Multiple antag types and conversions within the same round

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Multiple antag types and conversions within the same round

Post by Saegrimr » #191343

Bottom post of the previous page:

So this is something we don't currently have any guidelines, rules, or anything close to what we should do in a situation where for example:
1: There's a cult
2: There's traitors
3: There's lings
4: There's gangs
5: Xenomorphs which are convertible to cult for some reason.
6: Malf AI and Ratvar
All mixed in the same round.

Normally this just doesn't happen, save for xenos and badmin button pushing. With datum antags Soon™, something like this might actually pop up naturally on its own. So i'd like to have an open discussion about what takes precedence when it comes to your objectives.

Traitors flashed by a head rev, kill whoever, help revs? Cult Xenomorphs, listen to queen or narsie? Ling cult, same deal here? Nuke Op getting ganged? Cultist getting flashed by head rev?
There are a lot of weird ass combinations to keep in mind.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Multiple antag types and conversions within the same rou

Post by imblyings » #192059

only option here making sense is the idea up above on group antags giving pseudo loyalty implants of their own, which prevent multiple antag types on one person but this is a code solution to a niche problem usually caused by badmins
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #192101

imblyings wrote:only option here making sense is the idea up above on group antags giving pseudo loyalty implants of their own, which prevent multiple antag types on one person but this is a code solution to a niche problem usually caused by badmins
ooh I like it, isn't getting ganged implant you with something? I remember someone mentioning that.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #192132

Armhulen wrote:
imblyings wrote:only option here making sense is the idea up above on group antags giving pseudo loyalty implants of their own, which prevent multiple antag types on one person but this is a code solution to a niche problem usually caused by badmins
ooh I like it, isn't getting ganged implant you with something? I remember someone mentioning that.
On the player panel you can add it as an implant ala loyalty.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #192135

Reece wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
On the player panel you can add it as an implant ala loyalty.
Zing. Wouldn't be hard to make that work like loyalty.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #192546

how is that the only sensible solution? it makes less sense even
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #192761

It sidesteps autistic headcanon arguments and is the single most intuitive and simple method of dealing with multiple antag types because you can't be more than one antag type without losing your current one, tatorling being the sole exception.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.