Will I get in trouble if someone gets hurt while messing with my things?

Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Will I get in trouble if someone gets hurt while messing with my things?

Post by Mickyan » #556532

Assuming you're not going out of your way to bait people into hurting themselves or leaving your dangerous equipment all over the place

Example: Cargo routinely steal wrapped packages destined to exports, am I going to get in trouble if I put a mousetrap grenade in one of them and a cargo tech blows themselves up while stealing it?
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Will I get in trouble if someone gets hurt while messing with my things?

Post by CPTANT » #556534

That sounds like the sort of shit you should reserve for when being an antag.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #556535

Explosive traps are a very risky game to play and I wouldn't recommend them. Chemists already eat shit for 'accidentally' blowing up innocents with their grenades as is, all it takes is one curious cargo tech checking a suspicious package.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #556536

If you label it as DANGER EXPLOSIVE DO NOT OPEN and they open it and it explodes, whose fault is it really?
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #556550

If its clearly marked, then anybody ignoring the warning should be held accountable for any consequences it brings.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #556551

If you send around innocuous dangerous packages and try to play the "oh gee I guess they shouldn't have opened it!" when you get bwoinked about then yeah you're probably gonna get in shit.

If you send around clearly marked dangerous packages and someone opens one, they do so at their own peril.

BUT explosives of any kind are a dangerous game to play. If someone opens a clearly marked dangerous package and craters cargo/a hallway/etc then, yeah I'll give them shit, but also you're gonna get shat on for distributing minibombs willy nilly.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #556552

As long as it's clearly marked as dangerous do not open and it doesn't cause any collateral damage then I'm cool with it. Similar to chemistry: You can't mislabel your funny pills as healing items, but if someone eats a "mystery pill" or "meme pill"
then they get whats coming to them.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #556553

To be clear in my example packages set for export have a visible bar code and cargo techs are expected to just load them on the shuttle, not open them
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #556660

Does this in some way benefit the station? What's the purpose of doing so?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #556673

Vekter wrote:Does this in some way benefit the station? What's the purpose of doing so?
It's because the tag makes the money split between cargo and him for giving cargo stuff to sell. They're basically untagging the goods and selling them to get the full money. He wants to trap the goods with explosives so that if the cargo techs try and untag it and steal from him they explode.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #556674

In that case as long as he labels it do not open or something similar then I really can't blame him for the cargo tech's dying. Just try and make sure it doesn't cause any collateral damage.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #556687

if you wanted to mess with him you could stick a deep fried tracking beacon inside a burger inside a wrapping paper inside a box inside a bag so it would make it impossible to send shuttle until someone finds it

if instead the dude made some big evil, like he murdered you and you got revived and wanted to get revenge, lets say he was the only miner then its fine to trap the mining eva room for him to return with explosives as its highly unlikely someone else would go there, just make sure to warn any late joining miners of it and you are 100% ban protected
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #556705

SkeletalElite wrote:
Vekter wrote:Does this in some way benefit the station? What's the purpose of doing so?
It's because the tag makes the money split between cargo and him for giving cargo stuff to sell. They're basically untagging the goods and selling them to get the full money. He wants to trap the goods with explosives so that if the cargo techs try and untag it and steal from him they explode.
Oh, huh. I didn't know you could do that. In that case, as long as you're making it quite obvious that it's secured with some sort of anti-tamper (and it's not blowing up half of Cargo when it goes off), then I'd let it go.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you