Contracts.

starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Contracts.

Post by starmute » #177760

Since contracts are now a thing, can the lawyer burn the contracts?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Contracts.

Post by Okand37 » #177787

Lawyers actually have a reverse contract to get peoples souls back, if I am unmistaken. It is supposed to be located in their file cabinet. I see no reason why a lawyer-or anyone really-wouldn't be able to burn the contracts if they refused them, though.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #177809

Okand37 wrote:Lawyers actually have a reverse contract to get peoples souls back, if I am unmistaken. It is supposed to be located in their file cabinet. I see no reason why a lawyer-or anyone really-wouldn't be able to burn the contracts if they refused them, though.

Why would they want to do it? Metagame, being a dick ect ect.

No reasonable explanation really but I think it should be punishable without good reasoning.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #177957

You bring up a good point. While technically our lower roleplay standard allows you to know all of the antagonists and their abilities, devil is something that relies a lot more on roleplay. Personally, without a good reason I'd say it should be punishable ...but I'm not the ultimate authority on this.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #178065

Or we could just make the contract be written in Nanotrasen(TM) Fireproof Paper.

Is it possible for the lawyer himself to sell his soul?
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #178071

Okand37 wrote:You bring up a good point. While technically our lower roleplay standard allows you to know all of the antagonists and their abilities, devil is something that relies a lot more on roleplay. Personally, without a good reason I'd say it should be punishable ...but I'm not the ultimate authority on this.
You should be, because this is a good point.
pidey
Byond Username: Lordpidey

Post by pidey » #178318

Infernal contracts should be un-burnable. They perpetually look like they're on fire, but mechanically they aren't on fire, and aren't flammable. (So you can throw one in a plasma filled room, and it won't light the room on fire). They're also designed to be hard, but not impossible to destroy.

However, employment contracts, I've designed to be easy to get rid of specific ones, but hard to get rid of all of them. You'll notice that the employment cabinet can only dispense one paper every five (I think) seconds.

Mechanically, the lawyer may sell his soul. The lawyer may also then return his own soul.