Public Ban Discussion

deathhoof

Public Ban Discussion

Post by deathhoof » #31958

This is the most appropriate board I could find to make this thread in, and to me it is indeed a policy issue, so here it is:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
It has come to my attention that remarks on other's bans on this forum are being censored.
How are you admins going to know if you are making the right decisions if the public cannot speak their mind?
(Nobody is going to post a serious negative feedback in the boards made for that, because believe it or not admin metagrundges can happen)
Only allowing admins to have a say in bans is despotism.
I say make it possible for users to intervene with admin politics and put some democracy all up in this bitch.

Plus sides of users intervening in others bans:
-learn what the community actually wants
-smite the power-hungry authoritarians!
-more forum activity
-less angry banned people
-fun discussion

Cons(?):
-opinions you might dislike
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Public Ban Discussion

Post by paprika » #31961

No not really stop making threads like this.

I admit I was wrong in my appeal thread if this is what this is about, I thought aran was buttmad because he has a history of bad kneejerk retarded bans but I wasn't aware saying ayy lmao had a sweeping instant ban policy on it and the guy with the ayy lmao name was a clown so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #31962

We are commies and pinkies, fuck off.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31964

PLAYING IS A PRIVILEGE!!!!!!!1
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #31966

>make a thread about empowering the masses
>get this reply:
CreationPro wrote:We are commies and pinkies, fuck off.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31967

I was one of the main proponents to make ban appeal threads and ban request threads involved-and-admin-only and trust me if you saw the old FNR forum you'd know why

It has nothing to do with censorship of valid points or discussions around bans, because they were few and far between.

There's mediums for discussing bans available, even.

Turn a bad ban into an admin complaint (if the ban was bad because the admin was bad) or a policy discussion (everyone can participate in these). Shitting up appeals and ban requests to discuss rules and shit isn't really a good thing, appeals and requests are where you get to the bottom of whether someone broke the rules or not; not whether or not the rules or the admin is shit.
Last edited by paprika on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #31968

paprika wrote:No not really stop making threads like this.

I admit I was wrong in my appeal thread if this is what this is about, I thought aran was buttmad because he has a history of bad kneejerk retarded bans but I wasn't aware saying ayy lmao had a sweeping instant ban policy on it and the guy with the ayy lmao name was a clown so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"ayy lmao" has always been banned under the same OOC-in-IC policy that prevents people from saying "lol" and ":D" in chat

to be specific the "ayy" is not the problem so much as the "lmao"
Last edited by bandit on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31970

Well OP is saying people are being censored or something
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #31976

Pretty much what pap said: we used to have three ways: at first, anyone could go around posting their supa important opinion. Then we separated the threads into involved and non-involved, and then there's the system we had now. In short, "democracy" does not work well.

The first two ways made it so nobody wanted to touch appeals/requests/complaints with a fishing pole, now we at least get things done somewhat efficiently. If you really want to throw your opinion around, feel free to post it on oranges' imageboard: singulo.io . Many admins go there as well.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #31979

Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of badmins, where every spaceman is enemy to every spaceman, the same consequent to the time wherein spacemen live without other shitcurity than what their own ping and their own robustness shall furnish them withal. In such condition there is no place for roleplaying... no knowledge of the workings of telescience; no account of space law; no mining; no erotic literature; no events; and which is worst of all, continual griefing, and danger of violent murderboners; and the time until the shuttle is called, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

By art is created that great Leviathan called moderators, or adminbus, which is but an artificial spaceman; though of greater robustness and e-penis than the natural, for whose metafriending and ban appealing it was intended; and in which, the badminnery is an artificial spooky ghost, as giving life and greentext to the whole body.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #31988

Shitposting on Singulo is really fun. You should try it sometime.
/vg/station Head Admin
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #31990

Arete wrote:Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of badmins, where every spaceman is enemy to every spaceman, the same consequent to the time wherein spacemen live without other shitcurity than what their own ping and their own robustness shall furnish them withal. In such condition there is no place for roleplaying... no knowledge of the workings of telescience; no account of space law; no mining; no erotic literature; no events; and which is worst of all, continual griefing, and danger of violent murderboners; and the time until the shuttle is called, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

By art is created that great Leviathan called moderators, or adminbus, which is but an artificial spaceman; though of greater robustness and e-penis than the natural, for whose metafriending and ban appealing it was intended; and in which, the badminnery is an artificial spooky ghost, as giving life and greentext to the whole body.
Give that man a pussy.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

<antonkr> ;_;
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #31992

They say there is a location, where you can speak your mind freely and fear not unholy retribution from the powermins. Unless you're bluespace (lel)

I have searched many years for this place and I have yet to find it.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #31997

oranges wrote:They say there is a location, where you can speak your mind freely and fear not unholy retribution from the powermins. Unless you're bluespace (lel)

They say there is a man, who endlessly touts his little site...
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #32001

FNR ran like a fucking machine when I was ruling it with an iron fist.

But really just having some guidelines so that people knew how to phrase what they wanted to say to kept things constructive while allowing people who weren't directly involved to weigh in.

If you had something to say about someone that was related anecdotal experience it was allowed and encouraged. "This guy did the exact same thing to me before." is a lot more relevant than "This player is a faggot."

If you could quote something from the rules that was relevant that was being overlooked was also great. It potentially keeps over-zealous admins in check. Even something like "Hey I have been doing this for ages and never got bwoinked" is alright.

The problem with discussion in FNR is that it can very quickly blossom into a debate about policy or just plain shitslinging at the admins or players involved, complete with dunk image macros and stupid shit. I know how much you guys love making fun of eachother but when you get pulled over for speeding the cops don't call up everyone you ever had an argument with and invite them to come stand around your car in a circle and laugh at you while you get your ticket. Similarly, it wasn't the time to start debating whether the speed limit should be raised or not. If it sparked a discussion that was fine, but you had to take it to another thread.

I can't remember exactly how the FNR guidelines were at the time but that was prettymuch how it went and people very quickly caught on to the difference between FNR threads and Policy Discussion threads, as well as admin feedback/complaints. I had to warn quite a few people but usually only once, and I only ever banned 2-3 people from the subforum, most of which I then talked to about it and unbanned.
Plus sides of users intervening in others bans:
-learn what the community actually wants
-smite the power-hungry authoritarians!
-more forum activity
-less angry banned people
-fun discussion
If people follow the posting guidelines you get all that. Except for fun discussion? FNR isn't supposed to be fun, it just sometimes happen when people get ridiculous in their appeals or requests.
Cipher3 wrote:
oranges wrote:They say there is a location, where you can speak your mind freely and fear not unholy retribution from the powermins. Unless you're bluespace (lel)

They say there is a man, who endlessly touts his little site...
Hey man, it's all he's got.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #32005

Eh im not a big fan of the current FNR rules either. They were added because users would derail and clutter appeals and ban requests with pointless debates. Whilst its true that some topics got derailed, there were also examples of people contributing to the discussion without being directly involved. I think the current rules are a little too strict, but its better than having the topics ruined by pointless posts.

Id still like a new Steno subforum though. It was a nice place to discuss bans and point out things the admins failed to say, which tends to happen sometimes.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32018

Most of the things I want to post in ban appeal threads are "This is a terrible ban, since when did we ban for IC issues?", or maybe "Bryce Pax has a long and prolific history of greytiding, and perhaps an assistant permaban is in order rather than a global ban. He's usually pretty alright when he's not an assistant." - Most constructive comments can be PM'd to their intended recipient. Relevant precidents or questionable policy goes here in PD. Shitposting goes on Singulo.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #32045

I'd like to point out that the decision to not have a Stenography board or allowance for anyone to post in FNR threads was not made by In-Game Administration, but by the Forum Administration after consultation with the In-Game Administration's interests. I'd also like to point out this discussion has already taken place and that a ruling was outlined.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #32063

Also I would like to point out that deathhoof is making this thread because he got bant and wants to sockpuppet his way out of it
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32065

callanrockslol wrote:Also I would like to point out that deathhoof is making this thread because he got bant and wants to sockpuppet his way out of it
Not even a shitty ban, either. Spraying people with welding fuel 4nr then crying when he gets banned for grief. Plus his name's deathhoof, like he's some fifteen year old edgelord brony.

edit: the cancer is strong with this one
>halfchan steamgroup, le leejun xDD
>pro TF2
>death420hoof
>220 hours in unmodded skyrim
how pleb can you be
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #32088

While I did get banned recently, that only served to force me to make this account. I made my posts here based on observations made prior to having this account. I'd appreciate you refrain from looking at all my steam hours (seriously why would you do this?). Also, I don't play unmodded skyrim, i have a myriad of survival mods for it, most of which are from nexus. The name deathhoof is indeed an edgelord brony name, but its from a differant era. I only use it for nastalgic reasons now. Also, so what if I'm still in the halfchan group? Just because halfchan is kill, doesnt mean all of halfchan's old lurkers are kill.
Also its a shame I even had to make this post. For a bunch of manchildren you sure do gossip like teenage girls.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #32117

Actually i like this idea, Hold on and i'll set something up.

>=)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #32124

Psyentific wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:Also I would like to point out that deathhoof is making this thread because he got bant and wants to sockpuppet his way out of it
Not even a shitty ban, either. Spraying people with welding fuel 4nr then crying when he gets banned for grief. Plus his name's deathhoof, like he's some fifteen year old edgelord brony.

>pro TF2
>death420hoof
how pleb can you be
Didn't you JUST use some ponyfucker reaction image? Why the fuck are you digging into people's profiles like this?

Is there less oxygen in Canada or are you just fucking retarded?

Ad-hominem bullshit in a policy thread just stop.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #32149

In an attempt to answer the OP and pretend i'm less of a douche:

The reason we don't have "stenography" in FNR threads is to keep them clear and simple so they can be dealt with easily. Even with the rules, 90% of posts (as was on the other forum) not posted by the OP or an admin, are shit posts or wild speculation (probably based on metagrudges etc).

Here's some examples of what gets deleted, names removed of course:
"I guess you can roleplay as a banned loser then"
"i hate this man and he is not a good {PERSON} and is a douchebag and he should become nicer and less of a stick in the sand shitler
0/10"
"Hold my beer, I'm going in"
"fuck off and stay fucked off"
They're the more unsubtle ones, a lot tend to be really passive aggressive, or someone taking upon themselves to "correct" and "inform".
It really gets out of hand pretty quickly when anyone has the right to post in every thread. Frankly because some people just love to stick their noses in.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32180

peoplearestrange wrote:
"I guess you can roleplay as a banned loser then"
lost my shit
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #32184

Psyentific wrote:

>pro TF2
>death420hoof
how pleb can you be
LOL your cool :D
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #32210

An0n3 wrote:
Psyentific wrote:

>pro TF2
>death420hoof
how pleb can you be
Didn't you JUST use some ponyfucker reaction image? Why the fuck are you digging into people's profiles like this?

Is there less oxygen in Canada or are you just fucking retarded?

Ad-hominem bullshit in a policy thread just stop.
This entire thread is about allowing ad-hominem bullshit in FNR threads. That's pretty much the goal of 'opening it up to smiting the tyrannical badmins' or whatever bullshit is being spouted here.

If FNR was opened up, this is the kind of post that would be in death420hoof's ban appeal.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32224

raven do you even play /tg/ anymore i miss you
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #32291

I've got shitty dish internet. I play every now and again between 2 AM and 8 AM, but I just got a couple job interviews so I might be able to get something better soon enough and play at reasonable hours for once.

It says something to my addiction that I'm willing to play security with 1 to 2 seconds of lag. It says something to my robust when I'm still able to dunk people.

I don't know what characters you play anymore anyways, though.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32304

Raven776 wrote: This entire thread is about allowing ad-hominem bullshit in FNR threads. That's pretty much the goal of 'opening it up to smiting the tyrannical badmins' or whatever bullshit is being spouted here.

If FNR was opened up, this is the kind of post that would be in death420hoof's ban appeal.
We already had this discussion, so nothing will come of this thread. Since nothing will come of this discussion, it's okay to shitpost.
Since this is a discussion about steno in FNR, shitposting serves as an example of what happens if we allow it.
It's not shitposting if I'm being vaguely constructive.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #32335

I was agreeing with you on that. Your comment was entirely constructive. Basically all of the off topic posts in this thread are satire if you read them with that in mind.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #32338

Psyentific is so powerfully autistic it's impressive hes aloud to be alive
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32363

>aloud

FUCK YOU SAWRGE YOU TRICKED ME INTO BEING AUTISTIC
Raven776 wrote:I don't know what characters you play anymore anyways, though.
It's literally in my signature
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32384

captain sawrge wrote:Psyentific is so powerfully autistic it's impressive hes aloud to be alive
I'll have you know I'm one of the least autistic people I know.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #32385

paprika wrote:
Raven776 wrote:I don't know what characters you play anymore anyways, though.
It's literally in my signature
I am not a smart person.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32387

Your mom's not a smart person
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #32427

captain sawrge wrote:Psyentific is so powerfully autistic it's impressive hes aloud to be alive
Raven776 wrote:Basically all of the off topic posts in this thread are satire if you read them with that in mind.
Just saying...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #32434

''hurdur i was only acting to be retarded'' doesnt cut it.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32476

geilebeer wrote:''hurdur i was only acting to be retarded'' doesnt cut it.
Look man, if I can't shitpost in a discussion over whether or not to allow shitposting in FNR...
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #32477

Then what?
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #32580

Then he'll leave and the server will get ever so slightly better.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #32587

This thread is an active representation of why Stenography was awful and isn't coming back.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32629

>implying psyentific plays
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #32641

paprika wrote:>implying psyentific plays
Why would I play SS13 when I could be playing STALKER?
Spoiler:
because king bloodsucker
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #32709

The worst of steno is still here, uninvolved admins shitpost constantly in FNR, now it's just people with special snowflake colored names shitposting.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #32712

Psyentific wrote:
paprika wrote:>implying psyentific plays
Why would I play SS13 when I could be playing STALKER?
Spoiler:
because king bloodsucker
You played SS13 last week shut up.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #32787

damiac wrote:The worst of steno is still here, uninvolved admins shitpost constantly in FNR, now it's just people with special snowflake colored names shitposting.
Admins fall under the same rules. If they shit post, report it and It'll be removed. The forum admins are pretty separate to the game admins which kinda helps to avoid circle jerk situations, mostly.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #32984

Hmm, well I'll give it a try next time I see it. Thanks for the tip.

Man though... I miss steno, now when I read an FNR thread, and an admin does/says something that makes no sense, I can't call them on it, unless it's so horrific that it deserves a comment in admin feedback. But in admin feedback, no discussion can be had about the specific ban...

I feel like some pretty worthwhile policy discussions came out of it, like the delicious fruits fertilized by all the nutrient rich shitposts. Plus if it weren't for Steno I would never have had the chance to be banned by Brotemis!
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #33007

damiac wrote: I feel like some pretty worthwhile policy discussions came out of it, like the delicious fruits fertilized by all the nutrient rich shitposts.
What a great quote.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #33025

damiac wrote:I feel like some pretty worthwhile policy discussions came out of it, like the delicious fruits fertilized by all the nutrient rich shitposts. Plus if it weren't for Steno I would never have had the chance to be banned by Brotemis!
Raising policy discussions outside of the context of a ban allows people to discuss a topic without having to consider how it affects a single person, but the general server as a whole. It also stymies any person wanting to overturn a decision just to make the decision maker look bad, or uphold a decision just to make the rule-breaker suffer.

If you see a ban and you think the policy behind it is misguided, odds are there is probably already an appropriate conversation happening in the Policy subforum, or you can just start your own.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: