Spawn more antags instead of ending the round on wizard or revhead/head of staff loss

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Spawn more antags instead of ending the round on wizard or revhead/head of staff loss

Post by cacogen » #530005

People seem vehement the round ends after the wizard dies or when the revs win or lose, without regard for how short it's been.

Most productive jobs take the best part of half an hour to see a satisfying result from. Yet people don't seem to see a problem with rounds ending ten minutes in. Or the length of a round being hung on the robustness of a single wizard, a couple of revheads, or a handful of roundstart heads in the first place.

Provided a certain set of criteria is met, the game should spawn more antags instead. This:

1) Allows people to maintain their job progress
2) Prevents the round continuing without purpose
3) Maintains paranoia
4) Gives more people a chance at antag

Some criteria that should be considered:

1) Death toll
2) Round length

i.e. If more than ? percent is dead or the round has been going longer than ? minutes, it'd be preferable to restart.

What problems do you have with this idea? What haven't I thought about?
Last edited by cacogen on Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: The round should not end in the first half hour unless by shuttle or nuke

Post by Arathian » #530010

k
Iron, blood and spider armies
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #530011

Sometimes shit happens right off the bat that people are unable or unwilling to recover from. That's the nature of the game.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #530021

deedubya wrote:Sometimes shit happens right off the bat that people are unable or unwilling to recover from. That's the nature of the game.
>unless by shuttle
NSFW:

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #530070

No, extending wizard rounds until after they are gone is pointless and boring.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #530082

Dead wiz in 5 minutes should pull a new wiz from alive crew.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Re: Spawn more antags instead of ending the round on wizard or revhead/head of staff loss

Post by cacogen » #530099

I've updated the OP and title to better explain my thoughts
NSFW:

CPTANT

Re: Spawn more antags instead of ending the round on wizard or revhead/head of staff loss

Post by CPTANT » #530101

cacogen wrote:I've updated the OP and title to better explain my thoughts
This was a thing with "mulligan" and it was pretty useless because people called the shuttle anyway when the wizard was dead and it just tacked on a boring evacuation.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #530116

mulligan was ass
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #530117

CPTANT wrote:
This was a thing with "mulligan" and it was pretty useless because people called the shuttle anyway when the wizard was dead and it just tacked on a boring evacuation.
Why would they do that?
NSFW:

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #530120

Somebody has already proposed a good solution to the problem.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #530135

cacogen wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
Why would they do that?
Because half the crew is dead, the other half polymorphed or inside someone else's body, there are magical artefacts everywhere and the captain's head is a horse?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #532391

This seems to happen mostly on wizard.
CPTANT wrote:
cacogen wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
Why would they do that?
Because half the crew is dead, the other half polymorphed or inside someone else's body, there are magical artefacts everywhere and the captain's head is a horse?
This happens what, 1 in 10 wizard rounds? 1 in 20?

This happened again while I was doing xenobio and it was wizard. Wizard died 20 minutes in this time. Nobody likes losing progress. Some jobs take about 40 minutes to complete. Everyone wants more chances to roll antag. I don't see why this is contentious.
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #532490

Fighting through damage and difficult odds is part of the game, one that has been mostly lost in recent years because we wrap our players in shuttle-shaped cotton wool and let them run from nearly any sort of difficulty or antagonism. Remember old meteor mode and the like? Yeah, those made for some great stories.
Have a system that takes our current station integrity number and ends the round if a relevant antag dies with that number below a certain threshold, elsewise continuing and rerolling the antag(s). We can still have the shuttle, but at least rounds won't end with a perfect station five minutes in because a crappy wizard or stupid revhead bit it.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #533492

hello OP I already have a thread open for adding dynamic to all servers

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #533496

One of the old proposals specifically for revs was that, once the heads of staff died, all the revs would lose their rev status and the implanted crew would gain a counter-insurgent status with the goal to defeat the former revheads. I still think it would be cool to see it work like that.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #533555

Bawhoppennn wrote:One of the old proposals specifically for revs was that, once the heads of staff died, all the revs would lose their rev status and the implanted crew would gain a counter-insurgent status with the goal to defeat the former revheads. I still think it would be cool to see it work like that.

The only downside to this is that everyone would keep all their all access and wack gear.

Too bad there isn't a codified mass reset button that resets the station and all its inhabitants to round start spots, with round start IDs. At least the same job your supposed to have in the traitor panel.

that'd be nice for this.
► Show Spoiler
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #533556

Shadowflame909 wrote: Too bad there isn't a codified mass reset button that resets the station and all its inhabitants to round start spots, with round start IDs.
:squint:
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #533558

Arianya wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote: Too bad there isn't a codified mass reset button that resets the station and all its inhabitants to round start spots, with round start IDs.
:squint:
Spoiler:
NSFW:

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #533563

yeah like a new round

but with a reverse revs scenario.

actually that'd be terrible for keeping job progress so people can continue their job during an endless rev round.

I dunno just delete all the guns on the map then. we good.
► Show Spoiler