First xeno to spawn, obligation to potential future xenos?

Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

First xeno to spawn, obligation to potential future xenos?

Post by Aurx » #26950

In the event an alien spawns, either by facehugger from mining, adminbus, or some other cause, is the first alien to spawn obligated in any way to the potential future aliens that it could spawn?

For example, could the alien attempt "friendly" contact with the captain via alien whisper, knowing full well that it'd likely get shot to death without being listened to?
Could the alien say "fuck it this round doesn't need xenos" and go hunter to live fast and die hard?
Could the alien say "I just want to autism on the derelict, time to spam walls and never lay eggs"?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: First xeno to spawn, obligation to potential future xeno

Post by ColonicAcid » #26957

They should be able to do whatever they want.
Of course if an admins spawns an alien and tells him to do what Aliens do you're expected to y'know set up a colony and all of that because the admin spawned you in for a reason and it's probably in your best interested to do what he says but if you get randomly spawned in? Fair game for all.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #26960

If the Alien is just randomly selected with no admin intervention, I think that player has free will to go about however they want. They want to re-enact the first aliens movie? Go ahead, that would actually be interesting.

However, as noted above, a admin spawned alien has an obligation to infect and spread the hive.

I still think a alternative game mode that spawned a special Hunter Alien would be an interesting alternative to 50 Aliens versus some unlucky crew members, or one Durand versus some unlucky aliens. So you can keep the normal Alien mode for when a lot of people are dead and the round is getting stale.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #26966

I agree with everyone. Its their choice on how they evolve. However be prepared for some mad players in deadchat if you go anything other than Drone/Queen.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #26981

Alex Crimson wrote:I agree with everyone.
I...

Anyway, I think as has been said, if its random then up to you. If its admin selected, your normal expect to RP a xeno and actually try to setup a hive and spread and consume. Thats what and all they "know" to do. So RP it, it can be awesome when you have a full fledge hive going with a proper team.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box