Security - Powergaming and Conduct

Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Security - Powergaming and Conduct

Post by Tornadium » #106490

Bottom post of the previous page:

So going off my appeal : https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4232

I figure we need a thread regarding this.

What constitutes power gaming? As security where is the line drawn between meta-gaming and common knowledge?

Take my appeal for example, I was accused of metacomms for arresting 3 antagonists in one round. I was accused of meta-gaming because I stopped someone breaking into something they didn't have access to and for asking someone where they got a set of Mesons from.

Where does the line get drawn for this?

I was also accused of "TOTAL" Shitcurity with regards to my conduct. I haven't actually received any explaination as to what this means yet but I'll update OP when/if (I probably won't, i get kicked from IRC for asking) I get some kind of rundown these kind of policy issues.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of the general TG population with regards to the conduct of security and the issue of meta-gaming/power gaming and what constitutes as crossing the line in both cases. Feel free to use my appeal as a reference point for what part of the current administration considers to be crossing the line.
Malkevin

Re: Security - Powergaming and Conduct

Post by Malkevin » #108145

Shuttle fuckery is really a coding problem more than anything.

We CAN add point defence turrets that ventilate anyone that doesn't have a syndicate implant.
We CAN add a guard 'dog' that tears the throat out of any non-nuke ops that board the shuttle.

Add those things and anyone that manages to fuck with the shuttle deserves the right to do so.
The only remaining shitterly would be people circling the station at round start to 'accidently' bump into the shuttle - but even then, big fuck off turrets would take care of most of them.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #108146

The LMG turret is still around, someone just needs to give it a platform on the ship
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #108184

Scones wrote:The LMG turret is still around, someone just needs to give it a platform on the ship
If that thing makes a comeback it needs to have a better ID-check system. Too many times did I get shot up returning to the ship wearing captain's ID or something, while ship hunters who managed to nab an agent ID from deadops got the red carpet rolled out for them.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #108186

Should be able to check for the syndie implant or some shit - normal turrets can be set to shoot all non loyalty implanted people for example.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #108187

I'm fairly certain the way it currently works is checking your faction, and all nuke ops should have Faction = SYNDICATE
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha