Framing others using "ligger"

Epoc
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epoc

Framing others using "ligger"

Post by Epoc » #701337

In a recent round, a changeling used their voice change ability to impersonate the HoS.
They then sent radio messages as the HoS, using the word "ligger", which as per viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34353, renders them valid.
The HoS was then killed by a lizard who believed they were valid, when in fact, it was the changeling who used the term while framing the HoS.

It could be argued that this sort of situation is natural in a game that revolves around deception.
To me, this seems like a blatant abuse of policy. This sort of strategy has no bearing in-character.

Thoughts?
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Re: Framing others using "ligger"

Post by Justice12354 » #701340

I don't see a problem with it, personally. It's the same as the Changeling using voice chance to make the Mime valid. Do you believe that is equally bad?
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #701341

That’s a changeling moment.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
TheLoLSwat
Byond Username: TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #701342

changeling moment, only thing that should be off limits is like rule 8 stuff
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701353

I think there could be some concerns if this is used enough, but it definitely sounds like a changeling moment. Just write it off as a comms agent, most people will believe you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #701366

MSO has stated in the admin channels on this topic:
MrStonedOne — 02/08/2023 12:42
[ligger validity is] an ooc ruling so abusing it as a tator is metagaming
for the wgw one at least that was what the logic was. there is only ooc rule reasons to want to do it
its a murky line
one of the benefits to the previous non-committal stance of not explicitly saying they were valid valid =P
This isn't a particularly novel situation in that regard and older admins would remember the situation back from when WGW reading was a thing.

As always, admin discretion on if and/or when this is enforced continues to be a thing; we should never let the rules get in the way of a good story and I don't want to box the admin team into a specific mandatory ruling. I expect them to be sensible and use their entire admin toolbox - from ahelp tickets to IC announcements to deathsquads to Godly revivals - to resolve these issues.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #701445

I don't believe using OOC "kill words" that make you instantly valid and not allowed to defend yourself to start fights is a good thing to let comms agents/lings do.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #701453

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:44 pm I don't believe using OOC "kill words" that make you instantly valid and not allowed to defend yourself to start fights is a good thing to let comms agents/lings do.
If you've been framed to say a kill word, You probably won't be bwoinked for self defense murdering your attackers, you weren't TRYING to provoke them.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #701486

Timber put it best. This is specifically using metaknowledge and thus very blatantly against Rule 2.
nukularpower
Byond Username: Nukularpower

Post by nukularpower » #701509

imo this ruling is wrong on the basic level - I dont care how much someone offends you IRL, you probably arent going to murder them, and if you would, you probably need help. Why is it different here?
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #701516

Perhaps the lesson to learn is that valid words are stupid and if you don't want people to say a word, you put it on the word filter and be done with it.

Ever since this ruling, I just see doors with pieces of paper that say ligger on them, but nobody says it.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #701543

Ban it under rule 11 already
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #701548

Banning ligger is an MSO skill issue.

Maybe next term will put some energy into overthrowing the host instead of trying to fork the codebase or splitting LRP off from tg. Lots of small-picture candidates on the horizon though, so I don't think we'll see a bigger picture host coup anytime soon.

Until it loses its protected status, it will still be a usable word on the game servers.

Relying on its OOC validity status as an antag is metagaming.

That said, it's up to individual admins as to whether they give this a pass or bwoink players when they see ligger weaponised in this manner by antags.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #701564

Timberpoes wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:18 pm Maybe next term will put some energy into overthrowing the host instead of trying to fork the codebase or splitting LRP off from tg.
What is this referring to?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master

Post by Timberpoes » #701570

CPTANT wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:51 pm
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:18 pm Maybe next term will put some energy into overthrowing the host instead of trying to fork the codebase or splitting LRP off from tg.
What is this referring to?
Some of the candidate threads for incoming headmins.

In less than a month we'll have 3 new faces ruling on policy and Hugs/Kieth/Poes will slither off back into the shadows.

Making saying ligger a straight rule 11 breach isn't something the headmins can actually do, because it's got special protections from MSO. Only way to change that (at least at this point in time) is an insurrection.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #701572

If its metagaming to know that saying the L word will get you killed that mean players have a free pass to say it and feign ignorance that what they did made them valid.

Im pretty sure i was the ling trying to make a point that this is a policy nightmare.

There is also the case of not purposefully weaponizing the word but wanting to get away with saying it as an antag, which is easily done in a different voice albeit that could be in a random persons made up name not an actual crew member

Then there is the instance of saying the word without voice change to make yourself valid and then transform stinging others to make them you, only being metagame if you arnt supposed to know youre valid for saying that

Tldr this type of ruling doesnt work under metagaming because then its under the basis that its knowledge that you shouldnt be aware of in game, it should fall under something else.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #701574

Framing others for ligger is cool and based way to push back against the terrible policy this headmin term has instituted.

Framing people for stuff that makes them valid (wgw, killing Ian, cutting down the Christmas tree) has been one of the most soulful things this game has to offer.
Image Image
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #701580

This thread isn't for discussing the policy itself, but for handling the issue where someone can make someone else valid by pretending to be them and saying the word. If you want to discuss the policy itself, make a new thread.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701590

MooCow12 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:05 pm If its metagaming to know that saying the L word will get you killed that mean players have a free pass to say it and feign ignorance that what they did made them valid.
Ignorantia juris non excusat.

Just because you "didn't know" about a headmin ruling that doesn't mean you should walk away scot-free. Obviously an exception should be made to new players, but in your case it shouldn't. Headmin rulings (should) carry the same weight as the rules, otherwise there would be no point in them existing.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #701591

Fren256 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:43 am
Just because you "didn't know" about a headmin ruling that doesn't mean you should walk away scot-free. Obviously an exception should be made to new players, but in your case it shouldn't. Headmin rulings (should) carry the same weight as the rules, otherwise there would be no point in them existing.
You clearly dont understand the point being made, if something is metagaming then its not acting on knowledge that your in game character should know about.

Picture a changeling seeing someone get lynched for saying L word so they start framing people for saying L word in the same round, at that point its not metagame and the only person meta`ing is the people who already knew L word = lynch.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
Fren256
Byond Username: Fren256

Post by Fren256 » #701594

MooCow12 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:57 am
You clearly dont understand the point being made, if something is metagaming then its not acting on knowledge that your in game character should know about.

Picture a changeling seeing someone get lynched for saying L word so they start framing people for saying L word in the same round, at that point its not metagame and the only person meta`ing is the people who already knew L word = lynch.
It... still counts as the ling player metagaming because of the ruling, regardless of how you want to picture it in an IC situation.
conrad wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:25 pm I want you to know that I value you as a person.
Avid lizard player
Spoiler:
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #701610

Almost every single rule in the game only stops you from doing something because of your metaknowledge that it's against the rules.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #701620

Fren256 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:08 am

It... still counts as the ling player metagaming because of the ruling, regardless of how you want to picture it in an IC situation.
It's metagming to know in universe that saying ligger to a ligger is extremely offensive?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Festkongendk
Byond Username: Gobears

Post by Festkongendk » #701654

Even if MSO says its' not allowed I feel like the ruling on this is coming from too obscure of a place for both most players and most admins to be aware of it. Just ban the word entirely.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #701697

Saying "ligger" making you valid is an elegant solution until it's not. Thus another argument in favor of just hard filtering the word. Short of that, soft filter would help admins in policing this sort of thing
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #701713

Festkongendk wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:56 pm Even if MSO says its' not allowed I feel like the ruling on this is coming from too obscure of a place for both most players and most admins to be aware of it. Just ban the word entirely.
Or just return it to how it always was without any problems? An offensive derogatory term for lizards that was enough reason to instigate conflict but did not make you completely validsalid without being able to fight back. It would solve this entire issue of using it to frame others.
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #701805

I really don’t see an issue with a changeling using it to frame someone. It isn’t the most difficult to prove your innocence (especially if you are near anyone while “you” are screaming slurs on radio), and if someone attacks you then you can just fight back? This is a unique way antags can get nonantags to fight
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #701860

It certainly does make for a more interesting round than just silent murderboning and getting shuttle called but thats not a point I want to commit to.
Spoiler:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #701866

CPTANT wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:17 pm It's metagming to know in universe that saying ligger to a ligger is extremely offensive?
It's metagaming to know that saying 'ligger' at all, to anyone, is enough to justify people hunting you down and killing you.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #701874

datorangebottle wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:28 am
It's metagaming to know that saying 'ligger' at all, to anyone, is enough to justify people hunting you down and killing you.
Which means its metagaming to know you can hunt someone down and kill them for saying ligger o_o
Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #701885

Remember when antags tried to game the system by using Woody's Got Wood to frame people and get them lynched until it got banned under metagaming?

This is similar.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Boot

Post by Boot » #701904

The difference is that wgw broke the rules and ligger explicitly doesn't.
Image Image
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #701911

Boot wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:27 pm The difference is that wgw broke the rules and ligger explicitly doesn't.
You werent allowed to use WGW to frame people even before it was against the rules to read over comms.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #701920

Boot wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:27 pm The difference is that wgw broke the rules and ligger explicitly doesn't.
We made WGW against the rules because people were using it to escalation bait and we ended up deciding it was better to just ban it than to deal with all the people doing it. There was a long period where WGW didn't break the rules but still made you valid.
Spoiler:

Boot

Post by Boot » #701923

Vekter wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:26 pm
We made WGW against the rules because people were using it to escalation bait and we ended up deciding it was better to just ban it than to deal with all the people doing it. There was a long period where WGW didn't break the rules but still made you valid.
I always thought that saying copypasta over comms was always a violation of the no spamming rule that made you valid no?
Image Image
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #701930

Boot wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:09 pm
Vekter wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:26 pm
I always thought that saying copypasta over comms was always a violation of the no spamming rule that made you valid no?
I recall it explicitly being reading erotica.
Spoiler:

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #702005

Players should be confirming the person actually said it similar to how silicons cant just rely on word of mouth that the person the hos just harmed was a ling, especially when the only reason youre doing it is because you have a green light. If there is some actual ambiguity then obviously its emergent gameplay, but its so stupid how people will use the "youre allowed to know about antag mechanics" rule only when it is convenient. At least when you just braindead killed WGW readers you can say you didnt like the chat spam, theres no problem with a mime speaking or someone using a magic word.

You are allowed to know agent masks and lings exist in the game world, you have no excuse to just unga bunga kill someone because you saw their name and green-lit text on the most obvious place people who are framing will put it.

That said lings should obviously be allowed to do this, the onus should be on the individual using the most flimsiest of excuses to get a valid to at least pretend like they looked into it.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #702109

Cobby wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:15 pm Players should be confirming the person actually said it similar to how silicons cant just rely on word of mouth that the person the hos just harmed was a ling, especially when the only reason youre doing it is because you have a green light. If there is some actual ambiguity then obviously its emergent gameplay, but its so stupid how people will use the "youre allowed to know about antag mechanics" rule only when it is convenient. At least when you just braindead killed WGW readers you can say you didnt like the chat spam, theres no problem with a mime speaking or someone using a magic word.

You are allowed to know agent masks and lings exist in the game world, you have no excuse to just unga bunga kill someone because you saw their name and green-lit text on the most obvious place people who are framing will put it.

That said lings should obviously be allowed to do this, the onus should be on the individual using the most flimsiest of excuses to get a valid to at least pretend like they looked into it.
I can bet you that the moment some Comms agent says Unlucky McDoomed says the l-word on Comms about 5 people will already beating him to death before someone says "wait did he say that"

The cynical fact is that some players are dumb and hunt for vailds like a hawk and we can't fix that by just telling them. The moment they hear the word their fingers get sweaty, their nether regions get hot, and their mind goes "me make player go horizontal ook ook"
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #702131

No the issue is no one is pushing back at all right now (hence why we have this thread). Once people start catching notes for braindead killing the behavior will be curbed like any others.

That makes a lot more sense than being able to talk BUT if you talk pretending to disguise as the mime and they kill the real one that’s now an ooc issue against you.

If we are talking like LRP you don’t even need a reason to be framed, it shouldn’t suddenly become not ok for antags to frame because they did so In a way admins don’t push back against players on.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #702227

Greenlighting a method of saying the word, if only for antags, falls short of what it meant to achieve I think. The community can’t exactly police itself if they have to worry about the burden of proof.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #702231

You would still be allowed to detain or otherwise subdue the person, which would still deter people from using the word themselves. You are not OWED a kill. There is no gameplay disadvantage associated with a mime talking or a person saying ligger.

If you wanted the word banned then well ban the word. If you cant because you have been overruled by MSO (which I think is the case here), it is very cheeky to go "well its NOT banned BUT you lose all your IC protections if you say the word". It falls short when you dont do the bare minimum effort of actually confirming the person said the word, grieffing one person AND letting the guy who actually said the word go free.

For mimes the entire rule is predicated on the mime actually speaking. The purpose of the rule falls very short when you just kill people without actually seeing for yourself if they spoke.

The community absolutely needs to be able to prove bad actions were taken if they are expected to police themselves, which is also true of admins. If you are going to play vigilante, at least pretend like you looked into the issue.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #702257

People keep forgetting that a large portion of the game is deception.

I think the real issue is mechanically winning fights is all people care about meanwhile lieing and subversion take a back seat most of the time.

Even stealth antags do not use deception, often times stealth antags are just ones that dont get caught on their murder spree, they dont sow chaos by dismantling the chain of command via deception and turning the crew against eachother.

The community needs healthy mental exercise which it isnt getting (if youve played the mafia gamemode it becomes extremely apparent)
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #702622

We had this exact same conversation about WGW before it got banned, and let's be real

We ought to just cut the Gordian Knot and ban it outright, just like we did with WGW. Better to just get it over with, because I'm pretty sure that's the way it's going to go sooner or later.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #702636

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:53 am We had this exact same conversation about WGW before it got banned, and let's be real

We ought to just cut the Gordian Knot and ban it outright, just like we did with WGW. Better to just get it over with, because I'm pretty sure that's the way it's going to go sooner or later.
Well that isn't an option, the word has Host protection.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #702643

There was a time everyone thought WGW would never really be banned because somehow people were convinced it was "soul" or something.

Eventually, people realized it contributes nothing and every round it's present in is worse of for having it. It's not funny, it's not clever, it's not creative, it's not interesting, and the downsides of having it in any form far outstrip the upsides of "you can say it but anyone can fuck you up over it"

Sooner or later, I think it's inevitable that this issue is going to go the exact same way. People are going to realize that they pretty much can't remember a single time that a round was better off for having this in it. In the end, the playerbase will collectively say it's better off to remove it entirely. If it follows WGW's trajectory as closely as I suspect it might, if we don't shortcut to there, when it finally happens a lot of people are going to be saying we should have done it earlier.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #702662

WGW actually spams your chat though, a single word causing such a viceral response is because you the OOC individual is putting a ton of stake into it.

Now if someone is spamming Ligger in chat then thats already a rule 1 issue from spamming.

Im really unimpressed by the idea that because the host made a ruling admins dislike that theyve just not enforced any semblance of protection against these people, especially when we start talking about non-lizards just beating up people for using the greenlit word. Doubly so when we get to this specific issue where the people arent actually beating up the person using the word, but because admins have enabled this stupid response to the word nopony seems to care.

I do agree with the general notion IC policing of OOC issues is problematic, but I dont agree that because the host calls Ligger an IC allowable that means anyperson who uses it has no OOC protection (especially the person who didnt say it but is being treated like they did). They obviously instigate escalation against the person they used it upon but its really weird how its just allowed to forgo any conflict-building and straight to "lol just can them".
TheLoLSwat

Post by TheLoLSwat » #703523

For example if someone frames the RD for saying the l word, if the RD kills someone trying to kill them (after explaining that they didn’t say it of course) isn’t that just fuck around and find out?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #703545

just treat it the same as mimes talking. if a mime "talks" over radio and you beeline to the theater to rip them in half and it ends up someone else was the mime talking then its on you for killing someone without good evidence.

if you dont see the person in front of you doing it you shouldnt be rushing your escalation on it.

if someone does keep insulting you over radio go find them and tell them to say it to your face or something to figure out if it really is them doing it.
Weston Echard on Sybil
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #703551

You'd think MSO would've learned from all the trouble WGW caused than to just go "Oh yeah, just give people a pass to round remove those who say it no questions asked". Sooner or later we're gonna end up going full circle and banning the word entirely.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #703560

Why don't we just go back to the situation we had before where the word was merely insulting IC and there was no problem whatsoever.....