Pop cap on kilo

What sort of population cap would you like to see on kilo?

None
14%
<30
36%
No votes
9%
27%
No votes
9%
No votes
No votes
No votes
65+
5%

Total votes: 22

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Pop cap on kilo

Post by wesoda25 » #596762

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... lo#p589921

Kilo sucks when there’s too many people on it and only serves to make people hate it

I think inept once said he’d be fine with 45-50. I suggest 40 but 45 is p reasonable

@eob @headmins
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Re: Pop cap on kilo

Post by EOBGames » #596775

I'll refer to what I said on the last thread that raised this:
The EOB of the Past wrote: I feel that 50 is the lowest the config should go. In my opinion it works fine at that pop level (I'd say it's fine at 60 too) and if you're looking to get into the realms of 30 you're looking at a map that can't run in most cases. If you set it at that level, there is very little point in continuing to support the map.

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm not hugely in favour of restricting our maps mechanically, as with our limited map pool a map that can't run any considerable amount of the time is a dead spot. I support the config insofar as it is true that there's a point where Kilo is too small.

Kilo is, in my eyes, a comfortable midpop map which stretches to highpop. My insistence that the config go no lower than 50 is as below that point it's becoming more and more restricted from running at all.
I stand by this- 50 is what I'd say is the lowest point for the map should be, but I recognise that 40 may be a more popular point. Ultimately, setting it too low equates to a soft removal, and I don't think that is an acceptable outcome.

(As a side point, since I know it will come up: we have 32 individual jobs, anyone who says Kilo can't handle at least 30 players is being hyperbolic)
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #596811

a soft removal would be fuckin' awesome, though.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #596827

confused rock wrote:a soft removal would be fuckin' awesome, though.
If you want the map gone, have the balls to lobby for an actual removal, instead of leaving it as dead weight in the codebase.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #599779

We've decided to go with a 40 pop cap for now, based on the advice of our maptainer. This will be tweaked later if need be.

Headmin votes:
Jimmius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.