Summon ghosts and meta information

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Summon ghosts and meta information

Post by Timonk » #705273

How much of the information you gain during summon ghosts can you use when you are revived? Especially considering your ghost is now visible to others and you can interact with the round as a ghost by pointing.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Summon ghosts and meta information

Post by Vekter » #705276

We recently discussed something similar to this.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=34840
kieth4 wrote:Ghost court is funny. If you kill the wrong person you'll get punished though so be careful.
This seems different enough that it might be worth a ruling, though. I imagine your ghost being visible doesn't change anything about how you can't take information from being a ghost and use it when revived.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #705278

Vekter wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:27 pm I imagine your ghost being visible doesn't change anything about how you can't take information from being a ghost and use it when revived.
If your ghost isn't visible you can at least pretend like you are not there. If you happen to see someone get murdered as ghost during summon ghosts there's a good chance the murderer sees you too but you would have to pretend like you don't know but the killer knows you know
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #705526

You still forget what you saw as a ghost whether you’re visible or not, your visibility shouldn’t impact how you retain info.

You can see a murder just the same without summon ghosts, the only difference is the murderer can ahelp you more easily if you act on that since they knew your presence.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #705573

Cobby wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:34 pm You still forget what you saw as a ghost whether you’re visible or not, your visibility shouldn’t impact how you retain info.

You can see a murder just the same without summon ghosts, the only difference is the murderer can ahelp you more easily if you act on that since they knew your presence.
like it or not you will become more weary around that person and the person knows it too
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #705580

Which is again no different than seeing a murder of someone while youre invisible.

Just because the murderer can tell that youre watching him means that you get to kill him when you respawn.

The only argument I can think of for this is well the murderer could also kill you when you revive, but you can just out him on radio since its now IC and not ever actually have to interact with them. I am really struggling to understand the benefit gained by someone going "WHEN I WAS DEAD I SAW JOHN McSPACESTATION XIIV KILL SOMEONE" immediately as they respawn because... the ghost was visible to the murderer?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #705586

Cobby wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:35 pm Which is again no different than seeing a murder of someone while youre invisible.

Just because the murderer can tell that youre watching him means that you get to kill him when you respawn.

The only argument I can think of for this is well the murderer could also kill you when you revive, but you can just out him on radio since its now IC and not ever actually have to interact with them. I am really struggling to understand the benefit gained by someone going "WHEN I WAS DEAD I SAW JOHN McSPACESTATION XIIV KILL SOMEONE" immediately as they respawn because... the ghost was visible to the murderer?
The difference is that murder man will now prioritize getting rid of you because there's a risk you randomly stumble upon the crime scene vs murder man doesn't know and you can act as usual

It's kinda "I know you know that you shouldn't know" vs "no one saw me"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #705597

Do people actually do this?

I mean if they happen upon your body maybe, but if john doe sees me murder via ghost im not really going to actively look for his body. I absolutely would if the ruling is he can out me immediately as he respawns.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705605

i like the idea that your character's memories are in their brains. keep it simple, if it didn't happen while your brain was working, you don't remember it.

EDIT: i think both chesh and fikou have given the thumbs up to this, so there you have it.