Borging perma prisoners

Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Borging perma prisoners

Post by Fatal » #34770

So, round today whereby I allowed a perma prisoner, who I actually wanted executing (I was the Captain), to be borged, on the condition that he was a janiborg, because the station was covered in blood from the recover of the body he shot and spaced

I didn't talk to him personally about this, I merely informed the AI, and the officer who was going to get him borged, and nobody seem to mind nor complain, and 5 minutes later, I had a janiborg cleaning up the station

Few minutes later, I get messaged by the admins explaining I can't order a borg to be a certain module, which, alright, fair enough, if it's a volunteer, that would be a major dick move, although upon explaining why I did so, the admin agreed in this situation, my ordering of it was okay

I propose that if you are getting borged as an alternative to being in permabrig or gulag (or execution), you have no say in what module you become if people decide that you should be a certain module, you are being put back in the round when otherwise, you would be sat in perma, or the gulag, or simply executed and removed from the round entirely, being borged used to be a lesser punishment, not a RIGHT to every perma prisoner
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Borging perma prisoners

Post by Steelpoint » #34774

I agree, if someone who otherwise would have been thrown in perma for the rest of the round, or out the airlock, is instead given the option of being borged and kept in the round, they at least have to accept whatever module the ranking Officer orders them to select.

People will complain about "muh silicon rights" but the fact is Security decided to not toss your traitor hide out the airlock, the least they can do is make sure you select a module they think is worthwhile.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #34776

Usually as Captain or HoS I opt to have prisoners borged rather than perma'd or executed if the circumstances permit it.

But then I get called a comdom because I'm force borging people. I don't understand why people (especially the AI) start throwing a bitchfit because I'm trying to keep people in the round.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #34778

You can choose what module borgs start with by using a multitool on the frame right?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #34792

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that is simply for naming it, and determining if it is slaved to the AI or not, and if it is locked down upon creation

From the policy:

Ordering a cyborg to pick a particular module without an extreme need for a particular module or a prior agreement is both an unreasonable and an obnoxious order.

The person in question, DID want to be a cyborg, he was NOT forced to be one, however, because he murdered someone, I didn't want him to be one, as punishment, you may think that's a dick move, but, as Captain, that was my decision that I am allowed to make, however, because the person he murdered was cloned, and they agreed to it, I agreed to the borging with a condition

So why is the Captain not allowed to choose what module he picks? I can choose if he lives or dies, or if he sits in perma for the rest of the round, but I cannot pick his module when he gets borged?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #34794

I'm amusing that policy is to prevent a roboticist/RD from randomly ordering a borg to go a module for no good reason. I also would assume that in a case of Security borging a perma prisoner that a exception be granted.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #34808

Yeah, this definitely should be allowed, but I guess technically by the word of the rules it's kinda not. So maybe that policy needs a little addendum about when you're borged as an alternative to execution/perma.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #34809

Steelpoint wrote:I'm amusing that policy is to prevent a roboticist/RD from randomly ordering a borg to go a module for no good reason. I also would assume that in a case of Security borging a perma prisoner that a exception be granted.
Well, apparently it is not a clear cut case, hence I brought it to policy

As I said, I was asked by the admins why I ordered it to be a janiborg, and "I'm the Captain and he is a perma prisoner" didn't seem good enough, although, in all fairness, I'm not sure if the admin okay'd it because I was the Captain and I was putting someone back in the round, or because the blood was his fault and I wanted it cleaning up

I do believe the policy should be edited slightly, if you are a perma prisoner, tough luck, you get to be whatever module people decide
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #34810

The agreement to be a janiborg was made before he was being sliced open, right?
He could have declined beforehand.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #34825

I don't believe he actually agreed to it, but the AI, and everyone else involved, did

He had lost his headset due to spouting down the radio to get the AI to save him constantly, so he wasn't in the loop
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #34832

He did not actually agree to it, but by that point his control over the situation was long gone.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #34838

Just let captain have the ability to blow that borg if it doesn't do what it's told. Basically reverting borging to execution. So borg, per silicon policy, can still choose whatever module, but captain can blow it if he wants to.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #34840

Seems kind borderline to me, considering it was either that or perma/death.
I'm guessing the admin that handled it at the time, felt the same way.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #34842

Its borderline, sure, that's why I made this thread

I want a clear cut answer: If you are going to be borged instead of permabrig, you can be forced to pick a module: Yes, or No
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #34844

I don't think this is entirely borderline or that bad. I mean, a lot of borg players ask the AI/humans which module they should go for anyways. When you're being borged because they don't want to kill/perma you, you should just be happy they're borging you and go along with whatever orders they give you after.

We'll need a ruling here, but my opinion is that Yes, it should be allowed.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #34847

Or, at the very least, never offer that player the option to be a borg, just go for execution. Teach that punk to look a gift horse in the mouth next time.

It my (obviously important) opinion, when it's borg or death, you should be allowed to pick the borg type if you want. If they don't like it, well, there's always "or death".
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #34853

Being a murdering shit had created need for a janiborg.

Other than that, it sounds like they had some degree of prior agreement?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #34874

damiac wrote:Or, at the very least, never offer that player the option to be a borg, just go for execution. Teach that punk to look a gift horse in the mouth next time.

It my (obviously important) opinion, when it's borg or death, you should be allowed to pick the borg type if you want. If they don't like it, well, there's always "or death".
There's really nothing stopping you from de-borging them except a couple burnt flashes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #34881

Ages and ages ago didn't Scaredy say something about wanting to encourage this kind of thing?

Rather than having players get executed or just tossed into Permabrig to rot I'm pretty sure he had given a stamp of approval to borging them instead.

There was a discussion that followed afterward about whether a newly minted borg would be in the right to immediately try to arrest whoever ordered them to be borged for murder, and I don't recall if we ever had settled that.

This was from back when TLE was forum host.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #34889

Yes, An0n3, we have settled that, it's in the silicon policies. Better read them all thoroughly.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #34903

Good advice. Three definitions on a subclause, better call my lawyer.
Voluntary (and ONLY voluntary) debraining/ cyborgization is considered a nonharmful medical procedure.
1) Involuntary debraining and/or cyborgization is a fatally harmful act that Asimov silicons must attempt to stop at any point they're aware of it happening to a human.
2) If a player is forcefully cyborgized as a method of execution by station staff, retaliating against those involved as that cyborg because "THEY HARMED ME" or "THEY WERE EVIL AND MUST BE PUNISHED" or the like is a violation of Server Rule 1.
3) Should a player be cyborgized in circumstances they believe they should or they must retaliate under their laws, they should adminhelp their circumstances while being debrained or MMI'd if possible.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #34995

Ordering a cyborg to pick a particular module without an extreme need for a particular module or a prior agreement is both an unreasonable and an obnoxious order.
Well, from an RP perspective, a workplace covered in blood is a huge health hazard, especially considering that many lethal diseases are spread via contact through blood.

From an OOC perspective, cleaning blood in the game is nearly a pointless task.

Where are we drawing the line?
/vg/station Head Admin
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #35008

mrpain wrote:From an OOC perspective, cleaning blood in the game is nearly a pointless task.
You're underestimating the psychological impact of such a mess. People are much more likely to vandalize an already vandalized house.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #35018

Why not make a distinction between non-criminal borgs and criminal borgs?

If a person was already cleared for execution or perma and becomes a borg, does becoming a borg clear their crimes to the extent that they are protected under the same policies that non-criminal borgs are? Or are they treated as more expendable and obligated to any deals made for them to be borged?
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #35238

UtterNewbie wrote:
mrpain wrote:From an OOC perspective, cleaning blood in the game is nearly a pointless task.
You're underestimating the psychological impact of such a mess. People are much more likely to vandalize an already vandalized house.
This is SS13, not real life, vandalism isn't usually bothered with if the Janitor isn't around, the blood comes from people dying.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #35240

I know the round you're talking about, and it's good to mention that at some point in the round the station was covered in disease infected monkey blood as well.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #35241

I've made some really obnoxious harmful diseases as a virologist that involve vomiting blood. When people afflicted with it throw up, blood or otherwise, that tile becomes another vector for the disease. Anyone not totally covered with the proper safety equipment has a chance to catch the disease from walking over it, and go on to puke up more fluids causing more people to be exposed, so on and so forth.

Does it happen often? Hell no. But it can.

Aside from diseases blood pools and trails are obvious signs of a crime and can lead you to more evidence. Keeping the station free from random bloodstains and shit helps sec tell the difference between what is just a bunch of people being dragged to medbay and what is a potential crime scene.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #35609

callanrockslol wrote:
UtterNewbie wrote:
This is SS13, not real life, vandalism isn't usually bothered with if the Janitor isn't around, the blood comes from people dying.
Psychology is key to human behavior, it applys to everything we do
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #35875

Antimattercarp wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:
UtterNewbie wrote:
It does not apply to SS13.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #35928

callanrockslol wrote:
Antimattercarp wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:
UtterNewbie wrote:
It does not apply to SS13.

>A game heavily involved in up to 100 people interacting with each other in the center of crisis situations
>Can't be any psychology here
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus