Keep admin feedback threads open for a week after retirement/deadminning.

NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Keep admin feedback threads open for a week after retirement/deadminning.

Post by NamelessFairy » #689818

Simple thread, mostly explained in the title. In my years as an admin theres been several occasions where I've wanted to give a parting review of an admin. I think it would be nice to give retired admins a grace period where users can give last minute feedback regarding their experiences with them. The thread closures are usually so sudden that even if you wanted to give regular feedback on an admin its very possible that they could retire and you'd lose your opportunity to do so with no warning. The only real con to allowing such feedback that I can think of is headmins need to add another card to their trello's/similar tool to track when to close the thread, however this is a miniscule quantity of effort. I also think extending this 1 week grace period to deadminned admins should also be considered although this I'm not too sure of. It would give a opportunity for people to bring up some positive experiences that the admin left on them which might help that admin get re-adminned in the future.

An example of a grace period can be found in Domitius's feedback thread where Jimmius either intentionally or not left the thread open briefly after their retirement resulting in a sudden influx of feedback from other admins which is very cute!
viewtopic.php?p=595551#p595551
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master

Re: Keep admin feedback threads open for a week after retirement/deadminning.

Post by NamelessFairy » #689819

Also this should be retroactively employed on Armhulenn's thread.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #689824

Why does a non-admin need admin feedback? They’re not an admin anymore so it would be irrelevant. It’s never a bad thing to compliment someone but at that point might as well tag them on Discord and tell them.

It also seems like it’d be pretty annoying for headmins to have to remember when the week or whatever it is is up since they retired and to close it after that.
Spoiler:
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master

Post by NamelessFairy » #689825

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:37 pm Why does a non-admin need admin feedback? They’re not an admin anymore so it would be irrelevant. It’s never a bad thing to compliment someone but at that point might as well tag them on Discord and tell them.

It also seems like it’d be pretty annoying for headmins to have to remember when the week or whatever it is is up since they retired and to close it after that.
Admins can unretire in the future, in such a case post-mortem feedback would be still be useful for them, both for actually trying to re-admin as feedback can influence headmin decisions and the admins future endeavors. Last minute positive feedback may also encourage an admin to return in the future but thats only a theoretical. Also sometimes I just want factors to be known to the public for future feedback readers.

As for the annoying factor, the workload of setting a 1 week reminder is so miniscule that I don't think its really at risk of making an impact, admins don't retire often and ".remindme 7d close xyz's feedback thread" takes less than 10 seconds to type so the workload increase should be negligible.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #689830

Honestly a good idea; when somebody retires, it might be a perfect time for people who haven't posted yet to collect there thoughts and say what they think about the admin.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #689876

This just feels like busy work for the sake of busy work. You can still post feedback when they unretire and if they never unretire you have just wasted time, for virtually no reason.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #689920

TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:21 am This just feels like busy work for the sake of busy work. You can still post feedback when they unretire and if they never unretire you have just wasted time, for virtually no reason.
You make it sound like it's a waste of effort to post farewell letters.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #689922

Archie700 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:05 pm
TheRex9001 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:21 am This just feels like busy work for the sake of busy work. You can still post feedback when they unretire and if they never unretire you have just wasted time, for virtually no reason.
You make it sound like it's a waste of effort to post farewell letters.
No its not, but its also not something for admin feedback. Make a post mortem thread in the players club or similar forum spaces
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #689950

I think this is fine but I figure we can just make a thread in Player's Club if that's the case, instead of just making people have to come back a week later to lock the thread.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #689956

I like this idea. It's not that much work and I'd like to be able to say bye
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #690009

Vekter wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:55 pm I think this is fine but I figure we can just make a thread in Player's Club if that's the case, instead of just making people have to come back a week later to lock the thread.
Player's Club threads are not as visible as Admin Feedback threads, given you have to know the hyperlink and be able to post there.

There's also them becoming harder to find as they autolock and more threads push it down the archives.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #690516

I don't want the overhead for this.

Timber: Don't really care either way. If someone wants to post specific feedback in a locked thread they can always ask.

As such we won't be changing anything here.