Animated statues and accountability of the people inside

Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Animated statues and accountability of the people inside

Post by Ergovisavi » #46790

So yesterday, I got turned into a statue mob by a wizard with a staff of animation. I proceeded to kill at least 10 people, and demolish a decent amount of the station. Eventually, it wore off, and I became a normal crewmember, and even eventually killed the wizard with my fireaxe.

Can station crew hold the person that was turned into the statue accountable for "their" actions while a statue mob? Their name is clearly visible "Statue of Griffy G", so you can tell who it is that was turned into a statue. Are people allowed to seek revenge?
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Re: Animated statues and accountability of the people inside

Post by Intigracy » #46791

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #46835

I'm fairly sure it's been confirmed by admins a couple times that being a statue basically gives you antag stuff until it goes away.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #47122

IIRC The player is never specifically instructed as to how they should act as a Statue. But they are clearly designed to cause harm and chaos, let loose by nefarious wizards.

Whether or not the player could be held accountable for their actions as a statue is something I'm willing to leave as an IC issue because their developers left their nature somewhat ambiguous.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #47132

The only thing I know they are for sure accountable for is killing the wizard that made them. Everything else should be fair game since antag.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #47139

I personally wouldn't hold a statue accountable for any of its actions. Nor would I hold anybody responsible should they seek revenge on you for what you did while a statue.
OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #52496

Intigracy wrote:     .
Intigracy has a point.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #52533

Never really thought about this. I'd honestly leave either situation up to IC really. It's seems more likely to result in an interesting role play situation than "LEL STATUE MAN IS VALID"
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman