Request for clarification of 'Multikeying' policy

damiac
Rarely plays

Request for clarification of 'Multikeying' policy

Post by damiac » #33356

I was surfing around on the rules page on the wiki, and couldn't find any mention of the rules on 'Multikeying' so I'd like some clarification on what the rules are.

Am I allowed to play on TG with different keys, assuming I only play with 1 at a time? (Meaning, I know I can't die as one character, then come in with another key and play as another character in the same round)

I know you're not allowed to skirt bans by using a different key, you're not allowed to have multiple characters in the same round, but aside from that, am I allowed to play under another key if I want? Can I be Damiac one day, and Caimad the next?

Also, somewhat related, if I die on one TG server, can I play on the other while the original round is still ongoing? I assume so, I just want to be clear.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Request for clarification of 'Multikeying' policy

Post by Timbrewolf » #33357

damiac wrote:Also, somewhat related, if I die on one TG server, can I play on the other while the original round is still ongoing? I assume so, I just want to be clear.
I can't speak for the rest of it, but I know this much is fine.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #33366

You can use different ckeys but we'll consider you more 'suspicious' or 'trying to hide past stuff' or whatever since that's been a thing. But it's allowed. Except to have important notes on your character mirrored from your more well-known key and whatnot.
RIP
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #33367

Cool, thanks. I don't have any notes or anything to mirror, I was just curious whether I was allowed to do that.