MRP and Choose-Your-Own-Objective

GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

MRP and Choose-Your-Own-Objective

Post by GPeckman » #704400

Under MRP rules, antagonists can only murder people completely unprompted (as in, no escalation at all) if it helps accomplish their objective in some way. However, it is now possible for most antagonists to make their own custom objective. If an antagonist made an objective like "murder everyone on the station," would they actually be allowed to murder everyone with no escalation?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: MRP and Choose-Your-Own-Objective

Post by Misdoubtful » #704409

If someone is using this feature in bad faith to circumvent the rules instead of making for funny, cool, interesting, or otherwise routine and classical ss13 moments then they know exactly what they are doing. There isn't any room for the benefit of the doubt here unless they just don't know the rules to begin with, which is even worse.

At that point there is no reason for it to not be treated as breaking said rules even if they haven't acted yet. Or least the expectation that someone will follow through. The intention is probably going to be very clear.

That being said custom antag objectives do get logged. So there is not any wiggle room about it, admins will know.

That being said there is always space for things to be waived under the rule of cool and people can always ahelp about the objective and gimmick they want to do to get guidance and maybe some help from admins to accomplish it, but this case ain't it chief.
Hugs
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #704413

If you set your objective to "BORN TO DIE / WORLD IS A FUCK / Kill Em All 1989 / I am trash man / 410,757,864,530 DEAD COPS" you better be doing it in a really cool way, like so stylish even the most uptight admin would give you a Rule 0 pass for making the round better, because the point of custom objectives is to be MORE interesting to the round than stealing a few things and laying low until the shuttle is called.

(Spoiler, if you set your objective to "prevent the station goal from being accomplished" I will probably let you get away with a lot of relevant sabotage)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #704439

I'll echo what the other admins have said about it - we expect that if you're going to set your own objective you're doing so for the sake of doing something interesting or funny or cool. You're not going to get away with indiscriminate murder just because you made your objective "kill everyone".
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #704541

Literally what everyone above has said. Just because we have custom objectives doesn't mean that you can write "wordlessly kill everyone" and get away with it. The antag is still restricted, and the purpose of custom objectives is to give more power to roleplayers, not to encourage lame behaviour.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #704612

GPeckman wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:46 pm Under MRP rules, antagonists can only murder people completely unprompted (as in, no escalation at all) if it helps accomplish their objective in some way. However, it is now possible for most antagonists to make their own custom objective. If an antagonist made an objective like "murder everyone on the station," would they actually be allowed to murder everyone with no escalation?
Cheshify wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:08 am Literally what everyone above has said. Just because we have custom objectives doesn't mean that you can write "wordlessly kill everyone" and get away with it. The antag is still restricted, and the purpose of custom objectives is to give more power to roleplayers, not to encourage lame behaviour.
Misdoubtful wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:29 pm If someone is using this feature in bad faith to circumvent the rules instead of making for funny, cool, interesting, or otherwise routine and classical ss13 moments then they know exactly what they are doing. There isn't any room for the benefit of the doubt here unless they just don't know the rules to begin with, which is even worse.

At that point there is no reason for it to not be treated as breaking said rules even if they haven't acted yet. Or least the expectation that someone will follow through. The intention is probably going to be very clear.

That being said custom antag objectives do get logged. So there is not any wiggle room about it, admins will know.

That being said there is always space for things to be waived under the rule of cool and people can always ahelp about the objective and gimmick they want to do to get guidance and maybe some help from admins to accomplish it, but this case ain't it chief.

Restricted Antagonists on MRP are still restricted, regardless of their objectives. Traitors/Heretics should not be giving themselves objectives to do what's beyond their capacity as a restricted antagonist, and the tool should instead be a way to promote roleplay. Nothing really needs to change here. Custom objectives are logged and admins can always handle traitors deciding to give themselves rule-breaking objectives.

Cheshify - Wrote it
Fikou - "Okay"
TheBibleMelts - +1 he can add his own thoughts if needed.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta