Events/Button-Mashing/Badminning Discussion

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Events/Button-Mashing/Badminning Discussion

Post by Stickymayhem » #83405

Bottom post of the previous page:

Admin intervention in rounds has all gotten a little out of hand so a proper discussion on what people actually want might be useful in this case.

First off, we've agreed that trialmins shouldn't be running events themselves, but instead can assist their trainers if requested, so they learn the ropes without fucking everything up. That's going to happen either way, but there are some other things to consider. Additionally we are going to try and get everyone, including me of course, to step off the buttons a lot less often. It's a bit lazy and the more effort people put into proper events the less frequent and higher quality they generally are.

- How frequently do you want to see admin intervention in sub-two hour long rounds?

- How frequently do you want full "extended" rounds that admins take over from the lobby to run?

- Should these absolutely require a majority vote?

- Should the two hour point on Sybil remain the point at which admins are free to burn everything down?

Let's keep this discussion focused on this. Examples are fine, prolonged bitching or changing the topic are not.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Events/Button-Mashing/Badminning Discussion

Post by Saegrimr » #87032

That sounds a bit more like mulligan happening, when a special antag type gets wiped out and the station isn't in too bad of shape, it'll automatically spawn more.

As for the bwoinking thing, if I see a dude running somewhere with a bomb and I know he's about to use it, i'd rather tell him that's a bad idea than wait for him to do it and have to ban him afterwards. Less work for me anyway.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #87054

Saegrimr wrote:That sounds a bit more like mulligan happening, when a special antag type gets wiped out and the station isn't in too bad of shape, it'll automatically spawn more.

As for the bwoinking thing, if I see a dude running somewhere with a bomb and I know he's about to use it, i'd rather tell him that's a bad idea than wait for him to do it and have to ban him afterwards. Less work for me anyway.
Bombs don't have inhands, IIRC.
Also he's specifically talking about bwoinking people who try and robust events.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #87414

Okay. I've been reading lot about this crap lately.

Okay. Lets see how boring things get with Zero Events for... I dunno, a Week. 2 Weeks.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #87432

Ikarrus wrote: Too often have I had an admin take complete control of a round without any warning, adminhelps pop up and I have no idea how to handle them because the admin ignore all attempts at communicating with them.
I'm pretty sure this is the point where you deadmin and demand answers. Ignoring other admins while running massive round changing events without warning, permission, or discussion is shit.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕