Deleting your station records - Incognito mode

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Deleting your station records - Incognito mode

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329556

For discussion purposes, doing this antagonistically and non-antagonistically going over both topics.

Deleting your security file is a pretty big deal because it requires you re-establishing your entire portfolio that is pre-generated for your character on the station, and its crucially used to link up to the sechuds so they work properly. Medical huds don't work either for referential notices or putting down new entries without a relevant system so it is griefing of a high degree.

It is also impossible (or irritating) to re-establish photographic profiles of people because you can't 'restore' the original setup profile (least thats where im sure its sourced from) pictures and instead have to fill it in for yourself which of course is another detail frequently abused to put photocopied butts into every profile.
Q: Where does policy stand if a non-antag deletes either all the security files or alters critical non-replacable details (coherently until said later date) of said files like front/side photographs?

Though medical files have no active nessecity beside being a flavourful second manifest and actively marking off unclonable people it is a nessecary lifeline for all the genetic sequence data information at the disposal for the detective to look at when re-examining forensic evidence and is a critical hamper to their job also.

Spoiler:
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: Deleting your station records - Incognito mode

Post by Dax Dupont » #329565

Should probably fall under helping antagonists and make them valid salid.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #329567

Deleting your own record is no worse than stealing the spare ID and if someone replaces photos in the records with other pictures I find that more funny than not

a non-antag deleting every record can be reported as griff
a non-antag deleting a notorious murderboner's record for absolutely no reason might lead to a warning by admins
a security officer or head of staff using their position to griff the records fnr can be warned or jobbanned
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #330061

About to say, sabotaging the station's computer system could be considered Grand Sabotage if you go by Space Law RP guidelines, so should make them at the very least arrest-able.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #330099

i dont see a problem with a nonantag deleting his own record. that's no worse than stealing an officers taser to resist arrest. deleting the whole station's records kinda fucks over security though and shouldn't be done. that's like spacing the whole armory as a nonantag or whatever, just shouldn't be done
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #330144

The 1 in 1000000000 round this will take place during (after the fad dies down) is not really worth making a set in stone policy over.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #330208

Certain static characters & ckeys, including yourself actually bandit employ this tactic to evade security. (I revised this edited portion of my statement as i might have got it wrong)

So i wouldn't really take your word for it on this particularly, especially since it requires security+ access to do and is done almost manditory by people who steal all access who run to the unguarded and un-monitored 3/10 times arrivals checkpoint with a security console and a ID console.

People who greytide to steal spares and then try to evade security for as long as possible non-antag are the real people we need to target with this suggested policy, in the case they go about evidence deletion as to make tracking them harder.

Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #330213

It's not really an issue though, unless someone is mass deleting or griffing the records. If someone griefs and deletes only their record to make it harder to catch them, the behaviour being addressed by an admin will be the griff itself.

Nonantags breaking into the caps office for the spare every round is another issue.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #331760

If you're that worried then print the physical records and add them to the cabinet.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #331886

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Certain static characters & ckeys, including yourself actually bandit employ this tactic to evade security. (I revised this edited portion of my statement as i might have got it wrong)
uh I don't remember ever doing this, certainly not recently
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331929

Boris pepper, correct?

Spoiler:
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #331964

if they delete their station records book them for such after arresting them.
if they delete everyone elses or randomly deletes them as nonantags? eeeeeh not cool tbh.

basically what ausops said.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #332081

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Boris pepper, correct?
that's bluespace
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #332086

Armhulen wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Boris pepper, correct?
that's bluespace
Whoops, well yeah i did edit that in the original statement that i might have gotten that wrong.

Spoiler: