AI policy: HOG/Cult structures are 'Harmful' - Asimov

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

AI policy: HOG/Cult structures are 'Harmful' - Asimov

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133734

I main AI and if i have at least one cybernetic unit and detect any trace of a god I send my borgs in and alert sec of the nexus location for a usually swift victory leading into a mulligan round. As of this date since HOG was merged, while active i have a winrate as AI against gods of a 100% since it is very very easy to kill even on pacifistic asimov early on or when initial resistance is small/subdued.

The central discussion i wish to debate is whether AI asimov is right in labelling nexus'es particularly as harmful, and whether this would branch out to other station religious structures. Corporate AI laws for instance would not prioritise it within the same league unless law one or law two was violated (station crew and property) unless IC reasoning around law 4 expenditure was called into question.

Some structures are linked to potential harm, such as altars and crafting stations (I dont play HOG from a prophet/acolyte perspective almost ever so forgive my lack of intimate knowledge) in which can be associated with harm and (forgive me if im wrong) a turret could inflict harm. The nexus itself is not a harmful object though, just the being tied to it and potentially its followers associated to it can be harmful (sacrifices and being complicit and accomplicing harm)

Bringing into question would direct witness evidence of a confirmed prophet harming someone in being accountable to the god be enough to warrant hostile AI ASIMOV engagement with the nexus or would a acolyte be individualistically responsible for commiting harm by sacrificing.

Suggestion relevant to the discussion that could help resolve AI engagement with HOG/Cult rounds besides altering lawsets
Spoiler:
A additional offshoot suggestion thread that i may elaborating upon to solve this issue is to make HOG nexuses and a few specific other buildings have a coloured (red and blue for all intensive purposes) field much like drones and a inability for borgs to target or interact. Perhaps a god power blessing/tool item/power whatever that blinds people and the AI to coloured static would be a reasonable way to implement this if it doesnt apply a flat out change. The AI unit can still photograph but perhaps we should just show the static or have it be invisible like many other antag station objects.

> Space reserved for link to completed thread
Thoughts on the policy matter would be greatly appreciated :honk:

Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: AI policy: HOG/Cult structures are 'Harmful' - Asimov

Post by onleavedontatme » #133736

Bases for a strange supernatural force to brainwash humans into murdering eachother with swords seem like something you'd wanna get rid of, yeah.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #133762

Seems perfectly reasonable for an asimov AI to do, although from a balane perspective gods get shrekt by borgs early game way too easily.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133775

Free turret might help fix that
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #133785

borgs can be subverted to a god's side actually. I was an engiborg once and the god used me to great effect since I was a self-replenishing self-mobile stack of metal and glass.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #133816

A psycho unearthly manifestation capable of killing people remotely and its insane followers that violently kidnap everyone? Why would anyone argue otherwise?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133893

I've never actually seen them kidnap anyone, what I did see, however, was the gods setting up in public spaces and 900 people going ot join them, being handed a set of armor and a sword, then it's just a massive bloodbath.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #134232

Leave it up to the AI to decide. Just like the AI can choose to turn a blind eye to "prisoner transfers" or go all HARM HARM HARM if sec breaths on a prisoner too hard depending on the playstyle.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134762

In my opinion, the most directly harmful structures are turrets (they shoot humans), traps (some of them ignite people) and sacrificial altars (they gib people!). These objects must be destroyed at all opportunity. The owning god needs to keep these obviously deadly things out of sight, and semi-recent AI nerfs have made that so easy that no one has an excuse for having a base be visible to cameras. Even if the AI did not seek to destroy the base, it is obligated by Law 1 upon notice of the structures performing their harmful functions to warn Security, who would raid it anyway.

Even if the AI cannot determine that the nexus structure is harmful, it is clearly not of NanoTrasen origin, and while not required by Law 1, there is usually nothing preventing it announcing its location on comms.

TL;DR: Hide your base properly, or it will be called out and destroyed. This is true for human protagonists as well.