Resolved in banbus

Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Resolved in banbus

Post by Aurx » #75206

I'm starting to feel that all the ban appeal threads that conclude with "resolved in banbus" and no actual explanation of how it was resolved or what the resolution is, much less any logs, is pretty bad for transparency and communication.

When I see "resolved in banbus", I don't know if it was decided if the ban was good or not. I don't know what precedent might be being set by the ban appeal because I can't see the resolution. For all I'm aware of, all three headmins might have just decided to overturn precedent on something major in #banbus and it'd never get to me.

And on the player side, they can't possible know what made the appeal work/not work, and can't possibly use it as a chance to deepen their understanding of the rules. All they get to know is that something happened, and maybe they'll notice the player in question on the servers soon after and be able to tell the appeal was apparently successful.

I'd like to see logs and a summary of said logs, instead of an uninformative "resolved in banbus".
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Resolved in banbus

Post by Vekter » #75280

I agree. I don't necessarily think logs are needed for 100% of instances, but some form of transparency would be nice.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #75283

I literally just did this. Fair enough.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #75337

Unless there's some special circumstance where we should purposely obscure a ruling or decision you should at least announce the outcome in thread.

#banbus is a place you can talk about a ban but unless you're banned from the forums or something all appeals should be handled in FNR. Folks shouldn't be approaching admins directly to ask for bans to be added/removed.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #82119

IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3396
Somebody please formalize policy on this matter.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #82120

Never