no more ERP

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

no more ERP

Post by Hornygranny » #50410

Bottom post of the previous page:

We are banning ERP and sexual content on a trial basis. Thank you for your cooperation.
OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

Re: no more ERP

Post by OrbisA » #52565

I only want for the limits of the policy to be explained, in detail, and for aditional Roleplaying elements be introduced in game and things to do when we are not killing each other, combat can be fun and all, but since the administration considers that the player base is not mature enough to handle this, let's step it down, and search for other things to do, particulary, it would be important to intruduce enviroments where only a few people go and remain isolated, in an enviroment they have to trust the other, I feel that the betrayal element is important and we would lose a great deal if it was removed.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #52605

An0n3 wrote:
Phalanx300 wrote:
Razharas wrote:Erp dont need any "defenses" at all, by default everything that was permitted before needs to be proven bad to be forbidden, not other way around
This is the core of the discussion, and something I've yet to see the admins do. Its just a matter of not personally liking it, should that be a reason to remove it? I think not.

Pull your fingers out of your ears or other orifices and read what admins are actually posting. You don't see people posting things because you're selectively choosing not to read it.
You've yet to proove anything. Saying meta is caused by ERP is a shitty excuse and you know it.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #52618

YOU GOTTA FIGHT

FOR YOUR RIGHT

TO EEEEERP

In all honesty, this is probably gonna make rapey shit easier to enforce 'cause at least those responsible won't be able to duck behind "I thought they were into it" when the person on the receiving end doesn't instantly ahelp, robust the shit out of them, or whatever.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #52645

As a faggot who joined at the crux of server 2 metagangs, erp was almost soley responsible for the attitude on there between people helping their metafriends out and shit. Not saying that all the cliques erp'd, but one of the reasons server 2 was populated in the first place is because it had a pretty strong following of regulars who erp'd. They also REGULAR roleplayed more than most players, which is nice, but their attitude towards their buttbuddy being attacked by swarming the person who attacked them whether they were in the wrong or not was absolute cancer.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #52689

Phalanx300 wrote: Saying meta is caused by ERP is a shitty excuse and you know it.
The worst metabuddies were almost always ERPers. Dante and Dalta smith for example.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #52714

Meta caused by ERP leads to a bit of a slippery slope of rp causing meta. Metafriendship is caused by RP regardless of it is ERP or regular RP. From my experience the ban will cause more drama, then ERP itself has from my experience. It was a bit of a shitty change

>ERP being the impetus for the barroom metagroup that resulted in numerous permabans

Any RP will cause this. The fact that ERP was the most roleplaying sybil and basil had is the reason for association with barroom metagame. And what the fuck is the point of banning ERP if we can ban people actually metafriending. Like fuck most of my bans for metafriendship arent even caused by an ERP backround.

>ERP being the impetus for the previous headministration crumbling

Lolwhat

>ERP being the root cause of metacooperation circlejerks in the first place

Yeah the RP part of it.

>ERP being unwanted and disgusting to other players who don't think it's the height of internet comedy

There is erp that crosses the line but fuck this is another bullshit reason that I have yet to see being an issue.

Meh.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Snake2512
Byond Username: Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » #52724

I got rid of ERP before it was cool, step it up /tg/
4:08 PM - Maccus: you touched me as a kid remember
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #52760

paprika wrote:As a faggot who joined at the crux of server 2 metagangs, erp was almost soley responsible for the attitude on there between people helping their metafriends out and shit. Not saying that all the cliques erp'd, but one of the reasons server 2 was populated in the first place is because it had a pretty strong following of regulars who erp'd. They also REGULAR roleplayed more than most players, which is nice, but their attitude towards their buttbuddy being attacked by swarming the person who attacked them whether they were in the wrong or not was absolute cancer.
People who metacommunicate using ERP does not make ERP the cause of metacommunication. Why is this even a argument?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #52863

It's not only metacommunication, it's literal 'back off from my space waifu' tier stupidity where you can be a traitor and have everyone lynch your target because you said he attacked you and had an esword, or you are spacing his corpse and they think nothing of it because you said he attacked you. You could get anyone to believe anything just on the basis that they didn't want to break the ~IC TRUST~ between you and your fucking buttbuddy that you /me to death in the dorms.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #52893

Happens with regular RP buddies all the same. Exactly. The. Same.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #52895

No it doesn't? If anything ERP exacerbated what already existed, so removing it was a good idea. Yes, it will always exist with RP buddies protecting each other, but ERP buddies were another breed of fucking retarded. See: durkel/fuzzle
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #52900

Wait until, then.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Snake2512
Byond Username: Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » #52910

paprika wrote:No it doesn't? If anything ERP exacerbated what already existed, so removing it was a good idea. Yes, it will always exist with RP buddies protecting each other, but ERP buddies were another breed of fucking retarded. See: durkel/fuzzle
Uh listen cunt, if you don't bash the first poofter that messes with your mates you are a fuckin' dog cunt and unaustralian.

Never dog your mates.
4:08 PM - Maccus: you touched me as a kid remember
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #52921

paprika wrote:No it doesn't? If anything ERP exacerbated what already existed, so removing it was a good idea. Yes, it will always exist with RP buddies protecting each other, but ERP buddies were another breed of fucking retarded. See: durkel/fuzzle
No, idiot, ERP is what people do so they're horny enough to exacerbate. Go to sex ed, retard.
Spoiler:
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #52938

Snake2512 wrote:
Uh listen cunt, if you don't bash the first poofter that messes with your mates you are a fuckin' dog cunt and unaustralian.

Never dog your mates.
Jesus christ what
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #52949

Maccus wrote:
No, idiot, ERP is what people do so they're horny enough to exacerbate. Go to sex ed, retard.
that's exasperating you knobhead
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #53003

That's enough of this.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: