Ghost roles going for D20.

Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Ghost roles going for D20.

Post by Turbonerd » #701887

Something about ash lozard and the "greed ruin". There's a D20 in there or somethign, allowing ash lizards and maybe other ghost roles to jave a chance to roll wizqrd. I din't exactly know how ot works, but I don't think ghost roles should be going for something that xan hace a massive impact on the round. The D20 cam be cheesed because the ghost roles can kist respawn with notbing to lose.

Ban ghost roles from attempting to cheese or roll D20s. They shouldn't be attempting to have any impact on the roudn.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Ghost roles going for D20.

Post by Timberpoes » #701889

Put the bottle down and go to bed.

When you wake up tomorrow sober and able to type, you will have a different outlook on life.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #701891

I will admit I have cheesed the D20 a few times, mostly by running back to the necropolis and having it heal me after a few pulls, but never once have I received a good roll for my trouble.
Wait, I take that back, there was a round a few years ago where I got mindswap as a reward, and somehow ended up stealing a durand to serve as protector of the necropolis.
But considering the fact that you first need the ruin to spawn, and not have already been looted, and for the lavaland roles to have a chance of making it to the ruin, and then after all that to even get a good roll on the 1-use dice, I'd say the chances of a big round ending dice effect are inconsequential.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #701892

Ghost roles foregoing their role to roll for antag should be curbed.

If you don’t want to play ash liz then don’t click the egg.

At worse if you get wizard you should prioritize your roles objective imo.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #701899

Meds.

On a more serious note, this probably shouldn't be a thing but I think it more speaks for the issues with having this stuff available and easily cheese-able on Lavaland than anything else. IIRC there's a PR up to fix most of those cheese methods though.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #701956

Cobby wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:40 pm Ghost roles foregoing their role to roll for antag should be curbed.

If you don’t want to play ash liz then don’t click the egg.

At worse if you get wizard you should prioritize your roles objective imo.
The idea of an Ash Wizard defending the necropolis sounds hilarious to me.