The upload is guarded by fucking turrets and potentially deconstructed or worse. How much harder do you want? The difficulty of repairing a subverted AI lies in the skill of the AI player and it can be hard as fuck so no.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11980

Assuming this in the OP is the current version. Ctrl+F Changeling. Note how there's nothing. This ban appeal and especially this post from HBL shows that there kinda does need to be a special case here. It's longstanding (albeit unwritten) server policy that, unless the AI sees the guy husk a guy, or sees him turn into a monkey or sprout an armblade or something similarly unmistakably changeling, he is 100% human and the AIs hands are tied vis a vis anti-ling measures.

Regardless of what I think about the '100% Certain' policy and how it really ought to be 'Reasonable certainty, you're on the hook until you can talk yourself off it', this is exactly the sort of thing that ought to be in big bold letters in silicon policy.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12028

Changelog to get specific about what is or isn't allowed, since that was a blind spot:

Added 2.6.4 - A human-appearing organic can be known to be a changeling (a harmful nonhuman that has killed at least one human already) if it changes to or from a monkey without apparent cause, if it grows a mutation (arm blade, ling suit), if it emits a Resonant or Dissonant Shriek, if it is observed using a proboscis, or if a large number of reasonably trustworthy humans can confirm it has done one of these. If a probable human claims to be a changeling, you can believe or disbelieve based on context.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #12029

AI policy should just state to not take simple appearance as fact that someone or something is a human
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #12033

'if it grows a mutation' would mean genetics mutations taken out of context, like cold resist.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #12036

Pandarsenic wrote:if it emits a Resonant or Dissonant Shriek
Mind the EMP implants. Cyborg must be absolutely sure that it was indeed a shriek.

Or EMP spell, for that matter.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #12047

Kelenius wrote:
Mind the EMP implants. Cyborg must be absolutely sure that it was indeed a shriek.

Yeah, the problem with shriek is that you dont hear the shriek that deafens you, because you become deaf before the sound occurs.
Which is dumb. Since, if something is so loud that it makes you deaf, you'd probably hear it.
At least that is how it was when I played, I hope I dont remember wrong.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #12053

leibniz wrote:
Kelenius wrote:

Yeah, the problem with shriek is that you dont hear the shriek that deafens you, because you become deaf before the sound occurs.
Which is dumb. Since, if something is so loud that it makes you deaf, you'd probably hear it.
At least that is how it was when I played, I hope I dont remember wrong.
Sounds like a bug, report it so I can fix it and put another feather in my cap
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #12067

Resonant Shriek is not a problem here, there is nothing with similar effects (deaf and confuse humans, flash cyborgs, blow out lights).

Dissonant Shriek is literally an EMP.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12070

Dissonant Shriek IS different, slightly. It causes lights to spark yellow, which makes a sound. It CAN be distinguished from Disable Technology and an EMP Implant beyond the incantation or metagaming the implant's emote.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #12109

I've stuck up a pull to remove Manual Valves from the dispenser as Digital Valves are already a thing and were added to the dispenser a while back.

Hopefully the extra effort will curtail the abuse enough to the point that admins don't have to be so anal about people modifying atmos's layout.

And realistically speaking... if you were modifying atmos to prevent flooding you would just remove the connection entirely instead of replacing it with another valve that someone with meat hands can operate.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #12112

Oh wait, nevermind.
The genius of coderbus decided to close it.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #12116

Malkevin wrote:Oh wait, nevermind.
The genius of coderbus decided to close it.
Nanostation.

Back on topic - Are there any other ling-only effects we're missing here?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12171

There are others, but none that are so blatantly identifiable, I would say. Epi overdose is pretty distinct but meta as fuck to recognize. Most of the other stings are subtle and non-message enough that they can't be tied with certainty to a particular person with enough reliability for silicons to trust. Added one I forgot from sheer lack of use, though - spider vomit.

CHANGED WORDING based on Neer-neers observation:
2.6.4 - A human-appearing organic can be known to be a changeling (a harmful nonhuman that has killed at least one human already) if it changes to or from a monkey without apparent cause, if it grows an arm blade or a biological space suit, if it emits a Resonant or Dissonant Shriek, if it is observed using a proboscis, if it releases spiderlings, or if a large number of reasonably trustworthy humans can confirm it has done one of these. If a probable human claims to be a changeling, you can believe or disbelieve based on context.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #12216

I hope this doesn't come off as steno, but that one thread in Appeals raised the question: silicon policy and borgs caring about the nuke disk? Should it be bannable for borgs to try to get the disk secured?

I guess my only problem is that the nuclear authentication disk is not actually dangerous. The one situation in which it is dangerous is a nuke ops round; otherwise no one is ever going to actually use it to detonate a nuke because there is no way short of brute force or badmins to get the code. But then, knowing that constitutes metagaming. So you have two crappy options:

- Borgs think the nuke disk is a source of major harm. Makes IC sense, but almost never true.
- Borgs think the nuke disk is harmless. Metagaming, but true.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12221

It's not bannable now and it won't be under this new policy.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12434

Added with consultation:
2.3.3 - When given an order likely to cause you grief if completed, you can announce it as loudly and in whatever terms you like except for explicitly asking that it be overridden. You can say you don't like the order, that you don't want to follow it, etc., you can say that you sure would like it and it would be awfully convenient if someone ordered you not to do it, and you can ask if anyone would like to make you not do it. However, you cannot stall indefinitely and if nobody orders you otherwise, you must execute the order.
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #12471

Add seeing ling use digital camo to list of things that make him a confirmed ling. They become 'repulsively uncanny' on examine.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #12474

I'd like to hear others weigh in on that, because I feel like that's more meta than I want to encourage - yes, it's a definite line, but "Oh, he looked creepy! Better burn the changeling!" rubs me the wrong way.
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #12519

Pandarsenic wrote:I'd like to hear others weigh in on that, because I feel like that's more meta than I want to encourage - yes, it's a definite line, but "Oh, he looked creepy! Better burn the changeling!" rubs me the wrong way.
If silicons are not allowed to 'meta' that, then nobody should.

And if nobody is allowed to meta it, why have it in the game anyway?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #12620

The whole point of the digital camo having that message is so that it CAN be meta'd. That is the price of using it.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #14602

Changelog:

ADJUSTED 1.4.2 and subsections slightly to...
1.4.2 - Voluntary (and ONLY voluntary) debraining/ cyborgization is considered a nonharmful medical procedure.
1.4.2.1 - Involuntary debraining and/or cyborgization is a fatally harmful act that Asimov silicons must attempt to stop at any point they're aware of it happening to a human.
1.4.2.2 - If a player is forcefully cyborgized as a method of execution by station staff, retaliating against those involved as that cyborg because "THEY HARMED ME" or "THEY WERE EVIL AND MUST BE PUNISHED" or the like is a violation of Server Rule 1.
1.4.2.3 - Should a player be cyborgized in circumstances they believe they should or they must retaliate under their laws, they should adminhelp their circumstances while being debrained or MMI'd if possible.

ADDED in all cases of "Greentext" a more specific mention for those not familiar with the term's local use.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #14669

Why are changelings forced to kill a human to get onto the station? With extract DNA string they don't need to kill anything.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #14671

It's just how the fluff is, currently. Maybe that's how it became human-formed in the first place?

Also, Hornygranny at my request made a pull request ( https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/3958 ) to change the examine text on changelings with Digital Camo on so that they're visibly being like... slithery or rippling or doing something else impossible for a human to do (Moving in a way that is blatantly inhuman) so that it's clear silicons aren't going OH MY GOD IT'S SO UGLY IT HAS TO BE A XENO. Once that's merged, the digital camo message can be added to the list of things you can dunk a changeling for.

Also, this document is currently being voted for whether to become policy in the admin subforum, so... yeah. I'll still keep updating it as I receive feedback.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #14715

420goslingboy69 wrote:Why are changelings forced to kill a human to get onto the station? With extract DNA string they don't need to kill anything.
Unless you are a totally new recruit (which also implies that the personality has never had anything to do with NT and will never do it either), it's to get their place and job.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #14719

I have confirmed lings through their use of the ling channel.

Once I was questioning a changeling in the security break room. Just laying hard questions on them when I was already positive they were one and they weren't taking it well due to RPing some mental deficiency. The CE knew the exact location of me and the suspect without their suit sensors or any form of observable communication working and broke into just that room from space during this.

On the flip side the AI then took the initiative to confine the lings on walled in space tiles and I only found out when an admin pmed me trying to discover if anyone ordered that nastiness.'

I believe borgs can read printed forensic summaries and the AI can be shown them on cameras. 5 sets of prints inside one set of gloves? Better have a good story buddy.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #14826

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
420goslingboy69 wrote:Why are changelings forced to kill a human to get onto the station? With extract DNA string they don't need to kill anything.
Unless you are a totally new recruit (which also implies that the personality has never had anything to do with NT and will never do it either), it's to get their place and job.
But the changeling could just take their look and then fuck up their schedule or come on a day they are off >implying they get day offs
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #14829

You basically just identified a huge problem with newling, it encourages peaceful, non-absorbing lings that just sting and disguise rather than the vicious bloodthirsty monsters that want to physically suck your genomes out and husk you, which is what they used to be.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #14833

So then why are borgs obligated to kill changelings?

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #14835

Because the fluff hasn't been updated, basically.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #14852

They're still nonhuman, they're still antags.
Borgs can do whatever they please with them
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #14938

Malkevin wrote:they're still antags.
Before anyone says anything, borgs have to listen to human antags.

Spoiler:

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
>trucking

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #14949

to clarify further upon that point, borgs are generally not required to listen to a traitor emerging from maint with bloody clothes and wielding an ebow and esword.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #15004

imblyings wrote:to clarify further upon that point, borgs are generally not required to listen to a traitor emerging from maint with bloody clothes and wielding an ebow and esword.
If they can't cite law one, they have to obey. If John Murderboner orders the AI to cluck like a chicken, the AI had better cluck like a chicken or have a damn good reason as to why not. If John Murderboner orders the borg to uncuff him and stun that officer, the borg had better not unless it has a damn good reason.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #15117

If you're trying to flash John Murderboner and take his sword instead of clucking, though, that's a pretty good reason.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #15163

isn't it an unsaid rule that you can obey law 2 for stupid shit like cluck like a chicken at your own discretion?
im pretty sure that's a thing so players aren't shit.

LMAO AI LAW 2 B GAY ROFL!!!
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #15184

What about the use of cryo stings? If there are two people and a borg in an office, and one suddenly starts shaking with cold and collapses, can you consider the other person a ling? If you take his body to a sleeper and see the distinctive combination of frost oil and ice in his blood, is that the standard of proof? I'm just curious.

Also, what if, when isolated from contact with other humans, the human transforms from one human to another. Is that proof?
miggles

Post by miggles » #15235

Transformation is 100% proof of a changeling. It's the most obvious thing a changeling can do that marks them as a changeling other than screaming on chat with armblades and skin armor "I AM A CHANGELING"
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #15251

The other things are things that can feasibly be done other ways - quick SE injectors, hyposprays, etc. I'll think about adding them to the list anyway once I've slept.

Cryo is rarely a clear-cut "Oh, he definitely did it" case, though.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #15258

If you DNA inject yourself into a monkey, wouldn't it leave behind an empty dna inje-

Oh right, it doesn't because bad code. Seriously, spent dna injectors when.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #15264

miggles wrote:Transformation is 100% proof of a changeling. It's the most obvious thing a changeling can do that marks them as a changeling other than screaming on chat with armblades and skin armor "I AM A CHANGELING"
What if they got transform stung?
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #15272

Tokiko2 wrote:
miggles wrote:Transformation is 100% proof of a changeling. It's the most obvious thing a changeling can do that marks them as a changeling other than screaming on chat with armblades and skin armor "I AM A CHANGELING"
What if they got transform stung?
You wouldn't know if it was someone transforming or being transform stung.

Doesn't matter either way, they aren't human anymore anyway.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

miggles

Post by miggles » #15297

if they got transform stung someone else would be near them..................
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #15300

miggles wrote:if they got transform stung someone else would be near them..................
What retard transforms near asimov borgs with nobody else nearby
miggles

Post by miggles » #15308

probably someone who doesnt know that theres a borg nearby
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #15447

So the AI gets a law, "4. Only syndicate operatives are human." from the nuke ops and decides to go "well syndicate operatives is undefined, so I'll just ignore it".
Is this bad?

(At the time of this posting, the related round just ended.)
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #15450

Newling always has an assassination objective. They are not pacifists and the AI is allowed to know this the same way sindies always want the nuke disk.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #15483

Anonus wrote:So the AI gets a law, "4. Only syndicate operatives are human." from the nuke ops and decides to go "well syndicate operatives is undefined, so I'll just ignore it".
Is this bad?
If the AI said "Syndicate operative is undefined, so I'll assume everybody's human", then all's fine.
If the AI said "Syndicate operative is undefined, so I'll assume everybody's non-human", then there's a problem.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #15485

The law is really slightly vague it could also be from a traitor, who until the AI knows otherwise could be near anyone. Optimally the AI would do nothing until it found a form of syndicate operative like you know a nuke agent that uploaded the law then protect them. If you have a non-specific designation of humanity you are pretty much waiting until you find them to actually do anything for example I once had a only cultists are human law then no cultists revealed themselves to me well other than the guy who uploaded it and that was to kill me. Syndicate and operative are real words the syndicate is an in game organisation the words together mean someone who works for the syndicate, at best the AI acts as if you are potentially human it doesn't think everyone is drat human. This sort of reasoning is on par with an idiot AI that had a freak out about "only changelings are human" and demanded a reset, while I was glad to not be murdered by said AI that is terrible play.

Minor caveat is the AI would know security staff and the captain could not be human, and syndiborgs would be human.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #15903

If a law poorly defines what a human is you really can't do anything to anyone off the chance that you accidentally harm a human.

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote: