MUH PETS MUH PETS MUH PETS

Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

MUH PETS MUH PETS MUH PETS

Post by Saintish » #30086

Bottom post of the previous page:

Essentially, this rule allows a traitor to do is shout "SO-AND-SO KILLED IAN!" and then lynch Mr. So-and-So. It then allows non-antag crewmembers to space Mr. So-and-So's corpse, because hey, he killed Ian, didn't he? Fuck, why don't they just gib him, even.

This is on the level of validhunting. What happens when a player-controlled pet is being an intolerable shit, dragging people away from Security? Will Security be lynch-mobbed by the rest of the crew for killing the pet? Well, the crew certainly is allowed to, even if they had no relationship with the pet. Hell, the rule allows them to bomb the brig if all of Security took part in the killing.

So, should the rule be restored to its original form, despite admins never enforcing it? Or should station-wide lynchmobs over Ian-killers be banned entirely?

Previously:
9. Killing someone's pet for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of them means you will get a reaction out of them. Short of hiding you so you can't be cloned or destroying your body, you reap what you sow from creating one of these conflicts. The person who gets vengeance on you for killing their pet does not recieve IC protection from security or otherwise, however.
Now:
9. Killing someone's pet for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of them means you will get a reaction out of them. You reap what you sow from creating one of these conflicts. The person who gets vengeance on you for killing their pet does not recieve IC protection from security or otherwise, however.
Last edited by Saintish on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: MUH PETS MUH PETS MUH PETS

Post by Steelpoint » #32859

In my opinion, add a new law to space law that criminalizes animal killing, sentencing it to a 5 minute sentence.

Only the pet owner is allowed to kill the animal killer, however if they do kill the killer they will be charged with murder, and that they are prepared to be removed from the round and placed in prison for killing someone.

I think we should try and emphasize this as a Security issue.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #32862

i disagree with everything you just said for reasons ive already made clear
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #32880

It's not like the outcome is extremely different, in one scenario you get your throat slit, the other your sentanced to a permanent sentence.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #32979

The current system is creating more chaos in the name of 'Lel it's funny when I say someone killed Ian and everyone comes and gets their valids on'

Make it a briggable offense, not an instant deathmatch button and people will stop doing it so much.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #32996

The problem with that is if you make it a briggable offense security will not give a shit. Security already doesn't give a shit about most reported crimes.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #33010

And then what? The round will continue normally, unruined, instead of instantly devolving into a deathmatch? The horror...